Whit
C
I
R
R
U
S
If you could forget, would you?

The question had haunted the girl since the strange pale unicorn spoke it. It had bothered her, and it still did, that such innocent words could be so heavily loaded with meaning. The little rainchild had awoken with a start, her pelt dark with the worry of sweat, storm clouds gathering over the Rotundra she slept within. And the unicorn’s eyes, those dual tones pierced her with their query – as if they had seen all that the weather-borne belle had just dreamed. Before her mind’s eye that night, her entire life had seemingly played out, only it wasn’t random and rushed, but methodical and analytical, intrusive, -it focussed upon those points which made her most sore, the deaths and abandonments she had faced throughout her relatively short life. And when the movie of her tragic life was over, her dreams repeated it until tears burned behind her eyelids and forced the girl to tremble awake.

You deserve happiness, Tinek’s bonded had said, and Cirrus had to wonder at the words. What was happiness, if Sitka was not here? Why should she deserve such a thing, if he was not here to enjoy it with her? And how was she supposed to not only find this happiness, but even recognise it enough to hold onto it?

Unbidden, the smile of a handsome stallion and his playful white dragon came to her mind. Was that happiness? Merely finding solace in another’s company? No, Cirrus thought to herself. It couldn’t be the answer, could it? Every relationship she had formed was now unformed – her father’s death led to the estrangement of her mother and sister, the shades tore her away from the very land she was born within, and that it turn caused her to lose the last reason she held onto this existence. Was she cursed? How could she be deserving of such happiness, when it was as if the world had predetermined that she would be anything but?

So the girl had risen and shaken the thoughts from her mind, murmured a farewell to the crimson-trimmed belle before making a hasty retreat to the skies.

But the skies were not kind to her. So used to being at one with the weather, her magic had gone completely with the wind, and the girl found herself lost amidst a terrible storm. Though she survived, she was beat up, bruised and battered, like a surfer who had accidentally slipped off his board and been thrown against the sandy basin, she had been tossed through the belly of a cloud here and there, eventually finding herself awake, cocooned beneath the broad spread of her wings.

It seemed as if the girl was lost then, her mind absent from her body, and her body simply running on base functions to survive. Eat, drink, sleep, walk. She did not fly again, not for anything more than short glides, for whenever she tried to do more, the heavens above her battered her back to the earth below. Her pace was both leisurely and determined, at least in direction – she wanted to cross the borders again, she wanted to leave this place of death and darkness behind. Why had she bothered to come back at all?

But as the little cloud reached the Threshold, she found herself forced to a halt, the sun beating down upon her, the brilliant sky reflecting upon her silken pelt. Tears formed dark lines from her eyes to her cheeks, as the weather-borne girl found herself unable to go any further.

[ OOC :: @[Ophelia] - no need for you to reply (unless you want to of course <3), but just wanted you to see how Phi's words will enact Cirrus' path to change, ie, she'll decide to stay in Helovia and possibly follow someone home instead of run away, for your quest :)

& if someone she knows could grab her from the Throat that would be wonderful...]
Image Credit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Spice Posts: 118
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
    Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

[Image: cheshire_cat_grin.jpg]

I was tired after my meet at the shore with Apollo and his lil kitten Zola. I didn't know what to make of my tiredness, so I headed back to the threshold where I decided I would try and meet someone new. Again. I didn't exactly know what I was doing, because I was just doing it. I didn't need to tell myself to do it, because it was just happening and I was thankful for that.

So, now I had wandered through vase stretches of forest lands, and when she finally reached the Threshold, she could feel it. A difference beneath her feet. Not the same ol' lands feeling, just a new feeling. Like when I reached the Throat. Well, maybe that was just the sand -but anyway- I still continue forth my adventure, deciding to possibly try to recruit someone to my herd, just as Buce and Jahzara had. Though, I didn't go with them. Leading a life of lonely wondering until I met Rhoa, who brought me to the Throat, claiming he was a prince. And I believed him. I still do! He is a great friend of mine.

All the while I think of these things, retracing the path from which I took from the threshold in my own mind, I look up, trying to see if there was anyone ahead that I had not noticed. Walking on for probably only a few more minutes, I came to a halt, right where I stood.

There was a girl standing there, a bit taller than me and prettier, but she was crying. Well, it seemed as though, it might just be the sun on her cheeks just right...nope. She was definitely crying. Spice found herself wanting to ask all kinds of different questions, like "who are you?" And "why are you here?" But I never asked others that I've met questions like that. Maybe it was just the fact that she came across as sad and lonely, and I was scared to try and help her because I didn't know if I would fail.

Some nights, I would (stay up, cashing in my bad luck!) be upset, and my mother would be by my side to comfort me. I can't really remember why I had been upset, I just know that I was.
    And then it dawns on me.
    I don't remember why I was upset, because I am free now. Unlike back then when I cried at night after the stories my mother would tell me because I wanted it so badly. I wanted to get out. And all she said was "not yet." What in the whole big wide world was that supposed to mean? Was it some code for "your never going to get out, so just shut the heck up"? I didn't know.

Looking back up at her, I smile. It was a comforting smile. Not the one you would use if you where faking it. "Hello" it was kind of a whisper, so that I wouldn't frighten her. Although, I already saw her and she already saw me...I guess it wouldn't matter, but I keep using it anyway. "I'm Spice, and..." she was going to announce of the Dragons Throat, but that would come later. "I can help you..." I inch forward, my little vial of purple blood that hung from my neck swung back and forth as I reached out a helping muzzle. "It's okay..."

"Spice Blabbing"

Word Count:573 Tags:@[Cirrus]
    Credits
    Image: Link
    Name Font: cooltext.com
    Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    C
    I
    R
    R
    U
    S
    As the girl sat there, thoughts swirling, the weather swirled around her. A breeze ruffled her feathered appendages, it lifted the tresses that fell so haphazardly down her nape and tail, it chilled her on this otherwise warm BirdSong day. A sniffle vibrated her nostrils, as the tears continued to pool behind her tightly shut eyelids, often overflowing to drizzle down the contours of her tiara. How could she go on, within or outside of Helovia? Memories flooded her senses, as the death of her beloved Sitka replayed through ehr mind's eye once more. They were playing, and then, out of nowhere, a wild boar, its tusks huge and sharp, ambushed them. Cirrus had darted to skies as a reflex, expecting Sitka to be able to dodge enough so that she could pick him up - but no, he hadn't dodged. He had slumped over the tusk, a final gasp signalling his final breath, just as Cirrus' spear landed in the heart of the boar.

The tearing of her soul had been something she had physically felt, for she stared at the corpse of her bonded for hours, days, before moving on, unable to comprehend it. Still, it seems, she was unable to comprehend it on at least some level. Still, she expected to see his smile, to feel his warm flames as they danced along his back, to run with him by her side, to sing along to his mighty howl. But it wasn't meant to be. It was over, and with it, Cirrus had stopped living.

If you could forget, would you?

It was a tempting thought, and the girl couldn't stop it from tumbling through her head, alongside the images of the horrific death of her beloved. But how was such a thing possible? Would a God grant it to her? A huff left her at the thought; she had little to do with the Gods, of Helovia or elsewhere, and it would be foolish of her to think they would grant such a thing without a hefty payment.

Thoughts scattered, however, as her solace was broken by the arrival of another. Of course, the little cloud thought bitterly, stupid Threshold, full of poachers just wanting numbers for their herds. The girl raised her gaze then, ears snapping back to her skull as she motioned to snarl a nasty remark to whomever it was that neared her. But she was surprised when it was not an adult, but a mere child, standing there, hope and innocence blatent upon her expression, and her own expression changed to show this shock. Her ears lifted from their hiding spot amongst her tresses, her lips settled back upon her muzzle, her eyes widened for a moment before blinking away the tears that fell. She heard what the girl said and inwardly she scoffed; how could a mere child help her?

But the thought ashamed her; was she not a child once, too? And did she not hate it when she was treated with disdain and prejudice for her age? The little cloud allowed the girl to touch her with a velveteen muzzle, though she did nothing to return the gesture. A sigh left her own muzzle as she motioned to respond. "There's not much to be done, sadly." The cloud whispered, pulling her sharp, cerulean eyes away from the painted child before her. "And it'll never be okay again." It was barely vocalised, barely a hint of speech, as she stared towards the borders of Helovia, looking as if she hoped that by looking at them long enough she would work up the courage to actually cross them again - this time, for good. Forever, no turning back.

But the haunting words of Ophelia still rung in her head, the idea that she deserved happiness, and they anchored her where she was, unable to leave, and yet unable to stay where she was.

[ OOC :: @[Spice] - Thanks for the reply <3 Sorry about the wait :3 ]
    Image Credit
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
    Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
    Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
    Ampere the Mother of Companions

If her trepidation about the affair with Gaucho hadn't been enough to fill her with constant worry and self abuse, there was no longer any denying her grossly rounded sides and easily fatigued body. Her appetite had increased, but she was not so foolish as to think that alone led to her girth. She was hungrier because there was more than one mouth to feed (indeed even more than she realized).

She was pregnant.

The thought struck horror in her so cold she'd laid for a long time where she'd slept, fervently trying to pinch her eyes shut and sleep again, or forever. At the very least maybe she would wake up and it'd all be a dream, a terrible, awful dream, but still something that wasn't real. When the sun had continued to rise however, its warmth beading sweat along her coat, she knew there was no more denying it. Unable to fulfill her gladiator duties - even if she didn't care about the children inside of her it was still hazardous to her health and she was so bloated she'd be a mockery in the ring - she sought one of the few tasks she could still do to help her family. Hopefully if she did enough to help them, they could oversee her other transgressions and wouldn't disown her.

So it was Ampere found herself in the Threshold once more, trying her best not to think about the fact she'd met Bucephalus here, and recruited him - him and his dick.
    Not just his, she reminded herself cruelly, thoughts burning with the memory of Gaucho and her's 'spar'.

She snorted, furious, afraid, hormonal. Yet fate was no kind mistress, and it would not let Ampere simply push these thoughts away like she so well practiced with her others. When she broke through the clearing, who should be standing there?
    A fucking FOAL.

Initially Ampere recoiled, rump tucking, whale-inspired belly jiggling with her reverse movement. Her wings flared instinctively trying to protect and shield her from this outward threat of... what exactly? Motherhood. It was one of the worst possible careers, or mistakes really, that Ampere could think of. She'd almost rather have her wings taken from her than be forced to look after the sniveling, milk-stained, life suckers that were children.

She couldn't just leave though, because amid her inner crisis, Ampere recognized the filly from the Throat. Where exactly was her mother, letting her be out here alone, in one of the arguably more dangerous places of Helovia? Fuck, I'm already thinking like a mother, Ampere groaned internally. She wasn't about to adopt Spice, but she could at least stand beside her as a herd mate.

Waddling over to the duo, Ampere's gaze flicked to Cirrus, picking up on the signs of self pity and depression all too well, though she had no idea just how close to home Cirrus' issues lay. "Spice," she greeted first, remembering (by some luck), the filly's name from that meeting about the bridge. Then Ampere's voice slid out for Cirrus, trying to keep herself friendly and inviting, though internally she felt anything but as the war raged on inside her mind. Her name unfortunately she did not remember, but the face, especially the coat, she did. "We've met before..." Ampere began, trying to place the girl. She certainly looked capable in a fight, had they sparred? No Ampere thought quickly, she always remembered her opponents. She shook her head, giving up.

"You look as if you've been traveling, welcome back. I hope Birdsong has granted you warm winds and longer days, but if you need rest the Dragon's Throat is always willing to give the winged hospitality.". She nodded her head respectfully, not bothering to wonder why there mare had left or where she'd gone. We all had our reasons, our secrets, and we shared them if we felt ready to. Cirrus did not. "At the very least, we've got some stiff cactus juice that can warm you up and clear your head." Ampere offered a sympathetic smile, trying not to get distracted by the mares mesmerizing and beautiful coat.

[IDFK THIS POST]
    Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
    Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    C
    I
    R
    R
    U
    S
    The child remains silent, and the cloud is almost grateful for it.

Almost.

She wanted someone to shatter her world, to open it up, to shake her until she could recover from this mess. She needed something to happen that would challenge her, give her a purpose - or perhaps she just needed someone. The passivity of this child did nothing to quench the storm of negativity, self-pity and doubt brewing within the cloud, if anything it merely confirmed everything Cirrus had just said; it'll never be okay again.

Then something happened. Something shattered the silence, the melancholy, the complete and utter resignation to her path. Without her even willing it, her ears flicked towards this stranger - but she wasn't a complete stranger, was she? The blue and black mare triggered memories of her bonded, of laughing through this very location as she and others flocked around a new stallion. Cirrus could not even recall his name, nor this new mare's; all she could think of was that Sitka had been there and now he wasn't.

The girl swallowed hard, forcing the sob that had attempted to rise out of her throat down. Her attention is captured by this unnamed amazon princess, her thoughts so internalised she does not even notice the extra weight the mare carries, the impending pregnancy that is sure to come. The girl's eyes settle upon the feathers within Ampere's mane instead, but she does not hear the bell tolling recognition with her mind over the sound of the mare's offer. Though it was not an offer of a home, Cirrus knew the Throat; she had been born there, raised there, healed there.

And suddenly, the girl knew what she had to do.

"Yes," she says abruptly, raising her head and stepping forward. The day that was overcast and dreary suddenly became bright and comfortable, a cool breeze drifting through the area as the sun warmed their coats. The cloud's coat suddenly became a dazzling array of blue and sunshine, with clouds trickling along its edges.

"The Dragon's Throat," she nodded as she said so, enthusiastic about it now. "I will go there." Without forgetting the filly that had originally joined her, she turns and offers the girl a smile. "Thanks," she says, before looking to the now-noticeably plump mare. "I know the way," she adds with a wink, before turning and taking to the skies, the wind filling her broad wingspan, her trajectory decidedly southern as she feels something she had not dared feel in so very long.

Hope.

[ OOC :: @[Spice] @[Ampere] sorry for skipping Spice, just wanted to keep things moving along. Will post Cirrus to the Throat next >__> ]
    Image Credit

• I enjoy being tagged.

Spice Posts: 118
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
    Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

[Image: cheshire_cat_grin.jpg]

I don't like the way that unsettling feeling radiates off her like some sort of smoke. I really want to make her happy, but I still saw the way she surprised to see me. The way she was probably about to tell me to go away or something. I didn't really like the way she spoke either.

So negative.

And yet, why would I leave someone here where they where vulnerable to the world to come crashing down on them and leave them scarred? Although, this girl seems like that has already happened to her. Something of a weight on her shoulders held her thoughts down, pushing them to be negative and darker. "I'm sorry...I just want to help..." the sound of scuttling hoofbeats stop her from continuing to introducing the lady to the Throat.

It was that dark mare from the meeting. I didn't know her name -but she seemed to know mine- as she walked up beside me. Her bulk was odd, though I knew not to comment. Ugh, I hate to say it but: all those manner skills from Mother seemed to add up after a while.
    I look up and down the mare, dark blue on her wings and scattered all over her body. Beautiful feathers in her hair, I forget about the weight.
    The heavy recognition in her eyes burned like a blue flame, trying to pick out who the girl in front of her. I do the same, but I do not recognize any of her features. Obviously. Where the heck would I even know her from? I have not lived in Helovia, and if she is in he Threshold, shouldn't she be new to Helovia?

I guessed not...she had been familiar to the cerulean-stained mare. So, that must mean she left? Or maybe she was wandering the Threshold just as I.

I guessed the former.

She stepped out into the light, and the way the sun hit her made me let out a small gasp, emerald gaze widening. The sky was on her coat. I could just reach out and touch the clouds and the sky. That was on her. I had almost missed the smile and word of thanks, but how could I miss the one offer of kindness? I nodded back slowly. She was off. And I was too, running after her, I look back to the mare. Hoping she would come along just in case if the both of them got a little lost....

But how could they? Flying, you couldn't miss the beautiful Throat.

I liked how I could sense a little something more from the girl I had found crying alone. Something more powerful than the slumped form in the Threshold. Something positive, something good.

"Spice talks"
    Ugh I'm so sorry.

Word Count:000 Tags:@[Ampere] @[Cirrus]
    Credits
    Image: Link
    Name Font: cooltext.com
    Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ