the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus

It was his spars with Gaucho that made Bucephalus realize something he had only been vaguely blind to before. He was defenseless before those with magic, with power. There was only so much he could do to defend his herd with tooth and hoof. And defend them he desired. Gaucho's passion and love for the Throat was inspiring, fueling the growing protectiveness within the black. In an odd sort of way, he idolized the dun. He wished he could be such a symbol of power, of authority, a shield to defend his family from all the threats that bash against them, driving them away with all the fury of his body.

So he flew to the Isle in the sky in the late night, landing on the outer edges as far from the center of the Insula's activities as possible. From there, he walked on, passing place after place, none of the potential sites really capturing his attention nor feeling right to the black. White-dipped legs carried him across the isle, his gaze roaming until he found the perfect spot, and quickly he walked towards it.

The spot he chose was a cliff jutting out from the edge of the isle, rising towards the sky as if it had been a slope cut in half. He wasn't sure why he liked it, or why he thought it fitting... but it just felt right. The space was open, deserted, private. Slowly he began climbing up the slope. It would be easier to fly, but he didn't wish to. Something like what he planned to do would tolerate no shortcuts, no quick ways to finish. Finally he crested the top, standing on the edge of the cliff with the wind wrapping her silky fingers through his mane. He relaxed there for a moment, eyes closing as he took in the feeling before he bowed his head.

"I know not if you hear me or care that i am here, for i am of your herd but yet i do not honor you and only you as my God." He hesitated, raising his head to gaze at the growing sunrise. Normally he would be in the Throat, performing his daily ritual honoring the Wind and now the Sun and praying for safety of that day. "But since i have joined your herd in the desert, since i have welcomed it into my heart as my home, i have prayed to you daily."

He was silent for a moment, watching the sun as it peeked over the horizon. "Now i ask for your aid, pray for your help. I feel...defenseless, unable to fully protect your herd against the growing threats." It made him anxious, the uneasy truce with the Basin that seemed to be growing thin, the murders that have targeted members of the Throat... Bucephalus remained quiet, watching the sunrise with growing unease. The Throat was full of warriors that could defend it, but he felt as if he needed to help them, protect them so that they wouldn't have to fight. So that families would not be broken. So that friends would not be lost.

The Morningstar moved, neck bowing to the rising sun and wings unfurling, stretching up to their full extent, completely vertical. Holding the position made his shoulder muscles burn in protest, but he would not drop the stance until the sun rose fully. Daily he did this, and on this day he would do it too, praying for his God to speak with him.

(OOC: Using my VOTG pass to have Bucephalus quest for his LightXWind magic from the Sun God :D

LightXWind [Active]: Can create an aura of light that explodes like a sonic blast
[Restrictions: Opponent can evade due to growing glow; 2 uses in battle] ))

The Morningstar
Art done by Euphoriaxo
Coding by Tamme<3
Force and minor powerplay is allowed
Please tag me in all posts

Pixel by Aud

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God knew of Bucephalus, having heard his name many times in Gaucho's idle prayers. Knew that he had risen to crafter swiftly and then Chancellor, a position that the dun seemed to open just for him. But why? The God was unsure. Thus far Bucephalus cloaked himself in the garb of many. He spoke volumes, always with a different face, and was now to be a Father ... It didn't interest the God, although he did wonder what it was that composed the core of the Morningstar. More lingered there than he let on, of that the God was sure.

Flaring brightly before the black, the God appeared. The air wavered as his golden body materialized out of the morning rays of the sun. Golden flames licked and dripped on his lithe frame as he hovered effortlessly, body silhouetted and illuminated by the glowing sun behind him.

"Bucephalus." He greeted, his voice neutral. Golden eyes bore into the black with an unwavering masculinity, glinting of power and light. "You seek power." He noted, reading the hunger for strength easily from Buce's mind. "Why? The Throat wasn't even known to you more than a season ago. Why do you care so strongly about it now? Is it truly protection that drives you? Or is it the power itself?" The God cared little about the answer, but mere curiosity was strong enough to give him pause. He knew the primitive mind of Gaucho, knew the sharp politician Sohalia was, knew the gentle mind of Africa. But Bucephalus' mind was ... yet known to him. He could peer into his thoughts, and indeed he might, but first he would give the black a chance to answer for his own self.

The magic would be

:: [Magic: lightxwind | Can create an aura of light that explodes outwards like a sonic blast]
:: [Restrictions | Explodes outwards to a maximum diameter of 10m (so 5m in all directions outwards from Buce's body]

CREDITS

Bucephalus

It was flash of light that made Bucephalus raise his head to gaze upon the living embodiment of the sun itself. The Sun King of Sehrau had been a rough, bestial brute, twisted and harsh. This Sun God was polar opposite. Bucephalus rather liked it, though he had seen the Sun God before, it was still awe-inspiring to witness the god in the flesh right before him. Respectfully he bowed his head, ears flicking forward as his name fell from the God's lips. He lifted his gaze, meeting the deity's with both curiousity and respect, gold on gold albeit one burned much brighter.

He waited for the Sun God to finish before he spoke. "I will not lie... the power, power itself, draws me like a moth to flame." His flaw, one of many truly. He craved power, the ability to cause waves and to mean something, to alter the history of a world and be remembered. It was born of both selfish desire and a child's dream. "But protection as well drives me. You ask why i care so much suddenly for the Throat, and the answer is...not simple. I'm not entirely sure myself."

He returned his gaze to the Sun, meeting his gaze. "I am not a good man, i have done many wrong things in my short life, many cruel things. I have torn families apart and left widows in my wake." The words burned like acid in his throat, and his ears flattened against his wind-gnarled mane. "But the Throat has given me a chance to be someone new, to not be the one i was before, and still am now a bit." His thoughts flickered back to Morrigan, and the cruel words he spoke. He knew he hurt her, and later regretted it... but he still spoke knowing what his words would lead to.

"I want power, yes. But i also want to protect my future. The Throat's future. Atone for what i have done by protecting and helping to guide my new home." His resolve solidified, the black faced his God, sure in his ways. He would never deny it if asked; he was ambitious, and enjoyed power. But as skewed as his moral compass could be at times... he did want to protect the Throat and it's members. Protect those that had given him a second chance, a chance to change and seek redemption. At his core, when the masks all fell away, the Morningstar was a creature of emotion, of passion. He had no qualms about doing what must be done nor in what ways, be they sadistic or honorable. He would regret later, be haunted by what he had done, but never would he go back to change it.

The Dragon's Throat had tied him to them almost without his knowledge, and if all the herds marched against his desert home he would be on the front lines, screaming in challenge and delight. The magic he sought would not only help quench his own powerlust, but give him an edge, a weapon in defending his new home, his new life.

(OOC: Quick question, the 'sonic blast' would be a pulse of physical force, correct? Sorry if my phrasing was off, that's what i was intending xD)

The Morningstar
Art done by Euphoriaxo
Coding by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

It was best that the Morningstar did not lie. The God would have known it instantly and things would have had a less than happy ending for the gold-tinged creature. While the God appreciated his honesty, he was in no way surprised by the answer. Power. It all came down to that. But what did they know of true power? They who so often confused magic with strength. It was all in the mind and heart of the wielder, whether or not magic would bring them power. The magic this creature desired would only bring destruction and pain, unless of course he was planning on terraforming the landscape.

"Moths get confused. They are drawn to the light because they mistake it for the moon - they lose their way and become hopelessly lost, dying all the while they follow that which is silently and slowly killing them." He grinned, unable to think of anything by his sister. He found the metaphor fitting. But was Buce lost? Time would tell.

Atone for what he had done. The God found the words ... flat. Was that really was drove the stallion? Perhaps to an extent, but his original answer of power seemed much more plausible to the fiery deity. But it didn't matter. Like the moth, the MorningStar would either find his bearings or he wouldn't. It didn't matter.

"If this magic is what you seek then you shall have to bring me the essence of the wind, so that I might bind my light to it. But be wary the wind will not want to be caught. You will have to be very creative. Here -" The God offers Bucephalus an amulet of his own making. "Perhaps this will serve your purpose."

Bucephalus must capture the essence of the wind! To do this he can either: Have a container made that can hold the wind, and go to the Heavenly Fields. OR he can try and harness pure wind magic using the amulet. Be wary though. When you try, tag the RE account to see if you're successful.

The magic would be

:: [Magic: lightxwind | Can create an aura of light that explodes outwards like a shockwave]
:: [Restrictions | Explodes outwards to a maximum radius of 5m from Buce's body]

CREDITS

Bucephalus

The god's metaphor with moths has Buce's lips twitching, and he fights to keep from smiling. And fails. But he remains silent, listening. He did not believe himself lost, he had a plan in mind, in motion. But...maybe to the god he is lost. A moth chasing a flame, mistaking it for a dream and burning in the agony of his mistake and fantasy. It's a sobering thought, and he ponders it, mulling the theory over.

But he never removes his focus entirely from the Sun God. So when the flaming deity tells him precisely what he must do to obtain the power he sought... He wanted to laugh. "I have been chasing the wind since i could first fly into her embrace." He said, grinning now. His grin was born of amusement, of the irony of the situation. To chase the wind... it was something fit for a song. Had he been a mare he would be composing the verses right off the bat. As it was...he'd settle for music.

The Sun god hands him an amulet, and he takes it and carefully tucks it in one of his pouches. "Thank you. For everything really." He said as he straightened. "Since when has the fickle wind ever wanted to be captured? Is it not her nature?" He hummed, then dipped his head once more. "Pardons, i doubt you wish to be pestered longer. I will return with the wind." He apologized, mind rolling over prospects. Now he could have fun doing this and chase the wind like a hero of old... or capture wind magic in the amulet.

Was there really a doubt which one he'd choose?

The Morningstar
Art done by Euphoriaxo
Coding by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud