the Rift

[PRIVATE] where the angels don't fly

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt
Told you I'd let them go.

Nothing ever came to call her out. It was more of getting up and deciding that one day you could disappear for extended periods of time regardless of your rank and part of the herd, and get to know the true definition of being alone. Alija's birth had been well, if she could say it that way. The foal was another addition to the herd and came with smiling faces. Was that how herds welcomed their young? Surrounding the mother and child so that there is no sacred space created between them from the very day that their souls are entertwined by a newborn's first breath and meal? They left her baffled and disturbed. Adrixaura had brought her into the world alone in the cold. When she took her first steps, there was only the Appaloosa mare to help her stand and guide her to life. It sickened her to see so many come and destroy the frail bond that was supposed to be made between mother and child at birth.
Maybe that was the reason that she had left so abruptly, but it was too soon after leaving to think out that case. It felt like she had only left shortly after the birth occurred. The hours that had been spent ticking away through her numberous naps made the traveling longer than meant to be, yet in the end, the destination was reached without death or attack.
The Steppe was an unspoken place of hiding and every emotion that lacked joy and warm feelings. Silence lurked like a bad odor through the abyss, occasionally broken by the wails of winds who'd grown in strength by charging across the hills.
Rolling on her back and twisting brought forth the occasional pleased groan. Finding a place that wasn't still coated with snow had been almost enough to be defined a challenge: leaving an orange mark courtesy of sand was not a new form of abstract art that she was willing to take part in.
Dawn had begun to creep over the distant peaks to the east by the time that she regain her footing, shaking to expel orange sparks and the loose portions of dirt that she had added into her coat.

OOC: Gah. I bullshitted my way through this post so we could go ahead and get this going. Promise the rest will be so much better.
@[Miykael]

"Give me love like never before"

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

M
I
Y
K
A
E
L
H
e wandered often, finding it difficult to stay in one place when his love had been so blatantly rejected. He could hardly look at her without feeling like his heart was going to shatter all over again and he had only just picked up all the pieces (or most of them, at least). So he keeps moving, keeps avoiding. Life is simpler and gentler when you don't stick around for the pain. Unfortunately, though, the pain catches up eventually and when it does, it hurts that much more. Today, he knew, would be no different than any other day. Miykael awoke next to Aly, as he always did. The two slept near each other every night - perhaps it was for the general comfort or perhaps it was because of her nightmares; either way, the two were joined at the hip as soon as the moon rises. Looking upon the green eyed pegasus made his heart pound, stutter, and ache. It wasn't fair. It never would be fair but he cannot demolish the love he holds in his heart.

Eliana stirs on his shoulders, cooing softly to her companion before shifting to preening his thick and tangled mane. After a few tender moments, she pauses. When Miykael turns his head to look at her, her silver eyes lock onto his. 'Go out?' her voice soft, sweet, and smooth sounds in his mind. Though the sound of it startles him, it is exactly the voice he imagined her to have - gentle and feminine with a capacity for firmness should the need arise (and with Miykael as her bonded, the need would surely arise!) The dunskin pegasus merely watches her in silence for a moment, admiring the growing zephyr. Eliana tilts her head, prompting a response from her bonded. Chuckling softly at her, he nods. They would go out today and Ellie could choose the destination.

Chirping her excitement, Ellie leaps into the still dark sky and circles Miykael once before taking off towards a clearing and heading north. The stallion charges after the silver speckled bird and once in the clearing, he flaps his wings and ascends into the sky. The two fly north again. They seem to have a penchant for going north lately. Perhaps Ellie is hoping they'll stumble across that mare again - the one Mikey almost got frisky with or perhaps she simply adores the northern lights. This early in the morning, though, the bird was bound to be disappointed. That thought didn't seem to be enough to stop her and just as the sun begins to rise and chase away the night, the two glide down, landing smoothly on the barren lands of the Frostbreath Steppe.

No.. ah-lone.' Ellie's voice whispers in his mind. 'There.' she adds, gesturing towards the horse alone in the distance. Curiosity gets the best of him, as it usually does. The small bird had settled herself onto a low branch but the moment he begins to move towards the stranger she flies to him and quickly but gently lands upon his back. Miykael folds his wings loosely at his sides and steps lightly, his long limbs carrying him quickly - though without haste - to the stranger. "Hello there!" he calls out once he is within earshot. He continues towards her until he is a comfortable distance away. "Mind if I join you?" he asks, blue eyes searching her - as it is clear now that she is, in fact, a female and a unicorn - for any signs of friendliness or hostility.

@[Sikeax]
image by mwschaff at flickr; coding by Sevin
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Being alone was a treat that was usually eaten with haste and gone before she had the chance to savour it all to herself. The word 'alone' might as well not exist. As a child, being alone was stressful, the constant need for attention and affection forcing her to leave her safe places to seek out new victims. They never meant much if they meant anything.
The new ghost of the Steppe is an angel like the ones back home that she can't seem to fit into correctly. His voice is dark, rumbling and roaring towards her. Acceptance can't be granted to him before he reaches her. She's still caught up in the wake of his sound.
A quick look over is issued by the movement matching blue eyes that makes her crawl in her own skin. Under the cloak of her horn, she might be expected of the Basin. Whoever the male was, he wasn't a part of the Dragon's Throat or she would of come to know him at some point. They probably would of known each other, but like everyone in the flatten, high altitudes, you never really know that stranger talking to you.
"I don't mind." The short reply is nothing of a task, quietly spoken with a low voice that ignores the inner presence of relaxation that he's given her by not immediately invading her privacy for a single word. A name was private, and she saw it fit to only be discarded with those that may need it later on. Nomads of the Threshold she'd attempted to recruit and the members of the desert herd, and maybe those who have won it out of respect and skill with the tongue.
Pale orbitals pass over him with a respectful manner, admiring the colours that paint him and the dark masses of hair. He is tall but doesn't tower over her awkwardly built and currently fat shape. The white wings catch her eye. Oh, what'd she'd do to own a pair of wings like the ones he has been blessed with, to touch the sky as many others have done while she watches in envy.
"What has brought you this far north? One could think that any Pegasus would be scared to venture here when the Basin believes this belongs to them." A snort bursts from her nostrils at the mention of the Basin. Their actions were insult upon her species and the reprecuisons stained all that dare bare a horn. At least she cared for the others around her unlike they did.
"Would you like to walk together?"
Steam rolls forth from her warm body into the cool air and fades as the Sun swallows more of the night and what beauty of Birdsong that still made it through the fire.

If you could hear then, can you hear me now?

@[Miykael]

S I K E A X
you have a million and one stars to wish upon
i-mi @ deviantart

you were angels,

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

A lover not a fighter on the frontline with a poem
trying to write yourself a rifle, maybe sharpen up a song
to fight the tanks and drones of you being alone

Before that fateful day in Nocturne several years ago, he had spent much of his time alone; patrolling and wandering. Digging even deeper into his past, back to his birth and the two years that followed before his death, he had spent much of his time either alone or with a few select individuals - namely, his mother and father. Once his father disappeared, Marlena and his uncle, Warmonger, were his steadfast companions. The dangers of the north never even crossed his mind. Perhaps because he has traveled here on occasion without running into any amount of trouble or perhaps it is because he simply does not value his own life and as such holds little fear about losing it. He is mortal now, however, and would do well to remember that little fact. The presence of a horn upon her head might have frightened other souls or made them more cautious; less likely to approach. Miykael approaches her without concern, his blue eyes sparkling with the excitement of having some company.

'I don't mind.' she responds, her voice quiet. "I'm glad." he remarks gently, his voice warm and welcoming. A comfortable silence envelops them then, and he is simply glad for the company. There wasn't any awkwardness, no uncomfortable shuffling. Just peaceful coexistence. To him, she felt like an old friend. They didn't need words, just companionship. He makes no move to bridge any gap between them, it would be an unnecessary move and possibly a disastrous one. 'What has brought you this far north? One could think that any Pegasus would be scared to venture here when the Basin believes this belongs to them.' she asks, breaking the easy silence, her voice gentle despite the sharp snort surrounding her mention of the Basin. Had he cared or been afraid, that single snort would have set him at ease. Her dislike of the Basin has been made fairly clear by that action. "It's an escape for me." he admits, an almost melancholy smile seeping onto his face briefly. With a gentle sigh and quick gesture towards the small mostly black zephyr upon his back, he continues. "And she loves watching the northern lights." The zephyr chirps her agreement, her silver eyes peer over Miykael's shoulder at the horned mare - driven by simple curiosity.

Her next question makes him smile in earnest. With a nod, he responds. "Of course." He dips his head to her, a gesture that in no uncertain terms says 'after you' and once she begins, he readily follows suit. Eliana takes off, flying ahead just a bit before circling back and soaring gently along with them. Miykael walks easily beside the mare, taking comfort in her calm presence. "You aren't from the Basin." he mused, pausing briefly - she had made that clear, or at least he felt she had. "And you aren't from World's Edge or I might have met you by now." another pause, his mind mulling over the remaining possibilities. Blue eyes glance respectfully over her face and body, seeking to grasp any information he possibly could. Her plumpness did not escape notice, though he thought little of it - simply pushing any ideas of pregnancy and foals to the back of his mind. He loves foals, true, but he's only just met her and she certainly hasn't indicated any sort of outright regard for him. "So where are you from? If you don't mind me asking, of course." he asks, his deep voice calm and gentle as they walked side by side across the frostbreath steppe.

tags: @[Sikeax]

Miykael
At war with love

credits :: royal genesis, sippanont samchai, coding by rottie
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Somehow, this angelic stranger strikes himself a gold mine within the champagne. She offers him a smile, genuine for once, and settles into step beside him. The common things set on the table are something she can use for conversation without discomfort, and the short, simple responses he gives allows her to feel better about the lack of words she gives. Words weren't her thing when it came to expelling them, but putting them in small bouts was an easy task.
"Ah, then we're here for the same purposes. I was raised here and the northern lights have always been a comfort. Too bad we missed them." The dawn was blindly searching for the hand of day, looking for an embrace that would soothe the chaos and panic of change. In the process of it's terror, it takes the time to add emphasis to her statement: the lights were gone and wouldn't returning for some time, but there was time to be spent while it wasn't in great demand.
Her eyes rest on the bird for some time, admiring the beauty of the avian. Silas crosses her mind before fading into sunlight. Wherever Africa and her companion had disappeared to, they would surely reappear at some point along her days.
He, in the end, finally gives her something really worth conversing over. They walked in her childhood days while questions were brought forth as of the family that grew and shrunk with time instead of dying away like flowers in the winter. There were at least some that she was sure wouldn't die in the near future, but then again, that's how she'd come to feel about her birth band. She shakes her head to answer his question.
"I'm from the Dragon's Throat, where I'm the Sun Physican. I'm guessing you're from the World's Edge?" He had said that he was from the Edge, right? The visit that she'd been given in the past was all but blurred, and she'd only met Resplendence while there. It was such a different place from her own residence. Humidity baked them inside of an oven of foliage and it had been uncomfortable and hot. Whatever he had seen in living there must of been what she saw in the arid landscape of the desert.
"What is that you do there, or have you not taken up a task?" She was curious, tempted by the belief that the cat wouldn't be killed today by any chance. The dumping of an unicorn corpse outside of the Basin was a sin that all of Helovia was aware of the price.

If you could hear then, can you hear me now?

@[Miykael]

S I K E A X
you've got a million and one stars to wish upon
i-mi @ deviantart

you were angels,