the Rift

[OPEN] Let's Not Kill The Karma

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Recently I had decided to throw myself into my roles of the Dragon's Throat, trying to replace my sense of self worth and dedicate my life for the better of the herd. Perhaps maintaining all of my focus onto the herd's needs, I could better forget about the personal battles I found myself fighting on an otherwise regular basis. From healing lessons, to helping Gaucho, recruiting new members...I was going to volunteer to do it all, I didn't care if I would run myself ragged. I would run and run until I hit a wall, then leap over and keep running until my body would give out on me. I would do it all, anything and everything, to distract my mind. It was for this purpose that I was currently headed towards one of my first tasks for the Throat, patrolling the lands with...Oh crap, what was her name...

I could picture the mare perfectly in my mind, she wasn't exactly a forgettable figure. The large purple draft mare with flashy yellow hair, a coloring that made me wonder what her parents must have looked like. I had met her once with teaching session with Sikaex, so I knew that she was a fellow healer, but I knew that I had been assigned to patrol with the ma-ALIJA! That was her name. Hopefully she would be able to meet up soon, with her help we could do more than just patrol. In these different lands, we could collect herbs that were not native to the desert. While there were a number of herbs that Sikeax was teaching us about, I was not very familiar with them at all. Having never lived in a desert environment in my past, it was quite a bit different trying to find the plants that I could recognize.

However, as I wandered through the tall fir trees filled with thick vegetation, a broad smile spread across my lips. This, right here, this was what I was used to from my past. My head ducked low in search of familiar plants, scarlet orbs sparkling with delight as they landed on the sight of drooping, red-purple flowers. Bleeding Heart. They were growing plentiful in the partial shade of these woods, and carefully nosed some of the dirt away from the base of the plant. I wanted to be sure to collect the root of the plants as well as the flowers and leaves. They were great for pain relief as well as calming nerves. As low to the earth as I possible could be, I gently wrapped my lips around the flowers and slowly pulled. With a little bit of adjusting, I was able to remove the flowers with their roots still intact. With the plants still between my lips, I moved my head to the side to my mane, carefully weaving the flowers into the braids so as not to lose them.

Satisfied with my find, I kept on my way through the lands, coming to a beautiful brook beside a strange structure. Never before had I seen such a structure, it certainly wasn't natural. Staring in awe, my lips parted slightly as I looked up slack-jawed to the multicolored roof. What was this place?

OOC: @[Alija] - Patrolling for Dragon's Throat. Morri is also collecting herbs and found Bleeding Heart. Time set after the teaching session with Sikeax.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95

Purple and pink sides where swollen with baby weight. Getting pretty close to popping the girl knew she shouldn't be this far from home, but this place seemed like a great place for her to gather the herb she needed. Being this time of year, who knew how many of her herd mates would need this particular herb. A small smile spread over her face as she neared the rotunda. Drawing in the warm earthy scents around her the girl turned steel blue eyes around curiously searching for any sign of the plant she needed. Instead of the pretty tiny white flowered plant she as looking for eyes fell upon the pretty monochromatic mare. A friendly whinny parted soft badger marked lips. The antlered girl did not want to startle Morrigan by sneaking up on her.

Alija was slowly wearing out, she need a good drink, maybe that would refresh her. Walking awkwardly she waddled up to the mare. She noticed that she held Bleeding heart plants in her mouth, before speaking warmly, "You can put that in my bag if you don't want to carry it. How are you today?" Steel blue eyes flashed happily as she gazed at the slightly taller, and much less fat sand sister. "You haven't come across any Angelica have you? I'm going to need some of it after this bundle of pain shows it's self." She tossed her head jokingly to her swollen sides laughing brightly. "It also works really well for stomach cramps and several other things, never a bad thing to have around."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lyrics" 'Ponderings'
Words: 262
OOC: I'm SO sorry this took so long and it is so short! It'll get better I promise! ^.^;

[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca

Auds flicked back to the sound of a friendly whinny, nearly taken by surprise by the sudden arrival of another. Looking over my shoulder at the approaching purple mare, my gaze instinctively dropped to her incredibly swollen barrel. Since when was she pregnant? Embarrassed by my own rudeness, I snapped my head back up to meet her gaze, smiling awkwardly as I chuckled at her comment about needing Angelica. With a soft shake of my head, I answered her questions. "Thank you for the offer, but I am fine with using my mane." I looked around us to inspect the vegetation, trying to find the plant that she was looking for before realizing that I didn't have a clue what it was that I was in search of.

"I uh, have never used Angelica before...What does it look like?" When I looked back to her, I couldn't help but glance to her stomach once again. Wasn't it dangerous for a mare to wander so far from the homelands when she was this far along? Truthfully, I didn't have a clue. Having never been a mother myself, as well as never really having any interest in foals to begin with, for all I knew she had months to go. But if that was the case...The may the Gods bless her, because she looked like she was about to pop. Realizing I was staring, I cleared my throat and I felt my cheeks warm with a blush. "Excuse my manners, I never even knew you were pregnant..."

Random thoughts began to cross my mind as I tried to picture any times that I had seen her with a mate within the herd, or any talk of her planning for a child. No such memories came, and I was mildly interested in learning who the father was. More ponderings arose that were none of my business, and yet I questioned them anyway. Who was the father? What did the father look like? What would the baby look like? Would they be as colorful as she was? If it wasn't with a mate, why bother having a child? All of the questions were rude and intrusive, so I bit my tongue to hold them back.

[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.