the Rift

[OPEN] Hope You Guess My Name

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas

Just call me Lucifer

Damn did it feel good to get out of the Threshold. I wasn’t quite sure where I was headed but I was headed somewhere. With the plains wide open and begging for the onslaught of hoof to soil, I opened stride to embrace their desires. It was a full, enthusiastic run that sent me from the ugly claiming grounds to the meadows. Surely there was something to be seen there, felt there that I’d remember. After all, I was a man of experience and kinetic learning. I had to feel the grass beneath my hooves, the soil and the rocks and the glorious life brimming underfoot.

Around me, color bloomed in the midst of spring. Wasn’t it that April showers brought May flowers? Whatever it was, I was glad to be gallivanting through tall grass and flower stalks alike. They were but small adversaries to my heels of war.

My muscles burned and my breath came in short, hungry spurts but I was fucking alive. Let me tell it, it was amazing to do just as I pleased. This place had lived up to all my expectations (at least thus far). It was beautiful, big, and absolutely legendary. Had I known of such wonders in months prior I would have taken heed and struck out for Helovia -the land of the dreamers-a long time ago.

I’d met a few new faces here, some strange and some plain. But I’d relished every minute of it and cherished their offers of assistance and womanly guidance.

Had I been surprised to be greeted by three mares? Maybe. But in retrospect, not so much. I had a certain charm, or perhaps it was appearance alone that drew them in. I couldn’t imagine anyone being all too delighted in my company.

I was quite the “animal” as it were…

When I’d trucked through most of the meadow, head low examining this or that, I paused to deliberate a plan of action. I hadn’t wanted to tie myself to herd life nor to anything in particular… but what did one do as an… what had they called it? An outcast? I couldn’t be sure… but I could tell that things were going to get dull, quick.

image credits

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She walked out of the Edge. She didn't want to walk out of the Edge. In fact she didn't even want to leave the Edge. But, she knew she had to if she wanted these herbs. And she needed these herbs. She needed the Peppermint for stress. She needed the Catnip for anxiety and she needed the Blessed Thistle for depression. She needed these herbs.

So she moved forward, Valiance to the skies above and pointing out the herbs as she went. Eyes searched for the red-green leaves and the yellow flowers of the Blessed Thistle. And, when they finally found it Valiance dipped down to the patch and began to uproot them from their place before he deposited them into Kahlua's glass basket. Res carefully moved forward, having put the glass basket down only a few feet away from her.

Meanwhile, she was searching for the peppermint, her eyes scanning across for smooth, toothed green leaves with their lilac flowers. Her golden eyes scanning, searching, her limbs flying. Her mind pleading. She needed to relieve her stress. She needed to feel better. She needed to be better. If she wanted to ever be able to do anything for her family again then she needed these herbs and she needed to be better.

She just wished that she could always be better. She just wished that she would not be seen as weak and useless. She wished that they wouldn't look at her like she was useless again. Though, one would suppose that not noticing the stag in the same area as her would be considered useless. And, of course, she didn't notice him.

"Not useless. Perfect." Valiance insisted as she scoffed. If only others actually thought that.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The young belle wandered, as she had seemingly for most of her short life now - though she had only recently recovered from illness and malnutrition, the call of the wilds kept summoning her, though she never ventured so far away that she was more than a half-days flight from the Dragon's Throat. The dragon-belle had spent the time needed to get better, she had rested and drank her fill of the Oasis, eaten her own weight in fodder and even feasted upon a desert hare here and there - it was not something she advertised or shared with many, but the girl was half dragon, after all. So when she landed in the Meadow, it was not with the graceless, awkward falling a golden leaf might do when it parts from its autumn tree, but rather she was delicate and soft, well practised and smooth, her slender form touching the ground with barely a wump of air passing through the grasses. It was enough, of course, to stir up the local rodents and critters - Amaris watched them scurry with a small, wry smile. Not today, she murmured to herself and her companions, little blue and green balls of dragon-shaped lights dancing about her. She feasted upon the flesh of others only very rarely - recovering from the illness she had was a special circumstance, one she hoped she would never have to experience again.

It had left its mark on her still - though she held draft blood, she appeared far more slender then before, malnutrition having caused her body to feast upon its own muscle to fuel her survival. The youthful girl was still but a growing child too, but now the incompleteness of her growth simply seemed all the more obvious. Still, she felt more alive than she had in weeks, months, and so she was going to use this day to explore. Golden eyes and scales gleamed with a life that had been dulled out so recently, with a laugh to her draconic friends she bounded forthwith, swishing her scythed tail so that every now and then it would take the tops off some of the taller grasses. Her crème pelt gleamed beneath the Sun's vibrant rays, fully shed of its wintry down, she cupped the air and took healthy bounds across the Meadow, relishing the life bestowed upon her once more.

A mental spark alerted her to another's presence, though the girl did not stop her movements, rather, she allowed her little blue friend to inform her of the unicorn stallion's existence, though he couldn't quite describe just what the steed looked like. Stars falling, he kept saying to her, prodding her mind until the belle finally turned dramatically to view what it was that had captured the dragon spirit's attention so. A smile adorned her façade, kind and soft though it was, her sides puffed with the effort of her exulting exercise, and she appreciated this "star-fallen" steed for herself. He indeed appeared as if stars had spilled over from their midnight canvas and trickled across his belly and legs, his own crown seemed to have rivers of cosmos running down its length. Still several strides away from him, Amaris let loose a gentle song, one that could not be defined entirely equine nor draconic, but defiantly unique and wholly Amaris in tone. She wondered whether she would receive a response, but knew not to hold such reactions against others - she could do nothing about them, but keep on living, anyway.

And another appeared, on the fringe of the land, her attention devoted to another task. But what attracted Amaris' - or more accurately, Amaris' companions' - attention was the presence of a dragon. Swiftly the spirits called out to what they considered kin, indeed, one of them was a glowing red lantern of life. A laugh escaped the muzzle of the girl, as the scent of the salty pineforest that was her birthlands emanated from the direction of the other belle, Amaris sent out another call, this one a bit softer and gentler in tone. Did she know this equine soul? Was she a survivor from the same attack that had taken her mother and uncles into darkness? Or was she a newcomer, who knew not that the daughter of the DragonHeart walked mere yards away from her?

Time would reveal all, she suspected quietly.

@[Atlas] @[Resplendence]
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Linds
Atlas

Just Call me Lucifer

I used to hope I’d die a hero. I guess age has a way of manipulating one’s dreams and making them wholly sundry, of making them jump from one ship to the next. It’s true, I’d adopted some pretty eccentric tastes over the years, but I liked to believe that somewhere deep, deep down I was still the innocent colt my mother had taken the time to raise. I didn’t ponder my childhood much, but sometimes it was necessary- you know to castrate any demons looking to get a little action from behind. Last thing any man needed was to wake up wondering where the hell he’d been the night before. I liked to be prepared, to be able to run before the sun stirred any wild desires discovered between the sheets after a drunken affair.

I’d given up becoming a hero because I loathed the idea of dirtying the only coat I owned, but then again I didn’t spend a lot of time with any one individual. I had no reason to anger fellow stallions and certainly had no business getting attached to some foolheaded mare. Becoming a nomad was something I’d decided of my own volition and it kept me company at night. That’s all I could ever want out of life.

Right?

The day had only begun but I was growing quite restless after waiting an eternity for something to strike my fancy (in reality it may have been about ten minutes, but honestly, whose counting?). I thrived on a great many things that ranged from physical encounters to interesting conversations right down to the occasional consort (don’t get ahead of yourself, I’m talking strictly platonic… berry picking and shit- or whatever you ladies spend your time doing). Without entertainment I was known to grow quite fussy as ignorant as it sounds.

After so much time spent in my own head, I’d nearly missed the bending of spring vegetation underfoot. It was such a soft sound that if I’d been fat on herd life and too comfortable in my own skin I would have missed it. But I’d arrived a wild man and decided to stay that way. The life of a vagabond bachelor proved beneficial once again!

It wasn’t long until a pale looking mare wandered into sight. It was evident that she had missed the memo though, as she embodied everything I’d strived to avoid. She was lovely though. If I were a weaker man, I would have though her to be passably “pink” or “cute as a button”… but I’d be damned if I was ever consumed by such lunacy. Besides, I’d been far more entranced by the flutter of Red just overhead. Upon lifting dual-colored eyes to the wide, blue face of our mysterious atmosphere, I gaped.

Now what the fuck was that?!

Surely to God it was not a dragon. Surely it was some oversized bird. Honestly, I had to question my own sanity at that point. I’d come to Helovia, met some queer looking glass-mare and now I was imaging dragons? May Hell carry me down to her merry bosom and swallow me whole- I was going mad.

Without hesitation I called out for the mare (she was yet too far for me to analyze clearly or I would have seen her missing ear, but I’m not that judgmental), “Hello! What are you doing there?!” I huffed excitedly. I wanted her to call that dragon from above and just let me… look at it. If I was going mad as a hatter, the least I could do was revel in my own insanity.

Just when I was about to approach her (more than likely against her wishes), I was struck by a strangely feminine hymn upon the wind’s soft folds. It was not yet defined as female but… something seemingly otherworldly. I was momentarily gridlocked between seeking out the rose-colored gal and turning to acknowledge the creature capable of such… whimsical song.

Well hell, I only lived once.

Turning on a whim, I was… shocked by the creature just beyond. I can’t say that the term “shocked” really covered the sight I beheld but I was certainly something. I’d died and gone to draconic heaven.

This new -was she a mare?- creature was a thing of beauty -exotic beauty- but beauty nonetheless. I did wonder how my rosy girl faired in lieu of the dragon horse, but I had yet the attention span to check. No, I was mesmerized by the ghostly image of one very mythical and very blue dragon spirit. When my eyes were content with the first they navigated to a series of unearthly spirits, growing wider and wider with the onslaught of blasphemy.

It took me a moment to decide how to handle such a sensitive situation, after all, I was quite out of my element now. If this was to be my fate upon my second night in Helovia… I did have to question what would become of me in future circumstances. What mysteries lurked behind shadow and magic awaiting mine eye?

God this mental catastrophe was really kicking my ass. As if witnessing dragons, dragon spirits, and a dragon mare weren’t enough- I’d started quoting to Shakespeare. “Well hello…” I breathed.

image credits

@[Resplendence] @[Amaris]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Resplendence

There was a voice, a call to her asking what exactly it was she was doing did little to deter her from her position. But, it was Valiance who stopped what he was doing after depositing the herbs and swooped over toward the creature with stars all over his body. He swarmed the stag's face for a moment, giving him a puff of smoke in warning before immediately veering back toward Resplendence who simply said, "I'm picking herbs," between a few mouthfuls of them and depositing them in the baskets. She needed to stay focused, she needed to not get distracted, get scared, or anything else.

It was a song which caught her attention, pulled at heartstrings and made her pay attention. A different song, one that both reminded her of times past and of Valiance at night when she couldn't sleep. It was merging two different worlds that she wasn't sure could ever actually be merged. The Edge had been broken, shattered, left to be filled by different hearts cast out by a change in land and those who had originally fled from the Foothills seemed to have all but disappeared. Her family was not the same and she knew it. But this song. This song was what it had felt like when she had still had Mirage, when she had still had all of those from her old home.

Res stopped. She had to stop because the memories were so strong she needed to figure out why they were there. She spins in place, turning towards the sound as Valiance gets a call of his own. Even he was at peace with this strange call, this mix of memories, pleasure and pain, that his bonded was feeling. He spins out, trying to intermingle with the dragon spirits that were around this half-dragon half horse (which Valiance definitely realized far before Res even had a chance to take them in). And, it was only when another call, soft and gentle (much like Res herself) lifted into the air that she began to move forward. Her eyes searched for the source only to end up landing upon two different creatures.

Alas, it was when she finally took in this mare that she needed the peppermint that she had been pulling from the ground. This wasn't possible. At least, it wasn't supposed to be possible. Res vaguely recalled a humongous one so similar to this one as part of the Edge herd but she couldn't recall exactly where or when she had seen that creature. Hopefully the peppermint would kick in so that way she wouldn't start stressing out about these two creatures before her. One with dragon scales, one with stars upon his body.

It was confused memories and pleading hopes. Hopes of another old edge member who might be there. Hopes that her family might reunite. "Were you in the Edge before? Did you originally live in the Edge?" she whispered, shock in her eyes as she tries to place dragon figure before her that looked so close to one who had lived in the Edge, the giant dragon-horse creature who had lived there when Mirage had been there.

She was just clinging to a shred of hope that they were related, that she had called this dragon mare a part of her family. A hope that good memories of the times with Mirage might return with this creature's appearance. "Still fun. I like her dragons." Valiance chirped, still spinning around with her two spirit dragons.

Perhaps the world might turn right again?

When I'm ready to fall
With love

The girl, despite all affronts, did hesitate in her step to assess whether her presence would be unwanted. She could hope and pray that sometime, somewhere, she would come to simply be accepted, not to be gawked at or screamed at, or attacked or threatened, simply because of her looks. Dragons were creatures of legend to so many, and yet the smaller companionable drakes that bonded with those of equine blood seemed to be so easily accepted - it was when the realisation that those smaller designs had evolved from something much larger, much more ancient and powerful - something much like the blood that had altered this girl from being a simple amber champagne equine maiden to a draconic hybrid known to exist in only three instances (her father and sister being the other two) - that reactions started to become unpredictable. Of course, those who knew her - those she could call family - had learned how to see her for the gleaming golden heart that pounded within her chest, not for the golden scales that decorated her iridescent pelt.

A smile curved her caramel lips nonetheless, and instinctively her wings folded down to her slightly sweaty sides, her tiara became level with the height of her withers as she attempted to appear as little as a predator as possible. The presence of a bonded dragon helped, for he played with her spirit friends, who filled her with their colourful thoughts and waves of excitement, and she could not help but hold a curiosity for the equine mare sharing the bond to the red one. Ears pricked forward as the others began to move, to turn and view her wholly, and Amaris watched them carefully, closely, waiting for the moment where she might need to spring into flight, to make a hasty retreat, or to try and reassure them that she wasn't some monster come to eat them, but instead just another equine like them. I'll never be like them, the dark thought darted through her cranium, surprising even her with his venom. Nor should you ever be, came the response from the red spirit that accompanied her today, who left the more rambunctious blue to play with the bonded dragon to return and land upon Amaris' withers. A low song came from the spirit, whom Amaris called Nymerith, as she continued speaking. You are still a child, growing into your scales. She punctuated within Amaris' own crown, a firm tone behind the words.

Amaris turned her tiara to view the dragon-spirit for a moment, before snorting with a devious smirk upon her maw and returning her attention to the others. Let the dragons think what she will, they did not have to grow up being different from everyone outside their small family.

Sensitive ears captured the low whisper of the star-spangled stallion, and Amaris found herself breathing a sigh of relief. Awe was not the worst reaction one could have - and she had certainly seen them all. "Hi," she replied warmly, her voice warm and deep, her tones welcoming and hopeful. Golden gaze flicked swiftly then to the pale mare, who had but a single ear but a look of hope upon her façade that rivalled the feelings stirring within Amaris' own breast. The dragon-child nodded slowly, deciding to approach this Edge resident steadily and calmly, so that she didn't miss a word that was spoken. "The Edge was where the DragonHeart birthed my sister and I," she spoke softly but clearly, feeling almost foolish for stating her mother's title, as if she were a child trying to ride on the aftershocks of her parents' achievements - truly she despised the idea, for who could grow to live to be as great as her mother anyway? "When she did not return from her exploration into the shadowlands, I fled Helovia with my father. I returned not long ago, and found my cousin at the Throat," - leading the Throat, she amended silently - "and have joined them to be by her side." A pause in her speech, her melodic tones graced the airwaves once more to add something she did not usually give so easily, but which she proffered this time with a gentle smile upon her whiskered muzzle.

"I'm Amaris."
Amaris

@[Atlas]
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Linds
Atlas

Just Call me Lucifer

You know, if I’d taken any other path or I’d decided to roost in any other tree, I wouldn’t have been blessed with such fortune. The Gods must’ve seen me coming and granted me favor- I was certainly one lucky man.

My little rosy lady didn’t appear all too friendly and that was just fine by me- I was friendly enough for the both of us. I’d been quite courteous toward her though, genial even. Everything had been going just fine and dandy right up until that little crimson dragon dropped down from the clouds to huff and puff in my face like I’d done something offensive. I coughed once before choking on a laugh, “Nice little buddy you got there!” Maybe I needed to take a few pointers from Rose; perhaps this "Helovia" wasn’t as welcoming as I’d thought.

Picking herbs or not, Rose (as I’d taken to calling her) certainly didn’t appear to be an impressionable mare. I considered myself to be a jovial creature, maybe a bit haughty, but an enthusiastic listener nonetheless. Yet, Rose had shown me a new way of being, not a bright one, but a new way all the same. Was I expected to be so nonchalant as well?

If so, I didn’t think I could adhere to their parameters.

I was far too personable, too… intimate.

But the Gods would see my fate changed as they always had. Rose had heard the eerie song as well which meant I wasn’t just plumb crazy. She lifted pretty eyes to greet the draconic youth, but she was not as amused as I. Instead, she looked like she’d been punched in the gut- never to recover. Damn, she was a melancholy little thing. Everything appeared to disarm her and if it didn’t, well… it didn’t exist.

I watched exuberantly as Rose’s dragon split though both heaven and earth to reclaim his throne in the sky. Once adrift, he tussled and danced with the spiritual representations of his breed brought to our company by the half-breed. In truth, she was whimsical creature, a rare and extrinsic flower come to grow in the dry sands of Helovia. In my mind’s eye, she did not belong; she was more fitted to adorn the pastel heavens from whence she’d come.

But she was here, a friend. How could I refuse such an opportunity?

As if brought abreast by destiny, the half-breed shared her tales of past woes; stories of her mother, sister, and father… they were so dark and threatening. I had to know more. But another notion delayed my prodding –the World’s Edge. Where and what exactly was the world’s edge? What did it look like and was there even such a thing?

And the DragonHeart… was her mother? How frightening.

There were so many new and peculiar terms that I couldn’t yet wrap my head around. I couldn’t be certain that I’d want to live in a dragon’s throat, but who was I to judge? Whatever made the half-breed happy. “Amaris, it is most certainly a pleasure to meet you. I’m Atlas and as far as I know, that’s Rose,” I proffered smugly while gesturing to the awe-struck mare.

If Rose didn’t want to share introduction with me, then I’d simply have to do it for her. Either way, I was completely content to say whatever Amaris wanted to hear… if only to keep her talking, to keep her at my side.

image credits

▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Resplendence

She was grateful, really, that the mare before her had done as much as she had to appear less frightening. Because, honestly, regardless of the fact that she appeared similar to that other dragon-horse in the Edge when Mirage had been there she still had to do everything in her power to steel herself and stay. Wings, feathered wings bothered her, so scales like a dragon definitely continued to unnerve her. Valiance continued to flit around in the sky, weaving in and out and around the spirit dragons that the mare had.

It was the other stag who arrived first, having gathered a hi from the mare. Though, she wasn't quite sure what to think of him. He seemed… pleasant enough - dealing with Valiance's show of 'dominance' when it came to her protection. Resplendence shuffled her limbs, moving in just a little closer to the pair of creatures before her. And, as she spoke, asking of the Edge, it was the dragon mare who also moved in closer. The dragon-mare's response that came was shocking. The title that had belonged to Mirage was so easily thrown into the air as if it were nothing. But, the soft voice that seemed to caress Resplendence as she stood there was definitely something she would have expected to have came from the motherly figure of Mirage the DragonHeart. The shock began to fade, a gentle smile curving at the corners of Resplendence's lips as her audit perked up - glad to know that some legacy of the World's Edge was still alive and well. "Mirage… she was like a mother to me. I'm so glad you are well, even if no one has found your mother yet…"

A little bit of sadness graces her tone as she trails off, eyes flickering to the ground in uncertainty. But the peacefulness of this dragon mare's tone was slowly filling her with strength she didn't even think that she had. The dragon-child gave her name, Amaris - a beautiful name for a child Resplendence didn’t doubt had a brilliant future. And then, that stag was speaking again. Polite, but layered on… almost thickly? She couldn't quite tell but the way that he addressed Resplendence as Rose was slightly unnerving. Instantly, she vigorously shook her head no. No, that wasn't her name. It wasn't her name and Valiance was not pleased that this Atlas was giving himself the right to offer her a nickname. Only those close to his bonded were allowed to call her anything different than Res or Resplendence. She was not to be giving adoring nicknames and claimed by every peace of flesh that dared to walk by.

It only took a second for the dragon to stop playing with the spirits, eyes narrowed before he shot down, barreling toward this Atas. "Valiance, no!" Res demanded, feeling his anger before even realizing where he was - and at the last second he shot his wings out and veered to the side, sending a breath of fire toward Atlas's haunches, though he wasn't exactly close enough to guess whether or not it had hit. "He not claim. He not Quilyan. He not Kaj." Valiance huffs, landing upon her poll as if to protect her.

Wide eyed, panicking a little because of the burst of flames, Res began to stumble over her words. "Oh God. Oh God. I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Tears. Minor tears of nervousness began to erupt. Only a few, but they still crawled down her cheeks at the moment. "He doesn't like others giving me nicknames. I'm sorry! He's overprotective…" But he had reason to be, after all Res was not one very capable of fighting. "I'm Resplendence, and this is Valiance. It really is a pleasure to meet you both, and I'm glad you're back Amaris, that you survived the darkness. Gods, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry…" she said, stumbling back a few steps in uncertainty. They probably hated her now.

"Valiance, why do you do this?"

Valiance can either have scorched some fur or missed completely - up to you. But he definitely wasn't close enough to do much more then singe hair XD

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Suddenly the girl felt exposed. Why had she said so much, given so much, when she had barely learned anything of them first? All her mother's teachings echoed in her mind, her guard had wavered for a mere moment, and she had exposed who she was. Calm, child, the voice of the red upon her withers resounded solidly within her crown. You gave the blue-bonded comfort with your words. You did not reveal too much, only what was necessary. They know you are strong now. They not harm you. The confidence with which the wise one spoke filled the golden belle with resolve; yes, she had exposed much about herself, but perhaps she had just proved that she was not her mother, not intent on learning everything there was to learn whilst giving nothing about herself away. Why should she fear others knowing about her? Because knowledge is power, it was not the voice of the red spirit that spoke this time, but the echo of her mother's lessons that spoke now. Yes mother, Amaris replied silently to the lesson, but still thought that she had not given away too much information, at least, not to harmful ears. A resident of the Edge - surely she could be trusted, especially since she claimed to know her mother, and a newcomer, who seemed so far in awe and not intent upon causing her harm.

When would the girl stop second-guessing herself? When would she grow confident enough to simply live life the way she was meant to live it?

Soon, the voice came again, this time a combination of her mother's voice and Nymerith's.

Had Amaris been older and more experienced with the ways of males, she might have scolded this one for thinking that his suave words would effect her. But young as she was, naiive as she was, she heard the words and thought them merely polite, if a little odd - how was meeting her a pleasure, when she so clearly unnerved him by her very existence? She accepted his words with a nod and a small smile, murmuring in her low honeyed tones, "thank you, Atlas."

Things got very complicated very quickly after that.

Dragons were fickle creatures, as Amaris knew better than most. She could read them easily; they were her kin, after all, and though she did not have a true bond with any single companion, she had her spiritual guides who flickered into existence and melded their ancient minds and soul with hers often - she knew the effects a bond like that could have upon a soul. It was more than just the minds entwining, it was the very fibres of one's being stretching out to encase another's not only swallowing them up but being swallowed in return, to such an extent that individuals were no longer that; two became one. Resplendence spoke of Amaris' mother in such a way that surprised Amaris a little, but then memories came flooding back, of herd meetings, of discussions between her mother and other ranked members, conversations that Amaris was not a part of but that she absorbed nonetheless.

"You studied healing beneath the Wild Rose?" She asked softly, wondering if she had her history right, wondering if this fragile woman before her had progressed any within her chosen art of healing. But before her wonderings could be voiced or receive any answers, Amaris saw the sure signs of a draconic incident unfolding. What happened next, was pure instincts for the girl; she was no longer equine, but wholly and completely dragon herself, a golden queen among her kind nonetheless, and she called upon that natural rank now.

A new creature seemed to step forth, one that radiated power and confidence, and at this time, a little bit of anger. "Hush, Res," her voice was still warm and soothing as she addressed the mare quietly, stepping towards her retreating form as she deigned to hold Valiance's gaze within her own sharp, golden iris'. "Valiance," she spoke, unknowingly adopting the tone her mother used when addressing the entire herd, or bestowing a task upon one of its members. "It is important to protect your bonded, more important than anything else," she spoke as if from experience, which she had through her connection with any of the great spirits she calls upon with her magic. "But you must not burn her bridges before she even has a chance to cross them and learn that not all in the world is out to hurt her. In doing that, Valiance, you hurt her." The queen allowed her words to be harsh as she spoke, allowed the truth of them to be heard by the little dragon. The blue and red spirits that danced in the sky above her trilled low, harmonic songs, as if to back up her speech.

A small huff of breath escapes her maw as a sigh then, and the queen softens her gaze and extends her golden-tipped maw out to the red companion. "I know you do not wish to hurt her," her voice returns to its singsong grandeur of before, though still laced with the memory of the queen dragon she had called upon mere moments ago. "And I know your bonded loves you regardless," here she offers a smile to the dragon, showing just how the girl has returned to her hybrid self, no longer leaning towards her more draconic half nor her equine half, but embracing both.

"Res," Amaris adopts a shortened version of the mare's name now, in the same gentle tones she used before. "You've nothing to fear here," she spoke softly, lowering her tiara once more, before glancing over to the unicorn stallion, who she did hope was alright. "Come, we'll take our new friend to the stream so he can cool off." The girl winked at Resplendence, before making her way towards Atlas, finally allowing the concerned look to cross over her brow as she considered him. "Come along," she said simply, gesturing with her tiara and motioning with her bodice a path through the Thistles that would take them all to a stream.

[ random character development ftw! ]
Amaris

@[Atlas]
I like being tagged!

Linds
Atlas

Just call me Lucifer

Rose was such a nervous girl and even if I couldn’t understand why, the least I could do was offer her... moral support? Was there truly even such a thing? How was I supposed to comfort her anyhow? She looked like she’d seen the devil himself and though I was often referred to as such, I hadn’t given her any reason to think of me that way. It took her some time to come closer and when she finally did, I was able to ponder the single ear she had (or maybe it was the ear that she didn’t have that caught my eye). Either way, I was mildly curious. Had she been born that way or had it be… removed? I couldn’t imagine a girl like Rose causing a fuss of any sort but then again… she was, in laymen terms, a hot mess.

But the half-breed appeared to know something valuable, something that made Rose smile. Well hell, if talking about the “DragonHeart” made her smile then I’d talk about said dragon’s heart all day long. Yet there was more to the name than previously revealed… The “DragonHeart” or heart of dragon or dragon or heart (what did it all mean?) was actually someone and not necessarily a thing. Rose talked about her like she’d been someone near and dear, but I could only look on, wide-eyed and innocent- I was but a simple man after all.

And then Rose was frowning…

What in the hell was actually going on right now? I certainly didn’t know. I’d tried to make introduction for myself and Rose the TimidHeart but no one looked too happy about it. Rose certainly didn’t because she started shaking her head like she had a bee behind that one ear and I couldn’t help but smile at the idea. She really was a weird little mare. At least the half-breed was kind enough to acknowledge me with thanks (or maybe it was just confusion) and I nodded to her in return, bewildered.

But things quickly went downhill from there (as things involving mares often did).

I should have kept myself… I really should have.

Before I could even look to Amaris to try and decipher Rose’s reaction, I was caught by a red flutter, a flash of crimson barreling through the sky straight for… me? Honestly, I had no idea what was coming nor could I prepare myself for it. I’d never encountered “companions” as it were and knew naught of their protective hearts. I guess it was about time I’d paid the Piper…

Somebody fuckin’ had to.

Heat touched my right hip and I lunged forward, nearly plowing into Amaris in my surprise. Rose’s cries sounded dream-like, a mere whisper upon the breeze compared to the screaming inside my own head. When the little devil had retreated, leaving me to my own devices, I turned dual colored eyes backward to survey the damage. Anger mounted hot and heavy in my throat and I did try to keep dirty words to a minimum but that little shit had singed precious hair, scarred the glittering stars themselves! “Fuck!” I retorted. “Little bugger you got there Rose,” I gritted through my teeth.

I had to maintain manliness somehow.

I glanced once to Amaris, as she had attempted to soothe the panicky Rose, but it did not soothe the inflamed skin hidden beneath my charred coat. Why did I have to suffer? What had I done to infuriate the little demon? I’d spoken all of seven words and become a victim amongst suspects… Maybe gender had something to do with that. If I’d trounced in here a mare, said the same thing and bat my lashes, I guarantee you I would’ve been spared. What a joke.

But what was this? What in God’s name was Amaris prattling on about? Bonded…? What insane trickery did she speak of? If someone didn’t explain what in the devil’s tongue was going on, I was going to have a heart attack right there at their hooves. However, the half-breed had kept her wits about her and had begun to usher me toward a presumed nearby stream (to “cool me off”). At first I was fine with her dominance but as I turned in order to accommodate her and Rose, I paused. A sudden flare fire from within and I’d just… had enough. Like some shitty stream water was going to heal burned flesh!

Everyone around me seemed to know what went on here in these lands, but I did not. I followed so blindly every command given, every suggestion uttered… but I’d simply had enough. I was tired of being some onlooker in my own fucking life.

Now wait just a goddam minute. Everyone acts like dragons and dragon horses are completely normal here, but I am NOT accustomed. I run into you two and in a matter of minutes I am reduced to bystander, flame target, and NOW a child yet unable to tend my own wounds. I appreciate your kindness but PLEASE… can SOMEONE explain what is going on here?” I huffed. “I mean really… who is the DragonHeart? What does it mean to bonded? WHY the fuck did that little devil attempt to skin me? And more pressingly, why do you two think I’m some invalid incapable of logic?” I questioned while looking back and forth between Resplendence and Amaris. Someone needed to supply some answers before I had a shit fit right in the middle of their heart-filled reunion.

image credits

@[Amaris] @[Resplendence]

Just for fun I decided to list what music I usually write Atlas to (because he isso often written to some happy-go-lucky songs: Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Resplendence

She didn't know that this was going to happen. She didn't know that Valiance was going to attack Atlas. She hadn't meant for any of this to happen. The question of Res studying under the Wild Rose had her mind churning. Had she studied under her? Oh yes! Smoke! She had. She definitely had. But it was when she was going to speak, to confirm this, that Valiance swooped down and tried to burn Atlas.

She stuttered, she panicked, she tried to apologize. Most importantly, she shrank. Her body seemed to press up, backing away and trying to force the tears to stop happening. Alas, before she could try to snap herself out of it Amaris was telling her to hush. Nervous, she swallowed and bobbed her head. Yes, hush, calm down. It was only then that Amaris turned to Valiance, who was now on Res's poll.

The words, though, that came from Amaris' mouth had Valiance lifting from her poll and into the air, low for a few moments before he landed upon the ground. His tucked his tail, clicking sadly as his eyes dropped. "Not trying hurt." he said, as she told him that he was hurting Resplendence in the process. And the trilling of the spirit dragons, they only seemed to back up this idea. But, it was like she knew he didn't want to hurt her, with the words that fell from the dragon-mare's lips and the smile that curled up her lips. Valiance took to the air once more, this time to try and land upon Amaris' withers and wrap his tail around a part of her neck - some vague form of a hug to show his gratitude for backing up the words that he had said to Res, that he hadn't meant to hurt her.

Amaris spoke to Resplendence once more, telling her that there was nothing she should fear. It was the unicorn stallion, though, that needed the most attention. Cussing, calling Valiance a 'little bugger'. "Let me just, just get some Chamomile… And yes, I studied under Smoke…" she said, starting to move off to grab something to assist with his burns. But, just as she started to move off to find them Atlas started to have a mental breakdown of some kind. She could assume it was similar to her own, but, really, she wasn't vocal when hers were happening, so how was she to know. He said to wait, so she waited. In fact, she froze.

She started to speak, stuttering over even one word, before her mouth finally allowed her mind to produce somewhat reasonable answers. "The DragonHeart used to lead the E-Edge. Being b-bonded means th-that your souls are-are connected. Val-Valiance is protective, I'm n-not strong and I've n-never been. He saw the nickname as you attempting to c-claim me…" She broke, for a second, unsure of how to answer the last question. "And I-I don't think that... But you need Chamomile… for the b-burns. I. I'm going to go get some."

So with that, she spun off and began to search for the chamomile. Once she had enough she would meet the pair at the water's edge.

When I'm ready to fall
With love

The red responded as Amaris thought appropriate; he recognised her as a fellow draconian friend, but respected her as the queen she had momentarily become. The dragon-girl crooned softly to him, a low sound that emanated somewhere between her throat and chest, a purr that was almost feline with an equine and draconic twist. As he crawled up her side, she laughed a small, quiet chuff to encourage him, forgiveness written all over her posture as she welcome his embrace, arching her nape and tilting her crown to cuff him gently and playfully with her muzzle. Yes, she knew that he had inherently meant well, but that did not mean that his actions were inherently good; she hoped he would embrace her words and simmer his own temper down so that his bonded could learn to stand up for herself.

It was then that her attention was diverted to the stallion, who was having a much more typical reaction to all the strange, draconian things he was being exposed to than the simple awe and admiration he held before. Though Amaris could understand the reason behind his ire (at least with regards to pain, for the girl had hardly ever been burned despite having a lot to do with fire), the girl's confidence shook against such a painful reminder of what it was like to be named different, strange, abnormal. Her scaled ears flicked back as the words came tumbling from the stallion's mouth, and it took her a few seconds to process exactly what had been said (he was not insulting her, merely reacting with the panic of a newcomer being thrust into the midst of a very peculiar situation).

"Sorry," her honeyed tones added on after Res' stuttered speech, as the girl turned back to face Atlas (a quick glance was thrown over her shoulder to watch the pale mare become enraptured with her work of gathering herbs, a skill Amaris suddenly wished to learn).

"I thought you already knew of such things, because you reacted so.. calmly, both to me and Valiance." She elaborated quietly and calmly, a steady and strong voice to combat his rushed and worried one. "Please, let me explain while we go to the stream, the running water will help to soothe your scorched skin." Tilting her sculpted tiara towards the direction she intended to travel with him, the girl then continued on with her explanation for him.

"Dragons, like Valiance, have the unique ability to bond to an equine soul - only an equine one. Through that bond, thoughts, emotions, everything is shared between the two." She paused with a small sigh, as she gathered her wits about her to explain her own heritage. "My mother was known as the DragonHeart, for her ability to shapeshift into a dragon.. a dragon who stood at my height, not Valiance's. My father is like me, and they loved one another enough to create my sister and I." Another glance to Resplendence's bonded, as well as the two soul-lights who still flitted above their heads, and the girl then moved onto another question the stallion had. "Valiance thought you were a threat, and I have a feeling it is not the first time it has happened. He didn't mean harm, truly, but he obviously feels like he needs to protect her from everything, using the most efficient weapon that he has - fire. I am sorry you were the brunt of a draconic display of might, but I promise that most of my kind are generally playful and devious - in fact I'm sure Valiance usually is too."

The girl stops her speech abruptly there, having explained all she thought needed explaining, wondering if her words were enough. "I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding."
Amaris

@[Atlas]
I like being tagged!

Linds
Atlas

Just Call me Lucifer

I’d never been one to lead a plain life, but meeting Amaris and Rose -Resplendence- had certainly added a little color to my canvas. I imagined Rose was a pale pink and Amaris, a vibrant gold. Where I landed on the spectrum was uncertain but maybe it was well enough that we all came from such diverse palettes. I enjoyed variety and even more so when it was presented with culture and opinion and personality…

However, not every opinion needed expression... I still wasn’t quite sure how to receive Valiance, but as I eyed the little crimson devil he took it upon himself to befriend every creature before him- aside from me of course. Maybe it had something to do with our gender… I’d seen such acts of jealousy consume many-a-male’s reasoning. It wasn’t my fault I was more equipped to entertain the ladies with foolish lore and fabricated truths. I certainly hadn’t come seeking intimacy of any kind in Helovia though. I’d spent too many wasted hours fawning over the opposite gender to be compelled any longer by their sly games and hungry eyes.

I’d like to say that I had arrived a changed man… but I assume only time would reveal such revelations.

However, I didn’t have much time to ponder such trivial notions, at least not with my hip screaming for vengeance (and perhaps some salve). Rose mentioned that she would find me some chamomile -most likely the only reference to something I had any clue about- but it certainly didn’t deter her from resuming conversation with Amaris.

Oh no, don’t trouble yourself! My coat is just burnt to hell and my skin feels like it’s going to shrivel away from my body- but please, don’t rush or anything!

Females… so irritating and yet so utterly and undeniably perfect. But they still made me want to grind my teeth on a damn tree trunk.

Sometimes I had to question my own choice in company because of that issue, but of course I knew why I’d suffered through such cruelty with half a smile… both Rose and Amaris were stunningly beautiful creatures, if a bit dense toward my needs. I could feel my mouth tingling but refrained from gritting the yellowed teeth hidden behind my white lips. I’d have to hold my tongue.

I mean, unless I wanted to lose the rest of my coat to Valiance’s fire.

However, I quickly regretted even the thought of offending Rose, let alone blowing up on her for the actions of her “companion.” She appeared to stiffen at my outrage, a corpse in every sense of the word, before shuddering into motion once more. Her words resembled vomit, in that she couldn’t seem to stop talking and yet everything was stunted and unsure. In short, she looked like it physically pained her to do anything but stand there.

Okay, Rose made me feel like a dick. A huge dick.

But how was a man supposed to react to being assaulted within the first ten minutes of meeting someone? Certainly the Gods would allow me mercy for such slights… Then again, Rose was probably favored among their disciples for her compassion and kindness and I was just a fucking jerk. “Thank you Rose,” I sighed dejectedly while I watched her scurry away to gather herbs. Poor girl, she looked like she’d been tossed on her head as a child and now all she could do was hope that no one else was harsh enough to do it again. After she had wandered off to find chamomile, my dual-colored gaze was returned to Amaris. She too offered apology too, but I could hardly believe she sought to instill it with any real meaning. What was it… birds of a feather flock together? I was clearly the odd-man-out in this threesome and it wasn’t even the kind of threesome every man dreams of. No, this was something else entirely.

But at least the draconic mare was calm enough for the rest of us to keep sense because she was the only one capable of coherent speech (outside of my own panicked, psychotic spewing). “I’ve traveled a lot and let me tell you, the world has a lot of peculiar sights… But dragons are most certainly a first for me,” I replied lightly in an attempt to temper the dissonance caused by my violent outburst. “I guess I’m more of a bystander when it comes to all things unfamiliar- I like to look and not touch,” I laughed. In most situations anyway…

When Amaris motioned me toward some yonder stream, I followed willingly. The burned skin along my hip squealed in protest, but I was supposed to be a man. I couldn’t let flesh wounds keep me from assuming the role of “I’m a man and I WILL prevail.” However, I couldn’t help but wince as I fell into step alongside her… Yeah, alright, some men felt pain. Was that a crime?

I was glad that Amaris didn’t seem to notice my display of weakness but the information shared about her past was quite appalling in its own right. At least I didn’t have to think too long about my inability to act the part of shameless lady-killer. No, I was too distracted by Amaris’ heritage to hem-haw over my own deficiencies. “So Helovia is full of creatures like you…?” I asked uncertainly. I didn’t know how much more awe I could handle in the stint of my stay here. I’d been known to travel a lot but as the years passed and my heart grew lonely, it became almost necessary to find a place to settle.

Would Helovia be that place?

I guess I can understand that, but the question remains… are they all that protective? How does one come by a companion anyways?” I prodded more freely. “This has truly been a disconcerting day Amaris. I hope that you’ll not think ill of me… I’d like to call myself “composed” in most situations,” I smiled openly at her second attempt to apologize for Valiance (as if she could have controlled him anyway). “I’ll recover from a simple burn, but as you seem to know quite a bit about these things, I don’t want to miss the opportunity to ask you how one could avoid such mishaps in the future?” I finally concluded.

If I was going to stay and call Helovia “home”, it was probably better I learned as much as I could, as fast as I could, so today couldn’t repeat itself.

image credits

▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Resplendence

She scampered off, searching for the chamomile that was very necessary. It was only after Valiance was certain that Amaris was done with her lecture that he took back to the skies to assist Resplendence in her search - choosing, for the moment, to ignore the fact that Atlas once again called her 'Rose'. He still didn't think it was right, and he still was very peeved that someone else was trying to 'claim' his bonded, but for the moment he was going to have to deal. A snort, escaped his mouth, before he snatched up some chamomile and began to crush it so that way it would become a salve.

It was only once Res was certain that they had enough that she turned up at the water side, much calmer than before now that most of the craziness had begun to settle down. "It's going to sting… try not to move," she said inching in closer before Valiance put a dollop of the salve on her maw. And then, from there, she tried to press the salve against his flesh and spread it across everything that had been burned. She had missed most all of their conversation, only concentrating on covering his burns with the salve. Valiance crushing and adding more dollops until it was completely covered.

"You'll need to reapply a couple times a day, it'll ease the pain and keep it from scarring too badly…" She explained, as Valiance hovered above her with one uncrushed piece of Chamomile before he landed in front of Atlas and carefully placed it at the unicorns feet. "That's what Chamomile looks like, for reference… again I'm so sorry about this…" A gentle breath escaped her maw before she glanced over towards Amaris. Oh, but how she still couldn't believe that the DragonHeart's daughter was standing before her. It was a miracle…

When I'm ready to fall
With love

It was such a simple question, but for the girl, it was loaded with accusations and mockery, taunts that had never truly happened anywhere except in her own mind. Helovia is full of creatures like you, he asked, and she couldn't help but wince slightly at the wording. Though her rational mind knew he meant no harm, she felt a small and bitter part of her want to lash back, and so what if Helovia is full of creatures like me? What would you do then? Leave? The dragon-mare breathed out the spark of emotion that piqued within her, processing it carefully, refusing to let it bubble over and take control of her. "No, my sibling and father are the only others I know of," she murmured quietly, attempting to hold onto the polite air of pleasantness she had crafted, though her heart was no longer behind her words.

He speaks of companions then, a subject Amaris enjoyed far more than talking about herself, or the strange blend of species that marked her body. "Each companion is as unique as the soul it chooses to bond to. Dragons are protective of the things they love, generally, but that doesn't mean they will all express that through their fire." She spoke simply, factually, hoping she was giving a fair description of the species that gave her wings and scales (and teeth).

"I don't think ill of you," the girl's lips quirked into a shadow of a smirk, one very similar to the vague devious glint that often tinted her mother's façade. To his final query, she rolled her shoulders in a sketch of an equine shrug, rustling her leathery wings by her side. As they arrived at the stream and Resplendence returned, Amaris awarded the healer with a warm smile, listening closely to her explanation of the herbs she had gathered. Amaris knew some, such knowledge was essential for one who travelled (and hunted), but compared to the healer's hoard of information, the dragon-girl's knowledge was severely lacking. "Truly fascinating," she commented to the mare, dipping her tiara to better sniff the plant and remember it in case she needed it in future. She was a dragon after all, and dragons were known to play with fire - it was best she knew a way to combat fire's kiss.

"Sometimes, Atlas, these things just happen. You could spend your life trying to figure out how to avoid offending others in the future, or you could spend it living. The choice is yours, as it is everyone's." The wisdom that came from her lips was merely an echo of many a lesson her mother had given her, and even more recently, Lace. The dragon-mare, despite her hurt from before, did her best to follow her own advice, and move on from the imagined offence - life was too short to mull on such worries.

"I'd love to learn more about your art, Res." she used the mare's nickname with a pointed, amused look at Valiance, her tones friendly and true once more as she expressed her interest. "Maybe one day you can give me a lesson."

[ I AM SO SORRY. I didn't forget about this, but AMaris muse kinda went all wonky and bleh for a bit. SHE'S BACK I PROMISE. And I totes understand if ya'll wanna drop this thread lol. ]
Amaris

@[Atlas]
I like being tagged!

Linds
Atlas

Just Call me Lucifer

It was hard not so see the trouble that lurked behind the hybrid’s golden stare but whether or not I was the type of man to uncover the source of her problems was another question altogether. I’d never been one to delve into the issue that was females and on most occasions I’d never even noticed moments like this… Maybe I was growing older or maybe I admired Amaris’ ingenuity… Yet, in any case, I was determined to see her mood lifted. After all, it appeared as though I’d already caused quite a stir…

Jokes and entertainment aside, I could be serious when it mattered. However, where was I supposed to start and how was I supposed to help her when I truly had no idea what was bothering her? I was about to ask what it was, though it took some time for me to come up with something to say, when she again mentioned her sister. I was no dragon-expert or anything like that, but I was pretty certain I knew a little something about familial ties and to be quite frank, it didn’t matter what you looked like when it came to family. You stuck together because they were put on this damn earth to love you no matter what, but Amaris wasn’t accompanied by a single one of her family members. Yet she regarded them with such sorrow… or what appeared to be sorrow. It was hard to tell.

Rareness is often a source of beauty,” I replied distractedly. There was something vacant in the way she spoke of her past… I could have been imagining it or I could have been spot-on, only time would tell.

It didn’t take long for the hybrid to skip over any more mention of her family to move on to the less challenging subject of companions. I was glad for her knowledge and it helped me in understanding the use of their bond, but still held little bearing toward how two separate entities could become linked. Again, it was something that I knew would come in time and secretly I hoped that Amaris would one day show me how bonds worked…

Upon reaching the stream in its entire steam-like splendor, Rose reappeared with Valiance in tow. They brought with them what appeared to be a plant-based salve. She was still quite nervous in the way that she moved and spoke, but I assumed that she had some kind of troublesome past that now affected her behavior. Whatever it was, I was certain that accompanying two mares over the past hour had made me a bit more soft-hearted. It was… strange and yet somehow enjoyable. I stopped looking at them as outsiders and started seeing them for who they might actually be.

It was about damn time I felt something, even if it made me feel like a giant fuckin’ star-spangled idiot.

Thank you both for all that you’ve done to help me… it won’t be forgotten,” I commented while Rose started smearing that gunk along my backside. Amaris watched on as if she were experiencing magic at its finest and I couldn’t help but wonder what made them so nice. They didn’t know me and yet here they were helping me after Valiance had decided I was beyond saving. Each mare had a completely different personality and both were just as infectious… Damn, I was in trouble myself.

“You’re right Amaris… you’re completely right.” So what if I turned into a heaping pool of spittle and admiration? I was surrounded by beautiful women who wanted to take care of me. I couldn’t complain.

image credits

▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Resplendence

She came back to a smile from Amaris and rapt attention as well. The way that she inspected the herb brought a little bit of joy to Res's heart (to know that someone else cared enough was heart warming). Carefully she continued to smear the herb across his haunches where the wound was. Her mind only moved back once to the others as Amaris began to speak once more.

Valiance deposited his stalk of chamomile before returning to Res's withers, ducking his head at the sound of Res's nickname and letting out a few chirps of discontent. She said that she would love to learn more and Res bobbed her head. "Of c-course," she responded, a weak smile curling up the edges of her lips as her mind replayed the thanks from Atlas. She swallowed, eyes flickering back and forth between the pair. "If you ever c-come to the Edge, it would be my pleasure," she finishes, shifting her weight.

Then, she moves a little bit away from the pair. "Perhaps it would be b-best if I were to go back to the Edge…" she whispers, eyes lingering a little between the two of them. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Atlas, and a pleasure to run into you again Amaris. I'm glad you're w-well." She swallowed, shuffling her limbs as Valiance took back toward the sky as he usually did during their travels. "U-until we m-meet again?" she said, bowing her head respectfully to both before grabbing the basket and leaving hastily at the trot.

Res out :P

When I'm ready to fall
With love