Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

Water droplets sailed through the air, splashing in tiny speckles along the shoreline, as a spotted filly ran about in the river. A soft giggle escaped her maw, it tinkling on the breeze as she happily played. She knew it wasn't the best idea to be out by herself, but sometimes the Edge provided little entertainment, and so she needed to explore. Her black stained legs lifted themselves gracefully against the current, keeping to the more shallow end of the water source. Soon her lips met liquid and she happily drank, enjoying the beautiful Birdsong day the Gods had blessed upon them. After her thirst had been quenched she was off again, jumping and skipping through the water and letting her wings flap upon her withers.

After Myrrine was thoroughly soaked, she figured that she had done enough in the stream, and worked herself out and onto the side. Shaking herself off lightly, she embraced the warmth that the sun generously provided. How she loved having the sun shining and birds singing, it reminded her much of home in spring. Suddenly her hazel eyes glimmered with mourning, thinking of her adopted mother who she most likely would never see again. She turned her gaze to the sky, watching longingly at the birds that soared past her. One day, she would be able to soar like them too, and perhaps she could find her mother again. For now, she would settle for an afternoon snack by the water's edge, where she could dry and black and white coat and enjoy the clean feeling of having just a pleasant bath.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Crap post is crappy. I apologize. feel free to post more and I should be able to match, starting posts just suck for me.
TAG: Caenan
WC: 268
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

He was irritable today. For no reason. Just outright irritable. The sun was too hot, but the shade was too cool. The flies wouldn't leave him alone; and then none of them buzzed around him. Was he not good enough for the pesky insects? Too many birds mad too much noise tweeting their praise to the season of BirdSong, but it was too quiet without their racket.

It was a rare mood for the stallion to find himself in but he was quite capable of being a grump. Grumbling to himself he was a regular storm cloud stalking across the land. Making his way through the Thistle Meadow he purposely dug his hooves into the ground as he briskly walked to nowhere in particular.

It would be a lovely time for a tussle. Caenan's emerald eyes glinted as he scanned the meadow for another stallion. Although not the usually the type getting someone a little riled up and having a quick go would make him feel so much better. He just had to burn off some steam.

Instead his eyes fell upon a freckled filly dancing with herself in the river. The streaming water acted as her dance partner. It sprung from the riverbed to kiss her dainty body. Even as she left the river it seemed to reach out for her, slowing her legs to try to keep her with it longer.

"Well now, is that a smile formin'?" The corners of his lips had began to tug in an upward motion while watching the girl play."Perhaps I 'ave found somethin' better than a silly spar."

Walking slowly and with his head slightly lowered Caenan approached the filly in the least threatening manner he could pull off. Foals could be such flighty things and the last thing he wanted was for her to flee to her dam and to deal with an overprotective mother. A wince crossed his features thinking of the hard hitting kicks that could lead to.

"'Hello there!" Eyes dancing he called out once he was a body's length away from the foal. "I'm Caenan. I've had the day from he--" The stallion stood with his mouth hanging open momentarily before correcting his language, "A day from heck." He pursed his lips in a mock pout. "But you look to be havin' a blast. May I join ya? Of course only if its okay with your 'Ma and 'Pa."

Lifting his head back from the young one's height he scanned the area for her parents. Seeing none in sight he arched his brow, "Are ya on your own out here?" Realizing she could take it as him preparing to cart him off to her dam he lowered his head once more and winked brightly. "'Tis fine if ya are. I'm not one to discourage some playful mischief."

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

The sun was so welcoming to her, she closed her eyes to bask in it. She hadn't noticed the stallion approaching, and so nearly jumped out of her skin at his cheery hello. Turning herself to face him fully she blinked, fully prepared for anything, only to find him in a non-threatening pose, and with a friendly smile upon his maw. She wasted no time smiling back, stepping herself closer and across the river to meet him. He seemed kind enough, he obviously meant no harm, and so to the other side she went, wanting to be able to speak to him without the rush of the river drowning out their conversation. At the mention of his name she dipped her head politely, pricking her ears forward and speaking in her soft lilt,"It's a pleasure to meet you Caenan! I am Myrrine of the World's Edge."

Pausing to let him continue she listened, expression entirely attentive on him as he seemed to ask if she could join in her fun, but only if her "Ma and Pa" approved. Letting a small frown grace her maw in thought, she turned away to look around to see that they were in fact alone. Not that she minded, but she was only curious if he had seen another adult around and thus assumed she was with them. No, there was no one in sight, and she looked back at him as he seemed to be asking about the same thing. Was she here alone? Yes, she was, she never really had company when she went out on her romps. She was sure if she had asked one of the members of the Edge to follow, they would have happily accepted, but she knew they all had very important things to do, and playing with a little foal out in the meadows was not high up on their list.

Giving a polite smile, she tilted her head, shaking it slightly and answering his questions,"You're most certainly welcome to join me. I was just out trying to give myself a bath. I would love to help you with your second question, but my mother and father are not here. They don't live here with me." Pausing, she wondered if that made sense to him. Perhaps she should explain, that might help him out more.

"What I mean by that, is that they live in another land that is unlike this place. I haven't seen them since I was born," she spoke honestly, having nothing to hide. She saw no point in having secrets here, for they only led to trouble in the long run. Besides, she had no qualms with not having her parents around, it seemed they hadn't cared about her, so why should she care about them? Deep down she knew she loved them to a certain degree, but only because they were blood, otherwise she never put much thought into their whereabouts. Her adopted mother however, was a different story. She greatly missed the mare who came to her aid when she was newborn, who nursed her back to health and raised her to how old she was now with all the love and care. Her heart broke every day when she woke up and the mare's body wasn't present, and nor was her tender scent that would forever be imprinted in her memory.

Soon she realized that she had sort of crawled back into her own thoughts, and with a shake of her head she smiled sheepishly, feeling rude for spacing out in such a way. She decided she would change the subject, turning herself around and back into the cool water, calling back to him sweetly,"Let's swim for a bit! The water is the perfect temperature. I like your horn by the way, it's very unique!" She let a giggle tinkle from her lips, shaking her fluffy build as she began to prance around once more in the shallow depths, waiting patiently fo him to join her.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Gosh the muse assaulted me! See I told you I could do it ;D
TAG: Caenan
WC: 670
Image Credit

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
AITHNIEL

The Thistle Meadow was where her life had truly begun. Here was where she had laid upon the grass, barely alive, Illynx coming to her rescue along with brother Rikyn. So early in life she had realized that nothing was permanent. Eventually, if you stuck around long enough, someone would leave you behind. The filly kicked the grass beneath her cloven hooves, tucking her pale wings to her sides and allowing herself to feel angry and upset at her brother's disappearance. Just because he was not her real brother did not make him any less her family, and a family is what she craved above all else.

Lost in her inner monologue as she was, she missed the conversation nearby and walked toward the scent of water. Suddenly, the words collapsed her mental fog, and she realized that there was a filly splashing around in the water inviting a colt in after her. Aithniel's ears perked up, watching with interest. Was this how her childhood should have been? Was this what other children did for fun? The little, young fire child watched, a voyeur into the life she always wanted but could never have.

Erebos was busy being the prince of the Basin. There was no one for her here anymore, and she half-wondered if she should try to make friends or if they would find her strange too. The thought of using her father to gain friends made her stomach feel funny. Surely they would not believe that she was the daughter of the Sun God, and even if they did, they would treat her differently. She didn't want to be treated differently. She just wanted to be treated with respect. Adults looked down upon her because of her age. Other children thought she looked weird.

The only one to ever give her a task that was meaningful was her father. Even then, she hardly felt qualified or skilled enough to find a killer as vicious as the one plaguing Helovia currently. So she stood, looking in at the life she wanted, feeling on the outside of a bubble. Aithniel had the courage to step a little closer, lion tail waving around her hocks, low with nervousness.

"Hi," she said quietly.

Image Credit

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Driving me insane
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

"You live at the World's Edge?" A joking glimmer danced in his eyes, "Better be careful not to trip!" A chuckle rumbled from his throat.

A lump formed in his throat and Caenan walked around the filly he circled her a few times while trying to get his emotions under control. His loneliness with the absence of his family had reared its ugly head. Did this filly have to wrestle with the same haunting emotion?

Caenan's muscles loosened as he stepped into the water. It was not his ocean; the droplets that splashed to his face did not leave a salty taste. But a wave of some indescribable feeling washed over him the moment that he met the water. It greeted him like an old friend. It was an old friend; it was family.

Where was this girl without family?

"You know, I am not a part of any herd myself. Do you like it with the Edge?" Caenan had doubts that he would ever settle within any herd land. There was an itch in him that would never be satisfied. But still his emerald eyes studied Myrrine closely. "They treat ya well?"

Working to keep the mood light he extended a foreleg and pawed at the water before him violently breaking its surface to splash the filly. He then spun as quickly as he could from her. Caenan's legs churned as they propelled him through the water his movement slowed slightly by the water. His head tossed back with the force of his laughter.

"Thanks! A handy shape for it to be. It has gotten me outta a sticky situation a time or two." Memories flashed into mind at the thought. The horn he had been blessed with was priceless to the stallion.

A gentle smile light Caenan's face as he spotted another filly's approach. "Hello there! C'mon join us." Caenan's smile widened, "I promise I don't bite. 'Fraid I can't speak for her yet as we just met." Playfully he looked to his new-found friend, "Do ya bite Myrrine?"

@[Myrrine]

Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

It wasn't long before the fellow colt joined her, making his way around her in tight circles, causing her to watch only to giggle at his silliness. Her hind legs lifted into the air, kicking out in play before she started trotting after him in a game of chase. His light laugh and gentleness instantly made the spotted girl drawn to him, wanting to get to know him more, to see him for who he was and hopefully make a new friend out of it. Her wings fluttered her forward slightly as her head attempt to lightly bump into his side, urging him to partake in her play before scampering off further down the stream. Laugh still tinkling behind her, it took her a brief moment to hear his question. It was one that caused her to slow her gait to a simple walk, before turning her frame towards him once again. She let a smile splay across her mouth, before dipping her head in answer,"Is that so? It seems like it would be awfully lonely without a place to call home. Yes, they're quite wonderful to me! The Queen, Kahlua is very kind, and also so beautiful!"

She paused in remembrance of the one who took her in, offered her a safe place to stay and a promise to return to her former home. Though she knew the latter would never happen, she was grateful for the painted lady's effort, and also her kind demeanor. Her mind also flitted back to her lovely dragon, Khan, and all the other horses she had met when she had first arrived. Smiling even wider, she looked to Caenan again and spoke,"There are also other very friendly horses there. Alysanne, who is the Moon Doctor, is very sweet! Oh! And then there's..." She paused, shyly looking away and pawing at the water timidly. She couldn't help but suddenly get nervous at the thought of the boy who had also welcomed her that day. His kind eyes and southern drawl made her dizzy and clumsy that day, and since then whenever she mentioned or thought of him her mind grew fuzzy and warm. She didn't know what it meant, but she liked it, and she hoped it didn't stop.

"I-Ilios." she finished, realizing she had stopped mid-sentence. Before the subject could be pushed further, a splash of water assaulted the filly's features, causing her to sputter in surprise, before looking to find the bay running off in the opposite direction of her. Ears pricked forward and hazel eyes stared wide, before soon she was laughing and running after him to catch up. His comment about his horn made her only giggle more, before she soon caught sight of another filly, shyly making her way forward. Caenan was all the welcoming, encouraging her to join in on their fun and to relish in the beautiful sunshine of today.

Myrrine nodded her agreement, finally stopping at the boy's side and smiling, her fluffy tail wagging behind her,"Hello! I'm Myrrine. Nice to meet you! No, I don't bite. Please, come join us, the water is wonderful and there's always room for more playmates!" Giggling she attempted to push herself playfully against the colt, before turning and skidding off in the opposite direction, hoping both would give chase so that they could run and splash about in the water. Myrrine couldn't remember the last time she had had this much fun in her life. She had been so alone, so isolated with only mother and her, the forest creatures fun for chase, but never reciprocated in her fun. But now, there were so many others, so many potential friends to meet and care for, and it made the filly's heart swell with joy at the great life she had in store for her here.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Welcome Tamme, lemme know if you don't wanna be tagged!
TAG: Caenan, Aithniel
WC: 639
Image Credit

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
AITHNIEL
Aithniel was lost in this foreign moment. Despite his language being the same as hers, the carefree cadence was so alien that she barely understood his meaning. She stared, unable to answer as she looked between the colt and the filly with hurt-filled silver eyes. Her heart was breaking watching them play, breaking because she realized that she would never have this moment again. Her past could never be changed. She could never be reborn.

The filly, Myrrine, invited her to play too, and she looked at the water with new eyes. Once sustenance and now a toy. Aithniel took a few more steps forward, ash falling from her winds like an apocalyptic storm. The two, nubs of horns grew backward between her ears, arching with strength. She was a hybrid, and she swung her leonine tail around her back legs, taking a deep breath and jumping into the water with a splash.

She felt out of her own body, as if unable to truly enjoy the simple act of playing with the two others. "I am Aithniel," she said. The hybrid watched as the girl shoved against the boy and ran off, and Aithniel gave chase, swift, cloven hooves carrying her over the spring grass easily. Her soft, fluffy wings pulled from her sides, giving her balance as she scampered, heart pounding hard.

The girl tried to make a banking turn, but the soft ground gave way beneath her hooves. She tumbled over and to the side, hooves skidding together and sparking a powerful burst of fire over her body. Aithniel pulled her wings to the side tightly as she twisted over, snorting and jerking back onto her feet. Grass stains greened the sides of her coat and mud stuck all the way down in her ears. She blinked silver eyes, looking up for her playmates.

Had she scared them off too?

[[Tagging is AWESOME! :D Thanks
@[Caenan] @[Myrrine] ]]
Image Credit

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

TierRen
Driving me insane
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

The filly's words made him stop cold for a moment. Was Caenan lonely? Would he, a pirate fit into a herd land? Myrrine's talk of her herd mates brought a sense of emptiness into his chest. Would being with a herd give him the same feeling that he had felt while with his former band? So many questions danced in his head and all were answer-less.

A blessing of a distraction from his own thoughts came whenever Aithneil tripped. The stallion quickly covered ground to get to the jumbled mess of the fallen girl. He forgot that the Aithneil was a perfect stranger and began to quickly feel her over for any injuries. She had burst into flame how could she not be harmed? What would he do if she was?

"That was a nasty fall m'dear! But I must say that you fall with definite flair." He grinned at her and hoped to see her lips also turn up. His goal for their time together was to see a toothy grin cross Aithneil's face. She was young; but behaved as one much older. "Ya certainly had a way of makin' a fall look cool!" Emerald eyes studied those of silver. Caenan wondered if this strange girl had any more surprises ready to pull out from under her wing.

"You two 'ave tuckered me out." They hadn't, but he wanted to find some activity to make both of the fillies feel comfortable. As if keeping one female happy wasn't hard enough. A good natured smirk made its way to his face at the thought. "Aithniel, how did you do that with the fire?"

He gave her time to answer before turning to his other new friend. Who wasn't delighted to talk about themselves? He had heard plenty of grown stallions talk about keeping a mare content by talking to her about herself. Surely it would work just as well with fillies.

"Miss Myrrine, who might this Ilios be?" A twinkle had lit up in his eyes. It sounded like someone had their first crush and it warmed the stallion's heart to the core.

@[Myrrine]

Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

Myrrine wasted no time in going faster, trying to avoid the hybrid filly with a new competitiveness. Of course, this came to a screeching halt when she turned to find her newfound friend on the ground, a spark of flame engulfing her for a brief moment, before she was on her feet and looking at them with those big silver eyes. Turning heel, Myrrine was quick to come back, nearly tumbling over her own legs in the process to check on the girl. Her nose was instantly sniffing Aithniel for any burns, hazel eyes looking over every inch of her to attempt and search for the source of fire, only to find nothing. Caenan had the same intentions, and was nosing her gently in search of any injuries. Listening to Caenan briefly she nodded in agreement, chiming in as well,"Are you alright? You seemed to have gotten yourself rather messy. Come, let's clean up in the river then lay in the sun to dry!"

Hoping the two would agree, the filly was working her way back to the waters, stepping into it calmly and bringing her lips to the surface, before whipping it against her sides to coat her spotted coat. Her eyes were still on the two, and at Caenan's comment she giggled once again, playfully shaking her head,"You're too young to be tuckered out! Now let's get our friend cleaned up!" Looking the silver beauty up and down, she smiled, still slightly curious as to how the girl had managed to catch fire. Did she have magic that granted her the ability? Or was it just sheer coincidence. She had seen many interesting things so far in Helovia, and was always open to new things possibly happening. If anything, she would have admired Aithniel for having unique powers, for she was left only with her little wings. Yes, they were beautiful in their own way, but she still felt so plain compared to all of those in this land. Her mind went to Ilios, whose eyes were laced with brilliant teal, and his wings adorned the same color. A smile graced her maw at the thought of him, before the male's words graced her receptors once again.

Her eyes widened at his question, stepping back and sputtering, trying to find an answer. The look in his eyes suggested that he thought said colt was someone special to her, and this caused her face to grow hot. Shaking her head to try and clear her jumbled mind, she planted her hooves firmly in the water, looking at him almost defiantly as she responded, though not very fluidly,"H-He's just a fellow member of The Edge. N-Nothing more." Why did she feel like she was lying? As if a bitter fib had just rolled off her tongue and into the river, drifting off into wherever the water dropped off to. Suddenly she didn't like this train of talking, not that she did in the first place, and so with a toss of her head she looked to Aithniel, clearly changing the subject,"So Aithniel, where do you live? What do you do there?" Please, tell me all about it so Caenan can stop looking at me like that, is what she added in her mind, only taking one glance at him before returning it back to the silver lass, smile bright and eyes focused entirely on her, interested and welcoming.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Myrrine ain't in the mood for Caenan's shit :P
TAG: @[Aithniel]
WC: 572
Image Credit