the Rift

[OPEN] frost fire

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
For @[Auriel] and anyone else!

VOLTERRA
you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far
Fluffy.

That's the colt's first thought as he steps from smooth grass onto chilly snow for the first time in his short life, glancing down in awe at the crunchy noise it makes under his hooves. Since birth he has been sticking closely to the safety of his dam's side, but as the days pass he finds himself growing ever more adventurous, youthful shyness replaced by boyish bravado and an eagerness to stick his furry little nose anywhere he possibly can. So far, Volterra is proving to be very taste-orientated, because he has a tendency to stick his tongue on anything he can possibly find in an attempt to ascertain what it is. Life for him is a series of flavours; the warm tang of milk, the yucky but curious flavour of grass when he tries to copy his mother and eat it, the sweet taste of his sister's flesh that's so similar to the flavour he gets when he bites his own sides to remove a fly. He'll undoubtedly grow out of this, but like a teething baby, the young volcano has an urge to put anything he finds in his mouth.

Obviously, the snow beneath his feet is no different. His crimson eyes shine with delight as he dives forwards, skidding on his knees in the padded moisture beneath him. He proceeds to lower his powerful young neck and take a great bite of the cold white fluff directly in front of him, chomping loudly as he tries to determine what it is. He gums at it, poking it around his mouth, until... "Coooooooooold!" The boy's wail rings out as the snow touches the roof of his mouth and sends an explosion of icy pain right up into his skull, making him squeal and spit the chunks out as fast as he possibly can. Even once his mouth is ice-free, the pain continues to spasm through his head, and even rubbing it against a foreleg doesn't seem to shift it. All he can do is stand still with a pout of utter disgust plastered on his lips, waiting for his brainfreeze to subside, looking like the picture of abject misery with snow coating his chest and forelegs and an expression of considerable pain on his young face.

Snow 1, Volterra 0.

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

I've calmed down over the past few weeks, that's for sure. Shida was off somewhere else, because she seemed to be rarely beside mom. Part of me was jealous, I mean, I hated her and all but some part of me still wanted a sister. Who else was I supposed to put-down on the weekends? Therefore, I have set it upon myself that I must go on an adventure of my own. Branch out. See cool things. The mountains that loomed to the north of the Falls seemed to be a good place to start. Even if I can't fly, I still want to see what they are. They look like mom, except with a little less color. I know mom has some cold magic or something, but was all white stuff like that just as cold?

My little hooves move awkwardly beneath me. I still haven't really gotten used to anything at this point. I was still gangly, and otherwise an ugly eyesore that hadn't grown into any of her features. This was a time to learn right? Considering i'd have to walk to wherever I was going, and back again, i'd have time to stumble and fall. It might not feel to great, but i've gotta learn to be independent at some point. One step in front of the other... i'll get the hang of this sometime, right?

It isn't long before the snowy things come into view. Immediately I recognize it as kind of what mom had. Her's was clear and solid, but this stuff was opaque and fluffy. Same difference though. Tentatively my tiny hooves paw at it, deciding at once that this should be easy enough to play and romp around it. It's then that I notice another thing off in the distance. What is it? It's black, and small, and looks kind of like a horse, but he has two red dots on his face instead of what would be eyes. I reach my nose out, thinking that maybe I could get a little closer, but of course, I can't. Off to figure this out!

As I get closer, I notice at once that something isn't right. It suddenly calls out that it is cold. I tilt my head, and flutter my wings in discomfort. Was this stuff really bad for you? Now I know I have to pick up my steps and prance over there like an awkward child. I need to know what this is. A few more steps and.. oh. It's a boy. Those exist... in baby form? No one else in the Falls was like me, except for Shida and I was beginning to think I was alone. Stepping one step closer, I reach out my nose, as if to try and comfort him. "Are you okay?" Whoa. So that's what I sound like. Considering I haven't really talked all that much even my own words surprise me. They roll around on my tongue a little, three words at once, it was toucher than it looked! It's alright though, today was a day of learning! "I'm Auriel." I add, and snort for the fun of it. My oh so character defining smoke billows out of my nostrils like a dragon. It was my only way to make an impact! I didn't have the power to blow things up, so horses needed to remember me somehow.

"talk talk talk"
@[Volterra]
Coding by Tamme

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
@[Auriel]

VOLTERRA
Finally the pain begins to subside, and the colt breathes a sigh of considerable relief. Looking down, he death-glares the snow, feeling the now-familiar surge of temper begin to bubble beneath the surface of his skin. Young he may be but already he has a taste for revenge, and a dastardly glint appears in his eye as he contemplates peeing on it - that would teach it a lesson for hurting his head! He's just about to release the power of his bladder when a voice jerks him aside, and his head turns to see a filly. Like the one that exploded stuff in his face, this one has a horn, but, just to make things even more complicated, she also has wings. Greedy red gaze focuses immediately on these wings, lower lip ejecting in a childish pout. Life sucks. Not only does he have a twin with a dragon and magic when he has neither, he doesn't even have a horn, or wings, or both. There were some lucky bastards in this world.

His fit of temper is forgotten - as is his idea of revenge, because it's rude to pee in front of a girl - as the hybrid extends her nose as though to comfort him. Not one for boundaries, and being quite fond of physical contact, Volterra gleefully seeks to bump his nose against hers in greeting, nostrils flaring to give her a good sniff. She smells like girl, but not sister-girl like Nymeria, or mother-girl like Ma, or even dragon-girl like his sire's bonded - she holds the scent of a herd, but the young beast is not yet able to identify such things. He has a sudden urge to lick her like he does with everything else, but decides that's probably not the best idea. Licking people is not a good way to make friends.

"I'm okay," he says, because he is now. The pain has gone as quickly as it came, and he shoots another filthy look at the snow. Like seemingly everybody else, it must have magic to make your brain ache. "Don't try and eat this stuff, it makes your head hurt," he advises kindly. He stomps one feathered hoof down on the snow, continuing to give it the stink-eye. Bad snow. Gonna pee on you later. The strange filly snorts and smoke billows from her nostrils, just like how it billowed from the nostrils of Father's dragon. Those inquisitive red eyes of his widen, putting two and two together and getting five - she has a horn, she has wings, she has smoke in her nose. She must be a dragon, like Cynder! Maybe one that can shapeshift into a filly? "Are you a dragon?" he asks bluntly, gazing across at her with wide-eyed awe.

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

prissy
Auriel

He was certainly a boy. That was for sure. He smelled like Midas and dad, just a lot younger. And smaller. And a different color. That still made him a boy though, right? I blow back at his nose just as he does mine, taking it in and remembering it. He was rare, obviously, cause he was the only tiny boy she had ever met.

I listen intently as he talks of the snow, apparently it hurts you... Really? I look at him with a look of confusion, and put my head down to lick the snow. Mom had ice, and as long as I didn't try to bite a lot off, it provided a cool, weird feeling. Like water.. except a lot colder. Maybe it was frozen water! Tentatively I stick my tongue out, licking a little bit of it up. It still tastes a little weird on my mostly gum-filled mouth, so I know I'm making a weird biting face. It's cold, and it hurts the inside of my mouth but that it. I spit the rest out onto the ground, this stuff was not good. Ice was a lot easier to eat, and it didn't disappear in my mouth right as I bit it off. "Maybe I should've listened to you.." I mutter, looking at him sheepishly. Although I can't see why it hurt his head... how does your brain freeze? I want to try to take more, but after the little bit I had eaten, I'm sure more would not be safe. Maybe then I would experience head pain and death.

But then, a most absurd question pops from his mouth. My eyes widen, and I spin around, only to find that no giant thing was over my head. Edgar had told me about scaly things that flew, and he said they were dragons. Or lizards. Or something like that. Slowly, I turn back around and.. oh, he was talking about me? "Uhm... no?" I say, kind of confused. "Im just a horse... as far as I know." Now I was really, really confused. Was I not a horse? Was dad not my dad? Was mom a lie?! Wait... that would mean Shida wasn't related to me. Oh my God.. if this is true, this is the worlds greatest news ever! "Am I a dragon?" I ask him, excitement filling my voice now. If he can tell me i'm a dragon, then I know that I can breathe fire. I look in his eyes then, and notice the deep red color. Could red eyes see dragons? Because fire was red. "Oh man, do your eyes see red things?!" I ask, shocked. Little did I know that dragons weren't actually red, but thats what they are to me.

"talk talk talk"
@[Volterra]
Coding by Tamme

VOLTERRA
He mustn't have a trustworthy face because, heedless of his warning, the filly proceeds to lick the snow. On your head be it! He scans her face for the inevitable reaction of pain, eager to discover if it's just him or if, indeed, the snow has evil properties. Sure enough, she spits it out, and the colt nods decisively. "Yup, you should." Valuable life lesson learnt: always listen to Volterra, he gives good advice! Mostly. Except for the time he tried to cajole Nymeria into eating poop for the - excuse the pun - shits and giggles.

He leans slightly forwards as she speaks, unable to hide his excitement about hearing her answer. Is she a dragon? If so, he has so got to bring her home to Ma and Nymeria. But he deflates at her response, each tuft of fluff seeming to sink into his body as his mouth downturns in abject misery. She's not a dragon? Just a regular horse? What a load of poop! "But, but...you've got horns, 'n wings, 'n you breathe smoke. My Pa's dragon did that too." And, in Volterra logic, anything with wings and horn and smokey nostrils must ergo be a dragon. There could be no other explanation.

But then she seems to question herself, and hope returns. He begins to inflate again, stepping around her to stare at her tail. He gets so close to it that it probably appears as though he's trying to sniff her butt, which he of course wouldn't do because that's gross. "Hrm, I dunno. My Pa's dragon had fire at the end of her tail, too. Maybe...maybe you're a different kind of dragon?" That would be pretty cool as well, he reasons. Her question puzzles him and he thinks for a moment, head cocked and one ear floppy whilst the other stands erect, circling slightly as he ponders. "I don't think so? But I dunno, 'cos I've never seen outta anybody else's eyes, so I dunno if everybody else sees what I see, or if I'm weird." That sounded better in his head. "What's your name?" he questions.

prissy
Auriel

I can't help myself from being sucked into the fact that I could probably be a dragon. That would be so cool! So I can't help but steps tentatively closer to the dragon expert as he describes what exactly a dragon is. Apparently his dad has one, that's cool! My mom has a bird-thing, but it isn't a normal bird cause it has a cold power to like mom. Maybe they were born together, and that's why mom has wings! Maybe I'm a bird and a dragon, which means... dad's a dragon! If this boy is correct of course, if he's wrong, and I go announce I'm a dragon, I can't have that. I cannot look stupid. Especially when I have some names to live up to. I need to grow up strong, and awesome, and smart, which means, I need to track down some information when I go back to the Falls today. "Maybe I am.. hmm. I know that when I blow the smoke out of my mouth it makes horses do some weird things. I mean, really weird. It only happens when I blow it at them though, otherwise I just breathe it out normally. Maybe I'm a smoke dragon instead of.. what was it? A fire-tailed dragon?" That make the most sense. My voice trails off along with my thoughts.. what would this mean for me? Would the Falls keep me? SOOO many questions, and more and more just kept pouring in.

I suddenly jolt out of my weird stare-like state when he asks my name and I poke my nose at him accusingly. "Obviously you didn't pay attention to me!" I said, hurt that he couldn't pay attention to me. I had a pretty name! I was proud of it! So now I had to re-do my awesome introduction scheme again. So I puff my chest out, lift my head and puff more smoke out of my nose. "Auriel." I stated with pride, before looking to him with a sneaky side glance. Then I snake my head forward like an interrogator. "But the better question is.. who are you?" I pull my head back slowly, and keep my side glance on him, assessing him as he moves. I can't help but stare at his eyes though, I'm so jealous! I wasn't gifted with much color, other than the blue streak behind my mane. I kind of faded into the background a lot, so I was so, so jealous of him. I was just a pale disaster that could pass as sand. "Are you the only one of your family? Do you have any other siblings?!" I question, I can't contain myself at the prospect of having more small horses to talk to. Maybe one was like me and Shida, and everyone had a second like part to them. That would mean so many more adventures, and much more knowledge. Knowledge is power, obviously. So I must meet all the small horses.

"talk talk talk"
@[Volterra] Also I forgot to ask, but would you like to be tagged? xD I just remembered so sorry if i've been spamming the inbox!
Coding by Tamme

OOC: I don't mind either way! But yeah you can carry on as it helps remind me :D How about you? @[Auriel] also oops I totally spaced and didn't see she'd said her name >.>

VOLTERRA
Boyish curiosity overtakes him, and he tilts his head. "What kinda weird things?" Naturally, his lack of self-preservation means he's tempted to ask her to breathe it on him, just to see what happens. "Yeah, maybe you're a smoke dragon. That's kinda cool, too." His nosy gaze travels to her wings, then, practically bouncing up and down on his hooves in his eagerness to see her fly. He has always been in awe of the birds, so free as they dance in the heavens - his father would be disgusted if he could see his youngest son so in awe of the pegasi he hates, but Volterra is not privvy to his sire's blinkered loathing. "Your wings are pretty awesome, can you fly?" It's a valid question, he thinks. After all, he's seen a couple of birds who can't fly, furry little fledglings fresh from the nest.

Embarassment colours the flesh beneath his fur as she reveals she's already said her name - he was so engrossed in his brainfreeze that he hadn't noticed. "Oops," he says, ears flopping sadly. "I'm not so good with the listening, 'specially when it's my Ma telling me it's bedtime." The young titan is quite adept at utilising selective hearing when it suits him, but on this occasion it had been a genuine accident that he'd missed her very pretty name. "I'm Volterra." He notices she's staring at his eyes, and he can't help but flutter them innocently, to display the blood-red pupils. He's quite proud of his eyes, even moreso because they are identical to his twin. On an otherwise bland black-and-white body, they stand out lividly - in the future they will burn as he razes everything to the ground, but for now they're simply pretty rubies glimmering in a sharp-boned head.

At her question he puffs up visibly, going slightly starry-eyed as he thinks of Nymeria. "I have a twin sister called Nymeria. She's the best." And that is glowing praise coming from him. "I think my Pa has a bunch of other kids not with my Ma, but I've never met them. So it's just me and Nym." Devotion didn't even begin to cover the twins' relationship - creepy might come a tad closer, especially as they age. "How 'bout you?" From what he'd heard, twins were fairly rare...although then again, Shida had mentioned she had a twin and she is the only other foal he'd ever met, so maybe they weren't so rare after all.

prissy
Auriel

He asked her about the weird things, and honestly I didn't know. All I knew is that her throat was so dry. It hurt afterward, and the horses would go crazy. I honestly had no idea how to explain it. "I.. I don't really know." I admitted, defeated. "I could use it on you, it doesn't kill anyone, but I really don't actually know what happens in their head. It only lasts for a little bit." I said with a shrug. Should he want to know, he'd have to find out for himself. My childish mind could not explain to him what went on, and frankly, I didn't know if I'd ever figure it out. He moved onto my wings now.. and, well, I still wasn't skilled. I turned to look at them, lifting one at a time before flapping wildly at my side. Little snow-nados formed under my beating wings, but that was really it. Right after I was done, everything just settled back onto the ground. "That's all I can do.. I know my mom can go into the air with them, but I don't know how to do that." I was beginning to be really embarrassed. How was I such an unskilled child? Shida had already gotten a hold of her magic, and here I was, still not know what I did, or how to even use my body.

I was happy when we moved to the topic of his mother. Apparently he never listened ever. I didn't like to listen, but I had to. I didn't want to disobey mom. "I know what you mean. I just pay attention to everything, my mom says it's good for me to learn as much as possible. However, it's nice to meet you Volterra, cool name to!" I say with a smile, I wonder how he got it. My name was fun to say, it rolled off the tongue in a nice way. His was different, it caught on the tongue a little, but drew you in for a smooth ending. Quite nice. Even his eyes are mysterious. It's weird, but I pull myself away. All I am, like I keep reminding myself, is a small dusty smudge on a world that wanted to eat me. I needed to get control of this life sooner or later, I needed to spread my wings and get out. Maybe then, some horses would respect me. I wanted them to know I was on their side, until they crossed me.

What's even more interesting about this "Volterra" is that he has a sister! A twin! Nymeria was her name, I'd have to remember that incase I ran into her some day. He has older siblings though to, which is cool. I hope he gets to meet them someday. They'd be able to help him. For now, at least he seemed to genuinely like his sister. That's nice. Mine and Shida's relationship was.. I don't really know. I want to like her, but she's just so different from me. I think it makes us drift apart, but maybe one day she'll like me. "I have a twin too.." I begin slowly, trying to word my phrases correctly. I liked Shida, and I respected her, so I didn't want to make her sound bad. Even if she was explosive, I would be the calm to her crazy, whether she liked it or not. "Her name is Shida, although really you'll just know her 'cause she likes to blow stuff up all the time. I like her, but she can be a little weird sometimes. If you ever run into her, I just need you to like her a little bit, even if you don't want too. If I can do it, you can too." I finish decisively. Even if she hated me, I didn't want her to have a bad rap. Everyone deserved respect, even Shida. "So..." I wanted to ask one more thing. "Can I try my magic on you, because I was serious about that offer. I can understand if not, but i'd like to know what happens afterwards." My voice trailed off as I shuffled my feet, moving the snow into a tiny pile between my front hooves. I just wanted to be able to flaunt my magic to. Otherwise all I had to do was breath smoke, and that got old really quick to a lot of horses.

"talk talk talk"
@[Volterra] haha no problem! :)
Coding by Tamme

@[Auriel] What exactly does her magic do? Cause hallucinations, or just make people go wild like it says on her page? Just so I know how to have him be affected xD

VOLTERRA
He can't help it - he's too nosy for his own good. "Try it on me and I'll tell ya!" he demands happily. Because clearly nothing could possibly go wrong asking someone to use their barely-controlled magic on him! Those greedy eyes turn hungrily to her wings as she flaps them to create a small whirlwind of snow, much to the colt's delight. His brow furrows as she mentions not being able to fly with them, however. "Have you tried? The best way to do something is just keep trying until you do it!" The best comparison he can make is when he was first born, and it took him several tries before he could stand up - how many times did he fall straight back over before his spindly legs co-operated? And really, how much harder could flying be?

She compliments his name and he puffs out slightly with pride. "Thanks! Pa said his dad's name was similar, and he wants me to be strong like his dad was." Terra, Tyra...it was something of a theme running down the bloodline, in addition to earth-related magic. And bonding to a dragon early on in life, but Volterra just isn't that lucky. He is magicless, dragonless, hornless and wingless.

His attention is quickly stolen away from his morose musings on his uselessness when she reveals that she, too, is a twin. Eyes turn plate-sized, a delighted grin blossoming across his fragile young features. They begin to boggle as she describes her sister, the description fitting the girl he'd met in the Heavenly Fields. Penchant for blowing shit up? Check. A twin? Check. Weird? Double check. Small world. "Hey, I met her! She was kinda cool. Kept blowing stuff up though." Including delicious flowers, RIP pink tasties. "I think I liked her. She was nice, in a weird, bouncy way." Volterra is usually a serious creature, but Shida had brought out the child in him, and that's something he appreciated.

Auriel's offer is gratefully accepted, given he'd requested that very thing - yes, he was definitely up to being a lab rat. "Go for it!" He spreads his stick-like limbs to anchor his balance against the snow, determination flashing across his face. This should be fun.

prissy
Auriel

I was impressed that he was so eager to let me test my magic. Not many would willingly submit to scientific testing. So I smiled, but let it slide for now, along with the comment about my wings. I have zero control over them, I knew that. If I could barely get off the ground, how was I supposed to even start flying? I would've asked him, but I am afraid that he would be bitter because of his lack of wings. Shida wasn't exactly happy about my wings, so I am kind of afraid to ask for help from anyone who doesn't have them. Maybe one day i'd find another hybrid like me who could fly.

The way he talks about his dad to is really nice. I wish I knew mine more, but he's more Shida's type. I'm a little to calm, and to shy to even talk to my own dad. I liked sticking by mom's side. Venturing any further usually resulted in fear. Like when I first saw Volterra, although I wanted an adventure I was unsure of how he would react.

What I really was interested in though, was the fact that he knew my sister. Well, she was definitely beating me in the social department. I offer a small smile and nod in agreement. Shida's really cool, that's undeniable. "She does that. It's just her little quirk." I said with a small smile. "Im really glad you did. I hope you two became friends because I'd think it'd be good for her to have people to share her talents with." Whoa, big girl words. They felt weird in my mouth, but it sounded right. I just needed to make sure everyone was good and happy. Anyone sad and down would just kill me. Everyone being happy was something I liked to make sure would happen.

I wait timidly as the words slide off my tongue again about my magic. Yet, again he jumped on the chance like an eager boy. I smiled, taking a step closer. The space closed rather quickly, as I leaned in towards his face. It felt really weird being this close to someone else. Besides mom and Shida in the womb, this was really the closest I've been to anyone. Taking a moment, I breathed in deeply. I held it for a moment, and tried to lock my little eyes with his, telling him he has at least one more second to decide. Finally, I puff it out of my nose. It billows around my nose in a huge cloud. 'Now!' I though, quickly breathing in again taking the smoke into my mouth. One, two.. I released it. The cloud went to move around his face if he hand't moved by this point. I watch him, now really, really worried. If anything happened to him, I'd be in deep trouble. Not to mention, that would not be the greatest way to start my life. I knew my magic had been released, for my throat felt like it was on fire. It burned, and I coughed heavily trying to rid myself of the bitter stinging dryness. I didn't like that feeling, but it was the only way I knew the magic was working. Normally my smoke didn't hurt, but this exhale with it again seemed like it was meant to kill me. Maybe I was right, I was born to die soon.

"talk talk talk"
@[Volterra] It just makes them go wild, so I'm assuming you can either make it a good crazy or bad crazy. I kind of envisioning them just becoming extremely hyperactive to the point they don't really control their movements, if that makes sense. xD
Coding by Tamme

@[Auriel]

VOLTERRA
He wishes he had a 'little quirk' like Shida - being able to blow stuff up would be so useful. Whenever somebody annoyed him, boom! Whenever he was bored, boom! Alas, it is not to be. He has to make do with the amulet slung around his neck and his own promises that he will one day obtain everything his family has, and more.

Despite his outward show of fearlessness, his heart speeds up slightly as she moves closer. He's suddenly painfully aware that this filly likely knows next to nothing about what her magic can do, and it could well turn his brain to mush or something equally as disgusting. But he isn't going to back down and seem like a coward now, so he stands up straight and hopes for the best as he locks his eyes with hers. She exhales a cloud of smoke and it drifts like a thunderstorm ominously towards him - he stands his ground and fights the urge to hold his breath. Smoke filters into his mouth, into his nostrils, and he splutters once, twice, waiting for the inevitable. At first nothing happens, and he looks suitably shocked at how worried he'd got over nothing. "Are you sure you...did...it....riiiiiiiiiiiighhttt!" His sentence begins almost scornfully, but ends in something close to a squeal because suddenly, every fibre in his body feels alive. Electricity surges through him, his crimson eyes rolling into his head as his limbs begin to twitch and, without his express permission, he's galloping away over the snow faster than he's ever ran before. His ears are slicked to his head with the sheer speed of him, tail streaming like a banner behind him.

He can't help it - he simply has to run, to move, to rampage around like a kid on a sugar high. He bucks, whinnies, kicks out his heels and runs, adrenaline surging through him and seeming to prevent any exhaustion setting in. He is wild, surging through the snow without a care, his legs carrying him without any urging from him. He has no idea how long it lasts, but when the sensation eventually dies down he crumples into a heap in the snow at Auriel's feet, heaving with fatigue. His young body has been pushed to and past its limit, and it hurts. Every muscle screams, his lungs desperately trying to drag in draughts of icy air to refuel them. "That...was...weird," he gasps, tangled in the snow in a nest of his own legs. Well, I think that answered our question about what her magic does!

prissy
Auriel

At this point, I'm solely focused on Volterra. If he's so willing to be a test subject, then I must know! I can't stop coughing afterward, it's a painful wheeze and it feels like someone stuff rocks down my throat. Volterra on the other hand, seemed completely fine! That wasn't fair! Why did I have a power that just hurt me?!

Oh my goodness. No. It worked.

I stare in awe, a smile creeping across my face like a child at Christmas. His erratic movements seem to be out of his control as he hops around. Snow is going everywhere, black hair is a flying, and sand-papery laughter is radiating from me. At this point, if he dies, I'll feel really bad. If he doesn't, then, oh my goodness this is so cool! He continues to run around, like, a lot. My pale eyes study carefully, do people go crazy for my smoke?! Thats so.. so... badass! Oh, a bad word. Uhm, it's so coolio!

It doesn't last much longer after that though, and he collapses at my feet. All I can do is smile and nudge his shoulder with my nose. The not-painful smoke is bubbling around my face like a pipe. I can't hold in my excitement! "THAT WAS SO COOL!" I scream, but my throat does not approve and it comes out kind of scraggly, like a boy hitting puberty. "You did awesome! Oh my goodness!" My voice cracks again at the end as I bound around happily to face him, lowering my smokey nose to his face to show him my smile. He's made me the happiest girl alive! "I can't thank you enough!! Im going to learn so much now.." My voice trails off, as I look around. No one else was here to relish in the knowledge. I needed to share it though! Especially with Shida, she'd def appreciate it. "Well Volterra.. I NEED TO GO TELL OTHERS!" I screech, eyes growing even wider with excitement. I can't just leave him there though, so it'd probably be good to ask if he's okay. "Are you okay though, like for real? Can you get home?" I murmur, waiting for his response. I don't wait long though, because I need to go tell everyone! Hark! Auriel has arrived! "Come to the Hidden Falls sometime! I'll be there most of the time! So will Shida. So. Maybe we can meet up again?" My throat is so dry that I literally sound like a kid hyped up on helium who is going through a very, very, very bad puberty time. I bound towards the Falls, but I do stop, just incase he needs me. Cause, It'd be rude to leave him in such a vulnerable state.

"talk talk talk"
@[Volterra] sorry this took a bit! I hope this is a little wrap up but if Volt wants her to stay she can talk still :)
Coding by Tamme

@[Auriel] I'm fine ending it! We should def have another thread in the future tho!

VOLTERRA
The nudge on his shoulder makes him feel like he's about to topple over sideways, so exhausted is he. His thin chest heaves, long legs shaking dangerously. Whenever he moves, his muscles scream their objection. He is most definitely not created to make so much movement, not without training. In a few months he will surely be able to run that far without breaking a sweat, but right now he is but a child, weak and new to the world. His muscles aren't used to such movement, his lungs ill-suited for such a quick intake of cold air.

But, on the plus side, Auriel seems happy. He perks up at her gratitude, chest puffing back out slightly. He did a good thing. He made a girl happy, and that's got to be a plus, right? He might even have made himself a friend. She asks if he's okay to get home and he nods, full of masculine bravado - truthfully he thinks he may well collapse here and sleep it off, but he wouldn't say that in front of a girl. "I'll be fine. I'm strong, see. Can run for ages." Liar! His heaving chest and rapid snorts probably give the game away, but hey, he gets points for trying. She invites him to these Hidden Falls, whatever they are, and he beams. Fun with her and Shida? Definitely. Maybe he'll even drag Nymeria along and they can have twin contests. "Yeah! Was nice to meet you, Auriel." He gives her a gentlemanly dip of his head, because that's what stallions seemed to do and it strikes him as only right.

Despite his tiredness, she is still within sight, so he forces himself to break into a trot back towards home, as if to say nope, nothing wrong here. His muscles beg for mercy and his breath still catches in his throat as his legs slog against the thick snow, but that's preferable to looking like a weakling in front of his new friend.