the Rift

[PRIVATE] Forging gold (Essetia)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Torn, screaming for a cease even as my mind is spinning upon its axles for more destruction; running. Out of control. This violence beget a monster, the very thing I'd strived to never become. Yon child can see it when those pools turn to me for mercy. I've none to give, even as she starts to run. Defeated. I can't comprehend.

It wasn't until these eyes witnessed her fall; and my soul felt a sudden wash of satanic satisfaction -- a desire to kill. The horrible notion is so revoltingly against my nature. Tis enough to make me realize my horrible mistake. Earth suddenly went silent, chillingly still. I stare at her crippled frame awestruck, horrified. In total disbelief at what I'd nearly done. The world is frozen, even the waterfall has fallen silent for me. There is an acidic taste upon my tongue, it sickens my gut; blood, copper and it wasn't my own. Crown falls forward and let's my head hang low.

The slash on my shoulder pulls painfully, a firm reminder that this wasn't a dream (nar, nightmare) I wonder how a simple evening could turn so shockingly altered. The spy rises slowly, turning away. Walking away. I look up and felt my feet shuffle a step forward, "W-wait..." that raspy whisper is unfamiliar, it sounds like the groan of an old man. My right leg is cold, the fur around that hoof is painted red. Stained gold. "Hold, I say. " Vocals are rising, I stifle cringing as this beat up body quickens to catch the fleeing shadow, "Tell me..." spent, each breath comes fast and shallow, "Why did ye provoke me?"
Some legends are told
Some turn to dust or to gold
Image Credit

@Essetia

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
<style> .esse::first-letter { color: #F8F5E6; display: block; padding: 0 10px 0 0; font-size: 42px; font-style: italic; float: left; text-transform: lowercase; line-height: 85%; font-family: 'Times'; } .esse i { color: #F8F5E6; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #306672; font-size: 15px; font-style: italic; line-height: 12px; } </style>
Emptiness replaced anger, frustration, and confusion. There was nothing left of Essetia that she wished to give, words included.

However, his pleas gridlocked the young Sleuth. She was torn between acknowledging them and avoiding the evident question hanging upon his dark lips. She had been foolish in her hopes to start fresh, she knew that now. She had given up the comforts of her home and her family for this. The Edge had been her birthplace and the only remaining evidence of her familial ties. But she had chosen the Hidden Falls upon her return to Helovia in hopes of a new beginning. Now it felt more like a black, shadowy pit more apt to consume whatever innocence remained in her soul.

She had been robbed of her childhood and no longer felt obligated to nurture superficial bonds created by title alone. Mother, father, sister, brother… they were but terms used to contain the mind and Essetia did not wish to be tied.

The pain that pulsed softly from flesh wounds inflicted by the gold-tipped Lord did nothing to conceal the pain blooming in her heart. Clearly, she had given him the wrong idea... She had misread his distress and come to pay the price. She did regret her sudden approach because it lacked explanation, but did the stallion truly receive her as foe? Did she not carry their native scent upon her skin? She understood his confusion to a degree and yet stood haggard before him, lucky enough that her bones were but one entity. But Essetia could live with weakness no longer and when his pleading grew hard and unyielding, a command, she turned slowly to face him with cold, unfeeling eyes. “Wait for what?” she barked bitterly.

Had he not done enough? Did he think that words would heal the rift formed between them? It was all too apparent to Essetia that their spar had been more… for it possessed a darkness that yet lingered and make her skin crawl. Her legs quivered from the fall and her wounds thrummed with a dull ache, but her eyes were white fire. “I don’t have to tell you anything,” she spat while gesturing to the trembling of overextended joints caused by her fall.

In an attempt to allow him a good look at the damage he’d caused, Essetia stepped closer. “One does not simply stir up magic and sand because they are of sound mind friend. I gave you outlet and you intended to see me lame. Tell me, can your healers mend separated bone? Can they erase the memory of foul play?” she bit harshly.

Her place in the Falls was a fragile one but anger had turned the mare from good nature and good sense. The bite of it was an everlasting plague that knew no cure.
@[Midas]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
It was well within her right to walk away.

She knew nothing of me and saw only what presented on the outside. Using expression as an assumption. Except the thing was, assumptions tend to make asses out of its victims. I'm rendered speechless that this woman felt any righteous cause for striking without warning, without word. The air that escapes these lips is a heavy sigh, carrying my pent frustration. Yar, no man would ever fully grasp the ways of women.

Dark brows furrow toward her tone and sharp words; even as a fresh wave of guilt seeps over the brim of my soul. I hadn't meant to inflict true harm, "Thee sees me as a stranger. If ye did know me. Thee would also know that I often come by water to practice." Tone is soft, lacking previous resentment -- tis shrouded in sorrow for the dead rage that would've caused further destruction if left unchained, "Power grows strongest when pressed often," was this strange girl even capable of understanding my reasoning, did she even care? I hadn't told anyone of Seele's passing... "There was never intent..." crown lowers, "I cry ye pardon." Words wouldn't mend, but they were a necessity. This soul was sorely sorry for my reaction to the situation, tis poorly handled and a failed test for a Falls king. "I...lost control." What more could be said.

This spy had pushed me over an edge and beyond. It was by some miracle that I'd returned.

Some legends are told
Image Credit

@Essetia
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

<style> .esse::first-letter { color: #F8F5E6; display: block; padding: 0 10px 0 0; font-size: 42px; font-style: italic; float: left; text-transform: lowercase; line-height: 85%; font-family: 'Times'; } .esse i { color: #F8F5E6; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #306672; font-size: 15px; font-style: italic; line-height: 12px; } </style>
They were but two stone walls, erected only to fell the other. Essetia had been born of the Gentle Heart but the mare was less than genial now. Her blood had been heated in battle and her anger flourished, a rare flower across her plains. She couldn’t find it within herself to acknowledge the man’s fatigue or the way he sighed in exasperation at her reprisal, but there was yet a light behind her pale eyes. She had to make it work. She feared the outcome should she be forced to wander once again… It was a horrific notion that weighed heavily on her mind.

As if fettered by physical grievances, Essetia dropped her head, relenting. Her wounds responded in kind; a special brand of punishment for her irrational decisions. However, her words were still bitter, self-preserving, “And here I stand a fool, a rock in the river, still wondering how I fit into this family,” she breathed. She’d been greeted, entitled, and thrown into their midst a stranger… a mere flicker of her former flame. Perhaps it was well enough that things ended that way.

They were yet at odds, both approaching the stream from opposing banks and opposing reason. But the mare softened at his words because they reminded her of her own grief, her own suffering and mindless greed. She couldn’t determine what heaviness bent his knee, but the pain was evident- she could nearly see it there upon his shoulders, “I’m sorry… I spoke out of turn,” she whispered.

After all, this man was not meant to carry her woes.

He attempted apology and explanation but it mattered not. Essetia had already forgiven , “Save your words. They're not needed here. I’ve seen the error in my ways….” she offered weakly. But had she? Or was this another wronged endeavor, a thwarted effort to regain herself?

Perhaps it was best she help herself before trying to fix another’s flaws.

Who are you anyways?
@[Midas]

OOC| Eh, all that woman stuff going on- sorry.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas

That river was life and it would continue to tumble this girl; thrash her among the bottom until those rough edges are silken smooth. Experience sanded and polished all children of the flesh, though not all would withstand a mold. They broke, splintered and took thrice as long to become glossy.

I was quiet, bowed because an unseen weight was pressing upon my neck. She revoked my acceptance of blame; honorably taking regret from striking unannounced? Or did this child of night doubt my sincerity? Either way, the topic was pressed on a back burner. Toward her question I replied, "Midas, Czar of Hidden Falls."

An avian cry fills the quiet space between us; tis distant, but I knew the owner immediately. Yon raptor wasn't some ordinary bird of prey. Her voice holds animosity, whelped by a fierce desire to protect. Our conversation was about to receive an interruption because the act of battle had sealed my mind from our bond for the fleetest of moments. Now I could feel their anxiety as it came flooding into my soul like a wave crashing violently upon the shore. Though these emotions are born from another creature, it has a physical effect that leads to a racing pulse.

Another ear piercing shriek, closer now.

Velvet senses drift back a notch, a warning they would see from above, "Midas!?" Fina hissed, telling signs of worry drifting into her tone. "Hold," vocals are strained but firm, "I'm fine." Yar, a leisure word that masks truth...I'm far from 'fine.' Soundless, Neve glides in from behind me, she's a silver light who seems well suited for evening travel. Her immature frame is followed by a sister; whom takes pride in sharply contrasting the eve. This mythical child of sunfury very nearly snarls at the mare who caused blood to be wasted. I glance their way sharply and make a wordless motion for peace. Neve lands on a nearby branch, trembling from nerves, still frightened. She'd watched the first half of our scuffle, but when my mind grew dark, shut off...she fled to find plan B.

"Aye, this is Fina," muzzle drifts to the flaming girl who'd taken a protective place on my rear. Said avian huffs a reply, her flaming breast flares in an unnessary show of strength. It didn't take translation to understand that neither are in a greeting mood, "and Neve," being the gentler of this pair, she merely looks on with those steely eyes. "What does thee go by?" Attention is finally returned.

Some legends are told
Image Credit

@Essetia

A wide rift had been formed within her soul, one that had been born of the chains that still fettered the girl to her mother and father. The metal carried a distinct taste that, if rubbed across the tongue, reminded one of blood and loss. Essetia was compelled to swallow it now because her pride and her heedlessness had condemned her… and in the presence of her Czar no less!

Essetia attempted to remove the iron that coated her teeth but it was not easily influenced despite the pressing of bruised lips to the yellowed bone. It is nice to put a name to the face, she murmured quietly. The child was certainly mortified that had acted so foolishly, but it did bring her closer to understanding- whatever that meant for a filly birthed into a life founded on utter confusion.

But Midas allowed her no such luxury; or perhaps it was Fina who thought to rob the mare of momentary self-inflicted ridicule.

The Phoenix could be heard before she was seen which did arouse a certain suspicion in Essetia’s own heart. Just where had Romul gone off to? The mare could not yet find him close to mind and began to shift about nervously when a second Phoenix appeared from beyond the trees. Midas called the second one Neve, but Essetia nearly missed the introduction for worry had made place in her chest and quickened her pulse. Romul?

I’m Essetia,-” she offered distractedly as her eyes slicked from the stallion to his companions and then to the quiet tree line in turn- each image forcing a new wave of panic into her rattled bones.
I’m here, came a deep, hostile response.

The wolf did not come snarling or ugly, but there was a soft rage blooming across the invisible tie that weaved from his soul to Essetia’s. I could not look, he warned on guttural breath. He… not friend Ess. However, the canine’s admonition did little to deter his companion from suffering the weight of guilt at having struck her Czar without reason.

Her mind had simply acted before her tongue…

At long last Romul appeared from the West, his shoulders hunched and his golden eyes shrouded in the shadows of night. “-and this is Romul” the mare added sheepishly. Though the wolf was a virile image, a perfect example of his species, he looked quite odd at Essetia’s flank. He had always been quite her opposite but their differences had grown more noticeable with age. When the mare’s pale eyes were turned upon him, the wolf grunted sharply with hackles raised. His fire never seemed to burn low regarding his genial companion and at times he sought to ravage the forests at her hooves if only to see her appeased.

However, other times he was quite unpredictable as his freedom of choice had been the one thing Essetia had not wanted to see chained.

I’m glad to have met all of you… and hope to find a day when I can laugh at all of this.
@[Midas]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
Fina huffs accusingly at our new arrival. (As if somehow it made perfect sense for all the blame to be diverted to yon wolf.) Her slitted raptor eyes flash angrily, they glitter and narrow into a fine hard line. "Peace," I murmur aloud when a fresh snarl whelps in the back of her throat... tis unneeded and silenced by a warning stare. Another discontented huff and sulking look simmers on low heat; but for the moment at least, Fina settles and falls stoic. Ebony crown angles his way, aimed toward offering an apologetic smile. It wasn't my intent to encourage rude behavior. Essetia's words of the future and a possible jest cause me to grin all the wider.

Previously strained features gentle to a softer more genuine representation of that fatherly soul who lay beneath enhanced layers of protection. "Perhaps the aid of a healer will see such a day hastened." Yar, at least these wounds are clotting, numbing, dripping less. I remaining still, unmoving out of concern that the spy or her pale canine would feel further offended. "Would ye tolerate my company to a Medic?" An attempt to amend my mistakes; show kindness by action, absent empty words...prove that I wasn't a wrathful king. Though she was welcome to turn me aside -- rejection was expected and certainly deserved. After our scuffle I seriously doubted the dark lady desired to spend much time lingering in my presence tonight.
Some legends are told
Image Credit

@Essetia

Essetia chuckled lightly at Fina and her resilience, even if it came at Romul’s expense. Of course, the wolf cared little for the Phoenix and her misguided blame because he was too distracted by the wounds his companion wore like a disguise. Blood, dirt, and sweat colored her hide in various ugly hues and Romul fretted over their existence like a worried mother would her child. He had softened before them all, his cold nature replaced with something warm and akin to love before he set to licking Essetia’s ankles. It was a display of utter submission and trust- something the wolf did not often share with bystanders. But, the circumstances had given him reason to abandon his nature and grovel at Essetia’s heels.

Yet the mare was soon distracted by the soft words of her Czar and she nodded enthusiastically at the notion he presented. A healer would see an end to her pain even if her mind was still troubled by the day and the events that had transpired. She questioned whether or not she would be able to overcome the humiliation she felt when seeing Midas beyond that night. However, the fatigue she felt seemed to hinder further deliberation and again she agreed to the stallion’s request to see her to a medic. “Thank you, that would be lovely... But please, don’t linger for my sake,” she soothed while glancing down to Romul. “I’m in capable hands.

Essetia didn’t want Midas to fuss over her by any means nor did she require his pity. But there was a small part of her that longed for his friendship… after all, they would have to learn to tolerate each other from that day forward. The least they could do was be cordial or maybe become trusted friends.
@[Midas]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
Essetia is either feeling particularly forgiving, merciful, obliged...or a combination of all. Whichever emotion moved her decision, the beaten lass agrees to my offer of atonement, and I'm grateful. Lips curl into a passive smile at the sight of Romul breaking his rigid stance to sooth Essetia. Neve cooed in response, becoming steadily more curious than angry. I glance at the fawning canine with a look of perfect understanding, "We walk the same path." At this Fina puffs up, entirely against spending more time with people she considered 'traitors.'

Thankfully, mercifully, the phoenix kept her personal thoughts directed inward. I started to gesture toward yon forest, even that slight bend made me regret the action almost instantly as the wound on my neck pinched another painful reminder, "I'm glad to travel it with ye." Stepping forward to head on, I pushed through the patchy shadows and brushed past Essetia without further words.

She'd either follow or find her own way.

A silver glow descends from yon timber, Neve lands silently to join her sister. Our walk wouldn't take long. I knew the lay of this land well enough to know where our Medic visits and beds. The sun child quickly grows bored of glaring and sulking, she decides to hasten our venture by rising from my spine and joining the search. "Thank ye," words of gratitude. She could sense pain and how my body was starting to stiffen. A visible limp beginning to show in my normally smooth gate. Didn't they say only in agony did one learn their weakness? All strength was only a facade of the fragile points it hid.

Some legends are told
Image Credit

@[Essetia]
@[Kiara]

There is a mounting peace in her heart that calms the bested mare, but it is peace that is accompanied with resolve. Midas is a fine Leader, an inspiration to his follower’s young heart and hopefully a friend as well. However, Essetia fears that she has already turned his eyes from her as a capable sister.

Not true,” Romul soothes from her shoulder. He had finished doting and was now content to investigate Midas and his peculiar pets. The wolf has never seen the likes of such wonder, but does little to indulge his curiosity for fear of offending his own partner. His allegiance is true and yet skewed by his nature to explore and discover things unknown to him. However, his attention is diverted by the Czar and the wolf reluctantly returns to Essetia in both mind and body. “Worried about you,”he states candidly. The mare does not answer for a time, but when she does it is soft and musical, a song meant only for Romul’s ears. “Don’t be my love.

I am glad to share that path with you… I certainly wouldn’t want to stand opposite you again. Your skill is unmatched to my knowledge,” Essetia laughs as moves to follow the Gallant. She too is slow on her feet and she winces at the growing soreness of her muscles, but there is something satisfactory about the pain. There is a certain accomplishment in the way she feels after so much exertion and emotion. Things could have gone differently and the results would have been the same, but this feeling, this wariness, is a victory in and of itself. It means that she has fought for something… and it has been far too long since she has wanted to fight for anything.

However, the greatest revelation she has encountered today is that she has no one to thank but herself. After all, it was not Midas who told her act and it was not Romul who urged her to feel. Though hasty and perhaps a bit rash, the decision had been hers alone… and it was only the beginning of many more to come.

It was time to put the pieces of her life back together, one by one.

We’ll see about that,” she jokes. However, the path upon which they walk is one destined for greatness. Essetia is very much a child now, but in time she will learn to recognize the woman within and when she does… she might just give her Czar a run for his money.
Midas | Removed tag to add tag
@[Kiara]

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
K
I
A
R
A

The night was cool, so of course the Earth Medic was bedded down in her normal place. Her bonded lay sprawled across her backside. It was both a comfort and protection for the roan. After being forced twice, Keiran was not taking the chance of risking a third. He was however grateful for Rostislav's presence in her life. It may not of been love, but it was a form of it. He showed that not all would take advantage. That not all were there to harm. The fact that little Vitani had come of the pairing had been amazing. Even if the child was more of a handful than any child before. Malachi had been weaker, shy and clingy. The twins, well they had been active from day one. Thier father seeming to have a major influence as both left for the Basin. Vitani... Well she was much like her Father too, but he could see Kiara there as well.

But enough of that. It was the protective panther that saw the firebird first. Gently he paws his bonded awake as he slips from her back. Midas calls. We need to follow. The roan stood and shook off. Why now? she whined in his mind. She was tired and wanted to rest. Her eyes looked over to where her daughter lay. You Earth Medic. Job to do i'm sure. She shook again, her mind clicking now. Yes of course. I'll go. Stay with Vitani. With that she moved off following the bird back to her bonded.

As Midas came into sight, an unfamiliar face was with him. The roan slowed, hesitant at first. She stopped a little ways off before speaking. You called for me Czar?

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

((sorry for the wait guys!)) @[Midas] @[Essetia]
Image Credit

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
I couldn't withhold a light chuckle as my company voices her reserved praise toward hard won power and skill, yar, "For now," a whisper into the bleakness, yet one that broached only truth, "Ye will also grow in skill. We will meet on the field of contest again, and the result might be different." Aye, certainly different from the dance we swayed into only an hour or so prier. We both emerged wiser in different aspects.

There wasn't time for added words before the shadowed frame of our gentle Medic appears from yon timber. A welcoming smile teases the hard lines on my face, chasing back any marks of discomfort, "Aye," when she asks for what purpose I'd stirred them at this late hour, "A sister needs thee attention." Unadorned crown shifts to make way for the spy and her companion. My own wounds pull painfully, reflectively tightening my smile.

Fina soars to a nearby tree, scowling at us all the while. Neve looks on, surprisingly silent. "Will ye tend to her?" Ladies first. After Essetia was cared for, (and only after), would I see my wounds given attention -- should Kiara have the strength remaining to do so. Much of her efforts and time were likely given over to a newly birthed family. The child of their coupling had only been seen sparsely, she keep yon babe well removed from the public eye. Which was well within a mothers right. Come to think of it...I'd hardly seen her mated partner around of late.
Some legends are told
Image Credit

@[Essetia]
@[Kiara]

Perhaps Midas was right… maybe Essetia would one day learn to best even the Gallant, but until then she would harbor his words in hopes of goading her determination. The young Sleuth nodded gratefully to her Czar, her expression a subtle mixture of duplicity and sheer exhaustion, before turning pale eyes to an approaching shadow. She assumed it was one of the Falls’ healers, but Romul was still quite protective over his companion, given her fragile wellbeing. He snorted and bristled once again despite the mare’s silent attempts to contain him. It wasn’t until Essetia bent low enough to huff softly in his face that the predator finally abandoned his futile efforts to guard her. They had certainly come a long way since their time away from Helovia, but it was obvious that their behavior was still in need of tending.

Midas had been kind enough to allow her to be the first to stand before the healer and it was a very gallant thing to do, yet it made her visibly uncomfortable. Essetia had grown callous and perhaps a bit isolated over the past few years and kindness, though cherished, did not sit well with the Sleuth. It was like a compliment that Essetia did not want nor feel she deserved, but allowed anyway. “Thank you,” she offered stiffly while turning her attention to Kiara.

It was almost uncanny that the former Edge healer would now be situated in the Falls and Essetia was tempted to question her, but feared mention of the past. It was something that was better left unsaid even if it was something that would not be forgotten. Essetia was presently too concerned with the aspect of “being healed” to bother with much else anyhow… she certainly wasn’t sure how it would feel or how it would occur.

In a futile attempt to calm her nerves, the Sleuth again dipped her muzzle low for Romul to see. He responded instantly and came crawling to meet her while whimpering and groaning in submission.
@[Kiara]@[Midas]

ooc| I'm so sorry for the wait! We can start wrapping up if you like. x.x