d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

”Ráeru!”

His gruff tones hit booming as he called the name of his latest daughter across the Basin. Where was she? Normally, the Time Mender wasn’t all that involved in his children’s upbringing, leaving that end to Kou whilst making sure he was around should any of them wish to learn or follow in his steps. Aviya was the only one who closely followed in his shadow, a parent was never meant to have favourites, but the shade was never a good guardian and guiltily the stormy white-faced Valkyrie was very close to his heart. Yet, his Nurse was gone. Sentenced to the nether land, the other side of life’s gate and in her absence she left five children motherless, including the child she had fought so hard to bring into this world. Ráeru. Was she even alive? With no mother to feed from surely the child would slowly perish, the babe who had already faced so much danger, was fate to sentence her to death? ”No, take me” his thoughts echoed through his mind; pleading. She was only a small thing, a perfect resemblance of her mother, so much so that the Doctor found it difficult to look at her. It was like his Nurse had been reborn, but at the same time the poor, innocent child was forever a reminder that his cherished other half had been murdered.

Unruly, wild and hurt, the shade stomped his way across the thawing Basin with a face lined with frustration and worry. ”Ráeru!” He tried again, hoping and praying that his voice would reach the ears of the child he was so desperate to find. Instead, a couple of minutes later, the figure that came towards him was more of a canine one and d’Artagnan felt his heart sink with disappointment. ”Nothing” the hound telepathically reported with an equal amount of annoyance in his voice.

Getting tired of pacing up and down, the Mender blew out a long shaky sigh and marched off in the direction of the pool, dragging himself up to its banks before staring down at his own, pained reflection. The consuming fires of his anger were beginning to get the better of him once again and, in a fit of rage, he slammed a cloven hoof against the waters surface. Cold droplets slapped against his red hide as he swivelled sharply away from the pool and threw his forelegs up to the bright, birdsong sky in an explosive rear. Ears wove back and he bared his teeth, lashing his hooves at the air in a show of pent up anger. Aramis looked on, the markings on his body glowing a vibrant red in response to his friend’s rampant emotion whilst his dark claws snapped out and dug into the ground.

The Doctor came back to all fours with a thud.

[Open!]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

The yelling grabbed her attention, pulling it away from grazing, which is what she was doing when the sound interrupted her calm. She recognized the voice, it was D’Artagnan’s, deep and husky. She didn’t know him and his hound very well but she had seen them enough, heard his tones enough to pick them from the cold winds curling through the pines.

I wonder who he is looking for? She looked to the pale bird hanging upside down on a mangled cherry tree, goofing off, teasing the other birds. He seemed completely unconcerned with the whole raucous, but Tangere was indeed interested. She shoved off, grass still hanging from her pink and gray mottled lips. She finds him by the pool, his voice still ringing in her ears. “I take it you did not locate this said ‘Ráeru’,” The name rolls awkwardly off of her tongue as she approaches him slowly, her bird finding a perch. She stands off to the side of him, clear of his companion. “I can help you search if you’d like – what do they look like?” She watches him quietly, her soft saucer eyes trail the beads of water trickling off of his sinewy red chest. She missed his display, but the air was evident with his energy – it felt hot and tight. She did not know what else to do with the feeling other than ignore it and offer a bit of help.

@[d'Artagnan]

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(: