:: :: ::
S
I
L
E
N
C
E
Sounds of life tinged in the forest like bells and chimes on Christmas Day. My first reaction to the sudden burst of chattering and chirping and chiming was annoyance, but as my journey progressed the noise became comforting, almost soothing, like a balm on cracked skin. I had traveled in silence (haha, funny me) for so long that white noise was a refreshing break from the quiet norm. It had taken a while, but I finally had left my deserted land and life in search of a new beginning.

You see, my old life had it's ups and downs. After being raped by a crazy jackass stallion, being held captive for, oh, I don't know, most of my freaking life, and raising a son that acted just like his daddy, I thought that I would never find peace. However, only a short year later I was rescued and taken in by the Lights and treated with dignity and respect. I loved it there, but everything fell straight down the hill as time progressed. Horses disappeared, leaders came and went, positions were shoved and shifted to one another until the land was deserted and nothing remained. I stayed, though, in case anyone ever returned, but after a while it seemed pointless and I was ready to move on. Going through so much had really taken a toll on my outward appearance; however, my soul was still intact and as fresh and bright as ever. The long journey from the old, battered realm to this land of fresh and new life was filling, even if I was simply going to pass through.

I coughed and sniffed. The air was chilly from the coming frost of the winter, but the leaves were returning to their former glory. I walked over the leathery carpet of the forest and shouldered my way between trees. Perhaps this place wasn't so bad? I would consider staying, however I had yet to see another equine around. I shook out my charcoal name, the glass bead tingling against the other protrusions. Sighing, my chocolate orbs searched for another sign of life that wasn't a woodland creature.

i
Image Credit

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
The Threshold.

Ah, what a place. She had frequented it many times over her times here. Each face came and went. Some she befriended, others ticked her off, and some she couldn't even remember. It was like a roulette of faces. Sometimes you landed on a good one, and won. Sometimes, not so much. It all depended. It was a rush though, going and knowing you are out to greet someone that will hate you, love you, fear you, or not give a flying butt about what you do. So, she set off from the Falls, heading south to the land of trees, animals, and newcomers. It was such a convenience for the only access to Helovia to be bottlenecked into one area. It made tracking down people so much easier.

As her hooves landed just outside of the Threshold, she already began to smell unrecognizable scents. Birdsong didn't help, the pungent air made everything a lot.. smellier for lack of a better word. She picked up a light trot, following the scent of one that seemed particularly fresh. It was only a few more moments, and Elsa stumbled upon another.

It was a grey unicorn, in her younger days by the looks of it. Maybe around Elsa's age but she could never be sure. Looks can be deceiving. Upon her head, the girl was adorned with two completely transparent horns. That was something she had never seen before. A small smile settled upon her face as she took a few more conspicuous steps towards the mare. When she was only a few paces from her, Elsa stopped and offered a quick little bow, bending her neck before speaking. "Name's Elsa. You new around here?" The words rolled off her tongue a little gangster-like. It was nice to shake things up a little, especially when those words were repeated over and over numerous times.

"Talking"
@[Silence] Would you like me to continue tagging? :)
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Silence Posts: N/A
Unregistered
S
I
L
E
N
C
E
I watched for opportunities to interact with this new land as I made my way through the thick shroud of trees. The longer I walked, the thinner the trees grew and the easier it was for me to spot the approaching mare (what I assumed to be a mare, she was rather curvacious). I sniffed and halted as she slithered closer, greeting me with a bow and unexpected but welcoming words nonetheless. I cocked my brow and jerked my head in a "sup" motion, eying her suspiciously. The dame didn't seem like she was here to start crap, but you never know, divas can be unpredictable. "I guess you could say that. I don't plan on staying, however, so I guess I'll catch you later?" I asked, pushing on by her and kept my pace slow. After a minute or two, I realized I had no freaking idea where I was going, so I turned my neck. "Do you know how to get out of here? I have no idea which way to go. I'd appreciate some help, if you don't mind." I couldn't believe I was asking for directions, but if it came down to it I was sure I could take her.

I waited patiently, taking the time to graze my eyes over her body. She was normal coat-wise, save for the weird Ice-Queen tats she had going on, but her mane and tail was punked out with all kinds of colors, mostly pink and blue, though. The large, feathered wings that adorned her back and shone in the same colors as her mane and tail. I guessed she had some kind of "I can turn you into an ice sculpture if you look at me wrong" magic, but I couldn't make any assumptions until I knew for sure. I knew where assuming would get you- and believe me, friend, it's not a cool place.

"My name is Silence, by the way. Nice meeting you, Elsa."

OOC: @[Elsa] you don't have to keep tagging me, I check my threads for replies daily. Anyway, sorry if she comes across as a brat, I'm still trying to develop her character and she's coming out snippier than I imagined xD.

i
Image Credit

So the bobbing head movement thing was a little weird. Elsa tilted her head back a little, looking at her suspiciously through her only working eyeball. It seemed that both were at a weird stalemate. Not to mention, Miss Sassafrass just decides to walk right past her. Elsa moved out of her way, as if to tell her to go. It was hard for her to bite back a laugh, because really, where was she going to go? She was new, and she would have no idea where she was at. Stumble into a herd land unannounced, and well, she'd be in some trouble for a little bit. Elsa just rolled her eyes, watching her as she went. She stayed close enough to hear her, but tried to stay out of sight so she didn't think she was a stalker. Elsa had no need to help her, but her conscience would not let this girl go and get herself into trouble.

Near moments later, and the girl turned to ask her directions. Elsa smirked. Of course she needed directions, this forest wasn't exactly tiny. At least she introduced herself too. "I can get you out of here, but that really won't be much either. Considering you'd probably wind up somewhere you aren't supposed to be. Although..." She paused for a moment, she may as well throw the invitation out there. "I could always take you back to my herd. Which you'd have affiliations and a mean to get started here. Or, you can adventure off into the sunset as an outcast. Either way, once we hit the treeline, i'm heading home." She finished with a shrug. Continuing to walk towards the east, they'd hit the end eventually, then, depending on if she was looking for a home or not, she'd either be walking back or flying. Each had their ups and downs, so really it was all up to Silence to make a decision.

Turning to Silence as she walked, assuming Silence was following, Elsa began a light conversation. May as well. "So, how'd you end up here?" It was actually a question Elsa was quite interested in. Most had just wandered in, many chases and escapees, other than that, the stories ranged all over the place. Maybe she followed the typical trend, or maybe she was a different one. It was all good though, listening to stories was something she enjoyed.

"Talking"
Haha I love her already! :)
Elsa

Unregistered
S
I
L
E
N
C
E
I knew the little mare was getting snub, but I chose to ignore it and follow her out. My ears perked at her voice, but immediately flattened against my skull as she half-heartedly tossed out an invitation to her home and then ruined the moment with her lack of concern. A snort flew out of my nostrils and I chuckled, shaking my head at her lack of faith. "Trust me, friend, I've had it worse than being caught trespassing. Besides," I drew up beside the icy dame, "The whole 'I had no idea this was your land! P-p-please let me go! I promise to l-leave immediately!' thing really works." I looked over and rose my brows, trying to display a look of believe me it's true, but I felt as though I had failed miserably in the sincerity department. With a blink and a small sigh I once again faced towards out upcoming exit.

The treeline neared as we walked side-by-side, steps in sync. I was silent for a moment, but curiosity got the better of me and I asked the question that sat lightly on my tongue. "Where do you live, anyway? I mean, is it a nice place, are there many others there, yada yada. That sort of thing." I cocked my brow and glanced at her cold face, expecting an answer worth my while. I'd love hearing about a stable home, one that was completely wrecked by chaos and power-hungry pea-brains, though I doubted I would join her. A part of me wondered what it would be like to share a home with one such as Elsa. Would everyone else be the same? If so, I knew I wouldn't stand a chance. My only option was to keep moving and see what else I could find. And besides, even if I ended up leaving this entire land, at least I would have made a fresh start. It couldn't hurt to explore, live my life a little. I had been a songbird cooped up in a cage, now it was my time to fly and sing.

Oh God, I'm so cheesy.

OOC: @[Elsa] sorry for the short post!

Image Credit

Vale Posts: N/A
Unregistered
VALE

Bah! Birdsong sucked, too many bright colours and smelly smells, the last of the melting snow causing the ground to suck and squelch beneath the feet, turning into partial quicksand sand when your weren't paying attention. He missed the silence and cold blanket of frost fall, when the whole world fell into an eerie slumber, quiet and dark and cold, the way he liked it. The only thing to look forward to were the summer storms, watching them build and roll in from the horizon as the flashes and sparks of lightning brightened the entire land, waiting as the heat built into an unbearable furnace before finally the sky opened up to wash away the dirt and sweat.

His restlessness and the fact that most parts of the basin had been turned into a mud bath forced him to come wandering down the mountain, hoping to find a distraction from the smelly birds, and bright pollen…or was it the other way around? Oh who cares He thought to himself shaking his dark head but at the back of his mind he could feel something awakening and growing that he wasn't quite ready to acknowledge just yet. Something he tried to push back down into a box and lock the lid, hopefully.

His diversion came sliding out of the tree line before him in the form of two beautiful ladies, neither of them he'd had the pleasure of meeting before, both were quite striking against the backdrop of the forest; light and dark, winged and horned. Beautiful on opposite ends of the spectrum, race included. He'd never had a problem with the other equines of his species although he'd never had an interesting conversation with one, too flighty hah oops maybe he'd just spent too much time in the Basin …I need to get out more But the other, a new recruit maybe? The darker one definitely had that ‘new car’ scent about her, a virgin to Helovia’s wonders and all that. Or were they just another notch on his way to something better?

Golden eyes reflected his cocky smile.

“Well hello there lovely ladies you shouldn't be out in the woods alone...unless of course you’re having a secret girls only meeting which then of course my apologies and I shall avert my eyes, I promise I won't eaves drop...much"

The dark boy swept his jagged crown down towards the earth in a bow returning with a grin.

“Vale at your service, are you heading anywhere in particular or just deciding what to have for lunch? Coz if it’s the former then you should visit the Aurora Basin, decent place when it’s not covered in mud, I live there” He directed his speech to the glass horned girl, seeing as it was her that needed a home, she could take his invitation or not. He flashed a smile in the direction of the light winged Pegasus, his golds to her blues, it was rude to ignore a pretty girl.
“And from where do you come from? I don’t think we’ve met before?”

And wolf smiled from behind his glowing eyes.

"Talking"
OOC:: Hope you don't mind Vale butting in :) @[Elsa]

Table Credit From the lovely Sevin

Image Credit

The girls annoyance in her "wise" words was evident, especially in her reply. She listened with a half-smirk on her face, thinking back to what had happened to her when she was in a herd and stumbled into the wrong horse of another herd. That, is how you lose an eye my friend, literally. So she just shrugged her shoulders and let the girl think what she wanted. If she felt that she was capable of roaming the world, more power to her.

It wasn't long until they neared the treeline, that the mare had brought in upon herself to ask a question again. This time, pertaining to her herd land. Elsa just shrugged, hearing it wouldn't matter, would it? She would know there was bias in her words, so why did she want to know? Was she even thinking about joining her? Regardless, she was vowed to respond.

As she opened her mouth to speak, another joined them. This time, the scent was distinctly that of the Basin. Elsa fell silent, grinding her teeth together to stop the flood of harsh and bitter comments that wanted to fly from her mouth. She didn't even know if this male was of the Basin, but the scent reminded her so much of that white brute. That stupid, stupid boy who was now dead because of his actions. An eye for an eye. C'est la vie, but Elsa would always judge those who even smelled of that wretched land as guilty until proven innocent.

His words did not help ease her anger, it only infuriated them. So many males either were easily swayed by, or tried wooing those in the Threshold to get the newcomers to follow them blindly home. Elsa's eyes just bore into him, and let him speak. Her anger could be felt if either of them had decided to pay attention to her body language. His little quip on the Basin made her inhale her breath sharply. Sure, it may not be muddy, but it was even further north of the Falls, making it cold a good part of the year. Not that she should complain, Elsa loved the cold, although leaving out that fact could potentially lead this girl to a place she did not wish to go. Elsa wasn't the one to talk badly of other lands, so she just politely replied to the stallion. "Elsa." She said curtly, turning back to the mare. If he wanted to truly know where Elsa lived, he could pay attention to her little explanation to the mare.

"The Hidden Falls is only a little travel north of this treeline. That's where I live. It's set inside the safety of mountains, and holds to its namesake. There are many a waterfall and pond in this land, so there is no shortage of crisp water or lush foliage." Elsa said promptly, that was a summarized version of the land she supposed. If she wanted to know more details, she'd have to visit for herself sometime. "It's a decent size herd, I wouldn't say super small, but it isn't grand either. It's kind of a medium size. Obviously, I like it, since I have chosen to live there for all the time I've been in Helovia." With the exception of the darkness though, but that history was long gone. There was no need to bring up the destruction that seemed so far in the past now.

"Talking"
More the merrier! :) haha she's a little bitter though.
Elsa

Unregistered

The cold Elsa had just begun speaking when another smell hit me like a bullet. It smelled so... masculine that I nearly grew balls myself. I glanced over, noticing the way Elsa had already tensed, as if someone was grinding her tail like a crank. It almost pulled a chuckle from my chest, but the timing was inappropriate and oh wouldn't it suck to get my ass beaten right now, so I just waited until someone began conversation. Alas, it was the brute that began, being a usual stallion and attempting to charm us like we were prostitutes off of the job. I snorted lightly at his remarks, shaking my head with the sound.

"No, we're not discussing our lunch. We are, however, discussing Elsa's home, so if you would please continue, doll..." I looked hard at the blue-tinged mare, urging her along with my pale, muddy gaze. Her curt response to the brutish stag was amusing, but I kept my false interest glued to my features. Once she finished, I stepped towards the stallion, responding to his offer earlier.

"I'm not too sure I'm even going to find a home any time soon. I've been a long time traveler, and it's a slightly... addicting lifestyle. Last time I had a home it was literally hell. But I'll keep it in mind, if it makes you feel any better." I smiled kindly, but it didn't reach my eyes. This stallion reminded me of him, and I'd be damned before I'd be caged again.

"The name's Silence, by the way, but don't get used to saying it."

I started walking, seeing as we were now out of the treeline. I assumed Elsa would want to go home, what with seeing her reaction to this particular stallion. I had to wonder, why would she act that way if they weren't familiar with each other? Was it rumors? Amnesia? The usual blonde airheadedness? I shrugged internally, deciding that it was none of my business, but I was hella curious. I wouldn't dare ask her though, she may packin' heat freeze my heart with her ice powers.

Oh, wait, it's already frozen. Darn.

"So, I guess I'll be seeing you around, Elsa? I'll think about your offer. Hidden Falls sounds wonderful." I turned and looked at the stallion. "I'll also think about yours. It doesn't sound like much, but most things are usually better than they seem." I nodded in closing, flashing a quick smile before I started making my way through an unfamiliar territory.

OOC: So, I didn't mean for this to end up a wrapper, so if Vale and Elsa want to stop her and talk to her more that's completely fine, preferred even. I'd like her to get to know more about Vale, and she's super curious about Elsa's reaction so she'll probably end up asking Elsa about it. Again, sorry for making it awkward xD. @[Vale] @[Elsa]

Vale Posts: N/A
Unregistered
VALE

Oh what fun! Mares were always such fiery little creatures, affronted by the words that he let pour out his dark lips; most of it being bullshit anyway. The unicorn just smiled at the heat of anger seeping from their pretty little bodies. Elsa and Silence he mused storing their names away for future reference, he waited patiently for both women to tell their stories schooling his dark glossy features into slight amusement and partial interest. His small smile turned predatory when the dappled girl approached him Oh darling now your just making this too easy Vale arched his neck and blew softly into her face with an exhale, sauntering closer until he very closely invaded her personal space, if she didn’t like it she could move. His golden eyes regarded her with a mix of hardened steel and soft honey.

“The Basin can be a very alluring place given the chance, It’s a shame you just missed Frostfall, I do very much like the winter, the ground frozen in white, a blanket of cold embracing your bones, I particularly like the Silence… it brings.” Emphasising that third last word was definitely on purpose, he side stepped away gracefully before the mare decided to do anything drastic, and removing himself from the way she had been heading, turning his jagged crown back homewards and without a glance backwards spoke loud enough for both to hear.

“Well ladies if you ever change your mind…well you’ll know where I’ll be, I’m sure you’ll be able to find your way as such capable women you are”

"Talking"
OOC:: No need to apologize that's what makes it fun! Sorry its so short I just wanted to get something out for you so you can get your stats updated, I assume you'll be making her an outcast? Vale would definitely like to get to know Silence more too he could do to be knocked down a peg or two haha, if you wanted to start a thread in the wilds somewhere, he'll definitely join just tag me or pm me and we can discuss something :) It was nice meeting Elsa, I hope they meet again xD @[Elsa] @[Silence]

Table Credit From the lovely Sevin

Image Credit

Elsa visibly relaxed when Silence seemed just as wary of this stallion. In a way, Silence had just saved herself from falling under Elsa's hit list. It would be unintentional of course, but Elsa did not take to kindly to those who thought with their loins instead of their brain. Especially when it came to deciding futures. Elsa even stifled a laugh at her fiery attitude, of course she'd be the one to capture her attention. Never had someone rivaled Elsa in her department of sarcasm and sass. It was really quite interesting to hear how easily the pointed words came off her tongue.

Her amusement though waned at the stallions words. He smelled of Basin, again and undeniable fact. "We both know that I won't be allowed entrance in to your home, darling." She said with the worlds most faux voice of respect. Although her words were calm, each was meant to whiplash him in the fact. Not only was he a Basin guy, but his words just ticked her off. Why did almost everything with a fifth leg think they could just make those lacking the extra appendage bend and melt to them like spineless creatures. One may say Elsa is a bit bitter about somethings, and the continual presence of it just caused a rough abrasion against her usually cheery attitude.

Elsa turned though to see Silence head out. She wasn't quite done yet with her, the mare was to much of an interesting mystery. Hopefully, the male would just return to the cold hole he crawled out of and Elsa could have a pleasant conversation with the girl. "Hey, wait up!" She called after Silence. She picked up a trot to follow along side her again. "You're kind of interesting, and also, I kind of do care you make it somewhere safely, so if you don't mind my presence, ill go with." It was kind of a question, but more of a statement. If rejection occurred, Elsa may just have to linger ever so slightly above the clouds to keep an eye out for her.

"Talking"
Elsa