the Rift

Listen to the music

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
Many voices floated through the air; of birds singing, the melody of the grass rustling in the wind, the whistling of the gale. It was a gay, merry day to be out and about, running freely under the warm sun and soaking up the rays. Flowers were blooming everywhere, blessing the earth with their happy, vibrant colors. Spring had finally touched the threshold, compelling Orinthia to visit it in the first time for a very long time. A nostalgic smile played upon her onyx lips, as she felt a strange feeling constricting her chest. She was all alone, like she had always been, and the mare yearned the company of another. There were many memories for her in the forest--good and bad, and she just wished to speak to someone, anyone.

Orinthia had been wandering many seasons around the land with no purpose. She had felt as if she explored every crag, every cliff, every cave hidden by tall grass. Now, the adventurer might have met the end of aimless walking about. Orinthia wanted to have a purpose, for she was made for something, as she was in her previous life. Spring. The rebirth of the world, thinking silently to herself, the mare couldn't grasp hold of her feelings. How confused she felt on what she wanted. Helovia, especially the threshold, was the rebirth of her life, and now...it was time for a new beginning. To become a part of a herd, to find herself again, and to not be lost in the wind, forevermore to be forgotten. There was no one left for her, and the mare wanted to rid herself of the loneliness and uselessness.

Words: 278

//I haven't RPed in a while, so I'm sorry if I'm rusty! ^^"

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
If Love Were Food, I Would Have Starved On The Bones You Gave Me.” .

With the spring weather all around things had began to come to life all around Helovia once more. The ice was melting away to reveal the green grass below while the water faded away to fill the streams and waterways. Eventually flowers of all shapes, sizes and colours would begin to pop up decorating the landscape for all to enjoy. The spring always seemed to help renew her spirits and give her a fresh breath of air when things began to look down and dreary after a long cold winter. It was a welcome feeling after they had all been through a rather stressful year with many moments of sorrow. A new year and a new start, at least that is what she hoped it would be for both herself and her son. Levex disappearing had been devastating to them both it would be nice if they might be able to get some closure if that would ever happen.

Tossing her head high to clear the long locks from her face the pale mare trotted along humming to herself contently. Listening to all the birds chirping away she often wondered what all they were saying up there as they looked down on them all as they passed through. Did they have personalities much similar to their own? Oh how interesting it would be to be a bird for a day. The crunching of hooves drew her attention as she slowed her pace to cast her blue eyes around for the culprit. It was the threshold after all but you never knew who you would find hiding in the thick forest. Tension naturally stiffened her gait as she walked along cautiously scanning left to right until she finally found the source of the noises. A little ways to her right walked a mare who seemed to have no idea where she was going. Watching her from a distance for a couple moments she finally decided to go offer her assistance should it be needed.

"Hello?" She commented softly as she approached slowly so as to judge the dark mare's reaction. Hopefully she would take well to a stranger approaching her. If it had been her when she had arrived she would likely have panicked and tried to run for the hills. Well that had kinda sorta happened but not entirely.. tho it was still embarrassing to recall. "My name is Brisa and I come from a herd called The Edge. Are you looking for someone?"

"Speech"

@[Orinthia]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
Emerald orbs flickered aimlessly around the woods, her mind spiraling with philosophical thoughts of life, death and companionship. Never had she felt this way. The birds chirping above, nor the splendid majesties of flowers littered on the ground could break the ebony mare out of her trance. It wasn't until she heard a voice catch her unexpectedly. Startled, and wrenched out of her trance, Orinthia jumped a little bit. Her green pools fixated on a willowy, pale gray form besides her. The other mare's voice tenderly billowed out of her house, asking more of a question than a statement. At once, Orinthia smiled, forgetting her initial scare. "Hello", her voice was kind but radiated confidence and glee. Today, someone would bless her with their companionship.

"Brisa", she fumbled the name on her tongue and jovially met icy blue eyes. "I am Orinthia... It is a pleasure to meet you", dipping her head politely thoughts rumbled in her head. The Edge. She recalled the herd that she was interested in so long ago, and wondered if now was her chance to really begin again. "I am not looking for someone in particular, just some company", she offered a bright grin, flicking strands of hair away from her eyes. "I recall you are from the Edge, right?", pausing for a few moments the onyx mare continued speaking. An idea was forming in her mind. "Is your herd looking for new recruits, by any chance?" Expectantly, the curious mare gazed at the light woman, hopefully she would want to talk.

//257

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
If Love Were Food, I Would Have Starved On The Bones You Gave Me.” .

Watching the stranger begin to process her presence as her words left her lips she picked up the traces of fear that lingered there. An emotion that she had come to know all too well over her years but one that was present in everybody at some point of another. Stilling her advance so not to push the boundaries to their breaking point she studied the mare thoughtfully. Her own body seemed dwarfed in comparison to her new friend's height making her feel rather weird. While she had gotten used to being shorter than many of those she met there was still those odd few tall Helovians that seemed taller than the rest to make her notice her shortness. Brushing off the strangeness as nothing more than her usual random trains of thought she made note that she wanted to figure out where it had come from one of these days.

"I recall you are from the Edge, right?" Balking as the comment left her trying to dig through her memories in an attempt to remember this girl she dipped her own head in greeting. Had she met her before? Oh boy... surely she had to remember meeting her somewhere ...right? Maybe it had been in her first year in Helovia at least then she could justify forgetting who she was. There had been so many people to remember in that first year and she regretfully couldn't remember half of those she had met. "I'm sorry, I cannot seem to place when I first met you. Its a pleasure either way though I am so forgetful at times when it comes to names." She commented feeling heat creep into her cheeks that she tried to hide with a kind smile.

"Yes, I am from the Edge and we are always looking for new recruits to come into our family. If you wanted to join us we would be more than happy to have you." She finished feeling a little less embarrassed about forgetting when she met had this kind mare.

OOC: Apologies for the wait

"Speech"

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo