M
O
R
R
I
G
A
N

The day had been going about as normal as possible, as I threw myself into my work as a healer in order to distract my mind from any sort of emotional baggage that dared to start unzipping in my mind. Before me were some of the herbs that Sikeax had brought to our lesson, and I was trying to memorize the healing properities of each one, as well as the risks and advantages of combining certain medicinal properties. There had yet to be a need for me to actually heal anyone, and the added peace of the lands made the risk of battle wounds less than likely to happen. But it was the best way for me to force myself to get through the day without allowing myself to think about foolish things.

A shadow cast across the sand from a pegasus flying overhead caught my attention, and I immediately looked up to see a black stallion passing, but something didn't look...right. Auds pricked with curiosity as I completely forgot about my task at hand, heading towards the direction of the pegasus. Something was wrong, and as I passed climbed over a sand dune, I knew that I was right. A stallion of ebony hide, ivory hair and massive wings like those of a bat lay crumpled in the sand. A large, leathery wing hid his face, but I could hear the muffled sobs. "Sir?" I asked, not really sure how to approach him.

I recognized the stallion, though we had never officially met before and his name escaped me. He was another shadow figure of the herd, a stranger that I only knew by appearance. I felt incredibly awkward and invasive, simply standing there wondering what had happened to the stallion. But I couldn't leave him, stallion's didn't just break down crying over nothing. And I was a healer...Was he hurt? "Are you...alright?" Of course he wasn't alright, look at him. Slowly I took a few steps closer, careful to give him enough room in case he was volatile to strangers. But something told me that I was safe from harm, something told me that this stallion had nothing for me to fear. His appearance on any other day may have been intimidating, fear-inducing, an obvious display of power and wit. Not today...Today, right here in my care...This was a stallion that was completely, utterly, devastatingly broken.

Broken.

Carefully I lowered myself into the sands beside him, not close enough to touch him, but close enough to reach him if I needed to. "My name is Morrigan. I'm a healer here...Can I help you?"

OOC: @[Satanic Silk] And anyone else that wants to join the pity party! Continued from Answer Me This where he comes back to the throat...

Image By Tribs
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
I am not jealous of anyone who may stumble upon me. I am a wreck, a mass of trembling flesh ignorant of any purpose. I would not want to face the pathetic beast that wallows in his own misery ignorant of the needs of others, selfish in his own pity-party. But that's the predicament I present to others. Confrontation of this embarrassment? No one in the Throat would want to see me like this, to have this be the image of the stout Throat inhabitants. That is what this mare stumbles upon. Of course she wouldn't know what to do - who would? If it had been me I might have mocked the weeping form. Asked him where the hell his balls were and that he should man up and grow a pair.

But that's not what she does. I hear her approach, step closer. The sand is quiet but does not perfectly muffle her movement. 'Sir?' I don't move, my mind not at first responding to her voice. My red eyes are dim and do not hold the life and hope that they had. But she has yet to see that, as I still hide my face beneath leathery flaps. She introduces herself, and offers her assistance. She's close to me, so I am careful about my movement as I swing my wing out to the side and back toward my body. Now she can see the loss in my eyes, my tear stained cheeks. Sand sticks to me awkwardly, clinging to the damp and tangling my mane. I murmur despondently, though I lift my head to make eye contact. "I cannot be helped, Morrigan." I let my head fall back to the sand, scattering it around gently. The feathers in my mane show more life as pieces of a corpse than the rest of me. I am embarrassed to be lying here in front of the healer, but I am too depressed to do shit about it.

Walking "Talking"
WC: 328
@[Morrigan] + any others?

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
M
O
R
R
I
G
A
N

As the stallion revealed himself to me, my auds flicked around with sympathy and I felt more intrusive than ever when our red eyes met. I don't believe I could recall a time where I had ever seen a stallion in such a state, an absolute wreck with so much pain in his eyes that my own heart ached for him. I was hopeful for a split second when he lifted his head to speak to me, but the hope vanished as he let his crown drop to the sands with dead weight. There was a loss for words on my end as I stared at him, fumbling through my mind for the correct response before finally shaking his head. "I don't belive that to be true...It may not be immediate, nor may it be easy...But I'm sure, no matter what has happened to you, time will help." It was the only thing I could think to say, a rather pathetic attempt at being hopeful and trying to sound like I actually knew what I was doing when I didn't even know what had happened.

Tragedies were not strangers to the lives of those that surrounded me, I was finding that out slowly, piece by piece. We were all broken, in some form or another. Someone, something, somehow had broken us at a point in our lives when we truly believed that there was nothing that could possibly help us. There were some that were left with horrendous scars, whether they could be seen with the naked eye or not. Others let the tragedies change them, morph them into something that they never thought they could become, an empty shell wandering the earth or a painted mask that no one could recognize. We all had our own tragedies, we all hid our own secrets, and we all believed that we were beyound help. Slowly, perhaps because of my own history and secrets, I was beginning to learn the truth of it all. We were not incapable of being helped, we simply did not want the help that was offered - be it from the right person at the wrong time or the wrong person at the perfect opportunity. I wasn't sure which that I was to the stallion that lay beside me, but I was not going to simply give up on one of my fellow herdmates simply because they had given up on themselves.

Cautiously, gingerly, and quietly I shuffled my weight in the sands to scoot slightly closer to the brute. Slowly I reached for him with my muzzle, using my nose to tenderly brush away some of his mane before settling back to look at him. "Perhaps I cannot help you, but I am still here to offer my assistance...I'm...I'm a pretty good listener, I think...If you don't mind my asking, what happened?"

OOC: @[Satanic Silk]

Image By Tribs
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.