the Rift

[OPEN] Mountain halls and nomad songs [Waprevah welcoming]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had not lied. The journey north was long and, at times, arduous. Her mousy, cleft hooves carried her with steadfast swiftness, delicate gait seemingly dancing across the ground. She was a myriad of opposites, never quite fitting a single mold and yet inexplicably herself. A spy and a warrior, and yet a dancer. Equine and unicorn. One blue and one red eye. Pale coat of purity and crimson tresses of violence. She was by very nature a duality, a delicate, strong and powerful ice flower.

The pale princess often looked to her follower, ensuring both her safety and comfort. Traveling by day and resting by night yielded for some small talk, but the destination was always on her mind. The safety of the fortress walls and the comforts of home called to her like a siren, and those emotions were strange for the wanderer. Never before had she felt so comforted by the notion of one place to return to.

Someone. Someone to return to.

The landscape shifted. Grass to rock to snow. Spring to bitter winds to cold. Her breath puffed from her lips like smoke, bloody hair spinning around her face wildly. Still, she moved in perfect sequence, her eidetic memory serving her perfectly, even in this vast expanse of flawless nothingness. "We are very close," she promised, offering a smile with her words.

And indeed they were. Moments later, her hooves bounded up the narrow pass which lay hidden between the massive mountain ranges, leading them into the stunning, protect spring of the Aurora Basin. At the apex of the path were two, massive metallic machines, guarding the entrance with a cold superiority. Their lifeless eyes and solid frame made no movements as the queen passed by, allowing her charge to go with welcome.

Here, at the center of the mountains was beauty. Lush grasses and full pine trees offered greenery to the landscape while the lake glittered in the sunlight. Caves lined the edges of the valley, giving them homes as she had promised. "Welcome home, Waprevah," she said. "Here, you may always return."

@[Waprevah]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Waprevah Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 6.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 4 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
TheIceViking

WAPREVAH
So I murder love in the night,
Watching them fall one by one they fight,
Do you think you'll
Love me too, ooh, ooh?

There was a strange sensation flowing through the mare, it felt alien to her. The liver chestnut was traveling, however for the first time she had a destination. She followed the light colored mare north, the journey was long as the mare had mentioned. What made this journey different from others she had taken was that this time, her journey (what seemed to be an infinite travel) would end. It would end in a place she would call home, or one day feel attached enough to call it home. What the mare had experienced of the new world so far was pleasant. It was most likely due to the reason that she was being led by an equine that knew the lands well, avoiding places that weren’t as pleasant. Waprevah however did not believe that these lands were flawless; she just had to find the flaws. Everything and everyone had a shadowy side. For a moment the liver chestnut wondered what secrets the light equine in front of her had to hide. So far their discussions had remained small and more impersonal than the other.

The Arabian mare had her own secrets to hide. She did not know the culture very well around these lands, which was to be expected, and her secrets would remain hidden unless she knew she would get away with them.

A cold breeze played with the mare’s fur and a soft chill ran down her spine. Waprevah had noticed how it grew colder with each step the duo took a step closer to the north. Snow surrounded the mare and amazement filled her eyes. Never in her life had the mare seen so much snow. During her days in the forest only a small snow had reached them, it was fairly warm where she had lived before. This was however entirely different. Snow covered the land and her skin felt cold, it did not bother her though, it felt nice. Waprevah gazed up when the Lady spoke, saying they would reach their destination soon. A soft nod was returned to the mare.

Welcome home, Waprevah.

Bright blue eyes gaze around her, the land was truly beautiful. Unfamiliar scents filled up her nose. Excitement began to grow within the mare. A place where she could always return to … it was a comfortable feeling knowing such place existed. “Thank you Lady Ophelia,” Waprevah said, one of the rare moments where her “thank you” was genuine.

"Yeah my boyfriend's pretty cool
But he's not as cool as me"

@[Ophelia]

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

For once, the cool air of the Aurora Basin felt welcoming to my tender burns and aching muscles. It seemed that the pain of battle was not at it's worst immediately following the fight, but rather the few days that followed afterwards. Though my fight with the large fire-welding stallion was invigorating and rejuvinated my soul, that son of a bitch packed one hell of an unexpected punch. His blood had now dried and hardened to the tips of my horn, enhacing the deep red stains of battles prior, and I wore it like a badge of honor. The chilly winds dulled the throbbing aches of my muscles, and my burns were starting to hurt a little less with a thin protective scab forming over the raw tissue. They still looked like hell, but at least it felt like an improvement.

I was originally headed back to my cave, ready for a good long rest and some much needed relaxation. However, a pair of voices some distance away caught my attention. Auds pricked to try and determine the owners of the voices, but I was familiar with neither of the feminine tones. With a sigh, I mulled over the possibility of ignoring them and going to my cave after all, but I decided to follow my curiosity. There was no telling how long it would be before I would leave my cave once again once I settled down, so I might as well make an attempt at being social while I could. Hooves danced over themselves as I turned towards the voices, head bobbing slightly as I took my time walking to greet them.

When the two figures came into view, I recognized the new Lady - Ophelia I believed it was. Her name had not gone unnoticed to me, for it seemed all the herd had been a buzz when she was announced as the new Lady. I couldn't understand what could possibly be so special about her, from what I could recall she wasn't even in the herd when she was announced Lady. If she was, she certainly wasn't for very long. Dark chocolate eyes studied the ivory mare, resisting all urges to pin my auds back into my mane. Aside from the red accents and the spiraling horn, she had many resemblences to my lost phantom, Morphine. Frankly, I didn't appreciate the reminder. I would have to do my best to maintain my show of respect for her, but I did nothing to lower my crown to her. She may have been superior in my ranks, she may have been the idiotic precious choice of the Spark God, but she had done nothing to earn my respect as of yet. And until she did, I would keep my crown equal to hers. The same test had been put towards Illnyx, this snowy mare would be no different.

My gaze drifted lazily towards the mare beside her, an unfamiliar face with a rich chocolate coat topped with whipped cream hair and long dark horns. I noted the small skull hanging around her neck, curious about the kind of creature it was and how she had acquired such a trinket. 'Why hello there, little truffle.' The left corner of my lip twitched at the thought, a rather dark fantasy beginning to visualize in the back my mind as I approached them. Instead of giving away my sadistic thoughts, the twitch pulled back into a warm smile that could fool even the best behavorist into believing it was genuine. "Good afternoon, M'lady. I don't believe we've truly met yet, I am Panzram, a Phantom. " I introduced myself with a dip of my nose towards each with a friendly nod. Neither would ever suspect that I was imagining that the Lady wasn't even in existance, while I ravished the little truffle in ways that made her plead for mercy. No, to them I was merely a spy introducing himself to his Lady that happened to still be injured and bloodstained from his latest quarrel.

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

TheIceViking

WAPREVAH
Do you think you'll
Love me too, ooh, ooh?

The two mares had not been here for a long while when a equine came to their view, more specifically, a unicorn. He carried a unique horn on his forehead, reminding her slightly of the flames which burned down her previous home and left it in ruins. The tips of his horn were colored blood red. For a moment she wondered if this was some kind of a trade mark for the herd, but when she caught scent of the dried blood she realized it wasn't the case. His body carried some bloodstains as well and she noticed the scars covering his body. The brutal appearance of the stallion sparked an interest. The Arabian mare took notice of his height and adjusted her position, her head raised slightly higher and prouder.

Her blue eyes noticed a smile creep over his lips, his voice soon followed, filling up the silence that had begun to grow in the cold air. Waprevah was not quite sure where his words were directed as he spoke, but he nodded towards both mares. Now that the stallion was closer she could take a bit more notice of his appearance. What she believed was only horn was in fact two, his mane looked short and his rump area seemed to lack a bit of hair. Her own ice cold eyes searched his, noticing the dark brown color of his gaze.

Waprevah's lips parted and her voice flowed from her mouth, charming and smooth like melted chocolate. "It is a pleasure to meet you Panzram, you may call me Waprevah," a soft smile tugged at the corners of her lips. Her dark eyelids slowly lowered, covering her eyes but soon revealing her piercing blue eyes once more, cold as the snow on the ground. “I wonder where one acquires such scars that cover your body, Panzram,” Waprevah said, her eyes slowly moving over his features once more. The mare herself did not carry big scars on her body to pride herself in; however a prize, none the less, hung around her neck on a torn rope.

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo
Illynx had led her here years ago. It was a long and treacherous journey from the Threshold, various dangers and strangers greeting them at their every turn. Times were crueler then, she thought to herself, times were much crueler. Memories flash through her mind, of the wraiths, the failed rescues, the winter she spent underground and so on. She ponders these dismal recallings in the light and shifting breezes, her eyes cast to the dark pines under the sentinels soaking up the shafts of light piercing past the statues. Her attention is quickly caught by a few travellers, the lovely Ophelia guiding in a newcomer, it seems. Tangere smiles to herself and then her feathered raven companion, who gently beats his wings against the wind and squawks in reply before launching from his perch to soar down to the flatter lands below. He lands among the branches where the pair may end up and waits for his land-bound other half. She made her way down in short time, mulling over how relieved she is that she took a make-shift bathe in the pools before she presents herself to a newcomer. She was usually sweaty, dirty and tired from her journeys abroad, studying the plant life that lives across Helovia.

She approaches them from behind, but since there are three now there is no true ‘behind’ to enter from. “Hello,” She nods to Ophelia, a smile to her before dipping her horn to the side. And the stallion, someone she’s seen around but never met, he deserves a nod but her honey-brown stare is observant rather than smiling. She had heard his familiar name upon approach as the girl addressed him. She took a spot next to the newcomer, looking her over rather affectionately, like a child with a new friend. She waited for silence to fall before adding more of her sweet, chimey soft voice, directing her attentions to the girl whose name she regretfully did not catch. “Welcome, I am Tangere – that up there, he is Phrixus, my ever faithful companion.” Smiling on her lips and in her eyes, she looks the girl over briefly. The trinket was intriguing, that was for sure, but the silver mare doesn’t question it.

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

As the shorter mare introduced herself, the broad welcoming smile relaxed into a content smirk, ears perking forward with curiosity as she studied my body. Oh yes, take a good look little miss, and be sure to remember my name. Her name was interesting, unique, one that I had never come across before nor anything like it. But when my eyes dropped to the small skull hanging around her neck, I could not resist coming up with a new nickname for her. 'Prey.' I kept the nickname to myself, avoiding giving away any intentions. I couldn't have been more amused by the nickname, for it had so many reasons behind it. The name was not only a strange way to shorten her name, but also marked that she wore gory trinkets as though they were her trophies from hunting, and of course...She was quickly becoming a target of mine, so what better name to call her by than Prey?

I was so intrigued by my own thoughts that I almost missed her question entirely, just barely making out that she had mentioned the scars across my body. Some old, some new...If my hide could talk, every scar would be able to paint a macabre image for the mind, telling their dark stories behind each one. One corner of my lips pulled into a tighter smirk, a deep chuckle rumbling from my throat. "Ah, years of collecting such scars and each one with a different story behind them. I wouldn't want to bore you with their history." Twisting my neck to look back over my shoulder, I pointed to one of the fresh burns that I had earned in my latest fights. "These burns however, I recently received from a large hybrid that relied heavily on his magic to protect himself." My auds temporarily flicked back at the bitter thoughts of the fire arcs and shapes that the stallion had thrown at me. I couldn't blame the stallion too much, if I was getting my ass handed to me, I'd use magic to keep the attacker at bay as well.

When I turned to look back at the new mare, movement out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. A brow raised as a vaguely familiar mare joins us, her shape and coloring recognizable but apart from that she was as much a stranger to me as she was to Waprevah. Dark eyes took notice of the friendly smile towards Ophelia, yet how her nod lacked the same emotion towards myself. Respectfully I returned the nod, given that she had not yet given me much reason to ignore her. I had no problems with her not wanting to offer her smile to me immediately, skepticism was something that I had grown accustomed to long before Helovia. My eyes darted up towards the strange raven, one brow raising at his white feathers. Never before had I seen a white raven before, then again...There were many things shown to me in Helovia that I had never come across. I logged the pair's names away for future reference while gingerly flicking my snowy tail against my flanks.

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I ain't got time to bleed.

Hysteria. Clouded judgement. Oh shit. Oh shit. I cannot think straight. I have absolutely no idea what I have been doing for like. The last 48 hours. I don't think I have slept either. Fuck. All I know is that I am still not covered in blood. My mind is in an absolute jumble. Voices. My head jerks to one side, unsure if the voices are actually there or just like. In my head. I have no fucking idea. I'm hallucinating probably.

A small crack diverts my attention from wondering if the voices are real or just me losing my fucking mind. I catch sight of a lovely red fox. My blue eyes glitter, as I watch the little creature begin to move slowly away after realizing its grave mistake. In a moment I am on it, a scream escaping from the poor young creature before crunching, and a head and spine being pulled violently from the body, squirting blood everywhere. I felt very satisfied with myself as blood stained my muzzle and face. I drop the carcass and begin to trek to the voices. I feel much better. As I approach I am sure I look like a drunken fool, or like on drugs. Or something. I probably don't look good. Well, I am sure that I look sexy as fuck, because I always do. My sex appeal? One hundred and ninety-fucking-nine percent. I am absolutely positive of this fact actually.

I halt, and I from individual to individual. I don't know you, I don't know you, oh I know you. I like you. Then finally as i look to the brown arabian mare. Who the fuck are you? I cock my head, before moving forward in what I am sure is very graceful until I am standing at the head of the mare in question. "Hi. I am Sialia. Welcome to being eternally freezing your ass off. But, enjoy the really pretty sights. And watching a lot of crazy's run around, and those really sneaky little people called...Er... Phantoms? Right. This lady," I swing my head at Ophelia but remain eye contact with the newbie. "you can trust her. My daughter loooooves her."

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Waprevah]
Words;; 371
Notes;; Sialia welcomes you whilst being BONKERS, and making a REALLY BAD impression. Probably freaking everyone out. <3

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

TheIceViking
WAPREVAH
Do you think you'll
Love me too, ooh, ooh?

Blue eyes stare at the stallion in their field of vision and study his expression, though it was hard. He seemed deep in thought and she waited for his answer, suddenly his words filled the silence that had grown for a few seconds. The mare slow nodded, noticing more scars on his body the longer she gazed. Her gaze shifted towards the burn mark on his body as he explained it. As he spoke of magic her mind began to travel back to her old home, which she had planned on forgetting. The young mare had been born during a battle, a battle that doomed her race. Their opponents had not shown their true colors until that day, she herself of course could not know them before, as she only saw them as they galloped forward, suddenly to shift and attack her own in the flesh of a bear, their teeth digging into the flesh of her family, ripping it apart. Those memories might bring disgust or sadness to others, but for Waprevah, it was as normal as a memory of her trotting by the beach during a sunset. It did not bother her, never had, and most likely, never would.

Their conversation was "interrupted" by a mare, standing around the same height as her. It was a nice change as the other two hovered slightly over her. Her hide was colored lightly, silvery looking with white markings. She carried a horn on her forehead, like the one Ophelia sported, though this one was twisted and not straight like the Forsaken's. The mare introduced herself, placing herself next to Waprevah and she became aware of her presence so close to her. Her words reached the Arabian's ears and she listened carefully. Tangere. Phrixus. "It is a great pleasure to meet you Tangere," the liver chestnut spoke, her words were soft and caring, charming and polite. The mare had a companion with her, a white raven, a rare sight, she had only heard of them. "My name is Waprevah, thank you for the warm welcome," she added, her icy blue eyes showing some resemblance of warmth and appreciation.

Waprevah was taken aback when yet another equine joined; however this one did not seem to bother with first impressions. Her words sound rushed as she welcomes be, though her words are not the same as the others used. Waprevah was not positive if she had caught her name or not, Sialia? She remained silent however, listening as she continued to speak. The blue eyes followed her movement and land on Ophelia, shortly after returning back to the mare. A smile forced its way onto Waprevah's lips as they parted and she spoke. "Thank you," was all she said this time.

@[Ophelia]
@[Tangere]
@[Sialia]
Please tag Wappy in all replies <3
[Image: 6dbd477f6a4a31a0de8712698f20429a-d8dbyo6.png]

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”