the Rift

Dusk and dawn

Casavir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The fabrics of her muscles screamed at her, begging for her to stop, for release. With each step her insides burned so much so that she was convinced that she couldn't physically continue, but yet she did. She paid little attention to her surroundings, save for her at least knowing well enough when to change her course to move out of the way of the trees she steadily drew closer to. Her daggers smacked against the solid terrain with each step, sending more piercing pain dashing through her exhausted muscles as she pushed forward. It had been a long journey, to which she was beginning to wonder whether there would be no end. She did not dare halt though, because it felt as though if she stopped now, she would never make it. Whether it was that she would never make it to her unknown physical destination, or whether she simply would not make it through the trials of life, her mind was not settled on. Surely there was something out there to be found, surely there was an end to reach. Perhaps she depended too much on her life to guide her, that she foolishly believed if she simply trudged on, fate would take hold and she would end up where she needed to be. Or maybe she was simply satisfied with believing this was the truth because she did not know where she wanted to end up, and she could not try to reach for something that she could not see. For now though, it seemed as though her path would be everlasting.

Where she came from, equines were of the utmost ordinary sort. Rather, she was the one who was considered strange, her irregular blaze drawing attention to her. However she had heard of places where beings were more extraordinary, she was just not quite sure that she believed it just yet. She was open to new things, because she believed that her life as it had been was not how life should be. Wasn't life supposed to be... more? Maybe not more in the sense of more fantastic, but simply less trying. It seemed that growing up every moment had been a test, as if life was trying to break her down, believing her to be unworthy and only wanting her to realize it. Parents who hadn't loved her. Even worse, parents who had a child they did not love, and then chose to make another one suffer as Casavir had, Casavir having to look after this child so that the filly did not have to endure the pain. Hard enough to know that she would never be able to fill the void her parents left in her sister's life, try as she may. And then, growing up, experiencing love and then... losing it. Feeling broken, being beaten, abused, taken advantage of. Losing all sense of self. No longer having any faith, any hope. But there had to be hope. Surely if she had lost all hope, she wouldn't be trudging on as she was now. One step at a time towards a target she knew nothing about... but surely there had to be one.

It was only due to a change of scenery that she pulled herself from within, bringing her attention back to the world around her instead of lost in thought. The land before her seemed to be dishing down, the trees thinning and a valley expanding before her. Her gaze travelled all around and took in what could be seen: mountains stretched tall towards the sky, casting large shadows upon the ground for the sun seemed to be making it's escape for the day. There seemed to be quite the gathering of equines here, which inclined her to believe this was some sort of popular gathering place - truly not the place she felt like being right now. She did not pay enough attention to these other beings to draw any conclusions about them, but rather continued on her own path towards a small creek that seemed to go unnoticed, perhaps due to it's minuscule size. It was only when she drew near the flowing water that she finally allowed her pace to slowly drift to a stop. Immediately her seventeen point two hand bodice wanted to freeze, making her regret her travel and bring her attention to the exhaustion she felt. She lowered her dished face down to the aqua, gently placing obsidian kissers upon it's surface, feeling the ice cold tickle her skin. She wanted to dive in, allow the water to relieve her bodice of all the tension she felt, refresh her. She refrained though, only instead allowing herself to take a hearty gulp to satisfy her thirst. She sighed, the water shifting beneath the forceful air. She did not lift her crania from the element, instead simply lifting her silver voids to look around. For a moment, she worried. She wondered whether it was a mistake that she had stopped, that she would now be trapped and unable to move forward. But she had a small inkling of hope within her that perhaps something here, or someone, would help her move again.

That, or at least someone would try to come and play with her.

*Notes - Aiiiiii so bad at starters, I'm sorry! Open to everything. :D
EDIT: I have changed the font on this post too!
*Words - 886
*Muse - bah!

I'm vulnerable, you're loveable.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

So, Aly believed that if Resplendence just 'got out' that others would talk to her. That maybe others would actually take her in, see what was wrong, just be there for her. She doubted this, oh how Resplendence doubted this. But, still, she moved forward, unable to truly concentrate - no, she just knew that she had to move. Perhaps she could prove she wasn't useless by bringing in a new member or two. She had been looking for herbs all month, and mostly found what she had been looking for. She just didn't feel like looking anymore. She needed to do something else. And, even though she was afraid of going towards all of these other horses she knew that she had to.

Valiance took to the skies, looking for those that she might hit before she could run into them. And, when he thought the one she might run into was too dangerous, too threatening, he pushed her away - told her to move in a different direction. So she followed him, knowing that he would give her the least difficult thing to deal with that she could think of. And, when she finally started to get tired, when she finally felt like she needed to stop and rest, Valiance led her toward the water.

Careful, calculated steps were how she got there - afraid to make noise or step on a twig. She didn't want to be noticed if she didn't have to be. So she finally arrived at the water, a small creek that offered just enough liquid to quench her thirst and replenish her muscles so that they did not cramp. In the distance she could see another creature, very large, but definitely another creature. So, taking her time, she dropped her maw and then took in the water that was necessary. Then, finally, she lifted her cranium and began to move toward the lingering frame.

It was gentle, quiet steps. Her head low and Valiance flying in from above. "Excuse me, are you lost? Can I… Can I be of any assistance?" uncertain, quiet, low. Yet, welcoming, gentle, and kind. Things that didn't seem to always mix when it came to the way words were spoken. And, as if to reassure the rosy mare that he loved, Valiance swooped down and took his place upon her poll giving gentle clicks of courage.

^^ Eep. Welcome <3
Can you raise the font size 1 or 2 pts in future posts, please? It's a little difficult for me to read. :P

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Unregistered
For quite some time, the jet black being stood alone and in peace, or at least in as much peace as she could be considering her aching body and chaotic thoughts. The quiet that surrounded her felt calming as if life was trying to tell her to settle down. When the scene around her changed even in the slightest, it felt as though she was almost hyper sensitive to it. Casavir was aware when another creature began to encroach on her space, but for the first several moments, there was no interaction between the pair. Immediately she had felt her muscles tense beneath her thin pelt, if that was even possible to do so considering how tight they already were from her journey, preparing herself for some sort of imaginary danger that the newcomer might pose. But after a short time, she began to assume that the other was here for the same reason she was, the satisfaction that could be provided from the cool liquid that was before them. As soon as her muscles let up even in the slightest though was when this character chose her moment to say something, immediately throwing the fibres back into action. "Excuse me, are you lost? Can I… Can I be of any assistance?" Casavir swung towards the approacher, head flung high and eyes wary as she looked at the mare. But the mare's words were quiet, spoken low. There was no hint of coldness within them, nevermind the fact that the words actually spoken seemed rather caring. Her thorns flickered for several seconds while she debated how she was going to react to this situation. Run? No, she was far too tired. Be a grump? No, this mare seemed too polite and that might make Casavir feel bad. The way the being had spoken her words made Casavir feel at ease, so rather than play and fool the other equine, she spoke earnestly, "I don't know that I'm lost so much as I don't have anywhere to be.. Or to go."

It was really uncertain whether or not this equine would be able to fix Casavir's predicament, or even if any one would be able to. Perhaps not, but if someone was willing to try… could Casavir let them? Should she? Ugh, all these questions and concerning herself over what could be rather than what was actually happening was seriously going to give her a headache. She was lucky that then something strange happened to tear her attention away from the thoughts that plagued her. For suddenly, a ruby coloured creature swooped from above to land upon Casavir's companion, and the obsidian mare started slightly. Not taking into account that something had swooped down upon them and that was unnerving enough as was, this creature was like nothing Casavir had ever seen before. She stared at the creature with wide, frightened blue-green chasms. What was it? Was it some sort of bird? It couldn't be. She had never seen a bird so featherless. It was like a lizard, except it was not, for she had never encountered one that could fly. She blinked in shock at the scene, although then noticed that the mare had not reacted to the appearance of this creature, rather she didn't seem nearly as surprised as Casavir was at all. She then felt foolish, obviously at the disadvantage for her lack of knowledge about what was going on. Perhaps things here were as she had heard… much more farfetched than she could have ever imagined, or even dared to dream about. She shook her head, feeling like a complete idiot, but still mustered up enough courage to ask, "I'm clearly not from around here…. what... is that?" She did not want to outright stare at it in fear that she might offend it or something, but she was so intrigued by it she could not help but let her voids rest upon it, taking in it's detail as she tried to determine it's purpose. It was just so… odd to her to see such a fantastic creature with an equine who seemed so completely at ease with it's presence.

Yes, this place was definitely going to take some getting used to.

*Notes - Is that any better? I apologize for your troubles!
*Words - 704
*Muse - okay.

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin
Increased font size to 13px. I still couldn't read it x.x

Resplendence

Her words seemed to place the other mare in a state of shock. The way that the dark one's head flung and eyes seemed to widened - panicking much like Res would have had she been in the same situation. Ears flickered back and forth until words finally began to spill from the mare's lips. Valiance swooped down then, taking his place upon Resplendence's poll and flicking his tail, allowing his feathers to rub across her crest in a comforting manner. And, then shaking out his feathered wings, so contrasting-ly different against the scales that covered the majority of his body - light red portions matching those upon Resplendence's coat.

"I-I see," she said, a gentle nod from the pale mare as she tried to stand up a little straighter - though she was still very, very shy. Alas, the conversation shifted to Valiance, the dark mare shaking her head as she asked what the 'thing' was that was atop Res's head. Slightly insulted by being called a 'thing', Valiance fluffed up and let out a huff of smoke. No fire, definitely no fire, because he would have risked singeing her hair and that just… that would not work. It would be an abomination to the already beautiful, though shattered, mare that he was resting on. A gentle laugh escaped Res's mouth as she told Valiance to calm down through their bond before looking over toward the darker mare.

"This is Valiance," Resplendence started. "He's a dragon and my companion." Valiance fluffed his wings once more and let out a few chirps in agreement before taking to the air and landing on the ground between the two mares - allowing the dark one to fully take in his feathered wings, headdress, and the few feathers along his tail. Yes, Res saw him as a rare beauty - but that didn't mean he was as humble as the mare he was bonded to. In fact, he definitely more vain. Oh, but the pale mare's name. Yea. That might be important.

"Y-you can call me Resplendence. Might I have the h-honour of your name?" she said, eyes shifting between the ground and the dark mare - unsure of which she saw as a sign of respect (even though Res was generally more comfortable with eyes trained down…)

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Unregistered
The strange being was making it almost impossible for Casavir to stare at him. His movements were so flashy, his hues so demanding that despite trying to keep her focus on the other equid, her chasms were often darting back and forth between she and the being that sat upon her. She could see now though that he did indeed have more feathers than she first might have assumed, although still she could not recognize what it might be. His tones danced upon the the mare's pelt in a splendid fashion, something that made a small smile try to trickle onto Casavir's features, which she refused. "I-I see," The stranger responded, gently nodding. Casavir's skull fell to the side slightly as the mare's words came out somewhat stuttered, but said nothing for perhaps it was simply accident.

It seemed as though she offended the creature, or something, in having asked what it was, for it's immediate reaction was to huff some smoke. Was it smoke? It looked like it. There was a small twinge of panic inside of her that made her wonder whether or not she had made quite the mistake in saying what she had and whether it could turn the tides on their meeting, but it seemed not to. Instead, the other mare seemed to laugh in an almost kindness at Casavir''s words, and then explained, "This is Valiance." The mare started to say, giving name to the unknown being and Casavir could not help but have her gaze be drawn to the strange individual. "He's a dragon and my companion." She listened intently, harks faced forwards although watched the winged being stretch out, let out the strangest of noises. He glided to the terrain between the two equines and Casavir was able to look at him better, although she was still not sure whether or not it was something she wanted to get too close to. Considering the pearl hued mare seemed to have no problem with him, Casavir felt as though that should give her indication to be as relaxed as well. She just found it a little difficult being near something that was just so unfamiliar to her. Even so, the anomaly that this being was was truly intriguing. "Well, I cannot say that we have anything like that where I have travelled from." She explained, her mind whirling about the creature, She lowered her crania in his direction, looking into his eyes as she said, "Er… It's quite different for me, but it's nice to meet you Valiance?" She tried to be polite, although she was not so used to doing so, especially to an exotic thing, so she wasn't sure that it came out properly. She hoped they would at least appreciate the effort. When the striking creature's companion started to speak once again, Casavir drew her voids away from it, although watched it out of the corner of her eyes.

"Y-you can call me Resplendence. Might I have the h-honour of your name?" The other being asked, and Casavir watched as her voids shifted between the ground and herself. There were her words again, stuttered and almost struggling to come out. Was Casavir truly so terrifying? Or was this mare simple just so timid? She couldn't be sure. She supposed that there would always be something about meeting a stranger that was to be mistrustful of, although Casavir would have assumed that this creature might have had a little more faith considering she had been the one to approach the encounter in the first place. She supposed though that if Casavir was allowed to be wary of Valiance, Resplendence was allowed to be wary of Casavir. Although considering the situation, it seemed that Resplendence might be on the better end of things… Having a little dragon to protect her. Or something. Casavir then realized that having been lost in her thoughts for a moment might have meant that she had waited a moment too long to answer Resplendence, for a strange silence had fallen between them as Resplendence's question hung in the air. The obsidian mare quickly nodded, her tassels bounding enthusiastically as she replied, "But of course." Casavir said, hoping she hadn't made things too awkward, "My name is Casavir. Charmed to meet you."

*Notes - <3
*Words - 749
*Muse - alright!

Resplendence

Valiance was very good at casting a stage of uncertainty upon all his unprepared victims. Well… victims in the sense that "OMG THERE IS A DRAGON AND IT BREATHES FIRE" - and sometimes actually getting burned. But, ya' know. It's cool. It's totally cool. He wasn't about to burn this mare before him. Not just because she was a mare, but because she seemed to be far from a threat. Alas, as Resplendence introduced him correctly he went down to the ground in order to seem less threatening (yea, not totally possible) and to show off his feathers and scale and mohawk. Yep. He's just that kinda boy.

The mare says that it is nice to meet him, that she hadn't seen anything like him and that it was different. So, since he was just the kind to make things ever the more uncomfortable, he padded his way forward - talons digging into the dirt, before curling his tail around one of her legs in a playful (yea…. it is totally playful when a dragon wraps his tail around your leg) and then taking to the sky again in order to take his place once more upon Resplendence's back.

During that time, Resplendence tried to ask that the mare's name was after offering her own. But, it seemed that the mare was struggling with something herself. A slightly uncomfortable silence falls upon them, when suddenly the mare seems to realize, locks bouncing enthusiastically as if to make up for the wait before offering her own name. "P-pleasure, Casavir." Resplendence carefully twisted her frame into a more comfortable position before allowing a few more words to fall from her lips. "Are y-you looking for somewhere to stay? The Edge, my home, could offer you shelter and a home if you'd wish?"

Yes. The mare was sweet enough, perhaps she would like it at the Edge.

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Unregistered
The strange feather-lizard - Oh, she had said dragon - seemed to be pleased or something by Casavir's response, or at least that's what she was hoping he was. She was rather shocked though when he decided to stride confidently towards her, and casually wrap his tail around one of her limbs. She froze, this being so unusual for her that she wasn't quite sure how to react - she had just found out that there were such a thing as dragons after all, and now one was… What exactly was it doing? But before she could even really decide, it had taken flight again and landed back upon the pretty mare before her. Don't get her wrong, Casavir was not a push over, and she was not generally afraid of things easily. However, life had been quite trying lately, what with her having to travel to a new home and now having all these new experiences, from meeting a stranger to her own strange mythical companion. Should she have told anyone from her home this story, she was sure that they would have found her absolutely insane. But there it was before her eyes… And she hoped she hadn't acted too foolish. At least she would know for next time when something farfetched appeared before her that these things happen here. Or… did they? Would more things such as this happen? Who knew. She would be ready though. She nearly laughed at loud at these thoughts, debating the fact that "She had faced a dragon and lived". Didn't sound so impressive considering the situation, though.

Resplendence didn' t seem to notice how long it had taken Casavir to remember her manners, or at least if she did, she chose not to speak of it. Kind of her. "P-pleasure, Casavir." The other mare said, shifting upon her limbs before then saying, "Are y-you looking for somewhere to stay? The Edge, my home, could offer you shelter and a home if you'd wish?" That was the question, was Casavir looking for somewhere to stay? Well, she wouldn't be where she was if she hadn't been, would she? Or rather, she supposed that the true question of the matter was, was this it? She had travelled long and far, yet she didn't know whether she had reached her destination. Whether or not she would ever know whether she reached her destination, though, when she was ultimately unsure of what it was she looked for, was to be debated. Truly, it was her muscles that still ached beneath her pelt, her limbs that trembled slightly from her travels that inclined her to believe that it would not be such a bad idea to accept Resplendence's offer for shelter. That, and how could she say no when the mare had been so kind to her? It was a refreshing change, considering those who she had spent time with previously had been less than pleasant, and she found that it caused herself to be a lot more easy going than she generally might have been in another circumstance. It was good... to be in the presence of someone like her. Her blue-green chasms were set upon Resplendence for several seconds as she debated these thoughts in her mind, before then saying, "I... would appreciate that." The words seemed to get stuck on her tongue, much to Casavir's annoyance. She wasn't so used to admitting that she could use aid of any sort, being so used to being independent and needing to look after herself. But sometimes one had to put their pride aside while they dealt with the matter at hand. "Thank you for your offer. Is it far from here?" She asked, her bodice still protesting but she knew she would be able to tough it out so long as she could keep imagining rest and relief upon the horizon.

*Notes - <3
*Words - 670
*Muse - okay - life got crazy so sorry. xD