the Rift

Lost and Found {Quest turn in}

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
I've never felt so lost. A shattered heart, my pathetic remains. I try to keep it all together, to hide the loss. I'm a young stallion who gave his heart away unwittingly and was handed it back - or most of it - in pieces. I didn't know any better and I thought she returned my feelings. I was blind. And to top it off I've got a reminder of her hanging around my neck. Africa's sun amulet. It glows even as the sun shines down on me in the middle of the Sky Island. It is its own radiance. Glowing with the electricity from Tandavi. I had thought to ask to keep it, as a charm of sorts to remind me always of Africa. That was before she broke my heart. Now, I want nothing to do with it.

I had been excited, too, about the information I'd gathered about Asch and Erebos. I know little of them except their appearances and what magic they each possess. Now, though the information still interests me and I still must share it with Gaucho, I am not as bouncy as I had been. I stop in my tracks, and a light breeze blows the grasses around me. I look to the sky, naively assuming that the sky is where all Gods descend from. "I have completed the tasks you gave me, O great God of the Spark!"

I hope that the Gods do not fault me for me down-in-the-dumps attitude. Perhaps turning in my quest to them is just what I need. To realize a new purpose and look within myself for something other than the pansy that could do nothing but follow around a woman afraid to commit, afraid to love with the passion I love. Perhaps it is what I need to find myself. To be found.

WC: 306
@[Random Event] (God of the Spark)
12/17/13 :: Magic: Fire x Shock | (A) The ability to conjure flame and manipulate its form, with sparks of the fire being used as a possible weapon to burn and shock.
Wishlist
Quest drop: Let's do the time warp again
  • Received sun amulet: Ruined Fantasies
  • Was shocked: Viper Kisses
  • Spied on an enemy: I played soldier, you played king

• Please let me know if I am missing anything!

Satanic Silk
    [Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

God of the Spark Posts: 111
    Helovian Ancient
    Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
    Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

Everything stopped. Only the air, and light were allowed to continue to pass through time - for they were as timeless as the being who stopped them. The grasses ceased to stir, and the trees halted their gentle sway. The clouds did not travel across the sky, nor did a single animal dare to move or breath. All had been paused in time. The air itself, free to move as it would, seemed to be holding its breath as suddenly everything shifted.

Silk's body was suddenly transported hundreds of feet down, to the Veins of the Gods.

Without any of the pomp or circumstance that his kin normally arrived with, the God simply materialized. A small fizzle of electricity danced up once of his hooves where he had parted the time streams to slip through, but other than that he just simply was.

A wry gaze bore into the stallion. "Were my instructions not clear?" He inquired, head tilted slightly to the side. "Did I not tell you to meet me at the veins once your task was completed?" The Island had been baptized in blood - and he would not have his orders disobeyed to bring him there. "Even though I have all of time at my disposal, I will not have it wasted. Now then, let's see if you accomplished the rest of your tasks with as much scrutiny as you did our meeting place. On whom did you spy and of what did you learn?"

FYI: Because the God transported Silk to the Veins, this thread has been moved!

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Everything went eerily still. The world - TIME - seemed to stop. The wind, the trees, sand, grass... my breath seems to have halted, but I'm not thirsting for oxygen. In the blink of an eye - quicker- I am no longer on the Sky Island, but below in the Veins of the Gods. My eyes blink and I see the glory that is the Veins. They glow brightly and shimmer against my onyx coat. But where I stand is by the ocean, at the Shrine of the God of Spark. Part of his shrine is on land, the other part in the sea. I'm busy admiring my surroundings when the God himself appears. Out of nowhere he appears before me and I stare in awe. Electricity jumps around him. Of course I have seen him before, but that does not make him any less impressive. I bend a knee and my head before him in respect. The first thing he does is chastise me. 'Did I not tell you to meet me at the veins once your task was completed?' I was supposed to return to him in the Veins. Of course, before the Sky Island appeared, this was the natural place to return to, to find and meet the Gods. But since the Island had appeared I thought it was there that we should seek the Gods. My first instinct is to try to explain, to tell him why I went to the Island, to soothe his irritation with me. But I think better of it, not wanting to anger him. I'm fairly certain I know better than to talk back to a God.

Instead, I seek to please. He asks on whom I spied, and what I learned of them. A nervous smile comes across my face. I am happy to tell the tales I have learned. "I apologize for my mistake, O Great One. I spied on Erebos and Asch, small children that I think might have been from the Basin, based on their scent. I do not know them otherwise. I came upon them play fighting by the Ancient Rotunda." At least, it was my perception that they were play-fighting. I recall watching with interest, not observing much except their appearances at first. "I learned that they each have magic that they are still getting used to. Erebos discovered for the first time I believe that he can cause flame to erupt upon touching another - in this case Asch. It swirled up her legs like a ball of fire and burned her!" I exclaim with surprise as if I had been the one discovering the magic of my friend, as if I had been in Asch's place. "She asked HIM if he was okay, though she was hurt. She spoke then of the magic she had recently discovered within herself: She can superheat blood, so hot that it can even boil." My eyes are alight with the memory of it all. I didn't know such magic existed, though I believe anything is possible with the magic of Helovia and the Gods. But such powerful forces within young children? Astounding. I refocus my gaze, coming back from my memories and returning to the God of the Spark. "I hope that the information I bring pleases you, O God of the Spark."

Walking "Talking"
    OOC: My mistake!
    WC: 552

Satanic Silk
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

Helovian Ancient
    Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

Silk's thoughts were not his own. They slipped through the air and into the God's infinite mind like the scents of summer. The God is pleased that the pegasus does not try and justify his ignorance, for that would have further irritated him. Perhaps he was not quite as foolish after all.

However as he spoke, this thought wavered in the Gods mind. Completely silently the stout creature waited until the bat winged mortal had finished. This was only partially out of respect, the remainder of his silence was caused by surprise.

"You were told to spy on an enemy. Instead, you tell me that you spied on a pair of children that you think were from the Basin. When did children of the Basin become your enemies? " Disapproval and annoyance were written all across the God's mingled features, as his electric gaze bore into the dark stallion. "And during this very risky spying session-" He continued, sarcasm practically dripping from his lips as he spoke. "- you learned they had magic? Magic! Of all things. Imagine that. Helovian's with magic. Truly Silk your enemies revealed a valuable secret."

Skeptically his gaze bore into the stallion. Had the inhabitants of this land truly grown so lazy and filled with entitlement that this was they way they honored their responsibilities? This half-assed none sense? Or perhaps even more astoundingly, this was the best the bat-winged creature could do. Snorting, the God didn't know what to believe. On the one hand, Silk was a spy by rank. Did the Throat really have its priorities so mingled that spying on children who may or may not belong to his herd, and their Northern neighbors, counted as an honest days work?

Only cowards viewed children as enemies.

"Speak." He demanded. He would hear what this marked creature had to say for himself.

To my dismay, the Time God does NOT seem pleased with what I have offered. He ridicules me, mocking my choice of enemy to spy on. Risky? No, it was not risky, not really. (Unless they had chosen to report back to their parents perhaps of the occasion, that might ruffle feathers.) But there is no reason that spying on someone has to include threat of danger. Sure, that risk is often present and a hallmark of spying. But it's not a prerequisite, I should think. But I'm not here to argue about the definition of spying, and so that thought is completely irrelevant. Instead, he asks me to defend my choice, and defend it I shall.

"I think it would be unwise to assume that children are harmless. These in particular were children of the Aurora Basin. I know the scent from Thranduil, and Hotaru. By Hotaru's stealths and Thranduil's presence in the Throat - for I am still wary of his intentions - surely they are up to something. How do I know they won't use their young against us, to lure us with a false sense of security lent by the innocence of childhood? How do I know they aren't grooming child soldiers? After all, they won't be children forever. I'd rather know my enemy before they become stronger and more difficult to defeat."

I watch him, looking for his reaction as I speak. Will he accept my explanation? Will he find it worthy? Or will he truly think I'm wasting his time? Surely he knows that is not my purpose, and that I have come here thinking my mission completed to satisfaction.

Walking "Talking"
    WC: 274

Satanic Silk
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

Helovian Ancient
    Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

The God's expression does not change from one of silent disapproval as the winged out spins his tale. It is fantastical to be sure. To happen upon two young babes - nay - two soldiers in training apparently, and to be able to deduce them based on scent. How truly wonderful Silk's nose must have been to know such a thing. Especially based on the scent of those he hadn't even really met.

The God narrowed his eyes and the world swam. The veins blurred, the sky became the sea, and the tides danced above their heads. In this strange world, the God peered. Images danced and wavered before him, as his all-knowing gaze searched the time streams. It took not more than an instant, but to the God, he had all the time he needed. With the stomp of his hoof the world once again righted itself.

The God of Time and the Spark, in those infinite seconds had passed his judgement.

He found Silk's answered unacceptable.

"You have wasted my time with this." He began, voice strikingly calm. His judgement was not one born out of a desire to make the bat-winged one atone for his crimes. The God didn't care about that. But the scales of time were out of balance, and that would not do. "Now I will waste yours. Do not return here until one full year has passed. When that happens return precisely to this spot." Raising a hoof, he slammed it down creating a crack in one of the rocks. "If you plan on failing my instructions for a third time, do not bother coming at all."

In a thunderous display, the God disappeared leaving only a faint sizzling sound.

Silk has failed his quest. You will not be able to return to the Veins for one full IC year (So September 13, 2015).

You used information that Silk couldn't possibly have had.

First, no one knew that Thranduil was from the Basin during his time in the Throat. Silk has never successfully blocked a stealth from Thranduil, and had no way of knowing that he was from the Basin. Similarly Silk did not thread with Hotaru while she was in the Throat and has not had significant interactions with her. Thirdly, being able to associate whatever smell they had with the children of the Basin is an extreme stretch.

Finally, your spying thread took place in October of RT - which was during FrostFall. Hotaru was not captured until December of RT - or Birdsong, and his conversations with Thranduil in the Throat occurred during this time period.