[OPEN] Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

SHIDA
I'll be a thousand miles to the sun
before you even know what I've done
I feel a meager spark of disappointment as the furry-rat tells (me) us that our answers are unacceptable. The fuck? How does it know that I won't find water if I explode the sands enough? That's bullshit. I request another judge. I want to watch the play-by-play on the big screen. I realize I don't particularly like this feeling of being told that I am wrong. Of being told that I am boring.

I want to do the thing right now. I want to explode the very ground that the furry rat stands upon, but ... but I don't. Is this what growing up is like?

NAWWW. HELLS NO. This is what being a conniving motherfucker is like.

I'll play your game furry rat. I'll play, and I'll win.

I've actually kept quite quiet, listening to what the other boobs have to say. Auri's answer is actually mildly reasonable. I'm shocked. I might pass out and die (just kidding, the twit is actually pretty clever)

"HAH." I bellow, rather mule-like as big bitch December opens her mouth. I look towards the furry rat with a smirk, as if we're the oldest of chums, and it can read my thoughts as well as my expression. She wants the poop-kid? Nahhhh. Ain't no way the rat would give it to you I think. Yeah fucking RIGHT. You want a kid? Go poop one out yourself." I squawk in her direction.

My logic is solid. I can't magic poop-kids yet like Ma can. December can (it looks like she's got 10 kids in her right now). ERGOOOO (Latin, FTW), I should get it. Or at the very least, she shouldn't.

Everyone is agreeing that the Gods could do this stupid fucking task, and I'm just here shaking my head. Aren't they listening ? Auri nailed it - it's a goddamn paradox idiots. Huffing, I step forward, really wanting to do the thing but deciding to answer the question instead.

"Wrong, wrong WRONG." I begin, trying to imitate how the furry rat told us we were all boring. "They couldn't do it. Listen up. Just because they're Gods, and are omnipotent-" I shoot a look at Erebos, stealing his word. "Does not mean 'can do whatever the fuck'. Being all powerful is not the same as being able to contradict the laws of logic. So no, they can't break logic, but that doesn't mean they aren't all powerful either. "

Did that even make sense? I mean, I know it did, and I"m sure the furry rat knows what's up, but these morons don't look like they have a clue.

"They have the power to do everything that is within their power to do. This just isn't one of those things. So noooooooooo."

Idjits..

Image by the lovely dark! Table style by Tamme!

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My ears twitched as the fox thing cried out that we were all boring. Boring? Irritation simmered beneath my skin as he explained how we were all dead and how the one who stayed behind would die. No escapes, no exploding for water....blah blah blah. Then he turned on on of the others who had took life only so she could find help and save the other. I felt sorry for him. To be singled out like that was just not right.

“Hey!” I talked back to him not caring what he really thought about me anymore, “What gives you the right to say we're all dead? Besides if you think we all are so boring then why don't you just leave. No one is making you stay. So leave and make this gathering all for naught.”

I huffed as I did my best to calm down. No need to get too hot headed Astra. I looked up to the sky while the fox thing once more asked another question and much like the last two all the answers where probably going to be boring to him. If he really wanted some variation he could have at least asked more than two possible answer questions. I mean the first was a yes or no question, the second a stay or go question, and this one was another yes or no. Great...just put a smile on your face and answer it already and let's get this show on the road.

“Well I think they could definitely make a boulder of a similar size. And if each god has to try to lift the boulder on their own, then I say yes. God or not everybody has their limitations,” I begin as I look down towards him, “But if the gods work together who knows. Amazing feats happen every day when people band together to get something done so why can't the gods perform an amazing feat together? Besides, to lift the boulder all they would really have to do is lift it a hair's width and that would be considered lifting it in my book.”

I looked around a little to the faces that surrounded me. Hopefully this game that the fox was playing was near done and hopefully...that egg's mystery would be solved here soon.

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 387
TAGGED;; boop
OOC;; Astraea is looking for a Royal Silver Inari Kitsune with black eyes with Fire.
WISHLIST
No Prior Refusals.

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane as Mary Queen of Scotts from Reign

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Her huntress glanced up at her with annoyance on her face, and Hotaru snorted in similarly amused, if also frustrated, agreement. If he was so wise, and could deem them unfit, then he would have foreseen their supposedly boring answers. Then again, Hotaru had met a lot of incredibly arrogant beings, and she supposed they must think themselves deserving of it in some fashion. Her desires for the egg would not keep her lips closed, nor would it change her response in any way. If he awarded it to her, it would be because she was honest with her intentions, her personality.

The Gods were beings Hotaru had only mild experience with, but considering all the foals gathered around, perhaps she even had the most What she had seen, discovered...well, her answer was something that came a little bit easier. Though Shida's obnoxious squealing nearly caused her brain to hemorrhage. She wondered if she could convince Arya to poke her with her horn, just a bit. Hotaru was certainly tempted, and immensely grateful that her own daughters weren't so boorish.

"You keep asking us paradox questions, though I suppose for a reason. Either way, the Gods have made it clear in my experience with them that they are not all-knowing, nor are they all-powerful. Why else would they rely upon us at times?" Remembering the wraiths still made her skin crawl just a little bit, but that was something best not recalled. "There are four Gods for a reason; balance. If one had the power to usurp the others, or to have a more potent power capable of making a boulder the others could not lift, there would be no balance. So no, I do not believe they are capable, merely because of how they were made on the scale." Shrugging, she kicked a hoof back and cocked her hip. Whether the all-knowing panda liked her answer or not, she was quickly finding herself not caring.

Wishlist :: [Companion: Common/Royal Hellhound | Acid]

Denials: X :: X

image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
E
V
E
N
T
At least a new question brings new life into the unwitting contestants that have gathered below. The red panda proudly accepts the beratement that they bestow upon him, smirking that he has gotten them riled up enough rouse anger within them. Perhaps those that have yelled at him would actually prove to be good parents to the little egg he coddles. Still, it is not anger that this egg needs. It is cunning, it is perseverance, it is a will to live even when the choice to die is the easy one to make.

As he listens to their answers, there is one in particular who stands out to him. It is the woman who had raised two daughters well enough to love upon her as they came into this meeting. It is the woman who was cunning enough to recognize a paradox when it was offered to her. It is the woman who recognized the ideas of balance between the gods, and that one god cannot be better than the rest.

As they all finish talking, he silently goes to work, tying the egg into one of the vines that hangs near him. Gently, so gently, he hangs it over the edge of the rotunda and then lets it go. Perhaps by magic, or perhaps by his own sort of mathematical cunning, the egg gently swings down and hangs in front of Hotaru, waving back and forth gently. “Take care of it, mother. This is a special child.” Smiling, he curls up on the top of the rotunda and pulls his tail over his eyes. Still, he watches her through his fur, wondering to see what her reaction will be.

Congratulations to HOTARU on winning a royal hellhound with acid.

List, Roll
Extra rolls were awarded in round 2 for choosing to save yourself
Extra rolls were awarded in round 3 for verbally recognizing the question was a paradox
Neither of the provided links for Hotaru counted as refusals, as she did not make it to the end of either drop.
All except Agrona may count this as a refusal.
Image Credit