Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
M
E
G
A
E
R
A
From far off, she must have looked absolutely ridiculous. She bounced up and down upon the dunes again and again , spending a short while in the red sand then bursting up into the air to circle the area once before coming back down to repeat the process like god’s own fiery yo-yo. If one was to draw a bit closer, it was clear enough what she was doing: iron-hard hooves dug furiously in the red dirt , leaving a shallow divot, only a few inches wide running along the ground in some curving pattern. Up she would jump, black tipped wings drawing her up into the air so she could check her pattern, for really all she was doing now was sketching.

From her vantage point in the air, she could survey the celebration ground and the placement she’d picked for the bonfires. In the center was a circle, five feet in diameter, for the central pit. Around that, about twenty yards, arced a wide thin circle, broken in four places to point in the four cardinal directions (and allow walking access to the central pit). Beyond this, fingers reached outward in waving lines to complete her masterpiece, the sun reborn upon the earth. Well, It would look better when there were fires lit, she thought. For now it was just a rough track of scratches in the dirt. Time to start on the real digging…

She returned to the ground and set to work, following the lines she had traced. In no time at all, she was coverd in sweat and dirt, looking a bit more chestnut than bay. She thought a good deal about the Sun as she labored to make her own. Was it only a few days before that she had felt its light channeled through her? She was sure it had been sunlight, nothing else could have been so pure and bright and healing. They why and how of it still baffled her. It definitely hadn’t been part of the magic Gaucho had given her, it had been larger, and somehow so much more hers. It still frightened her a little, f the God of Sun had blessed her with his own light, why wouldn’t she have known? How could she prove herself worthy of it? With all these thoughts filtering through her mind, Megaera threw herself into to the task. The Sun Celebration would be a time of praise, and she had a lot to be thankful for.

- - -

Tags: @[Sacre]
Notes: Ditch digging for the festival prep!!
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
When you're hidden in darkness,
Would you run towards the light?

”Party!”

The words exploded in Sacre’s minds and bounced around enough for him to wince at his bonded’s wild buoyant cry. There was to be a festival and it would be an understatement to say that Inari was excited. Sacre too felt a fluttering in his heart at the thought of carefree merriment and the forming new friendships in a celebration of the sun. The pair thrived off social interaction and the chance to touch friendly souls in a way that spoke family and joy. He hoped Roux had got the invite and would come, Sacre hadn’t seen his brother in so long, but his arrow hadn’t glowed even once which meant his twin had not seen danger in his absence. This was enough to settle his heart, but not enough to stop the dull pain that would always fill his chest whilst his sibling did not remain by his side. Were they not meant to roam this world together? A two horse band causing mischief and meddling in business that was not their own, that was the life Sacre had dreamed when he left the Basin in hopes of more and what he had found was not what he had sought, but was equally as fulfilling. The dry sand rolled in the wind and clung to his fur, the scent of home filled his nostrils and he nodded once to himself. ”Yes”, the thought echoed through his head, he was meant to be born in the snowy north, but he was also meant to travel here, into the warm embrace of the Sun Lords land. At least, he felt that here was where he was supposed to be right now in this moment and this time in his life, this was absolute.

Taking in the complete delight of the present he lived, Sacre cantered off with Inari by his side, heading for the site where holes needed digging for the bonfires to be made. Upon his speedy arrival a familiar figure entered his view, though she resembled more of the dirt on the ground than the usual rustic bay he knew quite well. "Meg!" He shouted happily as he beamed a smile at her, it seemed they were to keep meeting like this and he enjoyed her company every time. "Let me lend you a hoof" as soon as the words left his mouth, two cloven appendages aimed for a nice looking spot on the ground and dug into the earth with as much force as he could. Sacre continued to repeat this process and Inari soon joined in, planting his rear legs into the ground as he dug with his forepaws.

The work was tiring and soon the colt had a similar appearance to the mare he was labouring with. Now and then he would pause to catch his breath, it was in one of these moments he cast a glance to Meg "are you looking forward to the celebrations? I know I am!" he laughed with excitement as folds of unruly black hair began to stick to his sweaty body.

@[Megaera]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
M
E
G
A
E
R
A
The warrior reveled in the work, the more fatigued she became the more satisfied she was. She needed that selfless fulfillment. Knowing that her labors would benefit the whole heard during their celebrations gave her a drive and purpose, and it was like food to a hungry mouth. In the midst of her furious activity, she heard a familiar shout. Dirt-spattered head raised, a smile plastered upon it as she saw Sacre and his little foxy friend come into view. “Sacre!” she called jovially. He was a welcome sight indeed, and quickly becoming one of her dearest friends in the throat. He was perhaps more soft spoken than she, but she enjoyed his company. “Some help would be welcome, thank you! I just hope Sikeax like the design. If we follow the track that I’ve traced out, it should look like the sun from above and give plenty of light to our festivities.”

They worked in silence for a while and Meg only looked up when he called out to her again. She laughed to see Inari hard at work as well and Sacre just as dirty as she. ”I am indeed! It will be a welcome change to gather the herd for a celebration instead of dire news. It sounds like it will be a wonderful time if we can finish all the preparations in time.” She paused for a moment, unusually pensive and the wondered aloud, more in a murmur to herself than a question directed at Sacre. “I wonder if we’ll see the Sun God… I’d like to ask him about it… I wonder if I could do it again…” She trailed off, lost in thoughts of the event of a few days past and losing track of her current task.

- - -

Tags: @[Sacre]
Notes: tiny tiny post
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

Like a moth to a flame, Hector had been well and truly caught up in the hustle and bustle of the herd’s activity and festival preparations – a celebration he thought, that was well overdue.

He sailed south from the deep forest with little trouble. The late Birdsong sun suggested of the blistering season to come, sweat slathered across his rich liver chestnut pelt, the wind that embraced him as he flew between spiralling thermals above the foamy bay (the perfect division between Dragon’s Throat and mainland Helovia. To the west, the narrow land-bridge split the water, though soon it would vanish to become mere remnants of a once accessible desert; nestled between the long forgotten pieces corroded iron below the saline sea, which once marked their borderline.

Between his clenched jaws was the spindly fringe of a hefty bough (at least as long as his monstrous body), and its weight bowed the crest upon which his regal skull rode. Soft terracotta tresses snapped and streamed behind like glistening satin, and the soft, glossy green foliage rippled loudly as enormous wings dipped and he began his descent towards sand.

As he circled lower and lower, taking his time so as not to damage the bounty, a strange inscription was noticed on the rich red earth beneath. A sun... he told Veci (who was still yet to redeem himself after terrorising civilians in the Threshold days before). The Boggart was on a tight leash, sullenly so, and he pretended indignantly that the clever drawing did not interest him in the slightest. It must be for the celebration. It looks rather s-unning... no? A hearty chuckle erupted in his broad chest, and he altered his direction towards it and the three dark bodies busily at work around it.

"Ai!" His voice rang out cheerfully (a greeting in native Arcanthanon tongue) as hooves collided at a collected gallop with the gravelly, sandy terrain. Stepping carefully so as not to damage their progress, he set the branch in the centre of the sun and regarded Megaera with an extravagant salute – wings flared upwards in gesture. Fiery gaze shifted as his decorated skull turned to the other pair, Sacre and Inari, and a warm grin curled through his expression. "Lunch for you... all..." He suggested the latter tentatively, conscious of the fact that foxes dined primarily on birds and rodents – and things. Lips turned to point to the severed limb, which was coloured with dozens of tiny red berry clusters and rich green.

"Have you any need for me here?" he asked, stepping from the leaves to examine the churned dirt which seemed to resemble little of the great picture he had seen from the sky. He snorted curiously, and glanced by Megaera first, and then Sacre.

@[Megaera], @[Sacre] – Hector will stay if you need help (sometimes too many people in a thread can hold things up ;) otherwise he will head off to get more food for the workers!

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
When you're hidden in darkness,
Would you run towards the light?

He listened to her instructions carefully and painted a picture in his head, projecting it to Inari as he did so. The fox grew terribly excited, his little dark paws setting to work on digging as much as he could and the vulpine’s level of enjoyment began to rub off on Sacre, who grinned like an unruly colt. He marvelled at the cleverness of the idea and worked hard to get it right in hopes of creating Meg’s wonderful wish. Though, part of him wished he had wings so he too could enjoy the spectacle (and his hard work) from the sky, the image of burning fires was enough to sate his vivid imagination for now. "A burning sun it is" he nodded his head in confirmation before going back to digging. The sweat dripped down his sides but the colt cared little, he was having fun with friends, there was little room to let weariness spoil his good time. He was interested to hear Sikeax’s name, however and he wondered what the girl was up to these days. Perhaps he should seek her out and ask, she had brought him to this oasis of colour and good horses after all. He owed her.

Soon, the dirt began to stick to him in clumps, making him look more like a muddy chestnut in places than the dark midnight he really was. He laughed merrily at her response to his question, perhaps they were all in need of their spirits lifting and a great party sounded like just the thing. There was also the chance for the family to come together as one and Sacre was very much looking forward to the opportunity to meet new faces and greet other known ones. He wondered what Tandavi would be like at such a festival and found that he was quite intrigued to find out.

He looked forlornly to the sky at Meg’s mention of the Sun God, the patron of their land and a deity Sacre knew little of. In fact, the colt knew very little of all the deities, his closest encounter being with that of the Moon for his quest. Even then, when he had been gifted his wish; she did not appear before him when he took the beautiful flower back to her. Sometimes he wondered what they did when they weren’t answering the calls of the mortals and his mind travelled into strange fantasy lands that only a young colt’s mind could. "I’ve seen Lord Earth and quested under the Moon God, but I’ve never really come across the other two. What is he like, the Sun God?" He asked hopefully with his voice filled with interest about the immortal that watched over the desert land.

It was as he finished his query that another joined them. He was huge! Like a devouring flame except the kindness in his face meant a much more friendlier heat radiated off him, a leonine tail stretched long from his rear and two handy looking horns rose from his head. Embers marked his neck and all in all he was an impressive creature, so much so that Sacre gaped for a moment before remembering his manners. The friendly giant had brought them food and Sacre eyed the branch hungrily as Inari pulled a disgusted face. Food, what food?! the fox complained with a scrunch of his nose and he sat back on his haunches in distaste. Be nice, he can’t very well catch a mouse for you now, you can eat berries Sacre chided the fox who made a disgruntled noise, eyeing the berries with a grimace. "Thank you- errr" he gave a gracious nod of his head with his voice trailing off at the end as he searched for the stallions name.

"I don’t doubt your power Sir, I think you could dig holes faster than me, but I wouldn’t want to add to your duties" Sacre eyed the red stud’s bodily makeup with an impressed gesture whilst he lamented over his own.

@[Megaera]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
M
E
G
A
E
R
A
Meg had been thinking much of the fiery patron of Dragon’s Throat over the last several days. The tearing away of her bone trophy, the emotion turmoil culminating in the exhilarating (and exhausting) discovery that the Sun God had blessed her with his own pure sunlight had made her more pensive that was quite normal. She remembered her disastrous attempt at repeating the blast of light that had come unbidden, it had left her weak and shaking in the oasis, unable to stand or do much of anything until she’d slept off her exhaustion. It was there, the power and the light, she’d been able to feel that much, but the extent of her control over it was still untested.

Sacre’s question regarding the Sun God had her snapping out of her reverie and she turned her gaze back on the black stallion. She’d never spoken to the God Personally, but all she’d seen of him had inspired love and fear in equal parts. She was trying to work out exactly how to phrase just that when her brother-in-arms came hoving into view. “Brother!” She called back at his greeting, and watched with a grin as he landed and dropped the laden branch in the center of the circle. When he saluted her in his elaborate fashion, she responded with the same and a companionable bark of laughter.

She moved forward with a jaunty stride, her usual pace when she was relaxed within her herd and not in ‘warrior-mode’. Dust fell away from her body in clouds with each step and she leaped carefully over divots and dirt piles towards the sun’s center. She definitely respected Hector’s size and strength, even envied it, but she was becoming too comfortable with him to stand much on ceremony. The massive stallion had always show her the respect of a peer, and that had won him a deep brotherly affection from the battle-mare. Sacre was obviously not ready to be quite as casual with the red beast’s approach and addressed him in a polite tone. “Hector” she supplied when the name was wanted, coming to a halt next to him and the tree had had casually carried.

“Thank you, brother, didn’t realize what hungry work digging was.” She nibbled at the red and green ripping off a clump. She turned her eyes toward Hector at his offer to help, but as she was still chewing, Sacre’s polite answer beat her to the punch. She gave an easy chuckle, swallowing her mouthful. If there had been really that much left, Meg, might have agreed with Sacre, but they had been such a good team that the worked seemed near half done. The pits didn’t need to be that deep did they? With Hector’s help they could be done before the afternoon was done. “You’re welcome to help, it’d be good for you to get some real work done! If you’ve finished with your berry picking, that is…” The sly grin and the exaggerate tone mad her words a clear jest, even if the stoic stallion wouldn’t appreciate it quite as much as she did.

Turning her focus back to the black, she continued their conversation like it hadn’t missed a beat. “The Sun God is impressive, to be sure. Fierce and frightening and…beautiful.” She had to admit that last one, it was true, in a strange sort of way. The deity’s power and light drew Megaera like a moth. “We were speaking of the Sun Celebration.” she added helpfully to Hector in a quick aside. “I’ve never spoken with him, but I’ve seen him several times, always a sight to see! I have felt his power though, at least it must have been from him somehow. Just a few nights ago I…uh… well one minute I was just me and then there was light! All warm and pure and good…” her tone was rapturous, remembering the feeling of the power coursing through her. “It’s like His light was in me, or more like I was the light! It must have lit up the whole Oasis, at least Gaucho said it did, I was bit too dazed afterward to tell.”

- - -

Tags: @[Hector] @[Sacre]
Notes: So I just realized this is one of the first threads where Meg is actually been just bro-ing around, her threads have been so fraught lately!
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

Proud (and a little pretentious), Hector stood by with his skull propped far above them both, and his the pattern of flame licking up his throat shone as it caught the rich sunlight’s rays – every part of him gleamed really, whether by glistening sweat or his sleek, well groomed pelt. Despite the regal nature of his posture, he wore across his face nothing but warmth for the company of family, and for a fond comrade as well; a lean grin carved into features that any other time would have impressed nothing upon any other but indifference.

The warrior mare moved towards the sun’s gravelly centre, her stride sprightly and swift, and quickly the scarlet horned stallion sang his gratitude. The giant offered a brisk bounce of his thick rust-red head, but before tongue could put his name for the taking, Megaera had arrived and spared him the need. He was not in the habit of announcing the presence of the Boggart beside him, and so his jaw stiffened while the compact bay continued – not wordy by nature, he found it awkward and difficult to explain when no other could see Veci. She hardly withheld her appetite and it proved still more that she bore not the overly modest blood of her gender; he thought it fine. Many times he had courted a dame who picked at food like a bird – a quality that was more tedious than it was attractive.

A soft, tittering laugh spilt from velvet nostrils, and he shifted focus to the stallion.

"Sacre, isn’t it?" His rich, rumbling tone seemed to echo more from his deep chest than his mouth; it was a friendly sound, curious. "I haven’t much on my plate today actually." he explained in brief – in truth, his scheduled patrol was due to begin around dusk and before then he was at liberty to do as he wished. Appropriately, Megaera jumped in to reveal the secret truth about the duty of the rank they shared and a wry, though good-natured glance swept by her. "Indeed," he murmured, amused that digging in the dirt should be any more real.

As the pair’s conversation continued afterward (at length...), Hector drifted from their vicinity to work at the shallow trench started in the baked, sandy desert earth. It became quickly apparent that the task at hand was not quite as simple as he had first presumed; though even the lightest paw shifted the slippery substrate as required, he found himself labouring intensely to keep it from filling right back in. It was actually, rather irritating... As an explanation was thrown his way from the feeding duo about their chat’s topic, he grunted - "oh, yes," - vaguely, because his focus had been less on her overflow of words, and more on pummelling the desert.

@[Sacre]