the Rift

[OPEN] Professor. (Teaching spies)

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Well. Apparently when you are in charge of something, you have to be... responsible. I don't feel like being responsible. I feel like pouting in a corner, but no one gave me that option. And I'd rather feel like shit doing my job than have anyone see me as less of a pegasus. For whatever reason. So here I am by the oasis, ready to do my seasonal duties. I don't even know what spies we have around here anymore. Unless they're so good that they sneak by me all the time, I think that these punks may be absent without leave. I sigh. How am I supposed to teach them anything if I don't even know who they are or where they are?

I stand in the setting sun, my large leather wings tucked against my sides. Hopefully someone will come by the water to drink and settle in for the night. That poor soul may just have to suffer me for the evening as I teach him or her about spying. Night time, the logical choice for such a lesson. The minutes tick by, and I stay there, standing as a silent guardian, waiting patiently. I think I'm nearly about to drift off when I hear... noise of some sort? My ears perk forward, and my blood red eyes glimmer in the sun as I look for the cause of the noise. Or what I think was a noise... I could call out, but that would be the opposite of good spy work. 'Who's there?' What a stupid thing to say. Only the weak and nervous - prey - say things like that.

Walking "Talking"
@[Amaris]
Anyone who wants to be taught about being a spy. Silk needs to teach for his seasonal work.

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The dragon had been here for several weeks now, and still seemed to be crippled by the elusiveness that defined her mother's ability to hide in plain sight. The girl was not trying to hide, but neither was she trying to mingle with more than those she already knew. She helped her cousin in whatever capacity required, but there was only so much she could do - she did not yet know the Throat the way Tandavi did, she did not understand the politics (nor did she hold a deep desire to), she barely even knew the lands.

So while her cousin was off doing whatever it was Sultana's do, Amaris wandered. The dragon explored, breathing in the sandy scents, drinking in the golden sights, enjoying the way the Sun stroked her glimmering, shimmering scales. Caramel strands blew in the hot desert air, and the girl easily lifted herself to the skies, the warm thermals filling her strong, leathery wings as her long, draconic tail swung like a rudder behind her. The girl reflected on the differences of the landscape beneath her to the only where she was born. Where rolling green canopies and a sheer cliff's edge would normally pass beneath her, sands as gold as her own scales stretched out, rising and falling in dunes carved out by the omnipresent wind. In the distance, the ocean formed a glimmering border, which provided something of a comfort to the dragon; it was a similarity that reminded her that while she no longer lived in the herd she was born in, she was still within Helovia, and, as she remembered the reason for her joining the Throat, she still had family here.

Sunset turned the world crimson and pink, orange and brilliant. The girl descended, angling her flight path to the crowded area of the Oasis, unconsciously making the decision to sleep at least near others of her herd tonight. She remembered a time when she was most active at night, when the midnight hour was the most magical, mystical time to explore, to adventure and learn about the world. In this land of Sun and heat, she had found herself shifting to a more diurnal program, though the night would always hold that special place within her heart and memories.

The lake stretched out before her, as she effortlessly called forth a spirit friend, a vibrant white one winking into existence an instant later. Though she held a smile upon her maw as she passed the groups of those who also called this realm home, she did not press herself upon them - many of them still looked upon her with wariness, she figured it was easiest to let them introduce themselves when they felt comfortable enough to. The spiritual lantern that accompanied her chortled its musical greeting, lighting the way in the waning light. A low whicker resounded in the dragon-girl's throat as she made her way to the edge of the lake, dipping her sculpted tiara to its surface, before lifting it abruptly as movement amongst the shadows caught her eye. Shuffling her folded wings, she peered into the darkness, catching a glimpse of pale hair framing a form swallowed by the darkness. Picking up on her tension, the white dragon spirit flew forth, enlightening the area and the leather-winged steed who shared it with the dragon-girl.

"Hello?" she asked quietly, ears pressed forward so that she might capture a reply from this dark, mysterious stranger.

@[Satanic Silk]
sorry for the rambles Amaris tends to write herself >__>
bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

What comes at me first cannot be what made the noise, for it is in no tangible form. At least, I don't think it could have made the noise. It comes toward me, bright white illuminating me. Well, there shall be no hiding here, I suppose. Appearing after is the one I assumed that made the noise in the rapidly darkening evening. To my surprise, she looks very much like me. At least, her wings look very much like mine. The similarity instantly offers me a strange sense of comfort and camaraderie. I blink my eyes, and extend a wing to ward off the light from the phantom.. thing. Besides her wings she looks quite opposite from me. Her pale form, champagne... caramel... silver. Her voice is soft. 'Hello?'

I am illuminated for her, she can see me as I am. "Good evening." I do not know what role this lady has within the herd, but right now I don't really care if she is a spy or not. She has crossed my path and goddamnit I'm gonna teach someone something. As if I'm a pro at my chosen field. (Have I successfully stolen anything or anyone ever?) "I am Satanic Silk, Sleuth. Your name and position, Miss?" It's not that I mean to be brusque, and I imagine that my tone is pleasant enough. I intend nothing of the sort. I'm just in that down to business mood. Better get all the information down pat before we get started. Because lovely lady, we've got some lessons to be learnin'. "I hope you're having a good evening."

Walking "Talking"
@[Amaris]
I'm sorry, Silk DOESN'T write himself. Esp on business threads XD Silk loves Amaris's wings!!

Satanic Silk
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

The girl watches as he extends a dark appendage to ward off her summoned spirit, the exquisite form of a white dragon glowing softly against the night sky. The creature rises to the sky, squawking a defiant song at the steed - and deciding to simply fly through his wing - or at least try. Should the form of the spirit come in contact with the steed, he would feel a strange warming and cooling sensation - Amaris experienced it often when the spirits decided to rest upon her back (or indeed, pass through her). It was difficult to describe the sensation of another's soul passing through your physical body, it was like brushing against something you've never felt before - something pleasant and almost addictive. The white eventually flew an arc over the dragon-girl's tiara, before settling upon the gold's caramel hued nape, the pale glow of the spirit illuminating the golden child like a flame fills a lantern.

His voice is deep, and his words were to the point - Amaris had to wonder what the great hurry was? But he was not unkind, nor did he seem afraid or overly awed at her - simple, easy acceptance like that had only ever come from her family previously (she had to remind herself, that perhaps this steed also counted as her family, as he was of her herd, right?). A small smile curled her lips as she nodded in greeting to him, before she returned the sentiments in her low, melodic hum of a voice; "and a good evening to you, sir. I am Amaris, and I hold no specific ranking like yourself." With another small nod, she conceded to his higher ranking. "I am but a humble citizen, hoping to learn more about the lands before I decide which path I want to wander." There was a time in the Edge when she had wanted to become a Wraith, to work her way towards being a spy, but did she still hold that desire? It was true, what she had said - she honestly did not know what path she would take - but whoever did?

@[Satanic Silk]
her rank says Disciple but that won't be official IC for Amaris until a herd meeting lol >__>
bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

The white light - I see now that it takes a specific shape, that of a dragon - does not particularly appreciate me trying to ward it off. Instead of dissolving or waving off into the dimming light, it passes through my wing. I had not realized that it was possible, or imagined the sensation that it would present. It is a pleasant sensation, though shocking at first, and it takes my attention away from the dragon-faced lady. After passing through my wing, it moves over through the air to rest on the nape of my herd mate. How strange a creature.... If 'creature' is the appropriate word to use, and I think it isn't.

My gaze lowers from the spirit dragon to the face of the one who now speaks in return to me. Amaris. I wonder if I've heard it before, but no bells chime in my ear. I nod respectfully and smile pleasantly. She is kind to not be offended by my rapid flow of conversation. 'Conversation.' When I am about business I am not too good at the ebb and flow that comes with good conversation. She introduces herself as a 'humble citizen'. No set path? Well this is perfect! Perhaps I can convert her to be a spy and have my own little spyling. I like that non-word. 'Spyling.' "A pleasure, Amaris." I nod ambiguously out toward the horizon, the sun's orange, red, and yellow hues coloring us both like flames. "I am in search of pupils for a lesson in spying. Perhaps, since you are undecided in what you would like to pursue, this could be an opportunity to learn more?" If she says no, well... I'll probably try to teach her anyway. If she says yes, then it will be teaching much less awkwardly. A good experience for us both is definitely a plus.

Walking "Talking"
WC: 309
@[Amaris]

Satanic Silk
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Too much hurry, the little white lantern voices within the skull of the dragon-girl, its tones one of firm judgement and criticism. Or perhaps he simply isn't used to us, Amaris tried to soothe the little soul-light in return, amusement trickling through the psuedo-bond her magic allowed them to form when the spirits were called forth from wherever it was they came from. The white mentally sniffed at Amaris, chortling a curious chorus as it remained perched atop her nape. The golden child gave no outward indication of the conversation they shared; few understood it, fewer still accepted it as within the realms of possibility.

He speaks, and the girl listens to her would-be tutor with rapt attention. He is her senior, both in age and rank, and she was still new to this herd - she wanted to make a good impression; it wouldn't do to offend the first one she met outside of her relationship with her cousin. He proposed a lesson, and the girl smiled a radiant grin, her eyes filling with happiness at the prospect of such an offer. She still had no idea what she wanted to do, but surely learning about what different classes of ranks entailed could only help her decision? The girl wondered whether all the herds were similar in their approaches to the different ranks - the Edge had been a realm where knowledge was prized over many other things; was the Throat the same?

"It would be an honour," the girl spoke, honest and truthful with her words, genuinely looking forward to learning from the master of his rank.

@[Satanic Silk]

bg - table
I like being tagged!