the Rift

[OPEN] Looky, What's That?

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

I got this walking thing down. Or...well enough that i wander away from Mum's side and aaaalllll the way across the field we call home. The grass is tall and it tickles my belly when i walk, so i don't walk. I bound through the grass as if my legs were springs and my falls didn't exist. Me? Fall? Ha no, you got me mixed with someone else. So there i am, bounding across the grass as graceful as a deer(okay, maybe a deer with two broken legs... BUT A DEER) and enjoying everything.

Because DANG there were a lot of things to see. Like, alot.

Like for instance, there was this funny hopping thing i was chasing. It was green and speckled and had weird legs and when it hopped i mean it hopped. I was hard-pressed to keep up with it. I even abandoned my attempt at being graceful in order to keep up with it, my spindly legs wobbling and hooves stumbling on the uneven ground. I move as fast as i can, trying hard not to stumble and fall.

"Wait!" My cry is useless, i soon loose sight of the hoppy thing. Tired, but not willing yet to return to Mum, i scramble ontop of a flat rock, surveying my surroundings. This entire field was home, was Mum's and mine's and Tempe's and Da's. Ours. Mine. My wings(Mum called them that) unfurl and stretch out as i hold my head up high. Maybe... since the hoppy thing was gone, i'd play Pretend.

Yeah!

I could be a knight or a prince or a villain whisking away a princess! I could Pretend and be as tall as Da and as graceful as Mum and Da(Cuz they like...flowed. As if they weren't touching the ground at all! Unfair.). Oooo wait, i could Pretend the grass is lava and the dirt is safe! I turn to call out to Tempe to join me, but she's not there.

Pretend was no fun alone. Tempe was back with Mum(I think), and i didn't wanna go back yet, it was fun out here. My wings drop and i lower my head, glowering at the ground as if it was to blame. Stupid ground.

"Speech"

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

So yeah, I've wandered a long damn way from Momma's side. She and that thing she calls Keiran have been annoying me since I made my birth appearance or whatever. My legs still wobble time to time, but that's not going to stop me. I had slipped away while she ate. I don't even think her thing saw me leave. Good thing I ate a big breakfast and lunch. So I head for the mountains near the Falls. After all, if I'm going to get stronger I need to learn to climb. I don't have a super cool horn like Dad does. Momma doesn't either so I guess that's why I don't. I wonder if others have those kinds of things? Guess I'll find out the more I explore.

I find this one HUGE mountain, with an oh so convenient path that leads up. It's kinda high, but i'm going to try anyway. I bound forward, kicking up my heels with my new found freedom. Was this what it's like to be an adult? I sure hope so. I can't wait until i'm big and strong and don't need Momma anymore. "Wait!" I look around. I'm alone on the path, and it's narrow enough that I'm not going to close to the edge. The voice sounded like it came from up top. I keep going, I want to see what is at the top anyway.... Maybe i'll make my first friend! Though I really don't need any to be honest.

As I reach the top I see someone who can't be much taller, or older for that matter than me. Hey! I call out. I'm still learning how to use words. So I hope I can pull this off without looking stupid. I move closer, my dual colored eyes watching the stranger. My head turns to the side slightly as I notice them... He has things sticking out from his sides.... and not one... BUT TWO HORNS!? Oh come ON! HOW IS THIS EVEN FAIR! I shake my head slightly and snort. I wanted to be cool to... So far i'm just an ordinary girl. Not fair at all.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

'Hey!'

Did the jumper just answer me? My head jerks up, but i'm not greeted with the sight of the hoppy-thing like i hoped, but a person. A person. She's a tiny person like me too. Instantly i'm curious, and i hop down and bound towards her, excited.

I stop before i could run into her and ruin my first-ever interaction with another person like me who's not Tempe. "Hi!" I chirp, then i blink. She doesn't have the fuzzy things. I turn and look back at my sides, then at her, confused. She doesn't have poke-y things like Mum or me either... So she wasn't like me but wasn't like Sis. Weird. "Hey where you fuzzy stuff?" My tongue trips over the words, and i lifted my wings to show her. Maybe she figured out how to take them on or off? HOLY MILK that would be cool. Not sure why, but it would just be cool.

I realize that i'm being rude, and i quickly clamp my fuzzies to my side. "Breccan." Wasn't there a word or two supposed to go before that...? Nah, couldn't be. That sounded right. Anyway, i turn and bound back towards my rock, scrambling back up on it before turning to her with a grin. "Wan' play?" I hoped yes. Pretend was so boring alone, plus it was worse around Mum. Laughing kinda ruined the whole effect, you know?

"Sis not here though." Kind of a bummer. I'm sure Tempe would be excited to see another tiny person like us. We seem to be a rarity, us tiny folk. Cuz i'm positive i haven't seen another soul on this field beside Mum, Tempe, me and Da... and Auntie too.

@[Vitani]