the Rift

[OPEN] beasts and burdens;
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
La belle époque. The time before the war. The.. the calm before the storm. The normalcy before a change. The silence of the earth before a quake.

The quiet inhalation before a scream.

A small, insignificant moment, a phase, one you only recognized after it was past, exchanged for the roar of something new. Something dark. The apathy of his existence had been transformed into a bone-deep hunger, a need flaying him from within, burning just behind his teeth and darkening his vision. Frost lurked just a breath away, just a touch away, slept in his diluted blood and battled with birds of fire in his chest. They wanted out. They all wanted out. His veins thrummed with power, fragile mind barely able to contain it—he didn't want to, but he had to, because even at this point, he was responsible.

In control.

Machination. Perfection. A beast so eloquently tamed it offered no resistance, simply obeyed without question until the end. He wanted the bonds to break but they were anchored too deeply in his soul. Without them, he didn't know how to exist, and so he remained a slave to himself.

He stood before a building of unity, a shrine to peace, but he felt nothing but the blackness of his pain. Where it had leeched away his strength it now empowered him, gave him strength to stand instead of fall to his knees and weep—but for how much longer? These things always had finite life. Could be ten seconds. An hour. Two days. A week. Maybe, maybe, half a season.

Harsh breaths punctuated the stillness of the night, his presence silencing the nearby animals. He smelled of wrath and salt.

Psyche was dead.

She wasn't just gone from his life, able to fit comfortably back in when they ran across one another again, but she was dead, forever locked away from him by their own mortality. She was dead and he was not and the anger at whatever fucking snake had killed her ate the shame, the guilt, and the sorrow. His soul was on fire, slowly burning whatever was still left of him.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

The noise quivered and rasped through black nostrils, white flanks shuddering in the darkness.

[ @[Malificent]! I know we mean to do a spar but I honestly didn't mean for him to be this close to snapping right now :P he did it by himseeelf I'm innocent D: ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Malificent Posts: 14
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE

It felt as if it had been years. Traveling in search of Cheveyo's home proved to be not only a disappointment but a failure so far. Irritated, the stone colored mare trudged onwards through the trees, tail hastily smacking upon her hocks. Muttering words of hate and hostility to her self, while tears of frustration seemed to gather in her eyes. Why? Why was it so hard for her to find her way? Coming from the Aurora Basin she traveled south, knowing that was the exact way she came from but it was clear that after days of walking, she'd gone to far.

After moments of continuous strides she stopped. Malificent's mind running wild, telling herself it was time to give up and just wait for a soul to come around and help her. Oh how helpless she was right now. So pissed off and annoyed with herself, plainly written upon her face. Charcoal eyes seemed to swirl with emotions. The whole time still mumbling, speaking crudely to herself. Lashing with her tongue. Exhaling with a great amount of pressure she turns her face, only to find something standing off in the distance, covered greatly by trees. Though the white and black made this equids form perfectly clear through the green. For a moment her heart skipped a few beats. Finally, help, there is help. Hopefully.

Black hardened hooves pressed herself onward, a smile seeming to curl upon her lips. It was as if she had been saved. All the annoyance that plastered her, dimmed. "Greetings," she called warmly, head curled and tail strung high behind her. Walking with grace and purity, she aimed to strike as no threat (as if she would, compared to him she was a speck in the dust, he was so full of muscles and bones). "my name is Malificent, they call me Mal for short." trailing off as she grew closer, coming to a final stop just a few trees away "Am I worthy of knowing your title as well?"

[OOC- :), moody ponies = <3]
@[Mauja]
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)
- I'm very forgetful sometimes, so please tag me in all posts related to Mal, if that doesn't work.. feel free to PM this account.
- Magic allowed, just no killing, harming, etc. without my permission.
Ascended Helovian

"Greetings," a sparrow called, pecking helplessly for life upon a statue of marble. The little beak of her presence hacking, hacking, hacking, but could she find what she looked for in the presence of an ice revenant? The warmth of her voice was salt in his wounds, threatening someone who had already burned with a fire-brand, and his first reaction was a low, rumbling growl. Fortunately, she was still a ways away, and shouldn't hear it.

But the sound of her approach was there, stealing through the softness of the night, and slowly, it forced him from inaction to action. His massive neck turned, blue eyes muted to silver in the night-light, and stared at her—a deer coming to the wolf.

The sparrow and the owl.

Sharp starlight washed her contours in silver, darkened her shadows, and made her seem something out of a dream. The faint, early foliage of spring dappled her further, made her slip in and out of reality; in the shadows, a mortal, in the light, something ethereal, light, graceful.

It burned his eyes. It burned his soul. She was beautiful, and that hurt, because other beautiful things were no more, jackals and hawks. It burned, and it hurt, but he was already in pain and it called forth no new tears. He didn't have any left. His eyes had dried up and his heart was stone, healing beneath a hard shield.

She had to be young. Not because she moved lightly despite coming face to face with a stranger whose eyes were colder and harder than steel, but because she thought it was a good idea to blab her name and nickname at him as if it mattered. As if he would be delighted to make yet another shallow connection in this fucked-up world. Behind him, his white tail lashed once at his hocks, its flowing motion traced by silver light.

"No," he finally responded, wanting to see the joy go out of her eyes, the youthful friendliness fade—he wanted to crush it beneath his frosted feet, to drink it in.

A moment's respite from his own pain. Let's forget the guilt you'll feel tomorrow, love.

The black anger was too easy to give into, to hide behind, to let himself be devoured by blind wrath—but he held back, something, a little, his quietly smoldering eyes focused on her.

Giving her a chance to run.

But if she was young, and dainty, and dancing so elegantly towards a stranger she didn't know, he doubted she'd know she was playing with toys that had triggers.

Would it be his fault if he blew up in her face, then?
That would depend on how clear you are with wanting her to leave.

Irma stirred in the darkness, her amused voice floating across the distance and to his spinning mind. She was ruthless—far more so than he—and as she leaped off her branch to take to the sky, Diego stirred, and followed her.

If you're going to hunt, Irma was saying, slowly gliding closer on silent wings, we're coming with you. A joint echo, a promise from two souls, and Mauja, his head turned somewhat away from the mare, let his eyes slide sideways as he peered at her. His dark lips tilted into a wicked grin.

"Fancy being my quarry tonight?" His voice, his eyes, his posture, screamed danger.

[ uhm lol oops @[Malificent] and sorry for double tag but I just realized you got my 900th post <33 grats! ]

Malificent Posts: 14
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE

It was expected of this beast to return the favor of a name. Malificent, well she's not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to socialization, had it set in her heart that he would return the favor when she asked. All she received was a simple and harsh 'No.' and that, that was troubling to her. She was sincerely unsure of how to react. Puzzling look clearly written upon her face. Squinted charcoal stared at him. Her lips parted as if she was to speak, though no vocals dropped and as quick as they parted they shut again. Feelings were not hurt in any way at all, she was too naive to understand him, because really she was just confused. Reaction from her was small and little, her head drooped a little low and her tail kind of hung. "I'm sorry, did I offend you sir?" that was it. That was all she could muster up in her confusion.

Something took flight from a tree and then yet something else did the same. For a moment she was startled, though the only signs would be her eyes went from squinting to wide open. Malificent could feel her heart begin to race as she slowly realized this situation was a little fishy. The way in which she came from was her only escape route, for the fact that if she ran some other way she wouldn't know the terrain and would definitely be more lost than she is now. Audits flicked forward to listen to him again, with each word that flung from his mouth her heart sank. No one was here to help her. Maybe help her to the grave but as for helping her find her way to Cheveyo, it was clear that would not happen. "I can leave you be sir, if you prefer the company of yourself over others." a hoof or two slid backwards slowly. Moving herself closer to the shadows, waiting for her moment to run. This encounter certainly proved frightening now, maybe this beast has taught her a lesson, never talk to strangers.

[OOC- soooo many posts! :O lol 900! WOOOP!! -dances, throws confetti at Neo-]
@[Mauja]
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)
- I'm very forgetful sometimes, so please tag me in all posts related to Mal, if that doesn't work.. feel free to PM this account.
- Magic allowed, just no killing, harming, etc. without my permission.
Ascended Helovian

[ Very sorry about the wait :C ]

His quiet breathing punched through the dark air as pale clouds, chilled by the magic floating through his blood. It was tempting, to for once give in to its destructive powers and hold nothing back—to kill on a whim, to show the world just who he was. What he could do. What he would do, to reap every ounce of pleasure he could from it before he destroyed it.

He would watch it burn. He would set fire to his pain and fling it out, and watch it eat away, crumble all it touched.

And in the end, he would burn with it, and finally be freed.

Teeth ground together, the moon-mad glint arcing through his eyes as his gaze deepened, its focus burning onto the faerie mare. "I'm sorry, did I offend you sir?"

The spitting image of courtesy and grace, a well-trained child bowing to an affronted elder and seeking forgiveness for the missteps she didn't know she'd made. His lips curled into a cruel, wicked grin, heart thundering recklessly—and the words he found on his tongue were not his own, but something dredged up from memory. d'Artagnan had been the one to say them. "Your presence offends me."

What was it with young, gray mares and padding into the lion's den? And at all the wrong times? It was amusing in its irony, reality phasing into memory, and he found himself wishing for the Red's company: for his biting words and cruel sense of humor, and.. simply for his presence.

It was too close to the pain. It was too close to the weakness in him, and he slammed the doors shut on those emotions, those memories. He did not want to be weak tonight. He did not want rationality, and sanity, because with it came the unbearable pain. He wanted this, oblivion and blue rage, the bloodthirsty fury simmering in the chill of his blood just beneath the surface.

And just like Nyx had tried to get dismissed a thousand times, this mare, too, offered to leave. As if she needed permission, an order, something more tangible than the flinty wrath of his pale eyes burning in the darkness. Could she not see for herself, that she ought to leave? Could she not feel it creeping up her spine, as the owls circled with hungry gazes and silent wings? Had she no sense of self-preservation, or did she believe he had a right to take whatever it was he wanted out on her?

Perhaps she sought life in the forbidden and the dangerous, a rush through the dull deadness of the ordinary—something exotic, something different.. hunting a thrill.

Or maybe she was just stupid.

"You should run," he told her, voice deathly calm and smooth. From the ground next to him rose a spire of ice, a pale spear forcing its way through the earth and up into the air. A single, deadly weapon rising in salute to its master, and his head canted subtly towards it—studied it with quiet fascination. It had been a while since he had called upon his arsenal, and studied their individual grace, their subtle differences, and watched the moonlight trace their cold edges. The grin returned to his lips, darker, more eager, and his gaze slid back to her. Truly, a sparrow; he stomped out the remains of his heart and settled in the chill vein of fury. "Before this finds your heart." The ice spike stood cold and silent, a promise hanging in the air around it.

[ @[Malificent] ]