the Rift

[OPEN] We Are Young And Brave

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

I think it was a rather good time to meet our new Sultana, before she was announced as such to the herd and her spare time diminished. My shadow blurred over the sand below. The day was warm, comfortable for now. Arvakl's instant love of our children gave me a faint sense of security, enough that i could return home and not worry too much about the twins and their mother.

My other son i had little concern with; Alija seemed capable enough to watch over Aakesh during the day or whenever i had to go do my duties. Plus the time away from my children gave me time to think... a breath of fresh air. The wind slid over and under my wings, and a faint smile curls at my lips. My quest to catch the wind... i hadn't started. Nor would i until i found a sure-proof way to catch her. If i was a more joking man, i'd have blown air at the Sun God. After all, didn't my lungs catch the wind?

That brought a grin to my face, and i dipped a wing, soaring across the herdland, looking for the mare that fit the description i knew of Tandavi. Soon enough i spotted a figure on the sand that fit what little i knew of her, and i glided down towards her, landing nearby on the sand and walking the rest of the distance. "Tandavi, correct? If i got this wrong...well i'd rather not dwell on such an embarassing thing." I grin, dipping my head towards her.

"Bucephalus speaks"
"Altan speaks"

Word Count:286 Tags:@[Tandavi] Notes:000

Credits
Image by Aud
Coding by Tamme

Pixel by Aud

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
Tandavi
I'll light a fire in your new shoes.
Two pairs of eyes watch the descent, one gold and one black, both curious and still. His shadow had given his arrival away, dancing across them far faster than a cloud; the pair had become adept at picking out pegasus shadows, as well as stifling their envy at the ability to fly. Both girl and her brother still long for a day when they too will be able to take to the Eastern sky, to disappear into a sunset and reappear within a dawn. They would never truly loose the wanderlust present in their hearts from birth, or the fascination with the distant sky, but... well, there were new troubles to weigh down their minds, deeper concerns than a child's wistful dream.

They step away from the cloud of sand which rises with Bucephalus' descent. They have never spoken to the gilded stud, and though they know him by sight from gatherings, the girl cannot help but be cautious, curious as to what lies behind that boyish grin. Boldly she traces the lines of his form, soaking in their similar height; she notes the gold which mirrors her own, the lack of companion, the coil of his hair. Frustration mounts in her fiery mind. Nothing about him tells her anything about him.

She sighs. Her brother laughs.

Words fall easily from inky lips; she finds her own mouth curling in response, a quiet smile on a silent mouth as dark eyes close and the girl nods, acknowledgment of her name, though his jest leaves little impression on her. No response jumps to the fire dancer's mind- his name is Bucephalus, but both of them know this; restating it seems rather pointless. Instead, she cuts easily to the point, alto voice soft as the edge of a knife. "What do you want?" she asks him, frank, unaware of the harshness he might find in her words.

Image Credit

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

I remain still(or as still as i can be at any rate) as her gaze rakes over me, assessing. I fight the amusement threatening to curl my lips into a wider smile, especially at her blunt words. Straight to the point; i liked it... although wordplay would have been fun as well. No matter. However, maybe i will get some fun out of this. Won't lie, i am very curious to see how well she could use her words; she was to be the diplomat, after all.

I give a light shrug, head tilting. "What do you think i want?" Answering a question with a question. But i was curious about this fire-filly, and i awaited her response with a tilted head, amusement replaced by neutrality. In my mind i began picking her apart; the way she stood, the look in her eyes, the way her lip curled, and most of all the eyes of her companion. Everything, every little twitch, told just a little of what made up the essence of the being called Tandavi.

But talking generally gave more information than a mental examination. I actually enjoyed this, trying to figure out her personality based solely upon what vague things i overhear and my own seconds-long encounter. It was as if my mind had a new puzzle, a new toy, and was pouring over it with enthusiasm. Gaucho...he had been easy to figure out at first, and gradually my understanding of him as a man was deepening. Everyone had something at their core, some trait that defined them and would forever haunt their steps and decisions.

I was curious to see what shaped the foundation of Tandavi.

"Bucephalus speaks"
"Altan speaks"

Word Count:280 Tags:@[Tandavi] Notes:000

Credits
Image by Aud
Coding by Tamme

Pixel by Aud

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

In truth, fire dancer treats the assumption that she will play diplomat with dubious dismay. A girl of precious few friends, she is hardly the social butterfly Gaucho seems to expect; she is not Sohalia. Her history with the Edge and Basin is not exactly conducive toward building strong relationships: she has already sent the Queen of the Edge running in unexplained terror from the Veins, and has nearly run in terror herself from the King of the Basin.

Wordplay and wiles are not her strong suit. She tips a golden ear back toward her skull, annoyed at the way Bucephalus dances around her question, leaves her unsatisfied like a child playing games. Fire Dancer is tired of being treated like a foolish youth, first by Gaucho and now by his advisor. Dark eyes narrow slightly; she watches the playful tilt of his head and draws more pictures in her mind, details in the creature that is this stallion. Charming (for she suspects that this is supposed to be charm), witty, self-satisfied, abrupt. Inconsiderate. Self absorbed. Secretive.

So far, all of the things she is not.

Onyx gaze rests, unyielding, on his figure, as she scrambles to decide the right thing to do next. The idea of responding to his stupid question is distasteful; she is still irate at his glib reply, his dismissal of her genuine curiosity, but not yet angry enough to bite him back. He is the one who sought her out, and though she is curious about him, she is also stubborn, ornery, determined to break him out of his pretty words and pointless games- and to win what is now a contest, though she is not sure why.

Natraj is more amused than his sister. He is a shadow to her steadfast star, darting between limber legs and toward the stallion whose color scheme so matches his own. Not for the first time he wishes he could reclaim the Earth's magic and be able to talk; the only thing left of that gift is the bronze oak leaf imprinted on his forehead, almost too small to be seen. The boy lands at Bucephalus's hooves, sniffing at fetlocks and staring curiously at the contraption of pouches the Morningstar wears.

[ sorry about switching tables, couldn't help it~ ]

TANDAVI
I'll light a fire in your new shoes

semperfiesty | Eltear-Stock | yellowcious-stock

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

― Leonardo da Vinci

Well well, we seemed to be off to a grand start. I'm not too concerned when she deems fit to not answer my answer, for I am a patient man and have all day to wait... well not all day, just a while. Honestly I have to fight to avoid grinning like an impish child at the growing silence, because damn if it wasn't amusing how quick I seem to have struck a nerve with our new Sultana.

Which considering my position...probably not the best of ideas. If she chose, she could hurl me from my pedestal and back into the lower ranks of the herd. But that wasn't enough to stop my fun with the lady, so silent I remained, watching her only with a growingly amused smile.

Her fox seems to be more...well not quite sure how to put it, but more approachable, for he sniffs at my fluffed ankles and then up at my bags. Well, since SOMEONE decided to play nice and socialize, I would oblige. Carefully I folded my legs, sinking down onto the ground near the fox, my lips finding one of my little chest pouches and undoing the drawstring holding it to my breast.

"You can have what you wish in there, or if you are curious I can show you my other trinkets." There wasn't much but pretty pebbles and a precious gem or two from the mine; I never kept the valuable, the precious things in those pouches. Nay, they were kept safe tucked under my wings. I was curious, honestly, to how intelligent 'companions' were. Mara seemed to understand what I said, but other than her I had little to go on in terms of companions.

And I hated not knowing something, so two birds, one stone. Or...pouch, in this case.

"Bucephalus speaks"
"Altan speaks"

Word Count:304 Tags:@[Tandavi] Notes:SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG HERE HAVE AMUSED BUCE

Credits
Image by Aud
Coding by Tamme

Pixel by Aud