the Rift

herdless [joining]

Yol Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

breathe in, breathe out...

Breathing slowly helped ease the stallion's fear. Not the kind of fear you get when in battle; nor the kind when your beloved's in danger. No, it was the plain fear of not being accepted. A simple little thing, really. If he wasn't accepted, the stallion could go try his luck at the Foothills. But, in truth, the big male wanted to be part of the Dragon's Throat. That simple. He felt distinctly awkward and uncomfortable around equines, or unicorns. No, that did not mean Yol disliked them; he was a kind soul. But that didn't mean that he felt clumsy and overly large around any animal, for that matter.

Yol circled a little lower, the wind caressing his dark gray feathers. He was a big-boned stallion, with broad wings, and a heavy muscular build due to his Percheron (Percheron-pegasus?) blood, and feathers protruding from his lower legs. The feathers grew in size as they neared his solid black hooves. His gray pelt was stained with dirt, although the stallion generally tried to keep himself clean. Two small scars nicked his face. Blinking his big, stormy black eyes, Yol swooped down, coasting at about two hundred feet. Should I land?

The stallion sighed loudly through his dark gray muzzle, and flapped his massive wings once, soaring back upwards. He had always felt a little more comfortable in the air, relaxing on a warm thermal that could kiss his wings.

"If anybody's down there, or flying above me, they'll see me. I suppose I can land if I have to," Yol murmured outloud, stretching out his wings a touch more for the ultimate glide. Hopefully someone would come fetch him, and maybe he could talk about becoming a medic for the herd. He had never been a warrior, despite his bulk and muscle.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

Yol was, in fact, spotted from above. I make my move rather quickly, my shadow likely caressing the body of the colt in warning before I swoop down next to him, my wing tips barely missing his own as they plunge up and down, keeping me afloat and at home in the sweet air. My face turns to him, and I smile, my blonde mane twirling behind me as we fly side by side for a moment.

"Hello," I say, my voice slightly cheerful in the beauty of this Orangemoon day, with the expanse of the Dragon's Throat stretching out below us in crimson wonder, much like my former home in Isilme. Unlike the red swirls of rock below us, rising only slightly like waves, the Cliffs had made crimson towers stretching toward the sky, an immediate indication of just whom was supposed to inhabit them. I found that I much prefered the calm desert to the Cliffs, as it had little chance of collapsing in on itself.

He seems like an average pegasus, with nothing alarming jumping out at my dark blue eyes on the outset. "I'm Kri. What's your name?"

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

Unregistered

Yol was, honestly, quite startled when the mare appeared suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere. Her dark chocolate wings nearly caught his on the downstroke, and he politely moved a wingspace to the left. His big eyes quickly asorbed the mare's appearance; dark brown body, pretty flaxen mane and tail, blue eyes, fairly attractive, considerably smaller than the big Percheron. But she had an air around of her, an air of strength and the air of a warrior.

"Hello. I'm Kri. What's your name?" Yol gave a strong stroke down with his muscled wings as he began drifting towards the earth, bringing himself back up to level with Kri.

"I'm Yol. It's nice to meet you, Kri." The stallion answered. He wasn't the type to overthink most replies, and he added, "I'm curious to know if it's possible to join the herd as a medic. I haven't been much of soldier, I'm afraid, and I would prefer to live among my kind rather then unicorns or horses. I've always felt a little more comfortable with other pegasi," Yol smiled genuinely at the mare, trying to appear confident, but he knew there was a touch of nerves in his eyes, which would always betray his mouth.

Unregistered
(bump)

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[ Sorry, I am slow. Currently I'm on absent. ]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

Watching with intent, dark blue eyes, I can tell immediately that I have startled this colt. It is enough to bring an amused smirk to house itself on my features. A graceful sweep of my wings brings me to rise a bit even as the large colt falls, but he soon regains altitude, and I am once again impressed by the might of wings. They can hold such large bodies in the air securely, and it was truly a miracle.

I pull at the inwd subconsciously, giving us a nice tail wind to fly with, increasing the natural speed perceptively, but it is something I have become all too accustomed too. So long ago, that fight with the griffon had gifted me the ability to control wind, never allowing my figure to be knocked from the air in flight. It was a trait I had taken advantage of many times, leading to my increasingly risky flight patterns at times. A dare devil in the sky, but I cannot truly be called one when there is no risk.

His name captures my attention once more and I turn a head to peer at him curiously. "Yol," I repeat quite casually, letting the word slide gruffly from my lips with a misplaced feminine twist. His next flurry of words takes a while for me to capture, and I listen intently, mulling over my reply for a few moments. "I will not lie, Yol. We have members of all species here, even if we appear mostly winged. Still, you are free to join as a medic, if that is your wish."

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

Unregistered

Yol smiled gamely at Kri, extending his wings and allowing himself to simply soar. "Yol. I will not lie, Yol. We have members of all species here, even if we appear mostly winged. Still, you are free to join as a medic, if that is your wish." Her voice was gruff and strong, a true warrior's voice, unlike Yol's quiet peacefulness.

"Kri, I would love to join. I did not mean to imply I didn't like other species or anything similar. I thank you for allowing me to join your herd." Yol sighed, feeling more rested than he had in a long time. He was a simple horse, and he had longed to heal for a long while. Finally he truly could. Or at least learn. The big gray looked forward to it, as well as meeting more of what was to become his future herd. It would be wonderful living somewhere comfortable and warm, where the thermals seemed to never end. He did enjoy the desert, for the thermals were less work on his huge wings and it was less work to glide for miles, to relax. Those broad, nearly-black wings of his stroked downwards once, and he flew a couple of wingspans upward, revelling in the wind upon his face. He did wonder how equines and unicorns got along on earth, unable to take to the skies and simply admire the patchwork quilt called the world below them.