the Rift

[OPEN] This is MINE.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

@[Alija] and Hertz first please! Continued from here.

HE DID IT. He wasn't such a fuck up after all! That would show the rest of his family!

He hadn't flown too far and already the egg was beginning to wear him down. He was a gigantic creature, but being a bird carrying this amount of weight was still fairly taxing for his odd reptilian/avian body. Seeing no one around, the monster decided it couldn't hurt too much to take a break. Lowering himself to the sands, he placed the egg gently downwards, then hopped next to it, inspecting the foal-sized egg.

Perhaps he could just...eat it now? And then save some of the bones or something as proof? Would his family accept that? Stretching his wings, he decided they had better, because he didn't think he could fly all the way home with the egg.

With his serrated beak, the monster tapped on the shell of the egg a few times. Hmmm. Again, tougher than he thought.

Tap tap tap tap tap tap

Growing annoyed, the creature rolled the egg forward, hoping the underside would be more easy to penetrate.

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
Call my name and save me from the dark

Sighing the antlered mare trotted after her winged son. 'Why didn't anyone tell me how much running around I would have to do with a babe?' Grumbling warmly, steel blue eyes stayed locked upon her son, until her went over a dune. Aakesh laughed and kicked up his heels, chase was one of his favorite games, even though it was with his slow mother. Tap tap tap tap. 'What the hell?' Pausing the colt tilted his head scanning the area fro the source. Not to far a head sat, no stood, hell who cares, a massive feathery creature. It was trying to break open an egg as large as himself. Most foals his age would have turned tail and run, but not this black and purple boy. Pulling his purple and black wings in close the colt crept as quietly as he could towards the bird, making sure he was well behind it. Mischief was his middle name, or it should have been anyway. Fighting the evil giggle rising in his throat the colt stopped a foot away from the creature. Lowering himself into a playful crouch the colt jumped forward with the loudest bleat he could possibly make.

Having paused for a break before the tip of the dune, Alija soon kicked it into high gear racing through the sand. The image below scared the mare half to death. it didn't matter what the monster was doing, except it was a threat to her baby ad that poor egg. Squealing in rage she tore off down the slope, wild fire raging behind normally calm eyes. It took her mere seconds to reach the feathery thing. Stopping inches away she threw her head towards Aakesh first trying to shoo him away. 'Damn it kids could be difficult!' Half rearing the girl thrust her mine pointed antlers up at the creature, for the first time in her life not caring if she hurt or even killed the beast. Startled by his mother's reaction to the thing Aakesh ran behind her. If Momma was scared he knew he better be terrified. 'Oh fuck it's going to eat us. This is it!'

Satisfied Aakesh was safe behind her the purple girl snarled up at the thing. "Get the hell out of my home! The Dragon's Throat warriors and I will rip you limb from limb! Get OUT!" Putting emphases on the last word she threw herself forward again thrashing her antlers up. Hopefully the creature would get a nasty slash upon it's hide. Pounding her front hooves she charged in again before backing out. Slowly carefully the mother and son swiveled around the creature. Her goal was to keep Aakesh and the egg behind her, and herself between it and them. Focused completely upon the intruder Alija missed Aakesh moving in next to her. Drawing strength and skill from her vicious attempts to chase it off; the boy also tossed his not so horned head at it. Trying to make himself look bigger the colt opened his wings flapping them angrily; stirring up sand towards it's eyes.

Speech Wonderings Aakesh
Tag;; @[Hertz]
Words;; 514
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

It had meant to grab the egg, truly.

Later, he would tell his family that he had been overtaken by a giant octopus, or perhaps even a shark! Better yet, perhaps the gods stopped him ... well. That might have been too far. Either way, this was not his fault. He had taken it, and he wouldn't let this snot-nosed brat and mother try to rip that from him, even if they had in fact accomplished as much.

As the child crept up behind him, the giant creature turned menacingly. A razor sharp beak snapped at the air, while wings - each of which was larger than the child - pushed the creature forward leaving the egg unattended. Its beak rose and shut, slapping and slamming shut in an effort to appear frightening - this sort of thing was frightening... wasn't it?

However it was the mother who put the fear of God in the creature.

Purple and gold. Those were the colours of death. Only the most poisonous of creatures bore those colours. With a shriek the creature flapped its way into the skies, casting a shadow that easily dwarfed both Alija and her son. If the creature realized that its size could have been used to its advantage, perhaps things would have been different but alas ... there was a reason the monster so often returned home empty handed.

"FUUUCCKKK" He bellowed, scooping the air upwards to propel himself away from the horned purveyor of poison.

He surely had escaped death, but only barely.

At least he was leaving with his life, if not his dinner.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

Hertz

THUD!
The sudden interruption on my long dream startled me, suddenly I was quite aware of where I was and the safety of my pod was feeling quite cramped. Long limbs were pressed in close to my ribs now that there wasn't enough room to stretch out.

THUD!
There it went again, the horrible noise that woke me from my wonderful slumber. I could feel the fluid encasing my small vibrating with the disturbances when suddenly everything stopped. The noise that I was expecting to return once more didn't, but there were muffled noises coming from the bright world outside of my pod of goo and safety. A shudder passed through my cramped frame as I strained to listen to what was happening, the gears in my infantile mind cranking into gear as I wondered why it was that it felt as if my pod was growing smaller and smaller by the second.
It wouldn't be long now that I would be too large for my comfort zone.
As if on cue one of my growing limbs struck out, the once soft and fleshy hoof now a weapon hardened and ready for whatever life had in store for me. The sound of bone-like material against the inside of the pod was much different than whatever had happened outside of it's safe walls. Small ears pinned back against my skull, pushing back against the fluids that surrounded me, the fluids that had kept me alive and growing for however long I had been thriving in my pod.
Something was telling me it was time to leave the pod though.
Another kick, another cracking sound pushing through the thick fluid, and another kick following after it. This time, when my hoof met the walls that had protected me for so long, the crack was louder and followed by a bright light that caused navy lids to pull even tighter against the baby blue eyes that rested beneath them. I could feel the fluids around me racing to the crack, fighting to be able to get through the hole I had made in the walls, surely if the stuff that had been protecting me for so long wanted out into the blinding world...I had to be out there too!
Determination filled my small frame as both of my front limbs lashed out, moving much easier than I expected with the lack of fluid, a satisfying crack filled the silence around me as the world around me exploded with brightness when the walls fell around me. The last of my fluids falling to the ground around me, quickly seeping into the hot sands that I had yet to see or feel as I rested from the adventure of breaking free from my pod in what was left of it.
Sticky, wet sides heaved as I scrambled for the oxygen that I suddenly was so desperate for while I cautiously pulled my lids away from the sky blue gems that decorated my solid navy features. Pools grew wide as I sucked in the fresh air like I was afraid if I stopped gasping for it, it would just go away and leave me forever wanting to taste it again. My new obsession with the wonderful oxygen and the bright world I had somehow escaped into was enough of a distraction that I didn't realize there was a purple mare and a strange black foal standing not to far in the distance. Nor did I know the struggle they had put up to keep my pod safe until it was time for me to arrive into their bright world.

"talk talk talk"
Tag;; @[Alija]
Words;; 596
Notes;; Meeep, I'm so excited! That was the strangest post I have ever written. I hope it's not too horrible!

image credit

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
Call my name and save me from the dark

As the beast turned and snapped at him Aakesh jumped back out of the way. Still feeling bold the colt puffed up his chest and bleated again, almost taunting the creature. It seemed to him that Alija was there in a heart beat throwing herself towards the bird thing. Her bravery astounded him, she had never been anything but sweet and loving. Steel eyes widened as her voice rose in anger and antlers slashed. The colt was unaware, to this point, that horns could be weapons. 'Can my wings be like that too?!' Shaking of the surprise he launched himself up beside her trying to help fight off the thing. "Ya go away you nasty bird! Leave our home!" His squeaky voice was not as menacing as Alija's, but it would have to do.

The bird's cry shook both of them to their bones. Pride filled the mother as she heard and saw Aakesh fighting with her. Fear was prickling her mind as well; he had a lot to learn. Once the creature took flight with one mighty curse word she turned to her babe. "Good job sweetling, but next time do not try something like that on your own. It was much to large for just you, or even myself to fight." His eyes widened as her words sunk in, they really could have died. Cowering slightly the colt looked at her with wide eyes. "Yes Mamma." Reaching down they embraced warmly, only pulling apart when a loud cracking sound drew them apart.

Turning quickly Alija moved towards, what had been an egg. Now a foal was laying blinking against the bright sun. Stunned Alija and Aakesh stared at the sticky colt. Snapping out of it Alija moved quickly to it's side, licking it clean. Aakesh moved forward too his wings drawn in close. Curiously he lowered purple spotted head sniffing the colt's muzzle. Alija smiled once the babe was clean and gazed at him. He was beautiful, a blue color, with lighting like markings, and crystal blue eyes. "Oh sweety, where is your mother?" Turning her head she couldn't see anyone.

"Well Aakesh, looks like you have a new little brother. Lets name him, Hertz." Smiling softly down at the babe dome lowering to attempt to bump him gently. Aakesh looked between his purple mother and the blue boy excitement slowly building in his chest. A brother! How had he not wanted one before now?! Fighting to keep his antics under control. "Come on Hertz stand up, you have to be hungry after all that! Actually... I'm hungry after that." Laughing warmly he moved beside his mother to suckle before his brother found his hooves. 'Well this has been an interesting day, now I have two little boys.' Sighing heavily she continued totry and encourage her new baby.

Speech Wonderings Aakesh
Tag;; @[Hertz]
Words;; 470 Yay brothers!
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

Hertz

In all of my gasping, the sound of Alija and Aakesh's voices were lost over the stretch of warm sand that sprawled out around us. A snort tore through my paper thins, sending a spray of embryonic fluid flying through the dry, warm air where it would cascade to the sands below and seep into the eager, dry grains. I supposed it was about now that the duo who had saved my life, even though at this point I didn't know that, realized that it was no longer an egg that they were protecting but rather the foal who had came from their prize. The brightness of this new world was slowly beginning to fade and when the purple antlered creature stepped over me, her wonderfully colored skull blocked the ball of light from blinding me and I could finally stop blinking like a fool.
Before I even had a chance to focus on whoever it was that was standing over me, she was leaning downwards her warm, gentle tongue cleaning my sticky newborn body. It wasn't long before a dark face was pressed close to mine, the slightly older colt's muzzle close to mine, blowing warm air against my own navy features. The right corner of my dark lips turned up in a smile as instinct kicked in and a blast of my own air was sent back to the colt that was quickly becoming family. "Oh sweety, where is your mother?" The mare spoke as she stepped away, satisfied I was clean to the full extent.
The smile on my face grew slightly, not quite understanding the mare's words but liking the sound of her voice, as I stretched my new wings out and attempted to stand on long and wobbly limbs. "Well Aakesh, looks like you have a new little brother. Lets name him, Hertz." Aakesh. Aaskesh was my new brother, and I was Hertz. The whole distraction of names ruined my first attempt at standing, but there would always be another chance once all of the excitement going on died off. I leaned into the mare my mother's touch as the air began to fill with the sound my new brother's voice. "Come on Hertz stand up, you have to be hungry after all that! Actually... I'm hungry after that." As quickly as he spoke the colt was gone, sliding around to the side of our mother, sharp pains began to attack me from the inside of my stomach causing a bewildered look to cross over my sporty features while my skull turned just enough that baby blues could lock in onto the origin of the pain.
An infantile bleat slipped off of my new vocal chords as I scrambled onto shaky legs, this time succeeding and standing without falling back onto the remains of my safety pod and the warm sand. It didn't take me long to realize that I needed these strange appendages to be able to move forward and to the other side of our mother, I latched on quickly and the flow of milk was nearly instantaneous. My short, brush like tail smacked against my hips happily.
Everything was good in the world now that I had a full stomach and was free from the pod that had quickly grown too small.

"talk talk talk"
Tag;; @[Alija]
Words;; 548
Notes;; <3

image credit