M
O
R
R
I
G
A
N
This was the first time I had ever travelled to the Deep Forest, weaving my way through massive pine trees, carefully overstepping fallen branches and thick vegetation. I was grateful that the sky was shining brightly today, breaking through the foliage to better light my way. Every now and then I had to pause to tug my hair off of a branch that had snagged me in passing, and I began to notice some of the deep gashes that were carved into the trees. They didn't look fresh, but it was an injury that the trees could not easily heal from without the help of time. My auds flicked back somberly, not wanting to know waht could have caused these markings. Returning to the task at hand, I made my way towards the center of the deep forest all while listening for the sounds of others.

Sikeax was supposed to meet with me, but I had yet to see the young Sun Physician by the time I reached the pool of water that we were supposed to take a stone from. Stopping at the waters edge, I wondered just how deep the waters went. My hooves shuffled beneath me, overturning some of the stones that were close to the shore of sorts. It was too bad these wouldn't work. The assignment had been quite clear, we needed to retrieve a stone from the center of the lake. The last thing that I wanted to do was anger the Sun God or Gaucho for doing less than what they asked for, and a deep sigh emitted from my lips.

From my perspective, the pool of water didn't look very deep. After all, I could see all the way to the bottom of the body of water, the stones gleaming with their deep scarlet color, their red reflected in my own ruby gaze. But water had a way of tricking the passerby, especially when the water was as clean and clear as this, making depth look as though you could reach right in a pluck a stone without even getting your knees wet. This is the danger of crystalline waters, misleading you into their depths until you can't even hold your breath anymore. It was for this reason that the stone could not be collected alone, for the sake of safety I would wait for my higher-up to arrive.

OOC: @[Sikeax] - Stone retrieval for Throat

Image By Tribs
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla aliquet risus eu diam ultricies interdum. Here, her domain existed. Within shadows and hidden places, there were things to make herself at home. Down south, there was always something about the lack of cover that pushed her further away from communication to the depths of seclusion. Never once did the thought of if her herd wondering as of her disappearances did cross her mind. She was free spirit that held it's own will, and once out of her cage, there was nothing to contain her.
It all came together once the trees spread their limbs and opened a cave of life to her, her enternal light guiding her through the mazes toward a pond whose stones were painted with the blood of those that had yet since passed. Sounds engulf her ears with the cries of desperate birds. Hours had accumalated into infinity as of the amount that she'd spent here altogether. As a child, her mother had forbidden it, and like a loyal girl, she'd learned to avoid it.
In the past, it was a location that bore the fruits of herbalism, a dark landscape that set all of her senses on fire with unease.
Now, it was a place of withdrawal, somewhere she didn't have to feel left out in the open and exposed to the elements. The sounds that haunted the heavy foliage and towering trees were nothing more than background noise that helped her fade more into the place. Sunlight swept in to steal away the darkness, a forbidden and exiled thing within the deep forestry.
The pond itself was something that she'd lacked the discovery of. Pleasing her herd had her eager, and the pace of discovery was quick. Her strides were swift, and with time, it came with Morrigan.
Halted beside the arachnoid femme, a short smile of greeting is offered. The pond spread itself out before them with an aloring appearance of dark beauty laced with distrust. Water had always been her second home, but the pond was something else. A well-sent snort expresses her feelings without the use of words.
"Would you like to go together? We might be better off if we stayed together in case something happened to the other."
She didn't want to go alone. The water was her home, her true home, but every home holds a closet full of skeletons without a doubt.
@[Morrigan]

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Einarr
Tonight I'll sign my blood on the leather and bleed together to find our own separate ways

Einarr was not yet accustomed to all the tasks he must complete as a warrior of the Dragon's Throat, or why, but he is well to do when following orders. Today he was asked to accompany two mares on a journey, somewhere to the Deep Forest to protect them. Einarr was skeptical about this forest's danger, but he went nonetheless. It was not his place--yet--to question his commands or his commanders. He was not their equal--yet--and he would need to once again gain balance in his life as a foot soldier. The Warden was still adjusting to change.

But accompanying mares on a journey certainly did not bother the stag.

"Hello, Einarr here to protect." Einarr greeted carefully, dipping his head as he landed next to the mares. Their scent was so deeply Throat that he knew it was his party. The large stallion tucked his wings in at his sides, sienna eyes looking both mares over completely. "Where stone?" Einarr asked, his gruff voice lightened with his question. He knew the mares were on some quest for the herd, but he did not completely understand for what or why. He tooks a step forwards, forwards the smaller and younger-looking female, lowering his head some and waiting for their approval.

He had not taken any time to survey the land around them, but the quiet calm of the Deep Forest was as dark as his superiors said it to be. He was not afraid, not daunted by any lurking creature that could strike them from the shadows. Einarr was an experienced warrior, ready to fell those that opposed him, and definitely ready to defend the members of his new home. While his heart panged for his brethren he was raised with, his parents, and his khal, Einarr accepted this place as his new family. He was ready to lay his life down for them at a moment's notice.

Image Credits

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
M
O
R
R
I
G
A
N

Auds flick to the side at the approaching sound of Sikeax, looking over my shoulder as she joined my side to offer her a friendly smile in return. As the girl spoke, my dark red gaze returned to the smooth reflection of the waters. With a short nod of my head, I agreed that it was better for us to stick together in this mission. Before we could even touch our toes to the water, a large pegasus joined us out of nowhere. His sudden arrivial made me jump, his words startling me as he said that he was here to protect us. My crown tilted to the side with slight confusion, having never seen this stallion before, but thankfully I could recognize the scent of the Dragon's Throat on his body. Put a little more at ease, I tossed my head in the direction of the center of the lake.

"We must swim to retrieve the stone, we have to get one from the center of the lake. I don't suspect that anything serious will happen, but please...keep a wary eye out just in case." Returning my gaze to the amber champagne mare, I took a deep breath and sighed to prepare myself. "Ready?" Once I made sure that we were both prepared to make the swim, I walked into the waters slowly. The cold water was like a shock to my system, chilling my legs and doing everything it could to convince me not to go any further. The worst was when my tender belly touched the cold water, causing a quick shiver to travel down my back. Bending my knees slightly, I let myself dunk my body into the water to accumulate to the temperature faster. It didn't take long until I was beginning to lose the feeling of the pebbled bottom beneath my hooves, my legs kicking and paddling to keep me afloat. Without any bottom to stand on, and the added weight of my lengthy mane and tail now completely soaked, the water was now up to my upper neck. I spent most of my energy keeping my head above water, not wanting to dive down until I was sure that we were in the center.

Scarlet eyes flashed for the Sun Phsycian, making sure we were still staying close to each other. Half of my hair was now flowing atop the water, the rest free flowing beautifully below the surface. Once we reached the center of the lake however, my tail proved to be a nuisance once I tried to keep afloat in one place, catching up from the flow to my body and trying to tangle around my hind legs. "Damn it!" I hissed under my breath, doing my best to kick my legs free before finally settling on swimming in a small tight circle around the center of the lake. So long as I kept moving, the hair would not hinder my abilities, but the added work was already tiring me. "Sikeax," I called as I kicked myself a little bit higher out of the water. "I have to keep moving because of my hair, I will dive down. "

Without letting the young mare have a chance to argue, I inhaled deeply, filling my lungs with precious are before diving underneath the surface to the bottom of the lake. It was more difficult than I had first anticipated, swimming downwards was not exactly natural for horses after all. With strong strokes, I kicked myself downwards as quickly as possible and opened my eyes. The cold water stung my orbs at first, but with some blinking I was able to adjust and the feeling became numb. The light from above bounced and reflected onto the bottoms surface in a beautiful display, but I had no time to marvel at the show. As I reached the bottom, I lowered my crown to pick up a decent sized stone that would be difficult to lose. Bubbles escaped my mouth and rose above me, reminding me to move quickly. Tucking my legs beneath me and touching the bottom, I pushed myself off and propelled upwards towards the shadow of Sikeax.

When I broke through the surface, my lips parted while my teeth remained clenched around the stone as I gasped for air. "Her- tack id!" The words were muffled as I shouted, desperately wanting to be able to catch my breath as I told Sikeax 'Here, take it!'. Hoping the Physician would understand my words, I kept close to her as I began to paddle back towards the shore.

OOC: @[Sikeax] & @[Einarr] - Perhaps Sikeax could take the stone to the shore and pass it off to Einarr? Just an idea, because I think Einarr flying could get it to the Throat more quickly and we can all wrap up the thread within those posts? Or Sikeax can take it and they can all just head back, whichever's fine with me xD.
Image By Tribs
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.