the Rift

[OPEN] Take it in Once More

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't keep away from this wasteland. It was too comforting to her in its own way, an icy embrace that would forever chill her bones and nip at her sides like a starving predator. To most it would be a nuisance, an irritating sensation that never seemed to give, but to her, it was pure bliss. Working feathered limbs in the shallow snow, steel eyes were intent on their destination, as a grimace plastered itself upon her grey maw at the thought of her beloved snow vanishing. Granted, it wouldn't leave her permanently, but it would never be the same as it was in the heart of Frostfall. Her body physically shivered in remembrance of her last visit here, when the wind had been so harsh it almost chapped her ivory hide. How intense and invigorating it felt, to feel something again. Although she was able to see, to feel and sense her surroundings, she never truly felt alive unless she was nearly frozen in the deadly tundra.

As the clouds of smoke left her nares, the ivory lass managed to return to her lovely rock, the one that loomed over her and accepted her presence. She walked into its welcoming embrace, pressing against the cool stone to cause the shivers to return to her thick form once more. Now that her winter coat had left her being, the snow was a more vicious enemy, one that she could never turn away. Closing her lids, she was at peace, letting the creak of the rock against the wind lull her into a gentle snooze, one that took her away from this place she had yet to grow accustomed to.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 286
Tag: Amaris
OOC: I'm so sorry for everything.}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Flight was a gift not given to many; Amaris was fortunate to have inherited her father's traits enough that wings sprouted from the blades of her shoulders. They were large and strong, with thick membrane stretched between the fingers that filled with the wind as her bodice lifted to the skies. The girl had been flying for some time now, and it was some surprise that she realised just where she was flying -North.

Golden pools reflected the mountains ahead, and she recalled the vague 'civil' agreement her homeland held with the unicorns that resided within those cliffy hills. The dragon-girl blew a soft breath through her nares, tasting the air with the depths of her lungs; feeling the ice sizzle against her fiery interior as it attempted, and failed, to chill her. The girl was more dragon than equine; cold had never bothered her, and heat was merely reflected off the brilliant golden scales that swirled and twirled along her hide.

By her side few a bright white light, a friend in this chilly environment, a companion of a sort - a spirit summoned from its afterlife to join her for a time in this plane of life. The girl had been born with her powers, she did not know why or how they worked, only that they did; it was not often she was found without a glowing lantern of a passed soul gleaming by her side. The little white light provided a chorus of song as they flew, darting in and out of Amaris' limbs, chattering all the while within the girl's own mind.

Do you feel cold? The golden child questioned, wondering just what her spirit friends could 'feel' when they were summoned back into this realm by the whim of her magic.

I feel you, the white replied, also giving the strong impression in Amaris' head that it seemed to be connected to her nervous system (though Amaris had little understanding of that, only that it apparently was something inside her), and through that, it could feel what she felt. The girl thought this rather an insufficient answer, but upon pressing for more information, the white merely continued to flood her mind with images and ideas of lights merging, of two forms becoming one, of droplets of water sploshing together until only one droplet remained - it was all done so fast and jumbled that the dragon-child found herself descending in her flight, stretching her long limbs out and cantering into a landing.

Shaking her tiara to attempt to end the cacophony inside, she pinned her ears at the little white light that still followed her, threatening to cut off her magic and send it back to where it came from. A rough snort left her nostrils as the white settled down (far more subdued now), while Amaris took the opportunity of quiet to slow her pace and take stock of her surroundings. The Steppe, she thought to herself, having never travelled this far north before, yet knowing the place by name. With a shrug of her shoulder, she came to the conclusion that she may as well explore while she was here, she continued to walk with interest gleaming behind her eyes as she drank in the surrounds.

ooc :: @[December] she hasn't seen you yet ;D
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

She had nearly succumbed to slumber, when a thudding in the distance shrouded her groggy mind. Normally it would be hard to hear such a thing, but since the land was so flat and vast, any sound echoed much further than it would normally. Opening her eyes reluctantly the mare lifted her massive cranium, using her neck to turn in search of the source which awoke her from her rest. After focusing from the harsh light reflecting off the snow, her gaze honed in on another figure walking in the distance, seeming to just be wandering. Upon closer inspection, December had to take a few steps out of her shelter to notice, the figure seemed to be a mare, adorned in shimmering gold scales, highly contrasted against her silvery/cream coat. Pricking her ears in mild curiosity, the woman almost went to approach this new creature, but stopped herself in her tracks.

There was no need to bother her, to speak to her, to acknowledge her presence anymore than she had. She would only cause trouble in this way, trying to talk to someone again. The only successful conversation she seemed to have had was with Miykael, the kind gentleman who had taken the time to see who she was that day. He had pushed, in his own way, had tried to fight down those walls she had so desperately put up, but he did it with such tenderness that she hardly noticed them falling away into nothing. He had changed her that day, with those big blue eyes and tender touches, and yet she was still so willing to close herself up to anyone else. What did that make her? The only word that could come to her mind was hypocrite. She ignored the shame that rose in her throat, the nagging feeling her mind pressed into her counscious as she began to turn away, choosing instead to go deeper into her shadow beneath the large boulder. Today was not the day that she would take the first step at meeting someone else. That was something she was not brave enough to face, not just yet.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 356
Tag: Amaris
OOC: Sorry I took so long! Had to work my way back up to this, my muse for my charries varies lol! I know it's super small I'm sorry, hopefully with time I'll get them bigger :D}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
It was foreign and yet strangely familiar - she knew she had never stepped foot here before, and yet she found herself comfortable upon the permafrosted ground. Though summer was not far away, the air stayed crisp, not cold but not hot. It was easy to imagine as the earth turned and the cold crept over the lands once more, the transformation that would take place here. To the North, still topped with pale caps of snow and ice, mountains reigned. The dragonmare was not a fool as to venture any closer to them than this - she had no urge to engage the Basin herd today. They had tried to invade her old home once.. And while she had done her best not to hold a grudge or prejudice against them (surely not all of them had meant to cause harm to her home and loved ones?) it was… difficult.

Upon throwing her gaze elsewhere, she catches a glimpse of what could be mistaken for a patch of snow amongst stones, or even a low-lying cloud. Since both were highly improbable (though in Helovia, not impossible), the dragonmare could not help but feel her curiosity drawing her closer to it. The white that accompanied her merely danced above her, laughing at her silent observations in a singsong voice that was unlike any other sound Amaris could think of. It was uniquely draconic, light and playful, carefree, and it stained the atmosphere a colourful, welcoming hue, causing the girl to feel more relaxed even as she approached this new source of interest (an activity that would normally cause her nerves to fire and at least some anxiety to pique).

As her nostrils inflated and assessed the scents proffered her, she decided the pale shape (that was disappearing beneath the shade of a large stone) was indeed not a cloud nor snow, but instead a mare. The dragonmare drew closer, though hesitantly, drinking what she could of the features of the mare - large-boned, tall and covered with generous amounts of hair. The similarities to her father stopped there, as the mare was not blood bay in hue, nor did she host draconic features such as wings and scales, but instead held very little hue to her coat at all. Pausing her stride a polite distance away, the white spirit above her darted forth, a light in the darkness, before winking out of sight - almost as if he had never existed to begin with.

With her ears pricked and her tiara held low so as not to seem too vicious (for though she was smaller than the other, she was also unusual and different, and making herself seem smaller seemed to help in most cases of greeting new parties), the shy little spy nickered a low tune, hoping tentatively that she might hear something in response.

ooc :: @[December]
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~