Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

It seemed as though every patrol Ktulu chose to take was in the middle of the night while the rest of Helovia was fast asleep with not a worry in the world. The Constrictor could admit that Helovia had been relatively peaceful if you didn't look at the recent murders, but she didn't trust relatively peaceful to last. There was always someone lurking in the darkness, planning and plotting and waiting for the perfect moment to fuck everything up. She didn't trust any of the other warriors enough to be able to sleep well enough while they took a midnight patrol. It was just something she would rather do on her own because she knew it would be done right.

'Should we wait?' Eytan asked as the pair walked along the Edge's border. Every other night patrol they'd had they had waited for their partner, but not this time. Ktulu was not concerned over whether or not Archibald would be able to find her. She knew him well enough to know that he would. "No." Ktulu answered the bear after several long minutes of silence. "Archibald will find us." He always seemed to be able to find them when he needed to and she supposed that was partly because of the nose on his dog.

Mist swirled around Ktulu and Eytan's legs as the pair walked and droplets of water clung to their fur. It was what Ktulu disliked the most about the Edge and she was reminded of that every time she took a night patrol. She knew Eytan felt the same about the mist and he made his displeasure known with a series of grunts and growls. "Go ahead and scout, Eytan." Ktulu instructed the bear, having grown tired of his growls. Seconds later she was watching his hulking form disappear into the mist and there was silence.

"."

@[Archibald]

ooc:// yay, patrol!

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
flame stock: Mr.Thomas @ flickr.com
Soren

I had wandered the borders of the Worlds Edge for hours now, searching for the familiar face known as Ktulu. My elder sister. The bear woman. Whatever. The point was that I was searching for her, and just maybe I would get lucky and run into her on patrol.

I am not really a fan of the cold mists, although the smells are pleasant. The air is clean, even if it was a little salty. Maybe a tad fishy. I didn't mind the smell really at all. However, the mist in the dark was kind of creepy, and I couldn't deny that fact. It was cold too. A wet cold, that chilled you right down to the bones, that didn't relent. The wind didn't help either. Hell it made it worse. I honestly didn't mind the north, even in its bitter cold, but the wet cold... Gah. Not a fan.

In the mist however, there are some odd noises. Growls and grunts. What. The. Fuck. The mist was making noise. Or someone was making noise. I really hoped it wasn't a couple someones making that noise, because honestly, it was disgusting. But it didn't sound like a couple in the throws of passion, so I quickly dismiss the idea before I became seriously disgusted.

It actually resembled the sound of a bear. Wait. A bear. My dark harks swivel and I follow the direction in which the sounds are going, but soon there is silence. My blue eyes scan the area, and I move out of the mists slowly. For a moment I see no one, but soon my eyes land on her. "Ktulu." I manage to choke out at her. But now that I am here, I am unsure of how I should act, how to repond. She is shorter than I remember, but then again... I was much taller. Would she recognize me as her baby brother? Or does she not remember the last child of Paladin the Valiant and... Soliel the Virtuous. Mother.

"No." I push the thought of her away, and I focus on my sister. I didn't need to think about mother right now.

@[Ktulu]

you're fireproof
nothing breaks your heart

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor

For the most part Ktulu could admit that her nightly patrols were uneventful. There was only once or twice that she could remember Eytan informing her of a couple of wolves hanging around the border, but when they had scented the bear they ran off without incident. Ktulu did not allow herself to become comfortable during her night patrols, however. If she allowed herself to become comfortable then she would leave herself vulnerable, open for attack, and she would make mistakes. Ktulu absolutely hated making mistakes.

Her ears twitch as she hears the rustling of steps and she stops, crimson eyes scanning the thickening mist. She was sure of what she had heard and knew that it was not Eytan because the bear always alerted her when he was on his way back. "Come out and face me." The Constrictor commanded, voice stern to not allow any argument from whoever was creeping around the Edge's border.

"Ktulu."

The dark mare's gaze fixed on the stallion that stepped from the mist and she snorted, her head lowering to point her horn at him. The coloring of him reminded her of her younger brother, Varath, and she remembered her dislike of him. It was not a well founded dislike, but it was dislike all the same and it translated into distrust. But there was something off. Where was the red tips of his hair? Where was that haughty demeanor that he carried himself with? This stallion seemed the complete opposite of what she remembered Varath to be, so she lifted her head so her horn was not pointed at him. "Who are you?" She asked. "And what business do you have here?" He may have known her, but she was lost as to who he was.

"."

@[Soren]

ooc:// yay, patrol!

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
flame stock: Mr.Thomas @ flickr.com
Soren

"Come out and face me. Her voice did not raise a syllable, and yet there was an command ringing in it. But I had already stepped out to face her, and choked on her name.

Her gaze fixes on me as her name dies on the mist, before her head is lowered towards me. For a moment she stands with her horn pointed at me like she is going to stab me in the chest. Almost unconsciously I take a step back, my weight shifting to my hind end. But she seems to reconsider, and I breath, and then I realize that I had been holding my breath. "Who are you? She asks, demanding an answer. My heart falls. She doesn't know me. "And what business do you have here?" I don't know. What business do I have here? I figured that might be an easy one to figure out sister. I don't say that though. I feel like that might piss her off, and despite her shorter stature, I am fully confident in the fact that she could kick my ass.

I take a deep breath, and then I start. "My name is Soren. I am your youngest brother... I have been wandering for some time, staying in the shadows since... Since mother. But as to my business, I am here for you. I am trying my hardest to get in contact with each of my siblings. After this, I plan to go north to find Ophelia, and I have heard rumors that Varath also resides in the north. I have heard not of Vadim yet, but should you know of his whereabouts... My icy eyes watch her, wondering if she would believe me. She didn't seem the lets be buddy's I trust you now type... Then again, I don't believe any of the children of Paladin and Soliel really where.

@[Ktulu]

you're fireproof
nothing breaks your heart

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The beast moved through the forest with a trained silence, knowing each and every curve and juncture. He was following Ktulu's scent, lead by the keen nose of his red and white cur. Tonight would be well, if anything, certainly a blast from the past. The Dauntless and the Constrictor had not patrolled together since their time in the Grey, and Archibald was pleased Ktulu would be at his side tonight. Suddenly, however, Archibald stopped. He saw Ktulu in the distance, but he heard the voice of another.

"Journey or not," The voice boomed and the behemoth the followed it stepped from the shadows of the trees. Beside him his ever-faithful bitch growled, her hackles raised threateningly, "how do you defend the audacity of stepping, uninvited, into my lands!?" Archibald's voice is low and dark, deep and powerful. He was a mountain moving to to stand behind this son of Paladin, opposite Ktulu, overwhelming and looming in the tight-knit trees. Archibald's molten eyes seemed to glow this bright gold in this darkness, though they were narrowed dangerously. "Archibald the Dauntless, Captain of the World's Edge, and the path you should not have crossed tonight."

Loretta, growling, circle the boy. Of their patrols this was definitely the most fun thus far. Her tail stuck straight up in the air behind her, a banner of her dominance and aggression rolling into one. Her amber eyes did not leave the young grey colt, but she waited for Archibald's command. "You would have been wise to stand at my border." Archibald's tail flicked against his hocks, a sign of his agitation. Looking beyond the child and towards Ktulu, Archibald spoke once more, "Do you have a fitting punishment for your brother?" He asked, moving to circle the boy and stand at Ktulu's side. He stood close to her, as he normally would, waiting for her to join him against the grey trespasser. Blood or not, justice was someone all had to taste. When his own son had disobeyed the borders of the lands Archibald had intercepted him, and he knew Ktulu would hold the same standards.

Archibald the Dauntless

I Am a Stone, Unaffected
Rain Hell Down Onto Me
Flesh and Bone, Unaffected
Your Fool I Will Not Be

image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor

Ktulu's expression remained impassive as the boy claimed to be her youngest brother. The mention of their mother made her ears flick back against her head and she snorted. It was something that she'd tried not to think about and it made her irritated that he would bring it up. "I do not know of my other brothers." Ktulu interrupted. "Nor do I care to know of their whereabouts." The only one of her siblings that meant anything to her was Ophelia.

It was only a matter of time before Archibald arrived and when he did Ktulu allowed herself to look from her brother to the captain. She had known that the Dauntless would not be pleased by the stallion crossing the border and trespassing. Had he learned nothing of boundaries from their parents? Even if he hadn't wouldn't common sense say to wait at the border and call out for someone. It certainly wasn't the smartest move he could have made.

"Do you have a fitting punishment for your brother?"

Ktulu sighed and wondered briefly what her father would do if he were in her position. Would he defend his sibling or would he dish out punishment? If she let him walk away she would surely face punishment of her own because business and the safety of the herd came before friendship. If she allowed Archibald to decide on Soren's punishment what would happen? She didn't want to believe that the younger stallion was her brother but he looked too much like Varath to deny his lineage.

Without saying a word to Archibald, Ktulu lunged toward Soren, teeth flashing as she snapped at his neck. "Get out!" She hissed, ears flat against her head. If he turned and ran she was fully prepared to give chase, biting at whatever part of his body that she could reach. He might hate her for it, but eventually he would realize that she was saving him from a much worse punishment at the hooves of Archibald.

"."

@[Soren] @[Archibald]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay