the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Flames

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

The glorious sun was barely an hour away from rising to its pinnacle in the bright, cloudless, blue sky. It had been a day long anticipated; the perfect backdrop at last to compliment the momentous occasion, his journey west to the Veins – to the shrine of Fire and Light, of the God of the Sun who he revered in every way so faithfully.

Though two seasons had turned already since their meeting in the mountains, Hector had not for one second abandoned the guidance given that day. He was a measured creature, particular and thoughtful, and though he might have preferred to wait still longer for that first Tallsun morning (the season of the sun), he could not pass up the gift which was this stunning day – He had been waiting long enough already.

His tardiness had not been in vain however and the giant had not meant the delay disrespectfully. The Dragon warrior had resolved much of the insecurity which had riddled his mind and soul all those many moons ago, the indecision which had crippled his life’s direction. Hector was a born soldier. Prowess rippled through the sinew beneath his pelt. There was a fierceness glinting in his eye, clever, dauntless. As a boy, shunned and ridiculed by both family and friends, martial training had become the centre of his universe; it was all he had ever known, and there was so much for him still to conquer. It was his decision, after so long brooding, that he would serve on as a loyal Warrior in the Dragon army of the Sun - no matter the faces who passed across the throne.

The stallion lifted from the lake’s murky-blue depth, and tumbling water from his body glittered beautifully in the sunlight. Though scar-trophies riddled his coat, sleek, well groomed liver chestnut gleamed ferociously, even almost like the blazing orb above, itself. His silken mane and the tendrils lining his long leonine tail were free of knots and thistles after a morning spent preparing (though he never actually let his exterior degenerate really, he walked in the name of the Sun and maintained himself accordingly) – and it would take no time for the playful Birdsong breeze to blow-dry their soft, flowing length.

Hector stepped from the cool water and was untroubled by the loose sand attracted instantly to his damp tread; nor did he mind the soft red dust cloud which lifted about him as he moved off between the oasis’s lush interior. Like a cloak draped about his shoulders, he wore the hue of his home proudly.

Large, round hooves carried his drying bulk as far as the closest tree line and then he opened his magnificent wingspan to catch the brisk wind. After a brief canter and a hefty leap into the air, the copper Tribrid was sailing west towards the jagged borderline. He crossed it carefully, passing attentive eyes both north and south in case any lurked below; but not even the slither of reptilian scales stirred as his shadow moved across and soon he was sailing against a strong headwind towards the rocky silhouette of the Vein’s coastline.

As intended, it was midday when Hector arrived carefully upon the ledge before the God of the Sun’s blackened shrine. He drew a long pensive breath – it was time. I have come... I realise that I must stay true to myself. I am a Warrior at heart, and defending your honour and your home is what is most important to me; keeping my family safe will always be my priority. He prayed silently, closing tangerine eyes and raising high his whiskered chin into the air.

I’m sorry this is so long. In brief he left Dragon’s Throat and arrived at the shrine of the God of the Sun after coming to a decision. Serving the Throat as a warrior is most important to him xD

The Drop thread is here.

Hector won the chance to quest for [Magic: Fire | The ability to summon a tiger made of flames. Causes physical burns if contact is made]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

To protect the Throat....It was becoming a common theme among the males of the Dragon's Throat apparently. Yet ... yet the God was surprised that it took Hector so long to reach such a conclusion. After all, it seemed obvious that such was the life of the massive tribrid. He had dwelled in the Throat for many seasons, and his heart had seemingly never strayed.

So why had the decision been one that took such contemplation? Was the beast merely being careful? Or was there a competing desire?

In a flurry and flash of smoke and fire the God appeared. The smoke dissipated quickly, leaving only the molten and ever-burning body of the deity before Hector.

"You have come at last, Hector." The God began, greeting the warrior with a gentle nod of his golden head. His eyes were warm and inviting as he stared at the massive creature.

"Your desires are noble and honorable. But honor and good intentions alone will not protect those you desire to keep safe. Prove to me that your body will aid your mind and heart, and you shall have the magic that you seek. In three different ways show that you are capable of defending my lands and your family."

Hector must show the God in three different ways that he is focused on defending/being a warrior of the Throat! Suggestions might be, recruiting new warriors, increasing his VP, aiding with defensive/offensive plans for the Throat, maintaining alliances, teaching others to fight, gaining supplies, etc. If you have any questions about other ways of completing this, feel free to ask!

CREDITS

Like an explosion – certainly no less dramatic – the God of the Sun whom Hector revered so, appeared amid blazing fire and billowing smoke. Bright eyes swayed between the great deity’s wings and settled at last upon regal face between; there was no masking the captivation as it spread like wildfire through his expression. The desert’s keeper was magnificent on all fronts, a commanding presence indeed, though Hector held fair composure otherwise and listened with forward leaning ears as the God greeted him.

He felt foolish for not coming sooner, but it had taken time to digest the advice Cera had given – but the stallion before him appeared unbothered.

Thoughts traced back to the night beside the sacred flame of Dragon’s Throat, when the young painted Diviner had offered consul to a brooding soldier. Hector had been so bemused, so lost in life’s labyrinth that he had lost all sight of his beliefs – his worth without Kri the Resolute. With the soft crackle of fire moving his heart, he had pierced the rigid shell of indifference and discovered the sensitive creature who had once lived - a very long time ago. His heart had yearned for change; the path so long trodden had been filled with blinding dust. Only time had brought him clarity enough to make this decision.

As the God of the Sun spoke again, Hector listened thoughtfully – more shrewdly still than he had during the last meeting they had shared. "I understand." He answered briefly without lack of conviction. Already he knew the first way he would prove both his worth as a soldier in the Sun’s army, and his ability to defend his family. "Would you have me do for you, any other tasks?" Though flames were more than enough to satisfy the mind of the tawny stallion, his heart yearned deeply to please his Lord.

I serve you wholeheartedly.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God smiled. Hector, ever the protector, ever the giver. The mammoth tribrid was so different than others, who would take the God's words and scurry off to complete their tasks without question. Of course obedience pleased the God, but few took the time to ask if there was anything else required of them.

"No Hector." The God offered, his voice rich and warm. "Your attention to this matter is all the service that I require."

The God was almost certain that Hector would not take his tasks lightly, the the orange fellow would pour his heart and soul into the completion of the God's errand. That would be service enough - for his actions would likely have ramifications on others in ways that neither of them would be able to predict.

CREDITS

So be it. Hector whispered in thought, rousing the companion’s attention. Come Boggart. The God of the Sun declined his offer to labour further – regardless, the soldier would walk every day in such a manner that would honour the deity. He nodded dutifully in response, desiring not to hold Him any longer on earth side than was necessary and turned after saluting with drawn wings to begin the journey back to Dragon’s Throat on foot.

He stepped from the four crumbled shrines – the narrow ledge – slowly and with a shrewd hoof, eyes cast down upon the trail which wound tightly between pulsing molten lakes. His thoughts were elsewhere however, calculating a plan which would see the quest required of him completed. Hector did not want to insult the God’s generosity with trivial tasks that held little bearing in the future; he would seek to better the life of the herd he served, whether materially or physically.

...Something to endure, if he could, the erosion of time.

As he crept at last between jagged rocks along the bridge with his thick skull bowed low, pensively, the seed which had been but moments before, began to blossom and a glorious idea unfolded that would hopefully win the favour of both his Sultan and the God of the Sun. Still sweat-damp from the flight across the wild ocean between lands, Hector broke into a vigorous trot feathers flared to aid balance whenever he leapt or skewed path to avoid stone; he wanted to begin right away. There would be no holding the Lord of the Throat up a second time.