the Rift

[OPEN] What Happens In Helovia...

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

Okay so maaaaaybe this was a bad idea, and maybe Sis was right that i shouldn't try to fly just yet because my wings(Apparently fuzzies are 'wings'.) aren't ready yet blah blah blah.

Should'a listened to her.

Because right now i was in a tangled situation. Literally. I had been bouncing along, happy as can be and flapping my wings hard as i could to try and fly like Mum and Dad did. I kinda felt my feet lift off the ground a bit, but that was all. Buzzkill. Anyway there i was practicing my flying skills, dreaming of days when i could soar among the clouds like my parents, when it happened.

Something didn't take too kindly to my hopping, and sprang up at my face and hit me square between the eyes. With a squeal i scrambled backwards, but my legs got all tangled up in themselves and i fell back into a bush. But this bush hurt. There were sharp things poking me everywhere, and i mean EVERYWHERE, so i began thrashing and kicking and hollering because i was STUCK and being POKED and there was SOMETHING ON MY FACE.

But the more i struggled, the more tangled in the briar bush i became, my budding antlers getting all caught up in the briars and the thorns hooked through my mane and tail. So now i laid there, taking a break because i'd been flailing for a good long while.

When i see it. A big-eyed, nasty looking thing on the tip of my nose. I wiggle my lips trying to shake it off, but it refuses to move... and it throws up on my nose.

EW

EW EW OH GOD EW FUCK EW

I thrash my head around violently, feeling the thorns poke my cheek and neck but i give no shits. There is something ON MY FACE and it THREW UP ON ME.

I was gonna die and Tempe was gonna laugh. I just knew it.

"Speech"

OOC: Grasshoppers are demons. I swear.
@[Einarr]

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Stand on my feet
Dance the warrior, the warrior

EINARR

"What you doing, yalli?"

Einarr's front, cloven hooves hit the ground and he straightened his weight, tucking his massive flight appendages to his sides. His eyebrows knit together, showing his confusion. The child was young, obviously still nourished by his mother's milk, and Einarr closed the distance between him and the child with ease. He stood before the boy, his massive frame blotting out the light and casting his shadow over the entirety of the youngling, covering him in darkness. Einarr stared down at him, tail flicking gently against his hocks to ward off spring flies. The beast knew that foals were defenseless, and it was a high risk to be away from one's herd, or better yet, one's parents. Flexing his wings to stretch out to his sides, an attempt to cover the foal completely in shade, inspected the foal better.

The warrior lowered his head and sniffed at the creature. He did not smell of the Dragon's Throat, and that rang even more confusion in his mind. He was a rusty color, the color of sand, as well as black, the color of coal. He was marked carefully, and the antlers that were but buds on his head made him think of the one Einarr guessed he had belonged to. "What, son of Gaucho, doing far from desert?" Einarr asked, sniffing the child again before snorting some. If he needed to, he would deliver this child home by force. It was for his protection, after all. His duty as a warrior was to protect those who could not protect themselves--and even those that could--and this definitely rang the truest when it came to foals. They were cherished, for they were the future.

[yalli = child]

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

There's a voice, and I can hardly turn my head because my antler nubs are stuck in the bushes before the lights go out and something is over me.

Holy shit.

I manage to turn my head enough to see the thing out of the corner of my eye, and it's a pegasus like Da...but bigger. There were others bigger than Da?! I tug on my head, hind legs scrambling, but with my tail and wings and front legs all tangled in the bush I can hardly even move, let alone break free.

"Uh... Da hasn't taken me to the desert yet." What was a gaucho? Son of gaucho... was that Da's name? I swear Ma and Auntie called him Booseefelish. Which is weird. I just call him Da. I try one more time to pull something free, before I just kinda give up and let the bush hold me.

"Who...who are you?" For the first time in my short life, I'm kind of...okay, really scared. I was trapped and there was a giant and Sis wasn't around or Ma or Da to help and I could be in danger and they wouldn't know! I began struggling again, panicked whimpers escaping me as I struggled and thrashed and flailed for all I was worth, with all the strength in my little body.

One wing tears free, leaving a few black feathers behind before I begin flapping it vigorously, reaching for the smokey stuff in my chest, grabbing it and focusing on it. Smoke began billowing from my wing as I flapped it, hopefully chasing the giant off.