Minx
M
A
I
T
I
M
O
You stare into the eyes of your brothers as you try and reason with them. It’s an opportunity for peace. It’s an opportunity to mend broken wounds, but, they won’t listen. Despite them you charge off into the night. You so blindly think that you can save them from their impending doom. You so blindly charge into the wolves den and as you stand upon the edge of darkness you call out his name. Then He comes. And then you feel yourself falling. You try so desperately to scream, to find your words but they are locked in your windpipe. A vision of your brothers appear. They call you stupid and naïve.
Maitimo betrayed us all. They say, He was a blind fool

You try to call out to them. Let them know. It was all for them. It was all for THEM.

He awakens with a scream. Sweat cakes his body and he frantically glances around him, unaware of where he is. Then he remembers. He remembers he is in Helovia. He remembers that he is running. He remembers that he fell asleep beneath the willow in hopes of escaping from the terrors of his waking mind. It was idiotic of him to believe that sleep would hold any mercy. Whether he is waking or conscious his fear is always looming. He tries to shove away the overwhelming sense of self loathing and disgust at what he has become. No matter how hard he tries he is a sniveling coward. His mind and soul are broken and it seems as if there is nothing to mend the pieces. Death is gradually becoming an appealing thought. Truly it won’t be hard. There are ways to pass swiftly and gently. Yet he is even too afraid to end his own life. Maitimo is trapped within his own misery.

[For Aisling though open to others. Please wait until after Laine posts though.]
speech walk walk
Image Credit

Pixel by Aud
* Only tag in opening posts please
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material. 

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
my friend makes rings, she swirls and sings
she’s a mystic in the sense that she’s still mystified by things

A girl determined to be pleased with everything around her is not easily swayed, especially one so caught by her own dreams as the little white dove wandering through the willows. She had entered Helovia, only days before and was thoroughly enjoying exploring in the fine weather of late Birdsong. The singer would meet up with Kvothe, and his new Troupe soon enough but she had been eager to see more of this beautiful land. If the region was gripped by a silent terror, she had no knowledge of it.

She walked quietly through the willows, letting the low hanging wispy branches tickle her back and the tops of her pert little ears. Normally she would have sung as she walked but there was something in the low rustle of willows and the quiet of might that held her captivated. The young maiden finds herself in an enchanted grove, sleeping quietly in the blessed peace of night, and little did she know that here is where her magical destiny awaited her…

A scream interrupted her fanciful train of thought. Shocked out of her reverie, Aisling stood deathly still listening for danger, for surely someone was afraid, was in danger, and close. She was certain that the disturbance had come just through the trees in front of her. She waited, listening intently, when she heard no more sounds of an attack, she made her decision. Where a wiser horse might have fled, the kindhearted little dreamer moved slowly forward. If someone was hurt that she had to help!

Coming around a sweep of the willows boughs, she finally spied the blue stallion. He looks retched, a handsome form since covered in sweat and face a mask of misery. She stopped here she was, half hidden in the hanging leaves and called out in her soft chords “Dia dhuit.” She began in her native tongue and then realized that she should use what Kvothe had said was the common language in these parts. “Beggin’ your pardon, but are you alright?” her voice held the musical lilt of the Emerald Isle but it was washed in quiet concern. Her head was bent low, reaching forward in a thoroughly un-intimidating manner. She wanted to help, but was so unsure of what it is she could do, of what had caused this poor creature such pain. Kindness, her mother had always said, could heal any wound.

- - -

Actions in the living world.
Daydreams and foolish fantasies.
“Words spoken aloud.”

Translations: Dia dhuit - Hello
Table style by Tamme!
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Maitimo Posts: 14
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 4
Minx
M a i t i m o

Another comes. He shouldn’t be surprised that someone is drawn by his screams. All they may want do is to inspect potential danger. And when she appears significantly shorter than himself, he feels the slightest bit of tension release from his body. She is too small to be a direct agent, but, underlings could always find lackeys.

Her question passes through his mind, but, he remains unresponsive for a long moment. Then he blinks and perks his ears forward as his eyes all to the ground. “Just… A ni-nightmare,” He says his tone relatively steady for once. Since his time in the Threshold his mind has steadied itself slightly, but, he knows better than to think himself fixed. Only in recent days has he seen any change in his physique. Wounds are now scabs and his ribs are still visible though there has been some weight gain. “… Was I disturbing you?” His voice falling softer than before. The confidence he has is fading swiftly as he realizes he might be upsetting her. “I-I am so sorry if I was… I’m sorry.”

Images flash through his mind. Flashbacks of things he tries so hard to lock away. They barrage him and he feels his breaths beginning to come in quicker and quicker. He needs to run away and hide himself. Maitimo wants to crawl back into the dark crevices he has been hiding in and push everyone away.

“NO!” He shrieks as memories take a hold. Maitimo isn’t standing beneath a willow. He is within the darkness with His voice cooing in his ear. Maitimo had lashed out. He had tried to escape and find his brothers, but they dragged him back. They dragged him back and threw him at his feet to be whipped like a dog. That’s what he had become. A dog. A pet. A plaything.

He fights his way back towards the surface and his eyes flicker over to the little filly and he feels a sob slip from his lips. “I’m sorry…” He murmurs, praying that she will just leave.

talk talk talk

The fire I began is burning me alive.

ADD IMAGE CREDITS HERE

Pixel by Aud
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material. 

AISLING
He is a moment in answering, and in that space Aisling is left to wonder and his appearance. She had never before seen so much color! The stallion that had greeted her in Helovia had had streak in his hair of a similar shade but this creature was covered in blue and sported four horns! What a magical land this must be if such creatures roamed it. Magical and dangerous. Now that she had the time to look, the evidence of this stallions hardships was plain.

The naïve little girl had grown up sheltered, and even after leaving her home, her wispy way across the land had not yet forced her into any hardship or danger. The wounds across his body were barely beginning to heal and how on earth could he be so thin with such a rich bounty of Birdsong all around him?

A nightmare, he said, and she relaxed, confident of no danger. His apology seems a bit excessive, but thewhite girl thinks little of it. Her kind smile spreads again, trying to reassure him that he had caused no trouble, and the coo in her voice was aimed for a calming effect. “You’ve not disturbed me, I has just wanting to see that all was well. If…”

His second scream, a harsh “NO!”, has Aisling jumping back in alarm. Her eyes went wide for a moment and her hooves seem rooted to the spot. Caught in her confusion it was a second before she saw the change in him. There was a wildness in him, something she could not name or understand, and it puzzled her to watch his eyes as he stood there in his distress. He was there, physically and solidly, there but his eyes seem somehow so far away. Something from an old story came flitting back into her mind, for that’s all her mind seemed to contain was stories and no experiences of her mind. A brave soldier returns home from a terrible war. He is home and safe, surrounded by loved ones, but still haunted by the horrors he had seen. Only the woods witch had been able to help him to forget.

He seems to resurface and murmurs another apology, this one comes out in a sob and the girl feels her own heart break for the pain in the other. Her own smokey eyes well with tears, but she blinks them back and tries for the serene expression she had always loved so much on her mother’s face. Without a thought that he might lash out, that he might attack, she moves forward in a cautious step, not wanting to startle him further. “There now… Calma tú féin, mo chara.” Her words are quiet, a soft flow of gentle water. “There is nothing to be apologizing for. I am called Aisling, and I am here to help, so you just settle yourself down now.”

In truth she didn’t know what she could do for this beast, but she was determined to try. She curved her careful path, coming up to stand along his side instead of at his front. Gently, she reached her soft muzzle up to press itself to a spot on his shoulder, trying for a reassuring gesture, a grounding touch, and taking a care to avoid the scrapes along his skin.

- - -

“Words spoken aloud.”

Translations: Calma tú féin, mo chara. - Calm yourself, my friend.
Table style by Tamme!
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Maitimo Posts: 14
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 4
Minx
M a i t i m o

She speaks to him, her words reassuring and gentle. Maitimo wishes that is enough. If only sweets words had the ability to soothe his cracked soul. But before she can finish her sentence he is seized by another fit. As the memories fill his mind he doesn’t see her jump back or the way she simply stands there. Maitimo is lost in his past. Lost in the scars that were etched upon his mind, scars that will never fade. But he pushes past his wounds and he drives Him from his mind. For the moment he is safe from torment. For the moment his head is clear from the smog.

As he splutters out a stream of apologies he watches her. She doesn’t leave. No, she needs to leave. He can’t control his emotions and he feels hot tears appear at the edge of his eyes. Words peek into the back of his mind as tears stream down his cheeks. He can hear His voice . ”Why do you cry Maitimo? Do you find my hospitality so foul? Do you find me upsetting?” It takes every ounce of control to not blubber out more “sorry’s” and “forgive me’s.” Barely he catches the mare words and before he knows it there is touch upon his skin. Every muscle within his body tightens, but he knows better. He knows better than to reject her. There is no no only yes. That is the order of things. Maitimo is to stand there and remain silent. Something about this touch though is different. It is like the affection his brothers once gave him. It isn’t wild, heated, or feral like that of his captors.

He sniffles slightly and feels the last of his tears fall. Yes, he can settle down. He can be okay with company. “I-I cannot escape.” He murmurs. “I can-cannot escape my own mind. I got away from Him but I haven’t escape the memories. Thi-this… Place has magic. Do yo-you know of someone who can fi-fix it?”She wants to help, and here is her chance. Truly someone out there can bury all his pain and all his agony.4

talk talk talk

The fire I began is burning me alive.

Image Credits

Pixel by Aud
* Force permitted

AISLING
The way the blue stallion spoke sent a slight tremor down the little mare’s spine. She wanted to help, her kind heart would not allow her to attempt anything less, bit she didn’t understand the depths of what he was struggling against. How could she understand being trapped in fearful memories when all she’d ever had were good ones? Her face fell a little when he posed his question, she hadn’t met anyone with power like that. Still, she hadn’t met more than a handful of horses yet, there was so much more to Helovia that she herself had yet to discover. Who’s to say there wasn’t someone who could help him, or maybe some god? She’d head whispers of The Four who ruled this land, maybe they could help if no mortal could.

“I must confess I know none with that power, but I am only just arrived in this land.” She tried for her most optimistic tone, attempting to lighten the gloom he cast. Her feet danced a step ahead, bringing her face closer to a level with his and gave him another smile. “I’ve see many wonders in such a short time, and I do not doubt there is someone who can help. Maybe I could help you search?”

She hoped he would let her accompany him, to send him off alone seemed such a cruel and uncaring thing to do. Her grey gaze fluttered over him, watching for signs of another outburst. He seemed calmer now, and that was good, she wanted to encourage that at least if she could give him no other help. “Not all that trapped, mayhaps…. Ye’ve brought yourself here and are talking to me just as sure as I’m talking to you, and did that all on your own.” Another encourageing nudge was aimed for the side of his neck, seeing as the last had seemed to work. “Why don’t you tell me what I can call you and we can build on that” She thought again, quite suddenly, of the God’s place she’d heard of, somewhere to the south, and thought she might as well offer that option as well. “There are Gods, I’ve herd, that make their home in the rock-lands to the south of here and grant gifts sometimes. I was going to go there myself, would you like to come with me?” That prospect excited her. She could help him find refuge and maybe teach him a song along the way, two travelers joined to seek their quests together!

- - -

“Words spoken aloud.”

Notes: holy heck I am sorry about that wait!
Table style by Tamme!