the Rift

For I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

Talion Posts: 12
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16,3 :: 4 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Unknown :: Wolverine :: None Tailormade

Talion
Stars, hide your fires! Let not light see my black and deep desires.

A myriad of coruscating stars dotted the inky fabric of the sky, the waning moon partially covered by wooden poles, bestowing a lustre light on the grass below. A stallion that - had it not been for the albicant mask priding his face, would have become one with the night - had stopped on a grassland hill at the very edge of the encompassing darkness of the woodland. One could only phantom the streams of thoughts running through his mind, a yonderly gaze firmly planted towards the nocturnal sky. Was it longing that glimmered in his eyes, a hiraeth for a place that can only be reached by the mortality of men?

Long did he stand like this, long enough for the chill of a spring’s night to set in his bones. At last a prolonged sigh detached his gaze as he shook his bulging neck, the trimmed mane swaying in rhythm to the movements. The lines of trees before him looked no different than the countless forests he had roamed before, the forest canopy blocking most attempts of reproach by the couriers of the moon. However, despite the blasé looks of it he could not shake the feeling that he stood at the threshold of something greater. Like the hardwood stood as sempiternal sentinels, guarding whatever lay beyond with a divine wisdom.

Unsated wanderlust edged him forward and he began to walk towards the beckoning of new adventures. Yet, no purpose marked his steps, but what is a man without a purpose; a free man, or a burdened one?
Coding by Tamme || Word count: 260

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
Spice

She is a big, fat, ball of flight. And the sky isn't the limit.

And, flying is not the only thing she can do. Flying with some... pazaaz! Pazaaz. That was all an equine needed to have fun. Anyone.

She twists, her body stinging with a new feeling. Something of exitment and exhaustion, another slip in the night that makes her shriek, her shrill voice calling out over the upcoming rolls of forest...a place she has become familiar with as the Threshold. She has recruited few in these varied trees. All opponents of Helovia have entered this place, but if you were born here, you were told of this place. This was the entrance to the land of varied creatures. Single-horns, pegasi, and regular equine. Their companions, and other species that reside in other categories other than Equus ferus caballus.

The sting stays in her body as she twists and turns, her dappled wings stuck to her sides like pieces of paper on a glue high, though, the glue is still wet. They fling outwards, towards the night sky, and...she cries out again in the darkness of the night. It was not a saddening cry. It was an entrancing cry. Long and whoopish. Like she could fly forever and ever and...never ever stop. She didn't want to stop, frankly. But you always had to. A sigh escapes her lips as she starts to glide normally again.

On a regular day's night, she would feel consumed by a claustrophobic mess of feeling. Darkness closing in around her. But today. It was a free day today. And on these assigned days, she decides in the morning that she is going to be happy and free...and more important, carefree. Some nights, she would feel enclosed by a box when she flew. The edges of the box just brushing up against the tips of her dappled wings. Though, that scenario was not truly the case. That could not happen. Unless it was a tunnel. But, it was precisely a box she was picturing.

She now felt free-er. Better. Calmer, though whooping. She felt less claustrophobic and more free. Free was really what she needed. But, she could not be free every day. Then, special days would lose their purpose. Why have a special free day when you already have them every day. It's like saying to a rock star: Why don't you just rock all the time and do gigs and stuff, and never have any down time? Because gigs and rocking isn't the only special thing in their life. Just like being free isn't the only special thing in hers.

So it's final, she will try to feel like this every time she flies at night (which is not often, mind you) but still not have free days every day. Why would she in the first place? Smiling at her own success inside her own little mind, she starts to plummet at an angle, riding the currents down she swooped...

And when she landed, she did not land in a loud ruffle of feathers and trips and stumbles and oofs'. She landed almost perfectly. And it felt great. She didn't want to stop feeling that downwards motion as she fell, hooves giving the touch-down at just the right time. Trotting along the ridden path she had designed for herself as she went, she slowed to a walk.

Glancing around, emerald orbs took in the surroundings of the girl. She smiled with a new kind of glee to see...a man in the darkness of the night. She would not have spotted him if it weren't for that bright mask he wore upon his crown and dip.

Shadowed by night he stood, for a couple of moments. And, perhaps he was only a figment. A figment of the girl's ever-so-twisting imagination. But no, he moved. Forward. Having yet to notice the mud-dappled girl, she galloped forward, wings out spread she worked hard not to speed up so fast that she would lift from the ground, but just enough to reach him in a noble gesture of...Spicy-ness.

Reaching the midnight-hued man, she slowed, and in the bow of her crown, she spoke soft words in secret allegiance still towards the free day. "Hello, sir. I am Spice of the Dragons Throat. You are in Helovia, the land of twisted creatures and sparking dreams." And you've just stumbled into my free trap.

"talk talk talk"
Whoa all the longness....Please do not feel obligated to write that much for your second post. <3@[Talion]
Coding by Tamme
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

Night came and the world fell silent, stars shimmered in their usual glory and the nocturnal came out of hiding to forage for food. It was my favourite time of day, there was something about the quiet and the dark that made a beautiful combination, it settled my heart and for a moment I could be at peace. The problems of my life drifted away and I tasted the free air that caressed my mane in flowing folds. There had been a time when I hated flying, when the wings that sprouted from my sides had been the bane of my existence and I wanted nothing more than to be rid of them. Now, however, the ever-advancing years had taught me that they were appendages to be carried on to better views and not to be loathed as useless muscle. I was a foolish foal, but I learnt many things in my infant idiocy. Even now I enjoyed the breeze as it trailed through my feathers and delighted in the fact that I could go where many earth walkers couldn't. Closer to the stars.

I am not alone in these skies it seemed. Another was enjoying the night just like I, a painted filly whose small petite bodice gave away her youth. I watch her from afar, not really looking for anything, but simply observing her wild manoeuvres that brought a smile to my lips. Yes, I suppose I am bereft of much emotion most of the time, but even I can take pleasure in the small things in life; I wish I had spent my youth in such a manner as this carefree foal.

She lands, however, and soon I do too just a little further away, there was no point blowing my cover yet. Instead, I find a nice area to land and stalk the forest on cloven hooves until I find the girl and another. A wingless stranger, who was almost as black as midnight, if it wasn’t for the odd patches of white that curved onto his face and the speedy footsteps of the wild fawn who gave away his location to my prying eyes. I move in a little calmer than the other, on light feet and folding my wings away neatly to the side. The white and red had always been my give away.

"I would suggest to stay away from the twisted creatures" I purr, playing along to the child’s youthful chime. "Ghost, Czarina of the Hidden Falls" came my simple introduction.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Talion
Stars, hide your fires! Let not light see my black and deep desires.
The familiar serenade of grasshoppers and quotidian night creatures created a comforting blanket, which lulled me into what would become a false sense of security. Even distant screeches, which I then mentally brushed of as some bird without much thought, was not enough to create more than a flickering glance along the forest line. That was until a mellow thumping resonated towards me, increasing in volume indicating its vicinity.

I halted in my steps, my eyes snapping towards a figure haloed by a cascade of feathers, just in time to keep my composure and not jolt in surprise. Even though I was capable of containing my initial shock, I still felt the discomfort at the tug of heart as my heartbeat augmented. "Hello, sir. I am Spice of the Dragons Throat. You are in Helovia, the land of twisted creatures and sparking dreams." As the feather pride lowered a horse, only a youth by the looks of it, protruded between them. "I would suggest to stay away from the twisted creatures. Ghost, Czarina of the Hidden Falls." Another horse appeared in the night, this one sharing my night-cloaked hide, but seemingly also one of the horsebirds with her wings neatly tucked to her sides. Their sudden appearance gave me little time for individual contemplation. “Spice, Ghost.” I nodded. “Talion of .. Nowhere." A hint of accent framed the guarded undertone coating my words. I could not say I felt like I belonged to one place more than any other, a pang of realization that somehow bothered the longing within me.

Twisted creatures indeed, but I could not avoid a profound interest in their selcouth beauty to take hold of me. However, dumbstruck might not have been a big enough word to cover the situation. Until this day I had cast the myth of birdhorses aside as fables and child tales, blatantly ridiculed the ones that had clambered to stories of their existence with belief. I might owe a few people an apology after all.
Base code by Tamme || Word count: 333 || @[Spice] @[Ghost]

Hidden Account
Spice

Out of nowhere is a dark mare. And just like the male's white mask, she has a color -no, a marking- that gives her away as well. A small smile spreads Spice's face when she plays along with the facade of the young girl.

She nods to him as he speaks both their names. So simple, yet elegant his accent. Deep and beholding of such a place...a place of elsewhere somewhere Spice did not know. Just like she did not know Helovia once.

"Well, Talion of nowhere..." You should be more careful when you enter my trap of free-y-ness! The girl, she is jumpy and hyper on the inside from who-knows-what. She is taking a guess that it is just the thought of a wonderful night and a new friend. Two, actually. "I would like to introduce you to my herd, the Dragons Throat. It is a desert surrounded by thrashing seas; an oasis sits at it's heart. Though, there are other herds in the lands of Helovia..." She smiles mischievously in the dark mare's direction, and nods, eyes alight with something in the lingering moonlight.

Moonlight. It is in which that seemed to keep her running at night. When there was little of it, or none of it, she would feel alone. It was not like she traveled with a companion all the time like Gaucho. He would have the soft company of Mara everywhere he went. Including the Threshold of Helovia. Spice smiled at the idea of having a companion to speak with when she was bored. Someone she could play with and talk to when she couldn't fall asleep... it would be wonderful.

Simply...wonderful.

The dappled girl...she seems to get lost in her own haze of a dream. Imagining her and her companion, whatever it so be, together. Forever. 'Till the end of time. She is caught up in her thoughts, green gaze drifting elsewhere.
Thoughts collide as she is brought back into the real world.

The feeling of the wind brakes her. Piece by piece. Just a dream, she glides through the sound of a voice.

And looks up at both her new friends with a sigh of tiredness.

Tierdness of...what? Exactly?

"talk talk talk"
@[Ghost] @[Talion]

Coding by Tamme

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

I continue to move, circling the interesting pair with gentle steps as my eyes dance between them, intrigued and prying. The white-faced knight announces himself as Talion, a name that rang no familiar bell in my mind… Talion of Nowhere. Curious, he was a nomad then? A wayfaring vagabond who drifted from place to place looking for purpose or work, perhaps this was the kind of creature he was. He says little more and I feel myself chaff at the lack of explanation, he couldn’t be just from nowhere, he had to be from somewhere right? Originally, that was. Though his lips moved no more and I take that the reservation in his words meant he would be reluctant to speak anymore of it. Though I play around with the thought of prying further as the child, Spice, speaks with wild abandon about wishing to show him the Dragons Throat. With carefully faked sweetness, I offer a kind smile in return to the filly and ponder my own words. In the end, I decide to inspect this male further, drifting as near as he would allow me to his face before falling to a sharp halt. The darkness shrouded parts of his dark pelt and he would surely be almost invisible if not for the white marks and the intriguing green of his eyes.

"The night suits you, Talion." I murmur to him before stepping back and casting my gaze in a northerly direction. The Hidden Falls was in need of some more strapping males, her rolling green lands were full of talented mares, but lacked the brawn of much needed testosterone. Was that enough to offer him a place? Even so, I suppose he might prefer the whims of the yearling who was by far more carefree than I could ever be, the world hadn’t marked this one in scars yet.

A content sigh passes through my lips as I realize I have probably been silent for long enough. Turning my head back to the odd company of two, I look first to the filly, who seems to grow tired all of a sudden which causes a frown to come upon my brow. "Are you well, Spice? You look weary and the orange land you hail from is fair journey" I ponder, the girl had maybe spent a little too much energy, but with hope she would soon find a second wind. "My herd lies very close to this forest, concealed away under the mountain, I offer you both respite from your travels and a chance to rest." I am not really one to harbour unwanted baggage, but my sleepy home is large in resource and perhaps I would learn more about the pair if I was a little more accommodating and less vague.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Effervescing enthusiasm radiated from the painted filly and though I was not one for smiling lightly, a faint, crooked grin crept across my lips as I relieved myself of an amused snort. I could not remember ever having the pleasure of indulging in the whimsical virtue of youth. Yet, I had no memories of ever becoming so old either. What an unnerving thought.

Exuberant tales of deserts, oases and thrashing oceans drowned into the back of my mind as I sighted the white of the other mares feathers at the rim of keppel eyes. The traces of any amusement that might have been left on my face gradually diminished as I regarded her movements. Good rarely came out of the circling of a vulture in pursuit.

Rousing suspicion might have been the appropriate measure as she broke her pattern and walked towards me, had it not been for the seductive glint in her eyes and the distraction of her hindquarters as she stopped closer than I might have deemed appropriate. Instinctively I puffed my chest like a male peacock ruffling his feathers on display, while drawing my head closer to the curve of my neck, the bulge of muscle more defined. The night suits you, Talion. And in answer I raised my left brow in a question of not only her motives, but as she stepped back and redirected her attention it seemed like it would go unanswered. A silver coin for your thoughts?

My cautious stare did not yield as she talked to the youth – what was her name again, Spice? – of weariness, but at the mention of her herd it snapped with a crease of brows. “A herd you say?” The question was not mocking in tone, but the titular introduction of hers had meant little to my understanding, before this 'reveal' of such. “Lead the way.”
Base code by Tamme || Word count: 309 || @[Spice] @[Ghost]
You can reply for closure of the thread, but lets say that Talion follows Ghost to the Falls? :3

Hidden Account
Spice

Spice is oblivious to what is going on before her eyes. Taking it as a polite gesture, she feels all too tired to notice.
The girl doesn't like this sudden leave of energy, her eyes fixated on the ground. Hoping -no, wishing- for it to give her some light. Some energy. But, she can't really do that.

Though, it would be cool.

When the mare speaks to her, Spice looks up into her eyes, unintentionally. "I am okay, miss." She hates how those manners lessons from her mother worked sometimes. Being polite get get you some places.

When she speaks again, the girl is shocked -but only a bit- to hear her offer a resting place for the two. She smiles, nonetheless and nods. No need to judge her on her looks or choice of speech. This mare was coming off as kind to the filly. And she thought of the dark mare as a friend.
A friend that also kind of reminded her of Gaucho. With her horn and wings. It was cool how he was one of her new friends as well.

Cool. "Yes...lead the way!" she says, her voice dripping with a new batch of enthusiasm. She doesn't know how she does it, but a little energy is still left in her. Maybe it is the thought of talking more with the two, or maybe rest. Either thing, she was pumped. A smile on her face as she followed, tail swinging like a happy dog's she still watches the ground as she walks along, her eyes watching the ground beneath her and how it moves with her feet. The smile still on her face, she is silent. Taking this generous offering, she was to be polite and kind in the home of another. Yes. That was it.

"talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme

@[Talion], @[Ghost]