the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bloody Stitches for your Broken Heart

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

You're all that still matters

Of all the poor souls within the world, there always seem to those that out hit the hardest. They remained kind, warm-hearted and unbelievably selfless, and still took every bullet that was ever fired from a gun.
Cera, poor boy, or should she address him as man, was one of those. She kept her eyes off him during the meeting and patiently waited until it would polite to be speak to him. Her heart anchored itself onto the bones of her rib cage, holding tight and daring not to creep into darkness. Bodies pull away and voices subdize, fading the thick air about their gathering.
Patientance pays off in the end when it seems that he is free for her to speak to. The champagne has become cold and shut away that emotion never drips from her anymore apart from rare occasions. A smile once painted on is rubbed away with sorrow and worry.
They drip until they pour, giving away to what she locks away. She really does care, but sometimes it works out better in the end not to.
She tries to capture him before he leaves, nodding her head in greeting to Ilaria, whispering a faint "hello" to the Red Panda. Sikeax would of given her heart for there to a much more loving and affectionate greeting towards her friend's companion, but instead of that, the depression that glows from Cera's body feeds into the horned mare. There was nothing to give her other than what had been offered.
"Cera?" Oh, what a wonderful name having to be said in pain and heartache every time she speaks it in his presence, begging mentally that all is well with him. The scenry changed at least. "Are you okay?"
Of course he's not okay. Those eyes weren't broken but her heart liked to hold on to wishes, hopes and dreams in case things did work out.
"What's wrong?"
The least she could do was give support and love, affection with a caring hand reserved for those that were worth her trust and keeping around.

@[Cera]

notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Cradled between the two bodies of his friends, Cera had hardly paid any attention to the words Gaucho had spoken. Useless, empty words. As hollow when it rang as any the world tried to give him in consolation for a loss he felt he could never recover from. So as they had dispersed, Gaucho's voice quiet and their dismissal apparent, Cera had turned and pressed his muzzle to the shoulder of both Hector and Megaera. His eyes did all the talking for a voice that was too choked to work. Thank you. Their smiles had been enough to force a shaky breath into his reluctant lungs, given him the strength to move forth into the desert, away from the congregation. He had his duties, as did the rest. Work, at least, would keep his mind off...everything.

Except a familiar form was moving to intercept him, dainty and beautiful as ever. Cera felt guilt wreck what little was left of him that wasn't subdued in forced numbness. How long had it been since he had seen the beautiful maiden? He felt as if he had abandoned her, as effectively as he had Amani. Was that why he was such a failure? Because he followed in his father's footsteps? Nonetheless, he owed her his company for that if nothing else, and so the painted boy moved to reach her in tandem.

Her voice washed over him as they came ever closer to one another, her scent familiar in his nares. A soft hello was spoken over his shoulder, and Ilaria made a soft chittering noise in response, warm brown eyes regarding Sikeax lovingly. She adored the girl, and hoped that perhaps the blue-spotted youth could pull her Prince from the depths of his agony. But even she had little faith in that regard. It would take quite some time, and a lot of effort from those who loved him, for Cera to really heal.

For a second he basked in his name, spoken in her soft tone. And then, like flame eating away at a tender leave, he curled in and shriveled away beneath the weight of her questions, simplistic though they were. His eyes were moist, breathing ragged, within moments at the mere idea of telling her the truth.

"No...no, Sia I'm...I'm not okay," he managed to choke out, his wings trembling with the force of his agony. "My brother...Hototo. He was killed trying to stop Gaucho. He was...he was all I had left, Sia," was whispered, and like a broken dam that had been too weak to begin with, he broke. The tears streamed down his face like twin rivers, and the mere effort it took to lift his eyes to her face seemed to exhaust him. "My father left me for the will of a God. My sister thought me a liar, a danger to her son, and we have yet to reconcile. And now...now I have lost my brother, when I had just found him." His frail chest shook beneath the weight of his silent sobs, shoulders drooping like broken wings from his nape, hunched beneath the awareness of his loss.
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Her cries and pleads to him are answered as she draws herself into them, wishing to reach her muzzle out to soothe his worries with touch. The end of nose had been burned without mercy, and the coming of Tallsun brought fear into her as of what was to come as of her skin.
Ilaria's greeting calms her nerves, well placed to her heart. When they grow into one another and stop their movements, a nicker flutters from her. "It's good to see you, Ilaria." Regardless of the fact that the mammal was considered a 'companion,' Sikeax held the girl as highly as she did Cera. Ilaria was as much family as the Pegasus was and nothing could come to change that.
Her sheild finally finds a way to shatter when he breaks before her, ears resting limp, pressed backwards while emotion overtakes her body. In her need to comfort him, she finds a spot on his neck worth grooming, careful to avoid the scars while he speaks. It was the best that could of been done with her current circumstances.
"Oh, Cera...." Sorrow fills her words as her mind searches for something that might be well for comfort. It was her job, her task within the Dragon's Throat that she must care for the health of every member, but this was not work. It was friendship and what came with being strong enough to put trust into someone who could easily wound you. He was clearly not that kind after having almost given his life for her, but there were always doubts.
"He was not all you have left. You have so many more in your life that care for you, love that you and want to see you happy. You have Ilaria, you have your friends who would do anything for you. You have me, and I promise that I will not leave you like the rest have."
That sounded selfish of you.
Personal doubts struck her dying heart and put another puncture into the canvas, but this was not her time. It was his and his only, for if she let it go to herself, then surely it was a selfish, self-centered move.
She releases what part she had been grooming and moves her cheek bone to press against him.
"Many come and go in our lives. Hototo died in a noble cause, and should be honoured for his deed. You do still have his memories to remember him by. Her ramblings seemed pointless within her head, but her chest dragged her along the path in desperate hopes that a miracle might be discovered in which she can comfort his broken heart. "Have you tried speaking with your sister and brother? It could never hurt."
It was the least that could of been offered. She is tired and burning in pain from even the slightest touch from the burns, and her sacrifices may only be short lived.
notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

At the wounded cry he gives she sinks into him, a balm to the raw edges of his soul. Perhaps it doesn't heal him, but it negates the fiery burn that seems to consume him. It gives him enough time to catch a breath, to feel the void that is so close at hand. Like a puppet whose strings have been sawed through, he collapses against her frame, until they are so intertwined he believes they will never be two whole individuals ever again. It is not a daunting prospect, perhaps it is even a delightful one. To be sewn so close that she can never truly leave him. That she can't abandon him like everybody else. Her lips touch to his shoulder, grooming him, as if she could rid him of his agony with the cleansing of his outsides in tandem with his insides. He presses up to her, wings bowing forward as if to embrace her, shelter her, when it is he who needs the canopy of her love.

A sorrowful sigh of his name falls from her lips like rapture, and he drowns in her like she was the ocean and he desired to find the limits of her being. He wets her nape with the salted substance of his tears, frail chest shaking with his pain as if fit to fall apart at the seams. Yet she's there, ready with glue and love and patience, prepared to put him back together every single time. It only makes him cry all the harder.

He knows she'll never judge him, somehow. That she won't find him less manly, or some ridiculous notion. So he doesn't attempt to fool her. Even if he did, Cera suspected she'd be able to see past it anyways.

Her words came to him, one of the few that he cared to actually listen to, and they sank through the opening she'd jammed herself into and deep where he could actually hear them through the siren wailing of his own despair. He clung to her helplessly, praying she would be strong enough to weather him through this particular storm. Even if he doubted her words, the ones that told him he had friends, that those friends loved him, he couldn't truly refute her. The evidence was right there before his eyes.

Megaera and Hector moving to his side to give him the support he needed. Sikeax seeking him out after the herd meeting, holding him together and letting him cry upon her. Amani lending him strength and support at Hototo's funeral. How could he claim her a liar with those events so closely present?

"You have me, and I promise that I will not leave you like the rest have."

Cera's breath caught and held, feeling as if she had just offered him the entire world on a silver platter. Even if promises could always be broken. Always were broken. It was still a start, still a buoy to his pain until that promise was shattered apart. Maybe it was smarter to not take her up on it, because he knew the pain would only be delayed. But desperate people did desperate, foolhardy things. And so he choked and cried against her neck, feathers reaching and folding so far inward that they sought to touch the sides of her pale belly.

"Thank you," he whispered in response to that solemn promise. It extends to thanks for her words concerning Hototo, the advice she gives with Ranjiri and Ryuu. "How can I face them? How can I be strong for them?" it was weak and pitiful as it came out, a plaintive cry for wisdom, for help. He could only help she would be so patient and kind as to continue giving it to him.
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

She bares him, clinging to his very existance and soaking herself within his tears. Lips pass over his body while she grooms him. She can't wash his pain away through the motions of hygiene, but if it was enough to offer Cera something for his beating, broken and shattered heart, then it could do nothing to worsen the situation.
For the time being, her heart and soul, every molecule and atom of her signature in the universe flows out to him. A whisper with the song of his vocal cords fill her ears and she nickers with a soft, slow tone in the further attempt to calm him.
He asks for more, yet ventures into a place that she has no advice for. Thoughts cloud and she struggles with her words before they make it to the outside world.
"They love you, don't they? Regardless of how upset they may of been and how you think they feel about you, you are family and there is love there no matter your actions." Her mind flows to her family, the actual flesh and blood that had taken the time to raise her as the small child was desperate for love and affection. If any of them had loved her, then why had they gone?
She fears she spins lies into his heart at this point and wishes upon every shooting star that has ever been that what she tells him is the truth for his world.
"Cera, be yourself. Be who you have always been, and be there for them. They'll return the favour no matter what. Simply be yourself, and be there when they need you."
Wings cling into her sides and she lets them sink into her burned, honey coat. Her neck and deep mane moves to drape itself over his withers, careful to miss the location of Ilaria. She showers him in her love while the tears flow like great rivers. "You have one of the kindest hearts I have ever known. Every syllable drifts from her lips in a whisper, forcing itself into their shared atmosphere in a try to pass his sobs and cries.
notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,