the Rift

[OPEN] I hope you're up there with God saying "That's my kid!"

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
we look so alike that it makes me shiver

Sacre stared out across the wastes of white as the wind whipped folds of his thick mane around his face. Vibrant blue eyes, those of his mother, searched the vast expanse of snow that all seemed to blur into one. He was near the Basin border with a quest on his mind, it pained him to know that he was not allowed into his home land, but he swallowed away the hurt in his heart. It had been his choice anyway, had it not? Yet, like any kid who returned to the scene of their childhood, there was a special kind of attachment here that no other could replace. Memories of playing with Roux in the snow, there were other foals here too, like Rhiannon and Lothíriel. The ever stout presence of both father and mother... Mother. He would never look upon her beautiful, familiar features again. Those caring eyes and faithful shoulders. Tears began to fall down his cheeks and quickly, he tried to blink them away, knowing that he had shed enough. His mother had not been faint of heart and surely, she would expect him to be stronger than this?

With a shaky breath, he turned his attention back to the reason he was lingering so close to the border of the Basin. There was one sibling he sought, one he had never conversed with all that often, but one who might know more. She was the eldest after all. If he couldn't find father then he would search for his next of kin until he found someone who shared his blood. Aviya.

She was scary, Sacre had stayed away from her most of the time afraid she might capture and twist him into something ugly. Yet, the boy couldn't help but think she may be the strongest out of them all, though a jealous sibling part of him challenged this. "Aviya?" He shouted, his voice carrying on the wind in hopes of finding his desired target. "Sister! Please, I need you" he shouted again. Inari rose onto his back legs and peered out across the landscape, searching and sniffing for the familiarity of the white faced Princess of the Doctor.

@[Aviya]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

I wanna be completely weightless
I wanna touch the edge of greatness

'Twas several days after her fight with Torleik that she heard the call of her name on the wind, stirring her into existence. She was patrolling along the outside of the Basin's borders, knowing that closer to her home the Sentinels would protect them well. However, a warrior's work was never accomplished. It tired the female, but she knew she had to be stronger than the others. It was the path of the warrior she chose, then, between her herd and her Plague. Aviya was an assassin, a coiled snake waiting beneath a bush with intent to strike. She was powerful, eager to learn and display her might, and she was cunning. Smart, yearning for knowledge.

Perhaps Aviya would explore more within the ranks of the Basin.

For now, however, she followed the call of her name on the wind. The voice was familiar, the ring of her younger brother, stained in darkness and blood. An amused and intrigued smirk lit her pale face as she trotted through the snow. The terrain was easily maneuverable in the coming spring, heightening itself towards summer. "You called?" The princess called out, her voice smooth on the cold wind, but dark and laced with danger. Her observant, icy eyes falling on her brother's dark form. She was so like her, just an inch taller, and splattered with a murder scene. He was truly a handsome boy, mirroring her beauty, gifted by their exquisite parentage. "It is surprising to see you so far north, Sacre." She mused, turning her shoulder some to walk to his side, half-circling him. One might look down on her and see her mimicry of the mountain cats that prowled around her home, others might see a warrior sizing up her opponent. Neither were wrong, nor were either correct.

Stopping at his flank, just far enough to reach out with her pink-touched muzzle and plant a kiss on him, Aviya turned once more. She squared her shoulders, though the delicate and feminine curvature of her body made her look more like a slithering snake than a hardened statue. She tilted her head some, frosted forelock falling to cover one of her blue eyes, her mother painted in their depths. Did Sacre know of her death? Of her killer? The thoughts danced inside of the dark woman, but instead she asked an entirely different question. "Where is your wombmate?"

[Image: 12gXByu.png]

@[Sacre]

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
we look so alike that it makes me shiver

He watched her come forth, her sleek body swayed with confidence and a kind of power that Sacre did not posses. It forced him to suppress a shiver, she may be his sister, but the boy felt she moved much like a predator that would be wise to avoid. Still, her eyes gleamed the familiar blue that he too shared, a gift from their late mother proving that she had not entirely left this world. Her voice lifted onto the air with the same poise that her entire being carried with great conviction, but the colt found his lips twitching into his usual broad boyish smile in response. It had been a while since he’d laid eyes on a family member, in fact the last time was- The thought of the frozen, lifeless body stuck in his head and the smile vanished, leaving nothing but a grieved face as his head bowed with emotion. Yes, that time. He took a moment to retrieve his thoughts from the pit of sorrow they had fallen down before he raised his head again and a lopsided, half-hearted grin grew on his lips. What had happened to them was surely a sad and sorry tale, but his own blood still breathed before him and for that, the red stained colt was quite grateful.

"I come here from time to time, I like the touch of snow and the memories it brings" he answered honestly, recalling his times wandering the steppe with a fond warmth. He had met Tandavi for the first time up here too and Sikeax, the filly with the uncanny ability to be in the mountains at the same time as himself. It seemed although he had left this wintry land, he did not return with bitterness or regret, just joy and the comfort of an old home. "I miss these mountains, the wild winters and the wilder folk." He laughed, perhaps it wasn’t right of him now, but Sacre still considered the residents of the Basin to be family.

He leaned into her touch and found solitude in their kinship; did she know about their mother? Was he about to break her heart with his words? He swallowed, not knowing if he could be responsible to inflict such pain upon his sister and his hesitation caused him to pause his words long enough for Aviya to fit a question in. Sacre frowned. Was Roux not in the Basin? On instinct, he cast a glance to the arrow in his tail that was tied neatly in with the black hairs and it sat like a pretty piece of jewellery, dormant. It had only ever glowed once and the fact it hadn’t recently took the edge off Sacre’s racing heart, but still, where was he? "I… don’t know. I thought he was with you in the Basin. I have not seen him in a while" he paused, gaze stricken with yet more worry and a flash of forlorn hope "I was going to ask him to come back with me to the Throat." He mentioned it more as if he was simply speaking his thoughts, remembering his twin’s doubts about living in the Basin before, those very words that had spurred Sacre to start his own adventure away from their mountain home.

A long, stressful sigh passed through his lips as he added it onto his list of things to worry about alongside his mother’s death and other, more confusing feelings about love and friendship. Taking a deep breath, the boy made the plunge into the real reason he had sought out the companionship of his eldest sibling "Have you heard about… Mother?" His voice shook.

@[Aviya]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!