the Rift

[OPEN] Heralding the dawn (Joining)

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

With a bold, approving eye set upon the young Dragon as she lifted each of her whopping wings to rest above her spine - there was even a trace of tenderness as he watched her oblige. Still, it had been a terribly long time since the giant had made any true effort to interact with children, and he was a little wary; concerned she might fall beneath his stride or burst into a chaotic song of nonsense. Despite his promise to see her into school and tend to her wellbeing, that stallion was more than prepared to seek the experienced hand of Alija... or that tart Bruce, if his need became dire.

In stark contrast to his expectation, the girl said little. Whether that was because her heart was still tight within the choking grip of fear, or the last of her voice had squeaked out with her tears, he was not sure. Attentively he lowered his decorated skull towards her when she neared; freakishly small in comparison... "Are you ready?" he prompted, keen to at least clear Thistle Meadow by nightfall. "Tell me if you tire, I cannot read minds. My name is Hector..."

Within him grew a very paternal instinct – one which he would have undoubtedly denied if he had noticed.

As the girl slipped along side, he passed a glace through the trees surrounding to be certain that no others lingered. With a measured stride, careful and considerate, Hector began the journey that would see the young Pegasus safely and sensibly into the borders of her home. He checked on her regularly, pausing if she needed, no matter how the time passed; taught her about the God of the Sun, their land’s glorious patron, and without prejudice (because he was no wild fan of their Chancellor), explained the highest of the Dragon’s Throat ranks – so that she would not feel so blind.

Before the diluted light of dawn seeped across the horizon to the east, the soldier spurred his companion on; allowing her to freshen only briefly beforehand by the cool dribble of a creek.

The day of her arrival was blessed by rich sunlight. Not a cloud littered the bright blue heavens, and Hector thought it a fitting welcome. As he strode diligently along the land bridge – taking every precaution to keep her safe along the precarious route – his chin swerved through the air and he prayed. Father of Fire and Light, I bring a new child, a new Dragon to your brood. In every respect he was delighted with the girl he was certain the God of the Sun would be pleased... but he paused midstride and turned abruptly, "Your name... pray, tell me your name." He snorted, bothered that this revelation had not dawned on him sooner.

He loitered long enough to receive her answer, and then continued without delay, all the way to the oasis.

@[Isara] first please, anyone is welcome

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

The way the winged stallion told me to hold my wings was new to me. It felt odd to actually be able to hold my wings in a somewhat comfortable position, but yet it also felt soothing. So soothing that I welcomed it with great pleasure. If my past didn't go the way it had I probably would have jumped up and down and whinnied with glee. But I my past did go the way it had and because of that I was the way I was. Quiet, cautious, reserved, loner, clumsy all of these words could pretty much describe me to a tee.

But maybe one day they wouldn't.

My teal eyes drifted over to the winged one before me and I noted his look of approval and I began to feel something weird inside me. It was something I had never really felt before. Something that flopped and wriggled with warmth in the depths of my belly. It...it was so unusual.

After I reached the chestnut and orange stallion, I realized just how tall he was in comparison to me. He was like a giant and I a dwarf. Surely though, I'd grow taller as I got older. Adults were always bigger weren't they? Ivory ears pricked forward as he spoke after lowering his head to my level. I nodded my head yes as his question and took note of his order to let him know when I grow tired. I also took note of his name as well: Hector. I felt like it was a strong name, which suited him.

With that, we began our journey to this Dragon's Throat as it was so called. As we walked, Hector told me about many things. Some God of the Sun, the ranks that were available in Dragon's Throat, and he even answered some of the many questions I asked. Like when we stopped to rest I would ask what a few things are, though I would limit myself to three questions with each stop so not to annoy my new protector. Once I was lucky enough to ask about a furry animal which he called a rabbit – something he had compared to me to. After the three questions, I would take a short nap if I needed it. I have to admit though, I don't think I had gotten any better rest in my life. Being with Hector just made me feel...safe. It was almost like nothing could go wrong. If the evil equines came to try to take me he would fight them off. I just knew it. Not to mention his sheer size and strength would probably scare them away anyways.

Light began to peek out from behind the divide between land and sky when Hector decided it was time to move on again, though he did let me get a drink at a nearby pool of water. When I went to get the drink though, my eyes caught my reflection and I looked in awe at myself. I never really saw nor paid attention beforehand to what I looked like. So when I saw the splashed white and bay face with my teal eyes and teal markings cascading from my eyes, I couldn't help but become slightly breathless. I turned my body to see my patchy body better. Faint spots covered the bay parts and my bay and white flecked wings seemed so big in comparison to my body. I never really realized just how awkward they looked when compared to my body. I looked nothing like my mother. Sure the light colored mane and tail and the and the patchy body was of her design, but the dark color of my body was off and my eyes and the markings below my eyes were foreign to me. She never really spoke about my father...perhaps these were of his design?

I shook my head of the thoughts that were beginning to form in my mind. There was no need to think of such things or begin to wonder about my genetic father. He was back wherever I came from and there was no way in hell I'd go back there. Not now not ever. So to evade thinking about it even more, I caught up to Hector and followed him again.

All this traveling had helped my coordination somewhat. I was walking slightly faster without any stumbling and I could feel my legs strengthening. Although, my wings were another story. The muscles that were holding them up were screaming for me to put my wings down. Every now and then my wings would fall and droop a little – which felt glorious when they did – but I figured that my muscles were only getting sore because they hadn't really been used...or used correctly for that matter. So once a feather from either wing began to skim across the ground I forced myself to rearrange my wings back to the position that Hector had showed me back where we met. Hopefully with practice and correct use my wings and my muscles would grow strong enough for me to fly one day.

My head and eyes raised to the clear blue sky as we crossed into a new type of terrain. I wondered what it was like to fly about and see the world from up on high, but that question would have to wait. The ground we began to tread upon was dry and yellow in color. When I looked forward I didn't really see much besides more dry yellow ground. Desert...the word rang out in my head as the word and the actual thing clicked in my head. So this was a desert, huh?

Before I knew it, Hector stopped mid-stride and turned around towards me. Was something wrong? Did I do something wrong? Ears swiveled as he spoke catching every word he said. My name? Had I not tell him my name yet? For a second, I racked my brain to try to think of a time that I might have told him my name, but apparently there wasn't.

“Isara,” I muttered out to him in a wavering voice and then spoke again with a little more confidence, “My name is Isara.”

With that, I continued to follow him further into the dry and yellow land until it changed yet again. Only this time the land became green and lush. It was such a stark contrast against the dry and yellow desert. I looked to Hector as we walked into the green land and wondered how much longer it would be until we reached our destination. A hour, a day, mere minutes I had no idea just how close we were to my to be new home...my sanctuary. A faint smile grew upon my lips as I thought about it like that. My sanctuary...a place free of the evil equines and safe for me. I couldn't wait.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 1155
TAGGED;; @[Hector] & anybody else who wants to welcome Isa into the herd xD
OOC;; omfg...much words...-stares at-

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
H
E
R
T
Z
Bolts of excitement raced through my frame as I once again snuck away from my mother and brother, honestly, I wished Aakesh would join me on more adventures, but he seemed quite content spending his time playing around ma. One day I would make it my goal to drag the purple spotted colt away from our resting ma so we can go out and cause trouble together, like partners in crime. But for now I supposed I would have to be content in remaining a solo opperator, covering the lands of the Throat on my own, a little bit at a time because right now I wasn't able to go very far without my stomach trying to tear me apart from the inside out with hunger. Navy stained ears flicked back into the hairs that would one day form a thick mane as dark as the points on my legs, trying to push away the thoughts of hunger so early on my adventure.
It was too soon to be thinking of anything other than the kind of trouble that I could manage to get myself into. Last time was fairly calm, even though it seemed like I was the topic of the adult's arguing, I personally behaved to the best of my abilities. You know, other than the fact that I had ran off and deserted my family for the day. No big deal. Rather I had met the beautiful sky mare, Cirrus and the tall, bossy stallion Bucephalus who held some kind of rank in our herd. At this point in my life, rank meant little to nothing, he was larger than I was so it meant I had to listen to him. Aakesh was older than I, but I was slightly larger so I made sure it was known that I was the one in charge.
A snort blew through my dark stained paper thins as my infantile chest puffed out with pride. I was the larger brother, hopefully it would continue that way as we grew and one day I would become a great warrior in the herd that I imagined I would remain in until I returned to the earth a pile of dust. Childish musings were cut short when the sound of voices, one deep and manly and one more childish wafted across the dunes. Along with their voices came the smell of fresh water and growing grass, a smile pulled at a the right corner of my dark stained kissers as I turned in that direction excited for the water to play in...but more so curious as to who the childish voice belonged too. Grown ups were of little concern to me as a young one meant someone new to play with and eventually boss around.
Unless it was a girl.
Girls were meant for complimenting and winning over with words rather than bossing around.
Baby blues searched the horizon as I crested the dune to the oasis, settling on who I assumed to be the owners of the voices as I couldn't find any others that seemed young enough for such a childish voice. Puffing out my chest slightly I headed in the direction of the massive stallion and the smaller, painted filly with interesting blue markings beneath her eyes. The name of the chestnut was lost on me, his sheer size was something I would have remembered if I had met the beast before, and the filly was something beautiful and different from the others, no way I would have forgotten a face like that already. A smile tugged at both corners of my kissers, offering a rare full smile rather than the smirk that seemed to be constantly on my features, as I drew closer to the couple.
"Good morning!" My childish voice only a few octaves deeper than the filly's breaking into the slight breeze making it's way over the clear waters of the Oasis. "I'm Hertz! Who are you two??" Saphires flicked back and forth between the two for a moment before settling between them, curious as to who would speak up first and if the pretty filly would turn out to be a new playmate in my huge sandbox.

"Speech here."
Tag;; Hector
Words;; 697
Notes;; <3 e.e sorry for the retag, I was copying my code and accidentally hit save instead of cancel.
Image Credit

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

Where flourishing foliage in a copse of tall palms blocked the blistering rays of the sun at last and the glittery ripple of water winked between sparse thicket, Hector stopped to allow his young company a well earned rest. She had surprised him, impressed him, and as apricot-coloured irises were turned down to find her, a smooth smile was licking at the corners of his parched, thin lips.

"Isara," he rumbled deeply - a strange new tenderness had engulfed his mind. It had been years since he had felt any wrench of paternal care, and though it roused an uncomfortable chorus of quakes through his coat, the giant could hardly deny such sentiment. "This is the oasis. Praise the Sun for his generosity. Our herd’s bones would surely be scorched and scattered across the sands if not for Him." Respectfully he turned his face towards the sky (the rippling ribbon-leaves of the emerald canopy above), and gave thanks. She is a strong one...

Paradise around them was quiet, deceptively tranquil given the string of preparations that had stirred even the most decrepit in their numbers out of the woodwork. Small ears roved overhead cautiously, guiding his keen eyes as they both scanned the vicinity for movement. To his surprise (and sudden dismay), only the bright greeting of an infant rose upon the breeze. Swivelling promptly across knees perhaps thicker than the child’s throat, Hector found him approaching and set a narrowing stare upon his ostentatious colouring - Ampere...

Though he had heard rumour of the blue mare’s pregnancy, birth... whatever, the soldier’s interest had been limited mainly in her ability to recover both physically and mentally enough to serve the Throat’s army. A dry smile flickered through his expression. It was devoid of any warmth. "Hector," he answered, tone as ominous as a mid-summer storm. "...and Isara." Stern eyes grazed her pretty face protectively, before finding themselves drawn to a wing on the boy that did not belong. The ranks had whispered of only one son fallen from the revolutionist’s loins.

What was this then?

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

SHADE! My thoughts screamed within my mind as Hector and I reached the veil of protection produced by some giant leaves on some weird looking trees. Though the sun felt nice upon my skin, like the warm feet of little fairies upon my skin, it quickly had changed into burning needles of searing pain. Though it didn't seem to affect Hector near as much as it did I. Or was he just able to hide it easily? Whatever the case may be, I was obviously not entirely used to being out in the light of day yet. So when I caught a glimpse of the water between the thin underbrush, I gratefully took a drink of the cool liquid just barely noticing the smile that Hector looked upon me with.

My ears swiveled at the sound of him saying my name and I turned to give him my full and undivided attention. The oasis. That was what he called this place. This green place surrounded by the desert was called the oasis. He then went on about praising the God of the Sun for generosity and how the herd wouldn't survive without it. Then he lifted his face towards the sky and it seemed like he was looking beyond the leaves of the trees. I looked up with him and within the silence that stood between us I felt like I should do something. But what? After a few seconds of wondering I closed my eyes and brought my head close to my chest and then spoke loud enough just for Hector to hear the words that left my lips, “Thank you Sun.”

Shortly after I spoke, the voice of another broke through the air and reached my ears. I turned to look at the source of the voice and quickly my teal eyes fell upon a colt younger than I. His body was bluish in color and he had some weird markings on his face and neck. But what I really noticed the most about him was his wings. Another one with wings! A soft smile began to glow upon my lips as he introduced himself. Hertz. It was a rather simple sounding name I guess, but it seemed to fit him as well. I looked to Hector briefly before looking back at Hertz. Hector had a smile on his face as he looked at Hertz, but it was different than when he looked at me. This confused me. What was all that different between Hertz and I? Was it perhaps Hertz's mother or father was not on good terms with Hector? Or did he feel somewhat similar as to I did? I mean he saved me, he protected me, he even brought me to his home and was already teaching me things I didn't know. It...it was almost like he was taking up a role that my mother would have filled. Only he wasn't my mother and well...I never met my father. I'd like to think my father was still out there somewhere alive and well, but could never be sure without finding him. And there was no way in hell I was going to go back to where I came from. Nope. Nada. No way José. Even if my father was alive, I would never get the chance to see him and he would never have knowledge of my birth.

Before I knew it Hector was introducing me and his own self. When he ended on my name I felt his eyes look at me and again I felt this feeling that I didn't completely recognize. Maybe one day I would recognize it and have a name for it, but for today its name escaped me. For now, I just took a small step forward towards Hertz and decided to speak up because I couldn't just stand there and be forever silent, “Good morning,” I began a little shyly and then continued on hoping to at least carry some conversation, “You are alone?” I ruminated over the question and concern washed over me as I noticed nobody trailing behind him. No mother, no father, not even a sibling or anyone to keep watch over him. Was this place really that safe?

One of my wings began to drop so I shifted them to keep them folded against my back. Despite now knowing how to hold my wings, they still proved to be a little challenging. Hertz's wings didn't seem to be as big as mine. Why did mine have to be so big? It almost made me feel like I was a freak of nature. Hell I literally lived underground! How does someone who lived underground have such huge ass wings? Really, I love to know. Why was I chosen to be the weirdo and not someone else?

I figuratively shook the thoughts from my mind as I turned my attention back to Hector and Hertz. Maybe one day I'd be more normal like them? Yeah! I had to keep hope of some sort. One day I would be completely normal and not have to worry about anything. That would be the best day of my life right after the day I met and left with Hector of course.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 871
TAGGED;; @[Hector], @[Hertz] & anybody else who wants to welcome Isa into the herd xD
OOC;; dawwww

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
H
E
R
T
Z

I was mildly dissapointed when looks of admiration and awe didn't cross the pretty filly and massive stallion's features as I strutted up to them. Navy rimmed ears flicked ever so slightly to the back as my chest deflated, the looks being switched between the duo I had interrupted nearly caused me to turn and leave. I wasn't needed in this conversation so why would I stick around when there would be more adventures to be had?
Before I had a chance to gather my bearing and make my leave without seeming like a foolish child the tall stallion's gaze was upon me once again a smile as false as some of the stories ma liked to tell plastered across his features that I suppose could be considered handsome. "Hector and Isara." The stallion's eyes looked away from me as he spoke, glancing at the painted mare before turning back to me where his eyes locked in on the wings that sprouted from my shoulder blades, still not quite strong enough to carry my mass through the sky as I so wished to do. My weight shifted uncomfortably under the stallion's gaze, but then the filly spoke up and her gentle, chime-like voice filled the still air around us.
“Good morning, you are alone?” Baby blues pulled away from the chestnut's mass and towards the slight frame of the filly, Isara a pretty name fitting of such a pretty filly. It seemed she had taken a step closer to me and I couldn't help but relax, even if just a little bit now that I wasn't paying attention to the intimidating gaze of Hector. The corner of my navy lips turned up in a smirk as my vocal chords began to shake out my boyish voice. "My mother and brother are off somewhere. Not too far, I went exploring!!" My gaze flicked between the chestnut and the painted filly for a second before my words spilled out once again. "Where is your ma and dad?"
Maybe Hector was Isara's da and that's why he had seemed so cold towards me when before I had spoken the two seemed quite chummy.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Hector]
Words;; 369
Notes;; -__- hector is too smart for his own good. e.e this is so horrible, I'm sorry.
Image Credit