the Rift

ROUND ONE: Rishima v. Kri >> RISHIMA

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
The first round will be between Rishima and Kri. You will be fighting using strictly magic, and your goal is not necessarily to injure your opponent. You will be assessed based on realism of writing and creativity. Make your judge believe in your magic!

There will be Two Rounds plus a Closing defense. Official challenge rules for time limits and word counts apply.

You are fighting in the: Secret Grove among lustful couples and a strong fog.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

The Grove was full of idiots, lustful idiots who pet and smile at each other with faked and forced affection. Either that, or they were so dense that they believed the words falling from their mouths, coating the bodies of others, lavishing them with lies until they too believed in the feeling of love between one who is not kin nor your friend, just a bastard of the two claiming romantic intentions. I wish they would just admit the truth - they wanted nothing more than to purge the flame between their legs, and were shamefully lying to themselves and those around them.

I myself had never been lied to, but my two children born were of either a forced nature or one of necessity, in the case of Onni. Regardless, my beloved daughter was one that I had grown to appreciate more and more over the passing months as her leader. The Tome Guardian had never given me my magic, but he had given me something greater, something I had been missing for years: true family.

Still, you might be wondering why I, Kri, am currently standing in the Secret Grove among a bunch of mindless rabble. I will give you your answer, and it comes down to Rishima. My dark eyes scan the oppressive fog for a vision of her, trying to see through the dull gray hues for her dichotomy of coloring - pearlescent silver and inky black. When I catch sight, I pounce from where I stand, rushing forward with a twirl of my wings to leave intricate patterns forced in the dense air behind me. I stop short, though, for Rishima is not my enemy. This duel is not one for serious injury.

Instead, I swing my head back in an altogether overly dramatic fashion, calling upon the wind caressing the trees above, the only true lover in this god foresaken land, and send it rushing down toward her figure, a wall of fog proceeding the fast gust of wind. It tears through, making a hollow whistling noise, invisible threads of power growing in intensity until suddenly a flicking them off and away like a light switch. Was it impressive, the hurricane force winds made to return back to a light autumn breeze in less than a second? I thought so, but few would understand the erroding power of wind. Had there been loose dust, it could have been like sand paper across her skin. Instead, it would be nothing more than a hair dryer set on cool.

[1/2 - 423 words. ]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Oddly enough, the mist was a mercy. It shielded my intensely not inquisitive eyes from catching sight of more drooling couples than necessary, dulling the stench of sex and the moans of happy lovebirds that drifted through the Grove like so many flamboyant fish. What was I doing here, in the midst of unnecessary procreation and canoodling? I had no desire to bear children; what longing for young ones that may have once stirred within me had been thoroughly muted when I came across poor Elijah's mangled form, and earned Jezirah's hate. They were the closest to foals of my own I had ever had, and look at how well that stint at motherhood panned out.

So why had I come here, to this fog-ridden lover-infested nest of bubbling emotion and giggled secrets, a place you could not catch me within ten miles of on a normal day? The answer stood before me, or rather ran, a flickering blob of darkness approaching quickly through the oppressive fog. Damnit, she saw me first, I curse inwardly in the moment between catching sight of Kri's great chocolate wings curling the misty air and my own hasty retreat, a long sidestep, legs inter crossing and drawing apart as I attempt to move away from whatever assault she might have planned as I wrest my own magic up from what I imagine its resting spot to be, the depths of my chest.

My eyes close, and in the darkness of my mind I can hear the sound of growing wind, the spiraling build of some godforsaken cyclone. I hope it knocks out some of the romantic fools, I think with a slight chuckle, but dare not peel back an inky eyelid. No, I have to focus, to focus on the muddy, glowing form of Kri that my mind provides, the mental image of the mare I barely knew. From the outside I see physical details- the stocky mare, the wiry muscles. There is power there, bunched in every hand of her much shorter body, but I do not dwell on it. This is a battle of minds, not bodies. I need to know her thoughts.

In the instant that her wind buffets me and I pinch my nostrils in displeasure, tall ears splayed back atop my poll in some defense against the uncomfortable breeze; in that instant, I can see her. I am her, every fiber of her body and soul, my own individuality cast away in my assimilation of the mare before me. I barely have the presence of mind to be surprised by the mildness of her assault- because I knew, didn't I? I knew it would be mild, just as I know now that she has no ill will towards me, that she has done an impressive thing with her magic, that her daughter is at the forefront of her mind, that she feels the same disdain for the gathered couples, that she had not wanted family when it came to her, but would not give it up. I know that she holds magic to crush me with air. For ten seconds, I see the world through the eyes of Kri, and it is phenomenal.

It hurts to withdraw. It always does, taking the rush of knowledge into my own brain, the assault of all things Kri trying to establish some relationship with the presence of Rishima, personalities and memories dueling in my mind. It leaves me feeling mildly nauseated, and I stagger slightly, my balance upset by the wind as well as the retreat into myself. Still, what discomfort I feel must be marginal compared to Kri's. To have someone invade your soul, know your secrets and touch your heart... well, I can only say that I am grateful the ability has only been directed by me, not at me.

Through the fog I gaze at Kri, somehow catching her dark blue eyes... thinking, feeling, knowing that if she figures out what I've done, there is no way the little flaxen mare will take kindly to my intrusion.

[ 1/2 - 678 words ]

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I'm going to withdraw, since I do not have the energy to complete this round much less the tournament.

Good luck, Charks!