the Rift

With Feathers On Fire

Risa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Everything around her was black, it was impossible to tell the difference between the dark tree bark and the surrounding area. The trees canopies so thick that what little light the moon gave off did little good. A slight wind rustled the leaves and howled through the branches. The effect was ominous and gave of a sorta cold feeling. The whole scene was chilling and should have sent Risa in the opposite direction.

To her however it was comforting, she fit in so perfectly with the black background. The perfect camouflage for a mare that did not wish to be found. In the blackness it felt safe and the cold that bit at her skin and extra layer of protection. A blanket that protected her from the flames she so feared.

She knew that as long as everything stayed in shadow and heat did not scorch her fur she could be at peace.

And yet even as her surrounding keep her blood from boiling it could do nothing to keep her thoughts at bay. She paws at the ground and snorts as though she can force the thoughts from her head. She shakes her head and snorts again the flames behind her eyes seeming to take over.

She spreads her wings raising up then pressing them down looking as though she was about to take off. She closes her eyes and flaps her wings again letting the wind she created wrap around her pulling at the hairs around her hooves. She raises her head as high as she can and closes her eyes. She inhales deeply then holds her breath as she folds her wings back in. Exhaling before she sinks back on her hunches then lunges forward pressing into a dead run.

Her muscles stretch starting to ache as she pushes faster, surging though the dark forest. Not stopping until she cleared from the trees, the moons light now glinting off her dark feathers and fur. Her breathing was ragged but the fire behind her eyes had faded, and yet it was there waiting for her to let her guard down.

Lisa calls out her desperate voice ringing out, she didn't exactly want to be around others but to go back in the forest she thought had comforted would only bring back the fire. She calls out once more, this time as though her life depended on it the echo sounding sad as it faded away.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

It was a surprisingly cold night for Tallsun, and the mare couldn't help but embrace it. Her feathered limbs carried her thick build forward, a gentle lope that rolled her hips and shoulders with ease. The moon seemed different tonight, never-moving, with the stars shining brighter than usual, as if to make up for the sudden lackluster the sphere gave. December heeded no mind to such things, only embraced the dark cold, letting it penetrate her spine and cause a welcoming shiver to overtake it. Closing steel eyes she took in a fresh breath of air, chest expanding to fill her lungs to the brim, before exhaling softly, lids parting only slightly to look at her surroundings through a droopy gaze.

She hadn't been paying attention to where she had been walking, and her hooves had subconsciously brought her back to here, of all places. The Threshold. She only felt bitterness now towards the shrouded clearing, the memories she made in it often too much to bear. She couldn't hold back now, she had committed, and so with her usual stoic expression she continued forward, grey dipped legs working at a slower, but very certain pace deeper into the woods. She didn't make it very far though, not when the shrill call of someone alerted her. Pricking ivory receptors her massive skull lifted, eyes open and alert to try and pinpoint the source of such panic. She didn't need to think long though, for another call followed the first, much more panicked than before, causing her to shift herself onto her haunches and spin, galloping off in the direction the voice had carried from.

Despite her preferring solitude, not liking anyone to be in her presence, the fact that someone was that scared most likely meant danger, and she wouldn't stand by for that, not even if it met contact with others. Strong muscles rippled through her dappled frame, carrying her with a surprising amount of speed despite her size, and soon up ahead the distant sound of hooves thundering indicated she was closing in on her target. Lifting her ears to try and catch any other sounds she sped up, closing in on what appeared to be a black figure. Wings seemed to adorn the mare's back, laced with ebon and crimson feathers, and she was going with reckless abandon. With a final burst of speed December finally caught up to her, managing to run at her side and look over, to see what exactly had her so spooked.

Nothing was behind them though, nothing in front either. No, it was just them, running like they were about to die in the chilly Tallsun evening as the moon offered a spotlight for their show. Having grown rather tired of this chase, the white mare leaped in an attempt to gain distance over the fellow draft, working herself further enough in front to try and stop her, turning her body to the side and skidding to a halt, prepared for any impact that might come. Her steel eyes focused intently on the woman, looking her over again with that attentive yet emotionless expression, before finally letting words slip from her smoky maw,"There's no need to run. Nothing will hurt you here, except yourself if you keep running with such recklessness."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 550
Tag: Risa Du Coeur
OOC: Welcome to Helovia! Let me know if you have any questions, and let me know if you don't want to be tagged! :)>

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Unregistered

She hadn't expected anyone to answer her calls let alone come, the call had been desperate. But as the fellow mare raced beside her, Risa realized that she WAS desperate, and it surprised her how comforting it was to have another beside her. Perhaps I have been alone for to long, She thinks, maybe thats why the fire won't leave me alone. But even as the thought passes her heart jumps in her chest, Then again maybe not, she thinks remember the pain being around people had brought her before.

Her mind was about to relapse into the past when the sudden movement at her side called her back. She watched with a slow as the mare surged ahead and Risa thought about pushing her self faster, Maybe she wants to race.

But Risa had barely enough time to finish the thought before the mare pulled herself in Risa path and stopped. She squealed then sank to her hunches trying desperately to stop before she ran into the mare. Her hocks scrapping the ground as her front feet struggle to slow down. She was just a few lengths from the mare when she spread her wings flapping them as fast she could hoping if nothing else it would slow her down. She pressed off the ground at the last second tucking her legs up in hopes to not hit them mare with them.

Breathing hard she lowered her self back down on the other side. Looking at the mare for the first time noting that they were complete opposites in color, though their builds were quite similar. Risa turns her head to the side she knew the mare had said something before she cut her off but she couldn't remember what.

"Um, hi," She says then add awkwardly "s... sorry 'bout that."

<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

Perhaps she should have waited until the mare was slightly slower. Their bodies nearly collided when the inky maiden was forced to stop abruptly, but thankfully, she had managed to come to a halt merely inches away from December. Her eyes remained entirely focused on her, checking to see if she had taken any damage at the sudden stop, before flicking her gaze back to meet the stranger's when she finally spoke. She obviously felt awkward about their current predicament. December on the other hand didn't much care. She had achieved her goal, and now she was only silent, letting a few breaths pass between the two in hopes of letting the friesian calm herself before venturing forward again.

A gentle breeze swayed at her grey tipped tresses, cooling her down from the adrenaline that raced through her, and finally she cleared her throat, looking blankly at the mare before once again, speaking in her deep timbre,"I am White December. Are you in need of a place to stay? The Hidden Falls, where I reside, has plenty of room for shelter should you need it." She let the words settle upon them for a moment, before silence overcame them both and she waited, for anything, from this mare. The ivory fem was never one for casual conversation, for making small talk to try and help someone to relax. No, she was to the point, honest and forthcoming in her ways, as anything else seemed to merely be a waste of time. Horses could live their lives longer, doing more important things than just sitting and talking idle chit chat. It was one thing the mare would never understand when it came to the norms of society.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 287
Tag: Risa Du Coeur
OOC: >

image credits

Unregistered

Risa cocks her head to the side looking at the mare, White December she called her self. This mare confused Risa her way of blunt conversation, she was not sure how to take it, let alone how to respond. "I am Risa Du Coeur," She says then adds "But everyone just calls me Risa. It's, um, nice to meet you Miss White December." She says bowing her head a little feeling even more awkward now.

What an idiot Risa, She thought, since when are you so formal, why don't you just bow and call her lady.

"And thank you for your offer, but I do not know if I should accept, I am sure it is a lovely place, but I do not even know where I am. I just started running and ended up here. Perhaps you could help me." She looks around shivering at the alone feeling that seemed to take over her body just then.

"Then I might just take you up on that offer," she added suddenly desperate not to be alone.

White December

Clearly, the mare didn't take too well to her blunt offer either. No one did in all honesty, but December was not the type to change for others. Her name flitted in the air around her, and the snowy woman tucked it away neatly into her memory cache for later purposes. Risa, is what she preferred to be called. Upon the bow and the formal words, only a brow is raised from her, and she looked down at her stance with silence. Seeing that she most likely felt awkward, the woman snorted once again, tossing her large head and letting her voice fill the silence,"December is fine. Miss is something you should never use with an equal." She meant those words when she said them. She had never bothered with formalities, with soothing someone's ego simply because it was the "polite" thing to do. She treated them how she felt they deserved to be treated, though for the most part, she was civil to all. Moving forward from that point, she shifted slightly to get more comfortable, seeing that this mare wasn't going anywhere with her until she got some answers.

"This place is Helovia," she stated matter of factly, looking around the dark trees for a moment, eyes stopping every so often on certain spots, before finally landing back on Risa," There are four lands here, each run by two rulers, and every member plays a part. At least, that is how it works in the Falls. " She paused briefly, letting her eyes momentarily glaze over in thought, before looking up into the deep night with that same intense gaze. Soon she was looking back to her opposite, waiting for any response from her, any sign that she had come to a decison over time. December didn't have much to say either about this land, for she was still rather new, but she was going to help, in whatever way she could she supposed.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 326
Tag: @[Risa Du Coeur]
OOC: Sorry, accidentally tagged on the wrong account, sorry for double tag!>

image credits

Unregistered

Helovia, December had called the place, Risa thought the name was rather particular but of course many names were. Looking around again she decided that it didn't look much different then any other place she had been. And there was a magical feel about it, like the Gods were ever so present here. Or maybe the feeling was just the part of Risa that wanted to find a place to stay and friends to be with.

Risa snorted and shook her head talking in the snowy mare again. She had said that everyone had a place here, and she liked the thought of it. She had had that in her last herd her and the two other mares each had something to do. Risa had been the protecter when her stallion was not around. It had been a job she loved and had been good at. But it was not like she ever really fought, she had been the only winged creature in her lands and even a flash of the feathery giants and other horses backed down. Not that she tired to use her wings but when she got worked up they seemed to have a mind of their own.

She again shook her head bringing her self back the the present, and regarded the white mare again. She had called her her equal and even just the words touched Risa's heart even if they might not be true. The stranger was very kind and Risa found herself taking a liking to the mare even if she confused her a little.

Would it really be that bad to go with the mare? Risa asked herself now looking beyond the mare back the way she had came. It was true she had found some peace in that thick forest alone but the fire in her mind had been lurking in the background. And this place, Hidden Falls, sounded beautiful, she assumed the place was covered in water and what better to chase away fire than water.

Risa nodded looking at the mare before her with excited eyes. She rose her head high her wings coming away from her body a little. "I think I should like to see this Hidden Falls," she replies her wings flexing slightly in their half open state.

OOC:How do you tag? And would you like me to start taking you?