the Rift

[OPEN] Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

With a bellyful of Mum's milk and Tempe at my side, I bounded across the grassy plain, laughing as the tall grass tickled my belly. Da had just left after spending the night with us and telling us such wonderful stories of his home and singing to us. It made me wanna know what 'sand' felt like, and heat and sun and oasis.

"When do you think Da will take us to his home? To tha' durgin thrat?" He did say durgin thrat, right? I knew if I was wrong Sis would correct me, she was the smarter one. I press my shoulder to hers, draping my long neck across her shoulders. For a moment I stood there...but it wasn't only for comfort. Playfully I nipped towards her feathers, then took off, tail high in the air and a whinny in my throat.

Like the wind I ran, my long legs somehow curling and uncurling without tangling up in themselves, propelling me across the field, my hooves tearing up grass. Sis may be smarter, but I was stronger! Which kinda made us a good pair.

But I wasn't concerned with that right then. Quick as a whip I turned and planted my feet, then reared up and pawed the air, grinning at her to come play. "C'mon Sis! Bet'cha can't beat me!" I drop back down to all fours and shake my growing antlers at her, before bouncing in place, and then taking off once more, this time at Sis.

With my best war-bellow I charged, but as I seem to be wont to do... I tripped. And ate dirt. It tasted nasty.

Laying on the ground all sprawled out, I wasn't quite sure what had happened. One moment I was running, the next BOOM dirt up my nose. Sheepishly I grin up at Tempe, embarrassment flooding me. Well at least only Sis saw me. "Uh, hi."

@[Tempe] @[Aeolus]

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Once again leaving the confines of his home where mother and them stayed the oddly brindled colt galloped towards one of his favourite places eager to get some flying practice in before the day was done. Someday he would be able to soar high over everyone like the birds but until then he would be damned if he missed a day of practice. Mother tried her best to help and encourage him but without wings herself there was only limited that she could do. So far he had not been able to work up the courage to ask anyone else to help him out but eventually he would have to concede if he ever wanted to get his hooves off the ground.

Ducking under the trees as her went along he could finally see the large open fields just up ahead calling to him. Kicking his heels up joyfully he tried to keep his spirits up despite having to do this all by himself. If only his brother was still here... sighing softly he let his mind wander back to the last memories he had of Levex. They had been taken on a journey into the desert by their daddy, well he might be their daddy. It had been fun while it lasted but as normal things were too good to be true. Mother would have been so happy to see him again but before he knew it Levex had disappeared without a trace once more. Sometimes he wondered if it had all just been a dream and he had imagined the whole thing but something just didn't fit into the puzzle. He had had many dreams before but none like this one, it was all too vivid and bright within his mind.

Shaking his head with doubt he rounded a bend only to find himself having to slam on the brakes to avoid colliding with the crazy colt who was laying in the middle of the pathway. What gives man! Sliding into the dirt he found himself sitting on his buttocks staring at the strange looking colt with mixed expressions. First off who sat in the middle of a well travelled path? Second were those antlers growing on his head? Well the world was a strange place after all but antlers on a horse? That was just weird but kinda cool in the same sense. "Hi....Uhhh.. Do you always lay in the dirt like this and who are you talking to? " He commented a little confused as so far he could see no one else nearby. Did this kid see imaginary things as well? Maybe the antlers were the cause! He should really look into removing them before them make him go crazy.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @[Breccan] @[Tempe] •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

I tag along with my brother, prancing along with him. We stop for a moment, and he starts talking about wanting to go to Papa's home. I am curious about it as well, though I am eager to explore 'all' the lands, not just his home. Though, the stories are quite enjoyable, and I hope that he never ceases to tell them to us each and every night before we lie down for sleep. Breccan stands next to me, his neck crossed over mine. Durgin thrat? Oh goodness gracious. "No, Dragon's Throat!" I giggle but roll my eyes as well. I have a feeling I may be correcting that one for awhile. He nips at my feathers and leaps away.

I giggle, giving chase as he dashes off. He is bigger, stronger than I. But I can run fast too! This young we are both built fairly evenly, evenly matched. Running as fast as I am, I have to slam on the breaks, digging my sharp hooves into the turf to avoid his sudden stop and spin. His hooves flying in the air could knock me out, with my skull so small as it is. He bellows at me and charges, trying to engage me in a childhood spar. But before he can reach me, he eats the dirt hard. I bite back a laugh, not wanting to hurt his feelings. But the giggle comes out anyway, because I can't help but laugh at something so funny.

Something comes bounding around the corner and I stop laughing abruptly, momentarily startled. I do a little rear on my own, flapping my wings for balance. It's a foal, I see, and he nearly runs into Breccan as I had just moments before. His focus is completely on Breccan, and he appears to not even notice my existence as he asks who Breccan is talking to. I huff and let out an irritated snort. I'm sorry, do I not MATTER?! My normally subdued diva rises within and I let out a squeal. "Excuse me! He's talking to ME. Am I not GOOD ENOUGH for you to notice?" I stomp my front hooves back into the ground and narrow my golden eyes at the pegasus colt. How could he not notice me standing just a few yards away? I normally would say I have an even temper but this! How incredibly rude.

""

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.