the Rift

what we've got is gold

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota & Ktulu
The Poisoner & The Constrictor

Lakota's laughter was odd clasped inside fanged teeth, but Ktulu's grumble was as amusing as she'd anticipated. "You know I prefer your tallness, anyways," she purred, and tried not to freak out about the fact that it was a very literal thing. Sensing Ktulu's discomfort with the body she'd been placed it, Lakota snuffled comfortingly. "It does not make you any less in my eyes. If you can see me swimming in my own filth, I can see you frail." Concise, succinct, it was the hard truth but delivered on a gently tongue.

The reaction to the names however, did cause a bout of laughter from the tigress. "They are names from my old language, I won't be offended if you don't like them," she easily clarified. Ktulu suggested her own name for their child, and Lakota's eyes softened beneath the weight of her love for the soul at her side. Her heart felt fit to burst, as if it could not possibly contain the magnitude of love she felt. It would be a pleasant death, she decided. "It's beautiful," she agreed easily, voice soft and emotive, revealing every depth and level to the love that pressed against the seams of her skin.

Ah, so Lakota had been right about forgetting to inform Ktulu about her differing languages. Her question was rather easily ameliorated, however. "Il mio bambino. My baby. And you are il mio tesoro, il mio amato, il mio compagno, il mio tutto," she whispered softly. Love gleamed in her eyes as she translated. "My treasure, my beloved, my partner, my everything." Lakota had always been the one more comfortable with expressing her emotion, her love, despite her disconnect with her feelings. Still, she'd never doubted the intensity of Ktulu's feelings in response to her own.

The bravery it must have taken for Ktulu to touch her nose to Lakota's cheek was not lost on the Poisoner, who let out a shaky breath and closed her eyes. "I love you too," she murmured. For it was all that needed to be said.

Again, the pain came, sharp and disorienting. Lakota clamped her jaws around a scream and tried to relax her body, accept the transformation. After three of them, this being her fourth, she was very slowly growing used to it. Though she doubted it was good, as even Ktulu could not transform that often in such a short span. Swaying on blackened hooves she opened her eyes and blinked firmly, trying to stabilize herself. Shaking, she moved towards her mate, tired and limbs sore. Still, she pressed herself inexorably to Ktulu's side. "This is getting...very hard on me," she panted softly. Her body was not at all used to transforming, and her knees were suspiciously shaky. "When we get home, I demand we sleep for the next three days," she laughed tiredly, leaning her face into Ktulu's neck and breathing in her scent. At least it was almost over.

@[Ktulu]

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Ktulu was tired and annoyed and just ready for their tasks to be over so she could give Lakota the family that she wanted so badly. The only thing standing in their way was the Earth God in his silly little tasks. She wondered what he would have them do next because he'd already made them trade places as predator and prey. She was drawn out of her musing by Lakota's voice, explaining to her what everything she'd said meant. The Constrictor was continuously baffled by just how easily Lakota was able to express herself and her emotions in words. It made her happy, though, and it reaffirmed her desire to prove to the Earth God that they were worthy enough to have a family.

Her body began to shift once more and she groaned in discomfort and exhaustion. "Just one more task." she reminded herself. "One more." Ktulu turned her head to look at Lakota. "Are you okay?" She reached out to touch her muzzle to Lakota's shoulder before rising to stand. Ktulu snorted and shook out her mane before refocusing on Lakota once more. "One more task." She said, allowing a small smile to curve the corners of her mouth upward, but that smile faded when Lakota spoke up about how tired she was. "I am, too." Ktulu admitted. "But we're almost done. We can finish this now." If Lakota objected, however, and demanded a rest before they continued on with their quest Ktulu would not object. Lakota well-being was far more important than any task the Earth God could give them.

"."

ooc://
@[Lakota] @[Random Event]

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
From Lakota's back wings suddenly grow. They are a pale blue, like the hair from which they sprout, but are speckled with patches of darker blue and even black in places to mirror the Poisoner's odd painting.

On her brow comes a horn, seemingly composed of onyx.

However the Constrictor remains unchanged.

Lakota & Ktulu

Ktulu's shock was always endearing, one of the reasons the Poisoner continued on in her quest to be more open, more loving. It had not been an easy path for the sapphire maiden to take, it was still very difficult for her at times to speak and love freely, but Ktulu's flustered state was always worth it. Lakota knew with a quiet, unfailing certainty that Ktulu loved her. She simply knew it, just as she knew all the other immovable facts in her life. It simply was. Just as the seasons changed every year, never failing, so Ktulu's love for her weathered on. And so Lakota's love for Ktulu sang in response to that timeless melody. One that millions upon billions of others had sung through their hearts and tongues and mouths before Lakota and Ktulu had even been imagined particles in the grand scheme of the universe. Love was eternal.

Lakota turned her head to meet Ktulu's in a soft touch, reassuring. "I'm fine. I just don't have as much experience in this as you," she laughed softly, recalling Ktulu's adventures as a rather magnificent grizzly. Though her mate didn't often call upon that particular magic, it was still a tally mark under a box that held none for Lakota. It seemed they were both worn out, both tired, but Lakota wasn't going to falter and fail. Especially if it meant the God of the Earth had something to hold against her in her trials. She was so close she could taste it, and what a sweet taste it was.

"Yes. This ends today. He won't keep me down," she joked, reaching to butt her nose playfully against Ktulu's neck. It seemed that was a challenge, however, for seconds later Lakota's spine was burning and a headache bloomed across her forehead. She gave a plaintive sound of pain, staggering back away from Ktulu, not sure what they were being changed into this time. Lakota wouldn't put her mate in danger a second time by her hand.

The burn faded, and she blinked hazy eyes around to try and figure out what had happened. Ktulu was first on her list of importance, and Lakota moved to tilt her head in profound confusion to see the Constrictor unchanged. Except, as she tried to, there was a new, unfamiliar weight on her head. "What?" she gasped, and instinctively her new wings moved with her. She yelped, trying to dance away from them, but they were irrevocably attached to her. "What the hell!" she cried, eyes big and shocked. Her wings fluttered alongside her emotions, uncontrollable with her inexperience. They danced and flashed their sensitive undersides, vulnerable, a silent sign to draw Ktulu closer for her subconscious deigned the Constrictor to be a safe figure that wanted her near.

"This is...why?" She choked out a laugh, settling slowly. "What purpose does this serve?" Why hadn't Ktulu been changed? What was going on? But still, Lakota could not give up the opportunity this provided. She grinned and danced closer to Ktulu, reaching her tiara to try and gently brush their horns together. Her wings rustled and expanded with delight. "Well this is fun," she laughed. "Weird, but fun."

Plot with me here!

Ktulu</style>
</style>

Ktulu offered a faint smile as Lakota spoke of her experience with shape-shifting. It was true that the Constrictor could change into a bear, but the discomfort and pain that often accompanied the change did not lessen or dull. Everything as as sharp and focused as it had been the first time she changed. She could still hear the ancient bear's heart beating along with her own as she changed. That was the only comfort that came along with it. A quiet laugh passed her lips at Lakota's declaration that the Earth God wouldn't keep her down. "Good." She murmured. That was definitely the attitude that they both needed to keep if they were going to prevail.

The dark mare reached to touch her nose to Lakota's cheek, but as she did she could see the changes taking place. Ktulu watched in fascination as wings sprouted from the poisoner's shoulders and a horn began to protrude from her forehead. If Lakota was turning into a hybrid then what was she turning in to? Ktulu looked down at her white stockinged legs then craned her neck to look at her bare shoulders. "What?" What was the point? She didn't understand what the Earth God was doing and was, once more, suspecting him of toying with them.

"I don't know." Ktulu answered Lakota's questions. "But I wish I knew." The only way they would know for sure, though, was when they finally stood face to face with the Earth God once more. It wasn't until she felt Lakota brush their horns together that Ktulu knew her horn hadn't been taken away from her. "I'm unchanged, then?" She asked, frowning. Lakota laughed and Ktulu sighed, relieved that at the very least Lakota wasn't upset. "So what do we do now? What do we have left to prove? If he thinks that making you look the way you do will change how I feel he's wrong."

"."

@[Lakota]

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota & Ktulu

Ktulu's soft rumbled word was distorted by the ringing in the Poisoner's ears, sharp and profound, splitting her head apart in tandem with her sudden migraine. Groaning softly as it faded, for if anything the Earth God did not believe this to be a torturous experience, Lakota blinked away the dizziness dominating her vision to try and return Ktulu's form to some semblance of normality. Even as she recovered from her shock, she could tell that Ktulu was still tense, expecting her own transformation any moment. Despite the both of them waiting, it seemed determined not to come, and Lakota was left the only one with new appendages.

Ktulu's words were grounding, familiar, and Lakota sighed as she sank into the familiar tenor of her mate's vocals. It was comforting, though this particular transformation was far less damaging to her mentality. She was grudgingly thankful for that fact. "I swear he's doing it just to mess with us," she snorted softly, her views on gods in general not always a very favorable thing. But she had to force some sort of appreciation, or she'd likely be turned away even after all her efforts. Barren, wishing for the one thing she could never had.

No. As much as Lakota despised it, she would play nice, if only for that reason.

"It seems so," she agreed, trotting a quick circle around her beloved before grinning, lascivious. "Though I do like what I see," she teased, because Ktulu's natural self would always be what she loved. Lakota loved her regardless of how she looked, what form she took, but familiarity had never bred contempt within the Poisoner. In fact, it was quite the opposite with her.

"I don't know," the sapphire maiden confessed. "Maybe he's seeing if our love would waver, should or forms change." It was just a theory of course, but if it helped Ktulu settle her mind Lakota would theorize her way through all of the Gods and their actions. "In that case, he's severely lacking in material against us. I'd love you scaled, feathered, winged, or wooly." Her wings moved without her consent, appealing to her emotions, primaries curling with happiness and love. Sensitive undersides flashed courtingly, as if Lakota needed to woo her mate any more than she apparently already had in order to actually establish their relationship.

Plot with me here!

Ktulu</style>
</style>

"I swear he's just doing it to mess with us."

Ktulu could not deny that she felt the same way that Lakota did. The longer their quest went on and the more things they were changed into the more she was convinced that the Earth God was having a good laugh at their expense. As much as she wanted to kick and shout her frustration about the whole situation she knew it would be counterproductive and she didn't want to throw away Lakota's dream of being a mother. It was just another thing that she would have to suck up and deal with. Maybe one day the two of them would look back and have a good laugh about when Lakota was a fish and she was a fawn. Maybe. Probably not. Ktulu would probably be just as annoyed then thinking about it as she was currently.

The good thing about Lakota's most recent transformation was that she seemed pleased with it and that helped to put Ktulu at ease. If her mate was happy then she was happy and vice versa. Her head turned and she watched the newly winged mate as she trotted in circles and she flicked her tail at Lakota's face when the mare said that she liked what she saw. "I try to keep myself in shape." Ktulu replied, finally allowing herself to slip into the banter. "I must look good for my darling, mustn't I?" She was convinced, however, that Lakota would feel the same even if she were little more than skin and bones or nearly bald.

"Maybe he's seeing if our love would waver, should our forms change. In that case, he's severely lacking in material against us. I'd love you scaled, feathered, winged, or wooly."

"Maybe." Ktulu answered, her voice sobering. "I am not so shallow." She knew that she did not have the best track record with love but could she really be the only one to blame for her and Midas' failed relationship? "Love goes far beyond physical appearances." She turned to settle her gaze on Lakota. "I do not love you because of the way that you look. I love you because I know your mind and your heart and you know mine."

"."

@[Lakota]

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota & Ktulu

If they were aware of what the future would hold, perhaps their feelings towards the Earth God would have been more intense, more profound. Instead they wallowed, waded through their frustrations. Lakota did not know the gods as well as Ktulu did, her gods lay in Neuge, Adair, Torfa, Cionaodh, Shpresa, Golvar, Eydis and Laima. Though she had despised nearly everything about her homeland, those had been the ones that ruled over her, and though her relationship with Laima was particularly strained, she still held a deep connection to them that the gods of Helovia could never really take away or encroach upon. So she held her judgments perhaps a bit easier than Ktulu, assuming the God was wiser than her (a likely, fitting assumption) and they simply could not comprehend what he was looking for in their responses to the quest.

It comforted her, what little tension remained in her easy countenance.

A snort escaped her paper thins as locks stung playfully at her snout, and she arched her neck high as if in dominance. It did little considering her stature remained pitifully unchanged, Ktulu still tall above her, but it was all for the purpose of play regardless. A happy huff of laughter escaped the confines of the little blue's ribcage, eyes alight with violet fire that could easily shift from endearing to downright dangerous. Luckily Ktulu was fated to never be on that particular end of her temper, she was one of the few (and romantically, one of the two) loved ones in Lakota's life who had been handed a key to her withered heart. She would always be safe, loved, with the Poisoner by her side.

"Of course!" she agreed vehemently, her falsity obvious but her acting on par. The only betrayal of her fun was the glitter of her eyes and the grin that played on her lips like ebony violin strings. "You can be my trophy mate," she huffed out, puffing her chest forth and prancing, wings flirting at her sides unconsciously. Lakota was mildly horrified by that, but she supposed natural pegasi could control them. Still, such an obvious display of her emotions was a little terrifying for her, and she couldn't wait for the transformation to take place again, if only to spare her the sensation.

It seemed their banter could never live long, and Lakota despaired the cruel world that they seemed incapable of escaping, the way it kept them from simply enjoying the world around them. Lakota's heart skipped a beat at Ktulu's words, her prancing murdered on the spot as she turned and reached her muzzle towards Ktulu's. Ktulu wasn't much for confessionals (though to be fair Lakota thought she wasn't either, given her attitude and general hatred of everything and everyone), so hearing it was like a revelation. A rare, priceless gift that Lakota treasured above all else. "I love you so much it hurts," she said softly, but with as firm an undertone as she could manage with her embarrassingly shaky voice. "Stop it," she teased helplessly, laughing through her suddenly tight throat.

@[Random Event] && @[Ktulu]

Plot with me here!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
A warm laugh is heard. Lakota's wings crumble from her body, leaving only a pile of feathers on the ground.