the Rift

[PRIVATE] So We Meet Again

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Returning to the ocean had been something that she had been wanting to do for awhile now but with all the responsibilities being thrown at her lately she had little time to indulge herself. Somethings she had done to herself while other things had been totally unexpected but with it all piling up she was starting to feel overwhelmed. Her first and foremost job would always be as a mother since this was something that technically she had allowed to happen in the first place. Everything that spiraled afterwards was just her bad luck catching up on her for the five thousandth time. If their father had decided to stick around rather than taking off like a coward things might be a little easier but she had to make the most of what life threw at her. Her worries would always be there alongside it all but she was starting to realize that she enjoyed being a mother despite the horrible aches and pains that went along with the territory. Now that her remaining son was growing up she was at a loss of what to do with herself so she would not struggle with the scary fact that she might one day have to say goodbye.

Slipping away from the herd had been relatively easy but she still resented doing it with just being proclaimed Glazier. It had been a cause of much of the tension lately for she could not figure out what she was supposed to do for the job. Creating things had never been one of her strong suits but she at least had to try to do as she was asked. Deep down she couldn't shake the self doubt that she would never amount to anything leaving her confidence in tattered ruins. It wasn't a matter of if she would fail or not it was just a matter of when she would mess everything up like she always did. Cantering down the cliffside she tried to forget her failures and get herself back to feeling like herself again. The salty ocean breeze playfully tossed her long locks about until the rocks slowed her pace. Stopping for a minute to gaze down from her high vantage point into the deep blue water she took a couple deep calming breaths to clear her head before continuing down the rocky ledge.

Being a creature of habit the descent never went smoothly as her hooves slid awkwardly on the rocks surface. Stumbling multiple times she finally made it down to the sandy shoreline with only three or four varying sized cuts on her delicate legs which was better than her usual tally. Not caring about the painful sting her open wounds would cause as they hit the salt water she waded into the water ignoring the burning in her legs as her blood mixed with the water to wash it away without a trace.

@[Bucephalus]

Image Credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
The Morningstar

It had been nearly a whole season since I'd last flown over the misty sea to the west. Nearly a season since I lept into the ocean after a mare who seemed to wish herself dead, only for that to not be true. And yet, as I flew over the sea, lo and behold what should I see but the same pale mare, Brisa, and yet again she was in the water.

But this time I did not plunge in after her, no, the water wasn't frigid death this late in Birdsong, and she was not out far, merely a legs-length into the surf. I circled above, actually worried about dropping down to meet her. It had been pretty much a season since we last met, would she recall who I was, or would this be one of those awkward situations where I would have to re-introduce myself?

Forget it, I felt like a creeper just flying up here.

So I tucked wing and dove down, deciding to have a bit of fun. I could feel my body building up speed, building momentum and wings letting out their tell-tale piercing whistle as they cut through the air. At the last second, before I could hit the waves, my wings flared out and I went shooting before Brisa, flashing her a white grin as I passed, water flashing up in my wake from the hooves that dipped in the surf.

Speed...ah, nothing better in this world than flight. Without it I would be nothing.

My wings pumped the air, pulling me away from the water before I dipped my right wing, curling around in a lazy circle towards the beach and landing a little bit away from the pale beauty. I walk towards her, grinning wide. "Ho! Hello again Brisa, and once more I find you by the water. In better shape this time, I hope?" My head tilts to the side slightly, gaze flickering over her curiously.

"talk talk talk"

@[Brisa]

The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man.
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Pixel by Aud

Enjoying the coolness of the water against her skin it was fairly easy to push most things out of her mind. Dipping her head towards the water's glistening surface she watched as a couple silver fish came swimming up to her. Whether it was the allure of the strange object in their ocean or something else entirely she nosed the water's surface to see if she could entice them upwards. They were curious creatures full of mystery but none had ever ventured close enough for her to get a good look at them. For a moment they hesitated but began to slowly inch up towards her. Half holding her breath in anticipation she tried to remain as still as possible so not to scare them off. Fixated upon her new aquatic friends the rest of the world could have been on fire and she would not have noticed until something caused the fish to suddenly dart away into the ocean's depth. Huffing softly in disappointment she lifted her muzzle from the water only to hear some strange whistle around her.

Cocking her ears she lifted her eyes only to see a dark shape plunge down before her and send water spraying upwards at her. Startled her instinctive reaction was to try and leap backwards out of the way of whatever it was but when you were belly deep in water this didn't exactly go as planned. As her hooves sunk into the wet sand of the ocean floor they stuck fast leaving her flailing to regain her balance. By this point in time she had literally soaked herself from head to hoof where as if she had stayed still little would be changed other than the water that was sprayed up at her. Half laughing at her slight overreaction she turned to gaze upon the troublemaker that had started this.

"You like to make dramatic entrances don't you." She commented lightly trying at some sort of humor. Her blue eyes scanned over the black and gold pegasus who she couldn't help but remember as the one stud she didn't roast. "You seem better than the last time we met."

Shaking her head playfully she pulled her feet from where the sand had lodged them to wade slowly into shallower water choosing to not answer the last part of his question. Her life was always in chaos one way or another so in reality it couldn't be all that much better. Well it was good to know that he had survived their last encounter for the last memory she had was him walking off into the night still practically frozen. Her attempts to track him down had failed with her own body starting to suucumb to the cold forcing her to return to her tiny sheltered spot to await the morning light. At least she had not frozen to death that night out here all alone. Her fire could only help her for so long before it took too much of her strength away. She had awoken to a crab sitting staring at her as apparently her little alcove was also his home or shelter or something. Thankfully he had waited until she had woken up to chase her away for if he hadn't that pinch would have been a horrible wake up call.

@[Bucephalus]
Brisa Speaks

Image Credits
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
The Morningstar

I cannot help but grin when I see her rather soaked appearance; it is the grin of a boy that might have gotten in trouble that was worth it, sheepish and fighting laughter. "Why not? I'd say a dramatic entrance is far better than a dull one." Her words send me back to the last time I stood upon this beach.

The cold had been horrible, numbing and freezing, it felt like my entire body was slowly becoming ice. I had to run, get my blood pumping, in order to keep warm, and did not stop until my lungs were raw and I was doing more of a shambling stumble than actually running. Yet it had been enough to stave off the worst of the cold, and quickly taking shelter had secured my safety, and come morning I was thawed enough to lope the rest of the way home, for my wings were still too numb to really work properly.

"I vote we both," I look at her pointedly, "avoid the sea in winter. One of the worst nights of my life for sure." My face scrunches up slightly in recollection, before I tilt my head, left hind foot cocked, relaxed.

"So, what are you doing here today? Honestly was surprised to see you, the beach was deserted until now." Not that I had been looking for her... I was enjoying the thermals that ruled the air over the ocean, coasting on the wind with minimal effort on my part. It was by sheer luck that I looked down to see Brisa, I could have very well passed over her without ever knowing she was even there.

"talk talk talk"
@[Brisa]

The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man.
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Pixel by Aud

What was it with men and their drama? Whoever developed the word drama queen had clearly mistaken whatever for a woman when it was indeed someone of the male species. Walking up onto dry land she chose a spot as close to Bucephalus as she could before shaking the water from her coat. Smirking childishly at her actions she settled down to let the suns rays dry the moisture from her hide. "One of your worst nights eh?" She challenged the playful glint never leaving her eye. "It could have been much worse for example you could have been stuck with me all night."

Chuckling at her sarcasm she couldn't help but wonder if being stuck with her for an entire night would really be torture. For one she was boring, too cautious and at times reckless if her emotions got the best of her so it wouldn't be hard to imagine others loathing the thought. The last night she had spent with a stallion had been a disaster and look how that one ended up..pregnant, alone and feeling betrayed. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to discover why she had such a distrust in stallions. She had managed to push herself past the loathing stage now so she could at least be social but it would take a lot to earn her trust to go beyond that point. Well as long as mother nature wasn't screwing around with all the pheromones and hormones that is. In a way it was like slitting ones vein and throwing them into a pool of sharks, it was only a matter of time until something was just not alright.

" I just needed to get away for awhile and clear my head. The ocean helps me to think. What brought you back here?" One would think if they had a horrible experience they would be less than likely to return to the same place.

@[Bucephalus]

Brisa Speaks

Image Credits