the Rift

[OPEN] Rome

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

I have two eager travellers it seemed and my venture into courteous territory had yet to reveal what it had left me with. Perhaps a little show of goodwill wasn’t all that bad, it led them down the path to believe I was something I wasn’t, which was quite fine in my honest opinion. The less they know of me the less they can do to me later, though why I continue this charade I do not know, its not like I’m still out in the wild with my sorry excuse of a mother. In then end, maybe there was some truth in old habits die hard. Though I am quite interested to know why the stallion is so eager to follow me back, was he harbouring ill will to my kin or was he simply craving home comforts? Considering he was a party of one and not really carrying a distinct scent, I trusted he was the latter of my thoughts for now though I didn’t rest his case entirely. Full trust came with time and this one had some work to do before I could walk comfortably beside him. I offer a lopsided smile to the fiery filly that belonged to the orange land of the Wild Fire before I began to shift my cloven feet.

The road is a little longer on foot than by wing and I find myself wishing the brute had a pair of feathered appendages just so she didn’t have to walk the whole way back. Yet, I stifle the sigh that bubbled behind my lips and began to walk northerly in hopes the other two would follow. My lips remained sealed for a time before a question rose to them and I looked back to the spiky haired fellow "do you really come from nowhere?" I ask in amusement, knowing that he must come from somewhere, no one apart from the Gods just began to ‘exist’, surely. I left the question there and awaited his answer as I continued onwards, the trees slowly becoming thinner until they had almost gone and the rolling green opened up to them. By the time I arrived home dawn was almost upon us.

I search for the entrance where the rocky paths lead down into the veiled herd land and, upon spotting them; I motioned to my party to follow me down the well-worn road. My feet navigate the road well enough, I’ve walked down here enough to know how not to fall, but to my travellers they may find the uneven entrance a little harder to travel upon. I say nothing in my wickedness and leave them to find their own way down the path, doing was learning was it not? By the time I reached the bottom and walked out onto a clear bit of vibrant grass as the water crashed over rocks in the distance, I turned to my company and motioned to the vast expanse before them. "Welcome to the Hidden Falls" I had to project my voice a little louder than usual to be heard over the violent falling water.

With a short sigh I pause before going on, considering my next words with care and this time I directly address the young filly, Spice. "You may stay a day young one, after that you must leave or to remain any longer you will have to join my ranks." Indeed, my accommodating attitude was short and had limits, but it was the best I could manage. Any longer and there must be something in it for me.

I turn to Talion lastly and considered him a moment "I offer the same to you. Should you wish to remain this herd has many ranks within it, if you have a talent to pursue or an interest. Everyone here has a job and we all work in our own unique ways to care for our family."

@[Talion] & @[Spice]

We're volcanoes in the night
We're rolling like meteorites
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I have been watching her, this ghost of the hidden falls. Both names are aptly given considering how hard a time I've had at tracking her. I had thought I'd hurried that day in the welcoming forest, but even so she had slipped away from me, as though vanished, her invitation a puff of smoke that dispersed into nothing. Since then I've been intrigued, obsessed even, at finding her. That task wasn't so arduous given some time and wings, but learning anything substantial about the mare was another thing entirely. Perhaps I was rusty at my talents, an inclination I had never chosen butt rather fell into under the careful watch of a dragon - not that I remembered any of this, but it was there all the same. It was probably better assumed however, that she was just that good.

A branch swayed underneath my lightweight body as I landed in a flutter of darkness. Beady eyes blinked back ink as I sat, drawn into a raven by magic and will. I watched her again this day, the last day. For all my misguided and mysterious ways I was not without purpose. Though stalking hardly became me, it was a means to an end, an end which I had decidedly made today.

All in all it was a choice being made, though isn't everything in life? I decided that I could indeed live here, as she had suggested a season ago.

The branch swayed as I left it, wet wings whipping the wind, small body spiraling down towards the czarina. I settle on her rump, if she didn't shy, head tilting back and forth in bird like fashion, but at such close proximity surely she would see there was more to this raven than feathers and hunger. I left stains where I went, and wherever I settled I gradually leaked. Still, from afar, it was hard to pick me out from a crowd. I appreciated that privacy.

Another stroke of my wings and a twist of my abilities and I was flesh, bone, hair, INK. At her side the haunted boy she crossed in the snow now stood, my eyes glittering with mischief. I bobbed my head in silent greeting, the only kind I knew, and settled in comfortably, a hip cocked to the side in announcement as such. The other horses were of little consequence, though I shot them a glance all the same.

She invited me, so here I was. Home.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Talion Posts: 12
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16,3 :: 4 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Unknown :: Wolverine :: None Tailormade
Do you really come from nowhere? The question stroke at my wavering attention like a shotgun in the dark, eyes glazed with a thousand miles regaining cognizance as I habitually rotated them towards the breach of silence. If I really came from nowhere? Blank blinks met her question as strands of thought raced through my mind, none assembled enough to get a hold on. “Nowhere -“ I nodded, more to myself than as a gesture towards her “- and everywhere. One place inspires no more affiliation than the next.” Home had forever been a foreign term to me, like sobriety to an alcoholic, and as the sights of day became familiar to one’s eyes it had always been time to move on. Perhaps that was why, as the night whose pitchy mantle veiled Lorieen, I felt more at home, more at ease than anywhere else. All looks the same in the dark.

Luxuriant grassland hills had seemingly fared well through Birdsong, a welcoming sight for starved eyes, though the unwavering resolve of the Czarina kept me to longing glances as the swaying green mocked my stomach whose growls had grown more exigent by the mile. As we ambled up and down the rolling hills I tried picking the ones tall enough for me not to lean or slow down, but it proved as futile as a blonde in a spelling bee. By the time rocky paths disturbed the serene plains I nearly found myself thankful for the diminishing temptations. A well-worn path trailed through the myriad of stones, dawn creeping over the hills like it was crawling out of the grave. Like the gentleman I was I had let Ghost walk first down the treacherous path, following her trail as fast as my unaccustomed hooves could find grip.

At first the roar of water had been nothing more than a buzzing, a low background noise not deserving much attention. However, after a meter, tens and then hundreds, the waterfall became a source of sempiternal distraction, a destructive force leaving little room for much else. "I offer the same to you.” Her voice pierced the absoluteness of the thunderous cascades “Should you wish to remain this herd has many ranks within it, if you have a talent to pursue or an interest. Everyone here has a job and we all work in our own unique ways to care for our family." Family? Well, I didn't know about that, but I was sure I could be of some service, if only for the time being. “What did you have in mind?” As the words leave me a swart crow ascends, fluttering its wings to reveal a black stallion which put me in a state of internal gaping. This place is not sane, coco I tell you. This surely couldn't be healthy.
Word count: 469 || @[Ghost] || OOC: I'm sorry it took so long! Busybusybusy.

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
@[Ghost], @[Talion] Anyone else..?
And to all those who did not get when I wrote of the part where her mother taught her not to be annoying or disturbing, I was talking about how in the past her mother taught her those things. To be quiet and polite when others where talking and wait for your chance to speak. But she'd gotten tongue-tied when she had reached the Falls, it was overwhelming her.

And, there was Ink too. ;)

She is fond of this traveling thing. It suited her ever-so-blossoming soul. She wanted to run and jump and fly with freedom. But then again, she did have duties to attend to back at the perfect land of the Throat. She didn't have any problems what-so-ever with doing them, as long as she could feel as though she had a home there. That was all she required.

Although, she had gotten so much more than what she bargained for. A home, was the first thing on her list when she left her mother. Then stability and then friends. She had all those things and more and she couldn't be more happy about where she had landed.

Not forgetting where she came from and what she learned there, she was respectful to the two's chat. Quiet and un-disturbing, her mother taught her how not to be annoying or distracting around people who seem sensitive to that kind of thing. (My Mother said that was everyone by the way!) She'd found it easier than normal to be quiet and contained, but kind of impossible at the same time. She wanted to share her ideas on the conversation, get it flowing into what she thought a conversation was.

But, that was just not meant to be as she watched them. She knew she should not intervene, and she didn't.

When they'ed found a path of trouble, the mare in the lead, Ghost, was her name, seemed so accustomed to the way she should move her hooves, it seemed they where programmed in such a way suiting the ground in some other form of connection. She knew this place.
Must be that they where getting closer. The rush of a waterfall had been roaring in her ears for sometime now.
A mere background noise, set in the backdrop of a new play called: Let's Finally talk to Spice now!

She nodded kindly, softly, understanding, not to be of any trouble. She wondered if that was enough, or if the mare was even watching her. She didn't want to be such a burden now that they would have to speak too much to her. It was like she had adapted over the period of walking to this place. She wanted to stay quiet now. She didn't want to draw too much attention to herself in this new atmosphere. It didn't seem like something she would want to do in a place that was not her home. In her home, the girl believed she could do what she liked if it got along with the rules.

Most of it did. All of it, probably.

She bowed her head, though a dark movement from the corner of her eye caught her attention. It was a crow. He seemed to be dripping in a kind of tar. Oily, perhaps? But as it shifted forms, Spice couldn't help but let out a small gasp. Her maw slightly agape, she stared at the midnight boy in awe and confusion...and fear.

What kind of animal could ever be able to do that, and why would it be living here? WHY DID HE LOOK SO MUCH LIKE A HORSE? Tons more thoughts splashed through her mind as she stared at the midnight-hued creature. It flashed a look to her, and Talion as well. She swallowed nothing, her eyes locked on it. Her first words came out crooked, like they had gotten bent up in her mind as she tried to spit them out.

"Who ar-re y-you?"

Spice
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

"I’m sorry the world has offered you so little, but I hope my home gives you somewhere" I offered Talion in response to his answer. It was a sad thing to not belong, I knew that well enough and now I was, well, content to live by the crashing water and the rolling green. The other, the girl, was quiet and said little. Our journey was simple enough from there and lead all the way to the veiled land.

As my voice trailed off there was a new weight atop my rump, not heavy as such, but enough that it dragged my head to turn in sudden surprise. It was a dark raven that sat so naturally there, as if it was meant to be and I battle the need to try flick it off. It was only a bird after all, but my attention was enraptured as to why it had chosen to sit on me of all horses on this earth, surely there were better and more stable looking branches. That was when I noticed the slickness and the shine, a wet kind of pool forming below it and my eyes narrow in faint recognition. Where had I seen this substance before? Why wasn’t it alarming me? I try thinking back through memory, leafing through conversations until one strikes me as familiar and I look at this bird with a new kind of surprise. "Wait, you? No-" I doubt myself for a moment, my thoughts jumbling over one another and I wonder if perhaps I have gone mad. Delirious!

It moves and contorts, causing my feet to stumble backwards slightly as I frown at the strange dark concoction in front of me. Finally it settles on a form, a well-known form and I snort in disbelief. "It is you!" I exclaim, more as a conformation for myself than anything else as a feeling of relief floods through my body, I haven’t yet caught the family delirium. My expression was one that was half intrigued and half confused as to why this inky horse was here in front of me. Did he not go home with the spotted Pegasus, Rei? They seemed like a match made in heaven that even left my own indifferent self rather uncomfortable.

In a rush, I try settle my thoughts and turn away from Ink for a moment to regard the other two. Perhaps returning to the business I was conducting would help my current scatter brained state. "You tell me. Warrior? Spy? Medic? What are you good at apart from looking pretty?" I enquire, looking him up and down with consideration whilst I waited. I felt like I was running a boot camp session and these poor saps were my newest recruits.

Spice seemed to have noticed Ink and I watch the pair with interest, hearing the girl’s faltering words as my gaze flicks between her and his mischievous smile. I grimace, looking pointedly at the pool of black mess I hoped would disappear and then back to Ink with a firm, unfaltering stare "a nuisance". Still, I couldn’t keep my curiosity at bay, how did he know where to find me? Had he been following me all this "Does this mean you accept my offer?" I ask with unsure reservation. After all, their last meeting had been an odd one.

We're volcanoes in the night
We're rolling like meteorites
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I'm normally not one for such a showy entrance. Attention usually made me uncomfortable, especially from strangers, but sometimes you had to thrust yourself, how ever inglorious it was, into the things you feared most. I had done my fair share of skulking in the shadows, and though the limelight didn't call me, I wanted to experience it for at least a while, if only to remind me why I preferred to stay out of it. My intentions were not based on drawing their focus to me as much as it was to draw her's specifically, as she had done to me.

The little filly momentarily distracts me though, her question so good I can't help but turn towards her. I have to admit I'm impressed she didn't ask my name, which was everyone's favorite inquiry. Instead she asked about me, the entirety of me, and that was something worth responding to. Ghost answers before I manage to, a frail smile flickering to my lips as I toss her a sidelong glance and a flicked ear. I snorted faintly, dismissive, humorous.

Meanwhile my tail had begun to move around my feet, its bristles like a brush laid down upon the canvas of the world. Expertly the dark water flowed from its tips, seeping out for a moment before finding the direction it needed to become something extraordinary. That was the beauty of art, you took nothing, and you made it into something.
I drew a bird for her, its dark wings lifting it up to soar above her head, a trail of feathers falling from it, shifting into leaves that grew into trees where they landed on the ground. The bird was gone, and instead a horse now moved through the monochromatic, miniature forest. His tail trailed behind him, sweeping up the trees into a black wave that crashed and churned into an ocean that spilled darkness at their feet.

There was no purpose to this particular tale, just a show of his talents, which he finished with bringing his tail back to his side, the artwork wiped out into a dark smudge on the dirt. There, he turned his nose back to Ghost, reaching it out towards her, but stopping short to instead nod slowly, deliberately.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.