Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

"Ktulu. No death can undo what happened. Let her go."

"No..." Ktulu whispered. How could she just let her go? How when she had abused her power and murdered just because she could? How could the other gods just let her walk away to her sanctuary in the Edge? How? "She murded my son." Ktulu stared at the ground before her, vision blurred and watery. "She used us. Played with us. Pretended she was concerned and she was behind everything. And they do nothing." How many dark times had she been behind? The wraiths? The eclipse? What would stop her from doing any of it again? Who would stop her if her own brothers wouldn't?

Was it so wrong to want revenge? Justice? Wouldn't Ophelia want it if it had been her child slaughtered mercilessly? "Why him?" She asked, hoping that Ophelia could give her an answer that made sense. "Why not me?" Parents were supposed to protect their children at all costs and she tried and she failed. She hadn't been close enough to throw herself in front of him and save him as she should have. His father had been closer, though, but he'd done nothing. She perceived it as heartless, careless, loveless and it was something that she would never forgive him for.

He let Hototo die.

Never before had Ktulu felt so utterly defeated. So lost. So broken. Her head dropped and she pressed her cheek against Ophelia's shoulder. The constant contact would keep her from completely shattering, from chasing after the Moon Goddess, and ultimately running headlong into her own death. But what would it matter now if she died? She didn't care anymore. The Gods had used her, taken from her, and she was tired of them. How many others were feeling the same way she was? How long would they continue to worship them and how long would those same gods fail to protect them? What sort of balance did they have when they didn't know what the other was doing? How powerful and divine could they be when they were so blind to the fact that one of their own was murdering in cold blood?

"I can't stay here." The longer she stood in the meadow the more she felt herself coming apart. Her self control was slipping and there was the very real possibility that she would lose complete control of herself and act on the anger and hurt that was ripping her apart.

But... maybe if she attacked them they would put an end to her misery.

"."

@[Ophelia]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia had no words. Loss after loss had taken their toll on her heart. Now, all she felt was numbness creeping throughout her soul, protecting her from another shattering death of one she loved. Ailith. Phaedra. Soleil. Circe. Psyche... The death of her mother had been enough to cripple her for a quite some time, but the books continued to close, final pages read in a story that was not intended to end in the middle of their plot. A frigid blast of air hissed through the frozen palace of her heart, barely moving a single memory or fiber perched precariously in the wasteland.

She stared out at the gathered group, and they began to blur, her vision shifting back into her mind instead of out in the group. Mauja's words made sense, but she could say nothing, voice strangled in her throat as she held her sister tightly, knowing that a single word or an ill-placed touch could crack the surface of her broken world. Instead, she glanced at the gods and then tuned them all out again, focusing on her twin, her rock and her support who now needed her again.

How long had they walked, shoulder to shoulder, as they fled the shades? How their bones ached from use. Collapsing on the threshold of Helovia, just children, starving and nothing but a will to survive pushing them onward. Ophelia shook her head, brows furrowed over her strange, dual colored eyes. They flickered with a hint of emotion, but she felt dead inside, empty. The cup of herself had been poured out and now was being hit from the bottom for any last morsel. She inhaled shakily.

"What can they do?" she asked quietly, frowning. "We need the night. We need the moon. We need darkness. They are... they have bound themselves foolishly," she murmured, wondering what it would take to break the cycle among them. Could they kill the moon goddess? Would another rise in her stead or would the world as they know it die? There were too many questions, too much she didn't know. Ophelia took a deep breath and buried her face in her sister's pale mane, holding her close.

"It was his time," she whispered. It was the only answer. "He... he has to be in a better place - away from the misery we all share. Hototo was the best of us, Ktulu - too loving and innocent for this world," she murmured. "I have to believe that this was meant to happen - that he was meant to serve and be rewarded with an afterlife." Ophelia was not so philosophical, rarely pondering on what came after her inevitable demise, but the Earth God seemed convinced that Hototo was safe.

Ophelia nodded. "Come home with me," she murmured softly.

@[Ktulu]

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

"What can they do?"

What could they do? What could they do? They could give her a more punishment more fitting of her crimes than simple banishment. She was still alive, still breathing, still playing games, while those that she murdered slowly faded into nothingness and the families that she took them from grieved. There was no justice and there would be no justice so long as the gods were involved in anything. They were above punishment, above justice. Their balance was nothing more than a joke as were their claimed values and beliefs.

"They are nothing without us." Ktulu answered as her sister spoke of their need for darkness. "Without our worship where would they be? Without the tasks that we do for them where would they be? Without us how would they have children? They would have no purpose without us. They would be completely useless, totally worthless. Pointless. They need us just like we need them, but they refuse to see it! We don't fit in their balance." The gods of Helovia were not the only gods on Loorien. Isilme had its own gods and because of that alone Ktulu was certain that other lands held their own gods. The world would not cease in its spinning if Helovia's gods ceased to exist much like the mortals they toyed with at their convenience.

"It was his time."

"No." The dark mare hissed vehemently. "She decided it was his time to go! Since when is she the God of Life and Death? She is supposed to make the moon rise and fall, she lords over dark magic and wind magic, she does not decide who lives and who dies. She interfered with lives that she had no business interfering with!" And she didn't care. She had no remorse for anything she did and it made Ktulu hate her with every fiber of her being.

There was a small part of her that wanted to believe that there was an afterlife and that Hototo was rewarded with one, but she no longer had any faith in the gods and believed none of what they said. "They used my son and threw him away when he was of no more use. That's all he was put here to do, be a puppet and do what the Earth God told him to do. Roskuld is the same, so is Mesec, and the Sun child." The last thing Ktulu wanted to do was hurt her sister's feelings, but she spoke what she felt was the truth. The gods only procreated because they had to. For their so-called balance.

Ktulu's anger gave way as another wave of sadness crashed through her fractured heart and made her body tremble. "My son." She whispered as tears fell from her eyes. It had hurt when she'd found her mother dead, but it did not compare to the pure, unadulterated agony that shook her upon losing her child. Her ears tilted at her sister's request that she go home with her. For a moment Ktulu remained silent before finally nodding. "The Edge will probably have a meeting soon about ... this ... her. I need to be seen there."

"."

@[Ophelia]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia both agreed and disagreed, but her thoughts on the matter were unnecessary at this point in time. Ktulu needed her time to grieve and to blame. She deserved her chance to hate, fume and spit all of the negativity from her soul, and most of all, she deserved vengeance. While this was not her battle to wage, and while she thought that Hototo had made his own decisions, Ophelia would stand by her sister. The pale princess let out a cleansing breath, trying to put the darkness aside and focus on what was important. She stayed close, her heart aching and then she stiffened at the mention of Roskuld.

"I've... experienced that before," she replied. I told her that she could be her own individual and live her own live, but she hates me, Ktulu. I failed her in some way that I don't understand and the guilt is crushing." She truly didn't understand how she had failed, but she had. Was it disappearing for that time? Was it something she said? Something she didn't?

She quickly dried one of Ktulu's tears with a soft brush of her muzzle, rooting around in her head for any other stressors. Long ago, Ktulu had granted open access permission to her mind, and she looked around, getting angry at the fact that she had seen Midas and he had summarily dismissed her from his presence. Ophelia wanted to growl, but she held her tongue. When had he started to speak like that? What other presence was there in the Falls? And why did he nearly dismiss Ktulu's earnest honesty?

The pale princess scowled, hiding the expression in her sister's neck. "I'll wait for you here, then." And she would. She was not going to interrupt a herd meeting with her presence.

@[Ktulu]

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!