the Rift

Truth or Dare?

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
Artorius
candles dripping on your body baby, this ain't truth or dare

So this was what had kept my mother from me for years. This wall of green that had sprung up, blocking the mysterious world from the rest of us until we finally decided to brave the unknown and break through the vines and branches that clouded the vision between the thick trees. Eyes as green as the needles of the ever-greens that sprung up around me flicked left, right, then left again as my slender, athletic frame swayed between the trunks my large glossy wings tucked in close to my equally as glossy sides so they wouldn't get insnared in the vines that hung heavy and thick.
The birds that had been singing songs of joy and happiness for the arrival of Spring, suddenly stopped upon my arrival. As if I were the barer of some kind of bad news, it was highly possible that my arrival in these mysterious lands would cause all kinds of havoc in whatever perfect life my mother was leading here. Maybe she had a family all of her own that was was happy with. Even though I missed her dearly and wanted an explanation as to why I wasn't good enough to take with her, I wasn't here to ruin her life she had here.
A sigh tore it's way through my lungs, out through slightly parted kissers while long, solid black limbs pulled beneath me in a squared out pose that would cause any halter horse to die of envy. Glossy, blue black harks flicked back and forth on my finely sculpted skull as emeralds moved from one tree trunk to another, it seemed as if each one was a different path that could be taken. The only question was, which one lead to the beautiful, painted mare that I had been searching for?
Moments passed, each second drifting away as I remained planted in the one location staring between a few different trunks, trying to decide which path I would take. Also slightly curious if I was the only creature in this neck of the woods, the silence was almost unnerving, as if the gods knew what my reason for being here was. Would my mother want me this time? Or would she be around for a little while and then leave as she had done about a year and a half ago? Maybe I would have been better off finding Remus and Romulus, starting a band with them until I found a place that I could settle down and start my own family.
A family in which one important member doesn't leave another one.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Abba] & Anyone from the Edge :3
Words;; 429
Notes;;

Credits: Image by fidber @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Purpose. She wanted to serve a purpose. So she trudged forward, back out into the Threshold to try and gather a few others to come and join the family. The family that she thought was falling apart, being thrown to the side, and desperately trying to gather all of the pieces again. She wasn't the only broken one anymore. Everyone else was beginning to shatter, to cry, and fall apart as they fought to get through their day.

Alas, she managed to stumble across another pegasus not too long after stepping into the forest. Standing there, squared off and seeming to peer off in different directions. A few moments in the shadows, gathering herself and hearing the words Kaj had originally told her (that there were not weapons in the wings), before she pulled herself forward and carefully cleared her throat in warning. Nostrils flared uncertainly as her feathered dragon came down from the skies and landed upon her back. His long tail lashing across her spine in support but no longer showing his normal display of dominance. He had calmed down, for the most part, since that spar. It had taken horrible scenes that she hadn't wanted to see flashed across her skull from Kaj's words to have Valiance realize just how badly it could turn, how badly it could hurt Resplendence in the process. So, for no, he sat upon her back and waited. "Can I… be of any assistance, sire?" she inquired, head tilting to the side ever so slightly as she looked over the black stag, so similar in build to Alysanne.

Today… well it would be interesting.

short post short, it'll get longer I promise XD
Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Artorius

The moments ticked by, slowly, oh so slowly it seemed as I stood there trying to figure out where this hunting trip for my mother would lead me. But in reality it didn't take too long at all for the approach of another being to reach my forward pricked ears, finally my attention could be pulled away by the maze of similar trunks that were beginning to give me a headache of massive proportions. A gentle smile spread across my features, my kind nature one of the few traits I had gained in my short time with my mother, as the pale rosy colored mare strode from the treeline with a strange feathered dragon nestled upon her back. I had seen dragons in my day, they were nothing to cause a big fuss over, but the feathers coming off of this beautiful specimen was something that I wasn't very familiar with.
Emeralds settled on the dragon's lithe frame until words fell, shakily from the small, one eared mare's dark pink velvets. "Can I… be of any assistance, sire?" Her words quickly drew my attention away from her bonded, wanting to be as polite as possible considering this pretty, shy mare could possibly be my ticket to finding my mother. A gentle smile stretched my sporty features as my skull dipped ever so slightly in a greeting to my welcoming committee of one. "Is this land Helovia?" I questioned, praying desperately to whatever gods looked over this land that I was in the right place and not another year's travels away from my destination. My skull tilted slightly to the right as glossy feathers ruffled against each other and my side before my midnight stained kissers parted once more. "My apologizes, I am Artorius, formerly of Nocturne. Feel free to call me any shortened version of that if it suits you. Who might you be?" Words spilled forward smooth as honey as they settled into the light breeze that somehow had found it's way around the trunks of the forest that had welcomed me into whatever land it was I had found myself in.
My mind wandered again to my painted mother, wondering how this experience had been for her, if this was truly the lands called Helovia. Was the choice easier for her than it had been for me? Had she found the lands in good health, or had the storm robbed her of the spark of life? Leaving her to hang on by a thin thread before someone had came along to steal her away, a child and a family left in her wake. One day it would be a question I asked her, I would tell her of the one eared pink mare and her feathered lizard and the decision I could see planned out ahead of me. But first I was curious as to why she had never came back to steal me away to these beautiful lands, why she hadn't came back to take me home with her and raise me as a mother should. It was nice to think that I had turned out fairly decent even without her guiding me along the way, but only time would tell, at three years old I still had plenty of growing to do.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Abba]
Words;; 546
Notes;; Woo! A little bit better!!

Resplendence

Her eyes shift as he first concentrates upon Valiance, who (given the attention) puffs up in an attempt to show his display of dominance and to show off his feathery ways. After all, Valiance did tend to be a little vain (even if he wouldn't admit it). But, as she speaks, the stag returns his attention to her effeminate body and allows a gentle smile to cross his face. Good, he was welcoming. Far better than she could have hoped for in these parts. Everything was a game, a trick of words and a shift of body in order to get others to come. And still, they didn't always come… sometimes they just attacked because that was all that they really wanted.

He dips his skull for a moment before asking if this was Helovia. Her eyes light up just a little, glad that someone else recognized the lands and that she might not have to fully explain it all. Gently, she nodded her cranium as he tilted his head to the right and began to offer his apologies. "Artorius. It's a pleasure to meet you. This is Helovia, the claiming grounds specifically since everyone has to enter through this forest. I am Resplendence, and this dragon is Valiance," she explained, shifting just enough for Valiance to puff up again in his normal dance. Then, once he had his turn to show off she allowed one last phrase to be sung from her lips, gentle and calm as was most of those who resided inside the Edge's borders. "I currently reside in the World's Edge," a simple explanation, but one that opened the door for further explanation should it be needed.

She did not pry, she simply assumed that if he knew of Helovia that he also had some purpose for coming here. If he wanted help with it then perhaps she would be able to assist, but she would not force herself upon him and throw help around where it was not wanted.

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Artorius

A chuckle, that about a year ago would have still carried a childish tone to it, slipped from deep within my chest spilled out into the clearing I had managed to find myself in as the feathered lizard puffed out his chest like a stallion trying to gain the attention of a mare in heat. Not that I had much authority in that subject, my time would come, but I had seen plenty of fools trying to win over the mares before. It was strange to think that one day I would be puffing out my chest and ruffling my feathers in hopes of gaining the opposite sex's favor for well, sex. But I didn't allow my attention to linger long on the feathered beast who's dance ended sooner than I had expected, just around the same time that it's bonded spoke up.
The smile that passed over my features in habit seemed to calm the wary mare's nerves a tad. Her expression lightening up a little as I smiled and offered a short bow in greeting before allowing my own sprawl of words to interrupt the silence, as the birds still had not restarted their wonderful tunes. Had I been anywhere else this thought may have disturbed me, but maybe they were scoping out the fresh meat just as the pink mare before me was. "Artorius. It's a pleasure to meet you. This is Helovia, the claiming grounds specifically since everyone has to enter through this forest. I am Resplendence, and this dragon is Valiance." As she spoke her body shifted just enough that the dragon, Valiance, would be visible for an encore, but I didn't focus as much on him this time. I had succeeded.
I was in Helovia, the land that my own mother had left me for. The ghost of a smile crept across my features this time, it seemed to be a proper gesture to the events occurring in the reality around me as well. For surely only the heartless would remain stony faced as a dragon did a dance for them. "The name suits you Lady Resplendence, and you as well Sir Valiance." As I spoke my attention turned to each one in turn before emeralds focused once more on the molten, metallic eyes of the mare as her words filled the silence once again. "I currently reside in the World's Edge."
Glossy ears flicked forward as my eardrums reached forwards to grasp onto whatever information about these lands the small mare might have to offer about these mysterious lands. World's Edge didn't quite ring any bells as of yet, but then again I didn't remember much of anything my mother would have said about Helovia. I only knew the name of it because I was informed of where she had decided to remain, and the directions here were gifts of knowledge from those I had passed on my travels. Otherwise I probably would still be wandering around the lands of Nocturne. Emeralds lit up ever so slightly with curiosity as I focused back on reality once more, hoping that my questions wouldn't chase off the mare who was so welcoming to the stranger. "World's Edge, it sounds beautiful. If I'm not too much of a bother, would you mind telling me more about it? Is it truly the end of the world?" If the name proved to be reality, wouldn't that be an exciting story for grandchildren, to tell them of the time you spent living on the edge of the world.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Abba]
Words;; 588
Notes;;

Resplendence

There is this sense of victory that carries a top his wings as she speaks, as if he were glad that he had actually stumbled into Helovia. He smiles once more and then responded saying that the names suited both of them. Her gentle smile stay curled upon her face, and though she didn't quite believe him in the aspect that her name fit her she would not fight it. And, I mean, Valiance is just glad that he got called sir and that someone actually had some damn respect for women around here. For once the men didn't just strut in and look scary (and need to be knocked down a peg, because that's what most of them were now-a-days, a peg too high).

She explained that she resided in the World's Edge and he seemed to rack his brain (though Res was all too prepared to have to explain the world to the newcomers that she found). There was a gentle laugh, though, as he asked for more information about the World's Edge. Wondering if it was actually where the world ended. "The world doesn't so much…. End as there is large cliff to one side with no accessible path down to the water below. The land is a temperate forest, woodlands for the most part, that is shrouded in a delicate mist. We have Kaj and Kahlua as the leaders, a Moon Doctor named Alysanne," a gentle pause as Valiance hissed, "You be there too." before she continued her speech, "A couple who are gifted in the art of crafting, Archibald is our Captain, and a few spies." A pause, eyes flickering around as she took in the forest around her - always uneasy in these open areas. "But, our herd does not aim for war. We want to be a neutral grounds where all can come to be safe."

With that she stops talking to allow it to all settle in, for she does understand that it can be quite overwhelming at first.

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Artorius

The dragon seems quite pleased at being called a sir while the mare comes of as a bit more uneasy at the thought of her name suiting her, but the look of unease didn't last long enough for a question to fall from my vocal chords. Just as quickly as it appeared it disappeared, telling me it wouldn't have been my place to question my welcoming committee so early in our meeting.
A soft snort blew through darkly stained paper thins while my frame relaxed, the majority of my weight shifting back to the rear as I waited for the story of the edge of the world. "The world doesn't so much…. End as there is large cliff to one side with no accessible path down to the water below. The land is a temperate forest, woodlands for the most part, that is shrouded in a delicate mist. We have Kaj and Kahlua as the leaders, a Moon Doctor named Alysanne, a couple who are gifted in the art of crafting, Archibald is our Captain, and a few spies." Disappointment fluttered through my frame momentarily as I realized the stories of living on the edge of the world were no longer possible, however the lands sounded quite beautiful and living that close to the ocean would be interesting come dawn and dusk when the sun rose and fell each day. But the disappointment didn't linger long at all as a name that caused my glossy ears to slam forward and my frame to straighten up was uttered. Alysanne. It was my mother's name, surely it would just be coincidental that this Moon Doctor Resplendence spoke of would be my mother.
But what if it was her?
The mare's last sentence was lost to me forever as my mind whirled wildly with the few memories I had of the black and white mare who had brought me into this world. Dark lids fluttered shut over bright emeralds momentarily before I brought myself back to the reality where I was entertaining company. How rude I must seem to be so absent minded in the midst of a conversation...blinking, my silky tail smacked against my hips before my vocal chords kicked in to form words once more. "Excuse my prying, but is this Alysanne you speak of a paint of black and white? With bright green eyes?" Hope plucked at my heartstrings, my journey could be over here. I could have found my mother, a new home, and a fresh start all in the same day.
It was almost overwhelming.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Abba]
Words;; 424
Notes;;

Resplendence

The stag before her relaxed, younger - almost appearing to be around the age of Nayati even though Res hadn't quite noticed it until now. And, as she explained the Edge she caught the gentle flutter of disappointment that shuddered across his frame. It was weak, but it was there, and she really only recognized it because disappointment had been her life for so long.

Then, at the sound of Alysanne's name he seemed to shift, straightening his frame and lifting up his ears - suddenly attentive to the situation at hand before almost fading into what she could only assume was his own thoughts. His eyes flickering shut for a few moments before snapping back to reality and shifting his tail. Res waited though, head tilted to the side as if to inquire what was causing him to fade out so quickly. But he speaks, asking about Alysanne and giving her colour and eyes. Hesitantly, she bobbed her head yes. "Yes… And she's a pegasus as well…" a pause as her thoughts twirled around, "Almost… perfectly similar in build to you, now that I look at it," her voice faded to a whisper, eyes widening a little bit before she lets out a small snort and forces herself to focus on the situation at hand (instead of the million possibilities that were swirling through her skull). "May I ask how you know her?"

And what you're doing here, if you want to harm her, or any of the multiple other things that were racing through her skull. "Young. Innocent." Valiance muttered through the bond, not at all believing that this stag could have come to hurt someone. Still, he lay upon her back. Tail lashing back and forth in a calming rhythm as Res waited on some kind of response.

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Artorius

I seemed to have made the golden eyed mare uncomfortable once again with my questioning about the mare named Alysanne that I so dearly hoped was my mother. An apologetic smile crept across my dark features as I hoped that she wouldn't dismiss me entirely over my nearly stalker-esque questions, I hadn't thought about how strange my description of the mare who had brought me into the world could come across. It seemed I had drawn a lucky hand today as the pink's skull bobs ever so slightly in an affirmative motion, settling in my mind that the Moon Doctor she spoke of had to be the reason I was in Helovia. "Yes… And she's a pegasus as well…Almost… perfectly similar in build to you, now that I look at it," a wildly large smile smacked across my face as the mare spoke on the other similarities that this mare and myself had.
Whatever gods looked over this land called Helovia were smiling down upon my solid frame as I spoke to Resplendence and her bonded. They had sent her to greet me for a reason, and I was slowly beginning to figure it out. "May I ask how you know her?" Suddenly my skull lowered and a flush of embarrassment colored my already midnight stained cheekbones, "Surely you must think me of some kind of crazed killer or something along those lines. I mean her no harm, she is my mother." It felt so strange to have those words roll out of my mouth, the word mother had been used so often in my mind that hearing it in my voice was odd and unnatural. But it was true, the Moon Doctor had a son that I was sure she didn't speak about very often. She had her own life here, and I was merely a tie back to the lands of Nocturne, a place she had left for the mystery of Helovia.
Thoughts spun around in my cranium as I wondered if this land would capture me in it's spell as it had my mother. Would I remain here until my coat was no longer glossy and pure black? Until the muscle that rippled healthily beneath the flesh had begun to sink and the bones were more prominent? Or would I lose interest quickly after discovering my mother was here? My saliva grew thick, causing my tongue to nearly stick to the roof of my mouth as I tried to form my next question for the quiet mare who stood before me. "I...Is she well?" Those three simple words were loaded with so many more questions then I would ever be able to voice, but for now all I wanted to know was if she was still okay, clearly she was doing alright in this herd considering she was a doctor and someone a recruiter mentioned to new comers. But, was she happy? Did she have friends? Or was she lonely and unhappy just following the routine of the day?
An urge to stop all conversation and just have the mare and her bonded bring me to her washed through my sporty frame, but I held it back. The time would come, I wasn't sure if I was ready to leap in head first and see the mare who had left me for whatever was here. For now, I would get what information I could from this kind mare and wait for her invitation home.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Abba]
Words;; 585
Notes;;

Resplendence

It started out as an apologetic smile, and then it tuned even wider as she confirmed who Alysanne was to Artorius. But, when she asked how he knew of her he instantly lowered his cranium and spluttered an answer. An answer she hadn't quite expected. Though, upon closer inspection of the stag before her she could easily see the similarities. Some of their movements were the same, some of their mannerisms were the same. Even… even the way they tended to speak was the same.

She didn't say anything else, though, until he asked if she was okay. There was a quiet nod as Valiance took to the skies again, preparing to head back toward the Edge. "She's fine. In good spirits and thriving," she explained before pausing, taking in a breath and turned to look back toward the Edge. "Perhaps you would like to see her for yourself?" she inquired, before letting out a gentle snort and offering a tiny smile, "But, if you've come for malice… Valiance will not be pleased - and he's not exactly the kind of dragon you want to get on the wrong side of," A teasing comment, but she meant it all the same.

And with that, she began to start back toward the Edge, slow at first to give him time to decide before picking up the pace and taking to a canter as she headed west. Alysanne had family? She couldn't believe it. Though, deep down she was so glad that Alysanne was getting that family. But at the same time, she still craved for her twins to appear again - to not have been torn apart by wolves….

When I'm ready to fall
With love