the Rift

The adventure

Aliyah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 100015095-normal.png]

Aliyah heaved forward her tiered hooves as she continued towards the forest. Her adventures had now brought her...well she wasn't quite sure where all she knew was it was a great forest with adventure inside. Aliyah gathered her energy and heaved forward into a gallop through the woods followed by an excited neigh.

When she was deep into the forest Aliyah skidded to a halt. Taking deep breaths she looked around at the looming trees, they quietly creaked as the wind gently pushed their limbs back and forth. how boring she thought the trees..they just sit there blowing in the wind all day Aliyah giggled pleased she wasn't a tree. Giving one last glace at the tree she had been staring at she ran through the forest again.

Aliyah yet again stopped when she found herself in a dark part of the forest. She stomped a hoof and looked around "this place is creepy" she whispered to herself. The shadows seemed to swallow everything in sight and there where no noises of birds chirping, trees creaking, or any other wildlife . It was simply quiet. This scared Aliyah and she put her ears back and backed up, looking around she was lost in this darkness and couldn't find any light. She started to panic and backed up more until she felt something poke her. With a loud piercing neigh she bolted the other direction right into the light again. Aliyah didn't stop until she was sure she was far enough away from the darkness. Taking deep breaths and panting Aliyah lowered herself to the grass and laid on her side relived

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

She is Elsa, leader of the threshold. Or so she was in her mind. This place was frequented above all other places, with the exception of the Falls of course. Even then, she felt more at home here, amongst those who actually needed her (most of the time). Not to mention, It was a bonus that bringing another back to the Falls did make her look a little better in the eyes of those around her. So, thus it was back to the beat again, bringing newcomers into the lands of Helovia. Whether it was with the Falls, another herd, or the life of an outcast, Helovia would eventually consume them because they were so unfortunate as to walk on this magically horrifying soil. Such an optimistic she is.

Picking up a light trot, she followed the sound of a neigh not far off. It sounded oddly bouncy for someone wandering through these woods. Usually it was a defeated sigh, or the sound of tears that drew Elsa near. Yet, here was a happy sound. How dare she be happy. Well, this girl may as well enjoy it considering that it may not last that long once inside Helovia.

Whomever it was though, continued to move. She had to follow the sound of stomping hooves until finally she caught sight of the russet unicorn. Apparently this girl had suddenly come under the realization that things were not as they seem, for her ears slicked back, and before Elsa knew it, the girl was off again. She bolted back into the light, her body moving a little too fast for Elsa's liking. This girl better be nice, considering Elsa had been tracking her all over Helovia's green forest.

Finally the girl stopped, and bedded down on the floor. Edgar, who had suddenly decided to join Elsa swooped down from the branches to perch atop her head. He wanted to know about this runner. Elsa took a few tentative steps forward, careful not to scare the girl into another goose chase. Pausing only a few feet away, she spoke. "Miss, are you alright? I've been trying to catch your attention but it seems that you've been frightened?" Both were questions, the latter Elsa assumed was already affirmative. Why else would one just.. run? Who runs for fun? Edgar hopped off her head, flapping down to land in front of Elsa before hopping over to where the girl had bedded down. He wanted her attention, for the little bird seemed to feed off of the spotlight.

@[Aliyah] would you like to be tagged? :)
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Unregistered
The mare looked up from where she lay to see a Pegasus. Aliyah stood quickly and put her ears forward "oh heh heh sorry the dark just stirred me slightly I am fine" she reassured with a chuckle. Then she lowered her head to the bird and titled her head confused "hello" she spoke, then looking back up at the mare. "I'm sorry am I on claimed land?" She questioned not sure what to do with another horse.

Aliyah hadn't seen a Pegasus since she was a very young and they always amazed her. But why was this one talking to her? This confused Aliyah very much and she couldn't guess why. Unless she was really on claimed land then shouldn't horses around here keep to themselves?

Aliyah had shared about this place and knew that horses here truly did keep to themselves. Once and traveler came to her village and told stories of a equine ah I had traveled into this forest and didn't come back out. This had always managed to get under Aliyah's skin, she was just a filly and by now knew full well that there where more explanations then the equine being eaten or killed in the forest. Most likely it just met other equine in the forest and joined them, this is why Aliyah had come here to see what was inside. So far she had only found trees and dark places , also this Pegasus but she could chase out Aliyah and she'd know that maybe the equine that never came out was attacked.

~sorry tagged?~

Her chuckle did not ease Elsa. What had frightened her so? Helovia was not without it's evils. She may have just spotted something that could be quite dangerous, although nothing in the air reeked of danger. Thus, the attentions were then turned to Edgar. When she whispered her little hello, he hopped closer, before offering a beak-y smile followed by a squeak. Turning to face Elsa then, and satisfied with the daily dose of attention, spread his wings and flew back to the perch atop her head. His downy feathers ruffled as he settled in between her ears. It looked as if she had a crown made of fluff and bird.

Rolling her eyes at the cheeky bird Elsa turned her attention back to the mare. Poor girl was worried she had wandered onto claimed land. Quite contrary, for she was on the land of claiming. In essence, everyone was here for her. Elsa smiled, before continuing on to explain. If she just stood there with a smile on her face, she may as well be a stalker. "No, in fact, your in the Threshold. The only reason I'm here to to look for horses like you, to offer a home to." She finished with a shrug. Sometimes the most blatant answers were the best ones. "You're in the land of Helovia, so, like I just mentioned, if you would like, I can offer you residence within the Hidden Falls. If that does not interest you, you can find your way to the other herds to seek entry, or take the life of an outcast." Simple, sweet and to the point.

She flicked her tail mindlessly, pausing to allow the girl to speak. However, before she went on bringing any recruits back, it would be best to get a name. Clearing her throat once more, she spoke. "Also, what's your name? I'm Elsa, mason of the Hidden Falls." She finished decidedly. Elsa was always longwinded, and tended to drive out those who preferred the quiet life.

@[Aliyah] Tagging send a message to your inbox saying that you have a reply. If you can remember all the threads, you don't really need it. But if you're like me and forget a lot, its a helpful tool to know when to reply, If that made any sense. :3

Unregistered
Aliyah laughed quickly and lightly as the bird landed on the mares head. A feather crown on a horse was turkey unheard of and looked quiet funny. Aliyah listened to the mare as she explained that she was truly not on claimed land. That claimed Aliyah slightly, in her adventures Aliyah had stumbled upon a herd who did not welcome her presence and almost didn't make it out alive. "The threshold..." The mare repeated, that sounded very familiar but she couldn't think of where she'd heard it from. "A home?" This interested Aliyah, even though she loved to explore the mare would like a home, Aliyah's parents sure wouldn't want her back for leaving.

The mare listened again as the pegasus spoke. "Helovia? That sound familiar" she commented then continued to listen. "A home does sound nice but what are the hidden falls?" She questioned, like Aliyah had stated a home would be nice but she didn't even know this horse in front of her and the pegasus had already offered her a home. This has happened to her before offered a home but politely refused seeing their true intentions of stealing.

Aliyah listened to the mare introduce her self. Politely Aliyah dipped her head, "I am Aliyah" she didn't have a last name that she could ever remember. When she was young and her family was driven out of lathe mountains, which was all Aliyah's fault to add, Aliyah had been very young and she did not understand what she did wrong. Since then she had never heard her last name and never asked. With a quick tail flick she waited for Elsa's response.

~I'd love to be tagged then~

Elsa was immediately excited by the words of the mare. Aliyah seemed generally interested in a home. Her responses were both to the point, and full of questions. It helped too, that Helovia seemed like a familiar name to Aliyah. Maybe then her culture shock would be a little less extreme as some cases were. A small smile settled upon her face, as Elsa got down to what she did best; talking and rambling.

"The Hidden Falls is the herd just to the north. It's settled in some mountains, and filled with, would you guess, waterfalls." A clever grin settled upon her face. Sometimes a little sass made thing interesting. "Midas and Ghost are the Czar and Czarina there, our leaders basically. They trust my judgement, so I'm free to accept you in if you would like to join us there." Edgar screeched loudly from his post on her head. Might as well let Aliyah know that he'd like her presence there. She'd just be another lady whom he could fawn over. "If you do decide to follow me, when we arrive at the Falls, you have to choose a profession. As I mentioned before, I am the Mason." She paused a moment, trying to gauge the mares reaction. A job was a perk for Elsa, but some were not as inclined to work. "Mason is the head of the crafters, so if you decide to go into that, you'll be stuck with me." She shot the girl a small wink before continuing. "Or you can be a medic, sleuth, seer, or warrior. Each of those have their respective leaders who you'll have to seek out." She finished, letting out a long breath. It was a lot of information to throw out there.

Giving the mare a moment to adjust, she spoke again. "However, do know that you are free to leave at any time. Or if the Falls isn't a place you want to go, you can take an outcast life and go explore other options." Of course Elsa preferred the aforementioned choice, but it wouldn't be fair to restrict Aliyah to one choice.

@[Aliyah]

Unregistered
Aliyah listened to Elsa and laughed lightly "why wouldn't it be named the hidden falls then" she commented. As Elsa invited her to join Aliyah had to think about it, what did she know about this land or this herd? Nothing she had never heard of the hidden falls but it seemed very tempting so Aliyah decided to listen. Aliyah looked to the bird in Elsa's head and chuckled as he screeched, Aliyah again laughed as Elsa winked and the bird screeched "well it does look like he wants me to join..." she trailed off and listened. The warrior life seemed nice for her being adventurous and all she has learned. When Elsa spoke of being able to leave at any time also reassured Aliyah a lot. So now she had to think.

Should Aliyah join and herd she barley knows about or continue on her little loner life. How could she pretend she was never offered a home? Or never met a pegasus? Aliyah was very tempted to say but was so hesitant she didn't notice that Aliyah was staring at the ground. Ok think. Joining a heard means they won't know what you did to get kicked out of your hometown, they won't know your tricks, and it's a new start with a new family! But what if they find out about her past, that she has stolen what seemed riches and have even almost killed a horse just once. Aliyah couldn't forget that, it was when Aliyah had first started to travel alone and she had caught a equine trying to steal her things. With a slight laugh at the memory Aliyah finally gathered herself and nodded "I'd love to come with you!" She laughed slightly.

Of course Edgar the Proud was even more emboldened by the fact that Alyah took the time to comment on him. He puffed his feathers, and with as much gusto as he could must, spread his wings, revealing the pale blue belly and talons. He turned his head to the side to strut, before settling back comfortably on her head. "Well, he obviously does." Elsa said offhandedly. A small chuckle followed, but she refused to give into his little whims for attention.

With anticipation, the companion and his bonded listened to the mare. They both fell oddly silent, as if them talking would ruin any chances. Thankfully, she had decided to follow. A large smile settled upon Elsa's face. It had been so long since the rush of a new recruit had been flowing through her. It was a welcome feeling, and Elsa turned and walked towards the North. "Well, lets go then!" She said enthusiastically, looking over her shoulder quickly just to make sure the unicorn was following. It wouldn't be good to leave her behind, considering she was in need of some directions.

Turning back to the North, Elsa began to think of what this mare may become. Would Aliyah be a healer? Warrior? What was she suited for? At least that answer would come soon enough. First, they just needed to make it to the Hidden Falls so she could get settled into her new surroundings. You can't expect horses to make life choices on the fly.

@[Aliyah] just request to have your rank changed to Hidden Falls unranked for now, and then Elsa will accept her into a warrior, healer etc position once they're in the Falls. ^^ Ill set one up today, so once you have the rank changed you can reply. :3