the Rift

[PRIVATE] Borderlines (Rasta)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I woke with a start. Tis uncomfortable, prickly hot, even though there's a disgusting sheen of cold sweat sliding down my undercarriage. "Ye cried out, again..." Wide, alarmed globes turn to the one who'd spoke; not aloud, but in my mind. Fina could rarely be bothered with concern -- but these unstable irritants kept occurring, and they're getting noticeably worse, instead of better. Another nightmare -- an army of three stood around me, those horrific, unstoppable wraiths. Is this punishment for failure? An eternity spent, watching Seele die again and again. Yar, a question my present company couldn't answer, so I placed it aside for later consideration.

Fina croaks evenly, "Earth came." Aye, say true...How could I've forgotten? I'd had one other dream during the night, "I know." My tone is groggy, but even and in some semblance, normal. Limbs unhook their rigid hold, my knees pop audibly as I move slowly from beneath the shade of an ol'oak tree. Neve flutters down from a perch to rest upon my spine, those tiny swords gently couple with fur. "P-ay?" She murmurs softly. I glance back, softening visibly. A tiny crease lifts one corner a little, "Nay, not now." Much to everyone's surprise, instead of sulking, Neve merely nods understandably and falls respectfully silent.

Clearing pools turn to greet a brightening day, another sunrise drenched the empty, navy canvas with fire. As my eldest companion pointed out. Earth came to me in the early evening, via a dream, or vision as they call them. His watchful eyes are constantly seeking a suitable boon to aid our cause. One section of His family was lacking, our crafting projects were making slow progress; Elsa couldn't handle the work alone. Especially with her newfound responsibilities. I could only imagine the exhaustion which came from raising twins.

Dried needles and scattered oak leavings take on a mythical hue, tis unnatural but no less beautiful. The color lingers for only a moment, but its a constant, expectant trail as my painted frame turns to walk toward the meadow which lay just beyond view. The silver rise of metal around my breast glimmers and reflects the sunlight. Those heated fingers are warm, they sooth this conflicted spirit. I move to stand in plain view, just ahead of the treeline. Basking in its glow -- letting the rampant cruelty of night slip away.

We could find Rasta later...

@[Rasta]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

I was tired, but I could tell that it was morning. The sun was filtering in and it was easing my struggle to move and actually go forth from the cocoon of rocks that I had placed myself inside. It was safer, at least to me, in that cocoon when Alleo was out on patrols.

So I shuffled my weight and began to push my way out of the cocoon, easing back out onto the grass, the meadow in the middle of the lands. It was where I generally spent my mornings now, a point of reference before I edged off to different portions of the land and began my daily ritual of memorizing different aspects of the land. Today… today I would memorize the land by the cells. But, first, I could feel another lingering by the treeline on the opposite side of the meadow. It was faint, but enough of a mix in vibrations for me to recall it. And, with Ettore bouncing in agreement (and starting to get too large for the nest of hair that I had, but not yet ready to fly) I moved forward, delicately placing my hooves in an attempt to make as little noise as possible (to get back to the graceful vigor I had once possessed).

It is only when I am about four yards away that I can truly feel his form and a gentle smile lays upon my maw. "Midas. It feels like a lovely morning, just enough sun to warm without burning the skin," I muse, glancing around for a few seconds and feeling out the land around me, before offer Ettore my muzzle to climb onto and then placing him into the grass before me. It is his chirps of pleasure that allow me to fully recognize the joy he felt from being on the ground and running around, flapping his wings like a maniac as if it were going to aid him in flying soon

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It always amazed me that Rasta could maneuver her way through the trees and bramble, hardly a twig would find room to latch and no hair would jar out of place. Her grace made the rest of us appear as flopping elephants, stomping noisily around the forest. She knew who I was instantly, likely by scent. That gentle beam is returned with one of polite likeness, I bowed my crown to those sightless pools. The final threads of discomfort and memory of my stressful night seemed far removed, "Aye," agreement. Tis an understatement, yon sun felt glorious. "The glow suits ye," an innocent compliment, meant to be taken for face value, because I'd not be caught a liar.

Behind me a curious set of pools are watching the little fledgling she dispenses onto the swaying turf. A bright smile spreads her beak wide and a soft musical note springs free, "P-ay!" She croaks in the old speech. Flapping those ivory feathers that beam with brightness when they are brushed by light. Neve sprang from my back and lands awkwardly upon the ground. With wings still outspread, she picks at a piece of grass, drops it and hops a few steps forward, then a step back. Luring that little avian to participate in a game of chase.

I'm distracted by their harmless play, "Yar, a hawk?" Tis young, hardly old enough to be free of its nest. All this suited Neve beyond words. There are few adults willing to play games.

@[Rasta]

The home was becoming easier to maneuver. The ground easing beneath my feet, and should I become uncertain (most of the time) I could create an earthquake and easily pull in a more distinct figure of the world around me.

Alas, as I pulled up to Midas I allowed the exhaustion to drain from my bones and to allow gentle conversation to flicker from my lips as I allow for Ettore to land upon the ground. "Thank you, sire." I said teasingly before my companion eyed Midas's new one as she grabbed a piece of grass, dropped it, hopped a few steps away, and then came back. Spreading out his own wings, in a form of imitation, he tries to run forward (waddling might be a more… acceptable term for what he was accomplishing, though), and grasped at the piece of grass the female avian had just put down. Once he had it in his mouth, he bounced back a few hops, and then placed it back onto the ground. And, once certain he was a few steps away he let out a little call of joy from his lips, happy to finally be playing.

It is Midas' voice that tears me from watching the young ones, and I can merely nod my head. "Yes. The quest that had me mute was for him. It gave me a different look, one I'm glad for. But… I'm far more gracious and pleased to have him now. I see you also have a new young one of your own?" I said, having heard the little one as it had moved and felt it bouncing along the grounds.

Simple conversation, but a nice one that I was glad to have all the same. It was always nice to spend time with Midas - I considered him family and I doubted that would change.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Neve returned his immature chortle with one of her own well meant tunes (aye, though the notes are scrambled and sound more like a cry of agony than one of pleasure or enjoyment.) All things improved with age -- hopefully her singing was among them. She was unphased by my opinion and urgently torn off another long, green blade. Acting as if there wasn't a second to spare the Zephry proceeded to hop away into yon undergrowth; pausing only long enough to swing her head round and flash a most convincing smile. Aiming to lure the fledgling to come along.

Rasta mentions a completed quest; aye, I remembered well...though those days seemed ages ago. Yar, time was funny that way. Crown bobs in agreement, a light chuckle slips from my chest, "Aye, Neve." I watch them trail off, my fondness for the child has already spread higher into the realm of love. After a moment, my attention shifts to those sightless pools. They harbor no light, no life. Tis difficult to peer at my reflection and see nothing of hers. As Da would say, (before the world moved on), 'The eyes are a window to thee soul.'

Nar, Rasta's windows are murky. "Thee has perfect timing actually," fate (just like time) was funny like that, "I have news for ye. Earth has come to me in a dream, yar, vision -- he has chosen ye to rise as a Mason for this family." My voice trails off toward the end, I search her delicate face for signs of approval or rejection.

@[Rasta]

I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

Ettore immediately bounced happily toward Neve, watching as he tried to mess with the blade of grass before pulling yet another one. And then, the little baby began to hop toward a patch of undergrowth as if there is no tomorrow and Ettore only begins to follow after the girl flashes her lovely grin. I cannot help but to laugh at the pair as they attempt to play in a way that I didn't think would happen.

Alas, the other young one's name comes to my ears. A gentle smile presses upon my lips as I bob my head in confirmation and store the name for future reference. Then, he says that I have perfect timing. I can only laugh shaking my head a little in amusement of the entire situation. But, the news that fall from his lips has a few lines of shock staggering across my crown, breath seemingly left from my lips. "I… it… I…" I start, staring blankly at him for a few moments before I can actually form words. "It would be my honour to serve you, this family, and the Earth God in such a capacity," I breathe, swallowing the shock and blinking as I could only focus on the distance."I… thank you," I finish with, before reaching out to press my maw against his flesh to show my gratitude.

Finally, I could serve my family - I could be more than the burden that I assumed they saw me as (after all, who ever saw a blind person as more than a job, a let down, a thing they had to care for). No. I would continue to prove them wrong, as I tried to do every single day.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Tis a huge step to take on the responsibility of managing magic for a herd. Aye, overseeing lesser apprentices, and completing projects that often drained the user of energy. She calls it an honor; which is true, but its more a necessity for us (the herd) to be served, than for anyone to be rewarded. As a group, we functioned together, and only together.

Otherwise, this whole family would crumble apart.

I've every confidence in Earth's decision and in this lady herself. She'd do well at the art of craft -- yar, I find myself beaming brighter when Rasta agrees wholeheartedly and extends herself warmly, solidifing and sharing the joy she felt. Without hesitation I reach forward to celebrate, making brief contact against her plush muzzle. Taking half a heartbeat to breath deep that warm, almost milky scent with the gentlest of sweeps.

Rarely did a summons fail.

Yar. Nothing reminds, aside from a few words of formality. "With Earth as our witness, I name thee Mason and bestow upon ye all the entitlement and power associated with that title." The transfer of power would be instant, (or so they say,) every description was unique in how the user accepted his/her newfound talent. Neve burst into view with a mouthful of cloverleaf still hanging inside her jaw. Green blood was smeared across her chest like a sorely won badge. She muched on the clover for a brief moment, then suddenly started spitting it out after deciding by the (?) number of bites she didn't favor the leaf.

@[Rasta]

I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

I could feel our flesh connect. It was like a solidification of what had just happened - a celebration of gaining and purpose and a title that proved she was more than just the one to stand there and listen to everything. She could actually do something now. Then, he pulls away and formally presents me with the title of Mason. If my eyes could dance with joy, they would be. Alas, the happiness still painted across the features of my face and gave them (almost) a new sense of life.

As if on cue, Neve appears again - seeming to burst through the foliage and Ettore followed in suit not long after. Neve seemed to be chewing on something, though it only happened for a few moments. Meanwhile, Ettore was now bouncing around and searching for holes in the ground. He had a fascination with trying to catch the slithery worms that I had often come to pick from the ground with the roots' assistance these past few weeks. He enjoyed watching them fight before he ate them - why I couldn't quite tell, but it amused him. So, settling upon one hole he began to scratch at it with his talons, widening it just enough to stick his claws in there and snag a worm or two with his talons.

It was almost like a fishing endeavour, as he continually swatted his talon around the hole. And, when he finally got one there was a loud chirp of accomplishment - puffing out his chest as if he had just defeated the worst villain in the world. "What would you like for me to start with?" I inquired, finally pulling my attention from my the two toddler-like companions and turning back toward Midas. What tasks would he like to be completed to help our family?

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
I pause to think of a suitable answer. Gilden gems momentarily flick to the hobbling fledge, who'd found an amusement of sorts. Wordless attention lingers with impassive interest; while this mind considers the possible objectives we'd need to reach for a fulfilling future, "Elsa can give ye direction and work." Our newest mother had done much for this family, and the majority of her efforts have been accomplished alone.

Aid came from myself in completing the task of our final prison. "I'd ask ye for guidance on an idea," lips pursed together, tightening into a fine line, "for those without the ability of flight -- their is one entrance within this valley and out." Honeyed pools drift beyond the meadow, then shift comfortably back to her sightless gems. "Would ye be willing to aid me in making a second exit? Should an emergency arise -- I'd rather our helpless and elders not be trapped within."

Ghost would have to be informed of course...I'd not broached the topic with her as of yet. Though it wasn't assumed to be a task that she'd have an issue with -- especially since tis in regard to be a safeguarding measure that would ensure the safety and longevity of this family. "We could form it from the belly of the mountain," a secret passage. Yar, it sounded like a grand idea...one of impressive scale. Aye. Good thing I'd multiple lifetimes to use for spending, because alone...it would take a lifetime to see such lofty idea to completion, without aid

@[Rasta]

There was a gentle pause as Midas stopped to think about the question which I had asked. Alas, he turned to say that Elsa for direction and work. I nodded in response before he began to speak once more. Guidance? From me? My audits perked up higher, clearly showing the attention that my blind gaze could never prove. He spoke of making a second exit in the case of an emergency and instantly I bobbed my head. "It sounds wondrous," I responded before he spoke of where they could start forming it.

He spoke of not wanting the elders and helpless to be trapped, and I could not agree more. I most definitely did not wish to be stuck inside these borders - it did little to please me. "Perhaps the Earth God could assist us? Create a door out of the existing mountain wall that could only be moved by some enchanted item that could be given to those unable to fly… it would make sure that no one else could follow us out, and not allow any in through that exit as well…" It sounded good, so long as the Earth God was actually wiling to assist. And, it may be a bit of hard work, but the herd could pull together, right? We had pulled together for the jails and such, we could pull together for the idea of safety as well?

Alas, I also paused, taking in a breath. "Sorry if I'm overstepping... it just seems more... secure?" I said it quietly, head tilted down in a form of respect before Ettore came bounding back toward my hooves, chirping to be noticed.
Rasta
you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and
blues - i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you
Image Credit