the Rift

[OPEN] think about the good times

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

So I have to admit, that place where the little squirrel thing was made me laugh. It was such a weird little structure. The flowery cloth stuff moved so gracefully. They were much better at flying than I was. It made me a little jealous, but I still appreciated them. Sneaking off once again without mom, dad, or Shida, I was free to do whatever I want. Sneaking towards the rotunda, I knew I wanted to sit there and look at every inch of it. Who knew what secrets it held? For all anyone knew, there could be buried treasure under that rotunda thingy. And if there was some there, I was going to get it and bring it home so others could be proud of my works.

Once the rotunda was in view, I couldn't contain my excitement. So I bounce forward, onto the smooth surface. It was hard to stand upright, but after a few wobbly steps, I was perfectly balanced. Standing, I was instantly enthralled. The afternoon sun seeped through the ceiling, casting patterns of the rainbow all over the floor. It danced upon my pale skin, and for once, I felt that I actually had color. Its so easy for me to slip into a submissive light, but in this moment, I would be the jewel of the rotunda. It would love me with its colors, mysterious aura, and billowing drapes.

So there I stood. For once in my foal life feeling something that actually made me feel better. A smile settled upon my face. I couldn't help it, I had to dance. So there I was, flinging myself about like a crazy girl. My wings flapping wildly, I threw my head back and laughed, and laughed, and laughed again. Even my landings made the most exquisite noises. It was like a hard clicking, moving in certain ways even made it feel like.. well, I don't know really. It reminded me of the way life beat, like, it was pretty even if it was the same mid-tone click. Thus, my dancing ensued. I would dance the night away if I could.

"Shida stop being such an asshole"

Image Credits

@[Zèklè]

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

It wasn't that hard to sneak away from Ma, in fact sometimes I wished she'd actually catch me because it was getting too easy to slip off and go adventuring... It made sneaking boring. Anyway, I had snuck away from Ma and Tempe to go exploring and adventuring! Why did I leave Sis?

So I could surprise her with whatever I found.

'Cuz lemme tell you, nothing's better than when Sis smiles. She gets all glowy and fluttery and happy, and nothing makes me happier. It's like this warm happy feeling in my chest when I find something new to show her...plus I get bragging rights! I mean, what could be better?

So there I was, prancing along and looking for something interesting.

Trees.

Trees.

Trees.

Bush.

Trees.

WHERE WAS EVERYTHING?!

I stop suddenly, feeling as if my legs are covered in that cold-stuff Da told us about that was called 'ice'(I got no clue what it felt like, but Da said it was cold so it was cold). What if...

What if I was in one of those never-ending woods like Da's stories? I tried not to panic, because that wasn't 'manly', but who was I kidding?!

I was stuck in this forest!

Quickly I broke into a sprint, running as fast as my long legs could take me, trying to find some sort of break, a clearing even, within these trees. Nothing but trees flew past me, and I began panicking even more, gulping down air to ready myself to scream for help from Ma or Da or even Sis(even though I doubt she'd let me forget it).

When suddenly

Something comes into view.

It's another foal

And I'm hurtling towards it.

"WATCH OUT!" I yell, my wings flaring out as I lean back, scrambling to try and stop to avoid hitting the foal. My rump hits the ground, and there's a VERY uncomfortable sensation right there. Doomed, I closed my eyes, not wanting to see what would happen next.

OOC: Hope you don't mind me dropping Breccan in here xD @[Auriel]

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
z
è
k
l
è
This time he hadn't run away from Ma, even though he really didn't run away the first time, just gone on an adventure without her so he could tell her all about what he'd found.

But this time he'd told Ma where he was going. Or he had yelled it as she trained, but he was sure she'd heard. Even though he didn't exactly stay to check. Pretty sure was probably enough.

He'd really, really liked the story-mare and the tale of Raven. It made him curious, though: if it was so bad to try and make yourself better and shinier and cool, then how come so many Grown Ups had asked the Gods for magic and stuff? Was that bad? Would they get it all taken away someday, too? Ma had cool magic to make lightning animals and make the ground pop, and the Gods didn't seem to be taking that away.

It was all very perplexing, which is why he decided to go back to the place and see if he could find the story-mare and get some answers. 'Cus he still wanted to go try and get things from the Gods, like Ma, and while he would do it anyway, he figured he should know what he was getting himself into first.

It was only by luck that Zèklè found the structure again, and by the time he did he was covered in brambles and pine, having taken only the most ill-used, roundabout paths he could find. He took a particular pride in the way his slight figure let him squeeze beneath and between things that Grown Ups were too fat to avoid, though in a desert it was hard to show this off. Plus rubbing up against trees relieved nasty itches, and there was so much mud to roll in, and so many things to taste and try! Really, Grown Ups who took the normal paths were missing out. They may call him bad at directions, but that was just a boring way of saying adventurous.

The Rotunda was the first thing Zèklè saw when he emerged from the trees, triumphant and delighted, pleased with his not-so-awful navigation. Then he saw the girl beneath it, with her wings and her... what was she doing? He tilted his head curiously, watching the way the bigger foal moved, the way she jumped and spread her wings. It looked fun, he decided. Maybe he could go play, too.

Then he saw movement, and his eyes darted away, to the left, to the boy who had antlers like Gaucho and who was running and running and-

Oooouch. Zèklè winced in sympathy as the boy fell to his rear, covering his eyes with his singular wing before bursting into laughter, because even if it was bad it was also a little funny. "You 'k?" he hollered, sunbeam eyes wide, before cantering inelegantly toward the pair. Upon closer inspection the boy looked familiar- had he been present when the story-mare told her tale?

Satisfied the other colt wasn't in any imminent danger, the little foal turned to the creamy girl, big eyes bright with eager curiosity. "Wut were ya' playin'? It looked real fun! An' cool! C'n we play?" the boy asked hopefully, eager to find playmates, happy to have made two new friends, even if he didn't know their names. He couldn't wait to tell Ma; she'd be so excited for him!
Image Credit

prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

Of course, every good thing had to end. Suddenly, I look up to see a boy. And he's running, like, right at me. My pale eyes go wide as my erratic movements suddenly fling me to the side. I find myself pushed up against the rim of the Rotunda. I feel bad for him and whatever, but i'm seriously not in the mood to take a boy to the face. That would not be fun. A cry erupts as I see him push his butt into the ground. Smoke billows around my face and I find myself shaking, and intrigued all at once. It looked dreadfully painful, but he was still moving, no? Not to mention.. He looked like me! He had wings and horns! So cool! I thought I was the only one like me!

Torn between helping and inspecting, I'm really glad when I suddenly hear another voice. I turn, to find a one winged pegasus inquiring if he is alright. Yet I still don't say anything. Now I have to figure out why that foal has one wing, when all i've met have two, and why the other boy looked like me. My mind was spinning and all I could do was huff out more smoke. It was a stupid crutch, but now I was beginning to think I could hide behind the smoke if I breathed enough out.

The one who hadn't fallen was even so bold as to laugh. Well wasn't this just a great day for me. I am Auriel, the biggest scardy-cat to ever be born. Eventually though I blink my way into reality, feeling a little more comforted by the fact that I was being asked a question. Apparently, the one winged boy had be watching me before. I don't know whether to be flattered, embarrassed or angry. So instead, I just smile and accept it. There wasn't exactly the abundance of foals back home, so I had very few chances to make any friends. "Uhm, well I was dancing. I think that's what it's called." I reply timidly. Im still not sure whether I should be making sure the antler boy is okay, making new friends, or checking to make sure another boy doesn't fall out of the sky. That's all there seemed to be, Volterra was a guy, and now these two. The only girl was Shida. I guess that's a good thing?

Tentatively I step away from the stone outcropping in the Rotunda. I carefully step towards the antlered boy, tilting my head. "Are you okay?" I stare blankly, before looking back to the other boy. "I don't really know what to do right now." Wow, that was painfully hard to admit. Especially in the presence of two unknown boys. My pale cheeks redden with embarrassment as I take a step back. The one winged boy seems to know what to do. "Who are you guys anyway? Are you here to steal me away?" Well that was a valid question. Who knew anyones intentions. That antlered boy already tried to run me over. Maybe they were in cahoots with each other and were going to capture me. Little did they know, my smokey breath would make them go crazy. It was my little secret weapon now.

Image Credits

@[Zèklè] @[Breccan] Do you guys want to be tagged? :3

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

When there's no impact, I slowly open my eyes, blinking. The foal(filly) got out of the way quick enough, and I felt a breath of relief escape me... Before my entire body practically turns red in embarrassment.

And of course, the filly is pretty. Like, really pretty. Also my luck, another foal comes bumbling into the clearing just in time to witness my graceful stop. Muttering apologies to the filly, I scramble to my feet and back up, although my gaze grows curious when I see the smoke that slips past her lips with each breath she takes.

She can make smoke too? And she's horned! ...But not with antlers. Nah, her horn's different... but she has horns and wings like me. So of course I like her instantly, and wanna show her my smoke too, but the other foal interrupts and turns my attention away towards him.

And it's the colt from the story-telling, the one that had the brilliant(can you see my sarcasm? I learned it from Ma!) idea to be like the Raven and get all these things from the Gods and probably become all plain like him too. I had my smoke, my horns and wings.

What more could i ask for?

"Yeh, I'm fine." I answer them both, although my gaze lingers on the other colt. Couldn't say the same for him though; where was his other wing? Did it fall off? I don't think I noticed that before, or if I did I forgot it...

Idiot probably went and copied the Raven.

But something the filly said catches my attention, and I looked at her in surprise. Dancing? Da tried to get Tempe and I to dance once... It left me and her in a tangle of limbs and feathers and it had been fun!

But then she accuses us of wanting to steal her away, and I quickly step back, eyes widening. Steal her? Why? "No no! M'name is Breccan, I was just wandering around trying to find something for my Sis." Tell the truth. Da always told us that, to the point where it got downright annoying. But if I was gonna be a knight, a hero like in Da's stories, telling the truth was a good way to start.

"What's your name? And how come you can smoke too?" I ask her, still mystified by her puffy breath. Why did her smoke seem to come so much easier, with each breath? Mine took a bit to make, and I was careful to do it away from Tempe just in case it was another thing we were different in. Yet this filly did her magic so effortlessly... it made a weird feeling in my chest kind of like when this weird bug bit my ankle and it burned.

@[Auriel] Yes please <3

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
z
è
k
l
è
He'd already grown used to being stared at, or maybe he was still just too young to realize what it meant, the judgment behind their eyes when they looked at the place where another wing should be. When Breccan stared at Zèklè, Zèklè just stared back, grinning, tail twitching eagerly, a challenge in the vibrant sunbeam eyes. Betcha I can look at you longer. Betcha you'll back down.

The tip of his pink tongue crept outside of inky lips, clenched between pale teeth as he focused on not messing up.

He nearly crowed his triumph when the other boy looked away. Zèklè was the best at staring contests- just ask Ma! But the other colt didn't even really seem to care, or maybe he was just really good at brushing off defeat, and Ma had told him not to gloat. He shifted, shaking out his lonely wing, and followed the other colt's attention over to the filly. Dancing? Wasn't that like the stupid slow thing they'd seen Buce doing that one time in the Desert? But what the girl was doing didn't look boring, it looked fun.

Maybe she would teach him, and then he could go show Buce what real dancing looked like, and Ma would think he was so much better than the stupid Chancellor, because he was.

"Cool!" the boy cried, much louder than the girl, nearly leaping with his happiness, his pleasure at being surrounded by new friends. "I kno a st'lion who dances, bu' you did it much bet'r." He nodded seriously, mohawk mane bouncing as his head flailed dramatically. Some part of him wanted desperately to impress this girl, to make her smile at him the way Ma did sometimes and tell him he was great.

But he didn't wanna steal her, that was for sure.

He balked, surprised, as she suddenly turned hostile, demanding to know what they wanted, if they were there to steal her. Uh, no. Why, did the other colt want to? Zèklè turned to stare, surprise and confusion bright on his young face, but the other kid seemed just as taken aback as him. "Yea!" the half-boy piped in, turning back to the girl. "An' 'm Zèklè! We're jus' lookin' f'r stuff! Like I was tryin'a find th' story mare so I could tell Ma a story!" He'd almost forgotten that in all the excitement, but now he looked around for her again, as though expecting her to leap into the Rotunda and confirm his tale.

The boy sat silent for a long minute, thinking his brow slightly furrowed. Well, now that he'd found friends what was he to do with them?

Then he got an idea, and his eyes lit up, and he jumped in his excitement, grinning. "Hey, I'v an idea! Le's play hide'n'seek!"
Image Credit

prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

I am pretty scared, but neither of the colts made a move to capture me yet. The one-winged one even says I'm good at dancing! That's awesome, maybe I can be ballerina some day.In fact, it continues, and they actually introduce themselves to me. The antlered one is Breccan, and the one winged one is Zèklè. It's a hard name to say, Ill just call him Z unless he decides to maim me for it. Plus Z sounds a lot cooler, like he should be leading a little gang or something. Both too, were here to collect or find something. Well, that is a lot more of a nobel cause than mine. I just wanted some place to be free and dance. It was fun, and a kind of release actually.

Smiling at both of them, I shamefully realize that I have no introduced myself. "My name is Auriel. I'm from the Hidden Falls." I say pridefully, puffing out my chest again. It doesn't help my ego either that Breccan seems genuinely interested in my smoke breath. It's my signature, so I'm glad when those around me compliment it. Makes me feel special if you know what I mean. "I was born like this. Oh, and it does all sorts of crazy things when I blow it in horses faces. It's kinda cool but leaves them feeling all weird." I finish with a shrug. Volterra for example, he basically went bananas. It was cool, but he was so tired after that. I felt kind of bad, but it was all for the sake of science! It's better that I know what it does on a willing horse instead of randomly finding out at an awkward moment. Like now, I'd feel bad if I made Z or Breccan feel like that. I don't think they'd stay my friends then.

Z though, comes up with a great idea! I like talking, but games are much more amusing. Especially when learning about others. "That's a great idea!" I exclaim, but I still don't know much about my new friends. Maybe we could turn this into a meet and greet game or something. Then we'd all know each other! "We should do it too, where like, when we are found, we have to tell a fact about ourselves. Like, if we have siblings and their names, or like a cool thing we have, like my magic. Something like that, then I can know more about you guys. And I can brag about my new friends later!" I exhale sharply. I was a long-winded talker, and sometimes it got a little out of control. Jumping away then, I look back and call to them. "Nose-Goes, one of you gots to be the finder!" I giggle and trot off. I need a good place to hide, one where they won't be able to find me. I dive off behind a large fir tree, and stand quietly. I have to bite my lip, because I can't laugh and give away my position! I don't want to be found, and there was no harm in winning either. I liked winning, it's fun.

Image Credits

@[Zèklè]
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.