the Rift

[OPEN] they've got the cages, they've got the boxes. [sensory deprivation]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
Well her little break for birthing children had ended. Work and life kept on moving, regardless of whether or not she needed a break. Taking the now trodden path back towards the land of the prisons, she didn't have much to do. So the uneventful walk eventually gave way to the halfway, awkwardly built room. Whatever it did, by the time she was done building, Elsa hoped she'd never have to take a trip into it.

The stone skeleton stood out against the lush foliage of spring. All the green... all the color... it made these cells look rather dank and ugly. Elsa crinkles her nose in disgust, hopefully Midas and Ghost were a little more apt to like them than she was. Speaking of which, she'd need Midas' help on this wall. Even though the sun she built for the Throat was rather small, it still took a great deal of energy. There was no way she could do this alone, and without Cashmere or another Mason stand in, Midas was the only one she could turn to. "Midas?" she calls out, hoping he is nearby. With her luck though, he was off somewhere on a trip and she'd have to postpone building until and even later date.

Hopefully he was here, because at this rate she'd never get around to finish this project. It was so huge and daunting that it was easy for Elsa to look at the life of lesser work. Not that she didn't appreciate medics or seers, but their life seemed a little less regimented. Not to mention, a lot more active when they were called to duty. In the back of her mind, she knew she couldn't leave this job though. It was practically what she was born to do. How could she ever walk away from something like this? It could only result in something bad.

Deciding to at least get some things started, she moved towards the hunk of rocks that was used to shape the walls. There began the creaking, quaking and breaking of stone. It wasn't a pleasant noise, but it was the sound of work. The Sleuths better thank her ass with a hell of present after this. They had access to two cells, and eventually this little room. Did they know how much of her life was spent here? Well, she'd make sure. If one even had the slightest audacity to complain about her work, she knew she'd be a loose firecracker. Based on past experiences, that wasn't the best situation ever.

[Elsa will be using her medium item, and @[Midas] will help to cover the rest of this wall if I am correct. ^^]

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
The cells weren't meant to be beautiful. Their intention was for a time of necessity, one I prayed would never come to pass. (Even though such thinking is naive.) There would be water if Earth willed it. Perhaps I'd have abandoned the task months ago. We already had two completed cells...But, tis also something that Seele had wanted to see finished. I'd assure that her wishes for this land are satisfied down to the last miniscule detail.

Even if it meant doing the work myself.

When Elsa came to our worksite, I'd been hoisting boulders to the far side of the mountain, our temporary scrapyard. After dropping the load I slowly returned, arriving in time to see the pale mother working on that final room. A thankful smile glides to my face; she had impeccable timing, "Yar, good to see ye." Crown jerkingly dips to my right leg, with a quick dash against the fleshy muscle I cleared some itchy sweat from my brow. "I almost miss the chill of Frostfall," tone is mild with a touch of humor, "This is hot work," my grin rose a touch higher. Despite discomfort, this flesh enjoyed hard labor. Tis good for the mind also, it had a calming effect.

Gilden gaze drifted with masked expression to the adjacent rooms, they lay empty of course -- though I knew a familiar scent lingered upon yon threshold. Africa was obviously elsewhere. Keeping distraction at bay...as though such were possible when a mind kept pondering ideals best left for dreams.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Elsa

She was late to her own party apparently, because Midas had already been here. Her eyes widened and bowed respectfully, eyeing him suspiciously. Did he think her not apt to do the work? Had he already assumed she was incapable? How rude. Her eyes narrowed as he carefully introduced himself. His words were again painfully formal. Too much so for her liking. Why did he pretend (or was it pretend?) to be so.. so like that? Did he think that they were only acquaintances? Surely after the spars and some work he would at least consider her some sort of friend. Maybe it was just the post-pregnancy blues but she was feeling a little aggravated today.

Nodding in agreement, she spoke slowly, still unsure of what to do. "I think me of all people would know how much better Frostfall is." She said with a light, shallow laugh. Although it was true, she was Frostfall reincarnated, or so she thought. "Midas.." She began slowly, trying to gauge his reaction. Sure this was the time to get to work, but they could still talk. After a few more steps towards the rocks they would work with, she spoke again. "Are you always so nice and formal to everyone? I mean seriously, do you ever get mad? Like ever?" Her voice was a little agitated, but nonetheless curious. Cracking another part of the rock off she began assembling the base of the wall. "Sorry if its like out of line or whatever, but I kind of want to know." She added nonchalantly. There you go Elsa. Make up for the pushy question by being pushy. Apparently fighting fire with fire was a good tactic in her mind.

Stepping around to the pile again, she rolled a few more rocks over, and began cracking and pasting. Her mind reeled with questions to ask, but for now she kept her mouth shut. If she was walking on thin ice, she wanted to know it first. It was Spring and all, the ice did run a little thing during this season.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
Men would never understand the befuddlement which was the opposite species. Women...Earth have mercy.

She seemed neither pleased or displeased with my appearance; I would've expected the Mason to be grateful for whatever aid was offered -- but yar, tis well known women bore a strange alteration of logic. My attention wavers to the mountain, the cracking and crumbling of inner stones. Just as enough debris has tumbled to the dirt for me to carry off, Elsa pauses, my name on her lips.

Gilden gems, alive and warm rise curiously. She poses a rather...intriguing question that sits hesitantly between us. The pale lady might find my manner unusual -- but it was habit rearing from equally mannered parents to treat even close friends the same as enemies. Respectfully. Elsa was prying into a container, one she would find lay empty once the lid was removed. I find myself wanting to chuckle, yar, the only thing holding me from it is the serious expression on her face...giving me reason to believe that this wasn't a jest.

With my flesh still warm from work I attempt to maintain a small smile, "Aye, wrath is saved for moments of true need." Say true, such as when Seele died -- slight beam falters to the wayside, disappearing beneath a heavy cloud that veils my mind with such a thickness that I'm withholding a sigh. Grief, those inky talons still had some hold on me. "What stirs ye to ask?"

Elsa

She cannot help but bite back a snarky comment that bubbles onto her lips. There is no possible way he never just "saves" it for the right time. Goodness gracious Elsa tried to be like him when she was younger, and it only made her lose it more! Not to mention, as time wore on age seemed to make her grumpy. She knew for a fact; he was old. Or at least, older.

Snorting, she finally thought of a less brash and abrasive reply. "I do not believe that a single bit." She stated blatantly. What stirs her to ask, he says. Why does it matter? Well, she is being nosy but still. She had a right to know... right? "Because Midas, you are too nice sometimes. I don't understand. How in the hell do not just have the nerve to just rip something apart?!" She exclaims, exasperated by her lack of perceiving anyone. The world she thought she knew, and understood, just kept falling out from below her. Silently, she moved back to the rock, assembling on piece on top of the other. In her work, she pondered in silence.

If he was truly this great at keeping his cool, how did he do it? She could certainly take a lesson or two from him. Maybe then it would keep her out of trouble, and she could glide through life. "If you are so great at it, then how do you do it? I just want to know. The Earth God knows I could use it..." She adds, muttering the last part. If he's actually paying any attention to her, he'll hear it. If not, well then it goes unheard. Midas the dad, or that's how she began seeing him. He of all the horses, had some sort of inkling of life and humility. Those were lessons Elsa had not been taught. He may not think much of her at all, but little did he know the amount of times she looked up to him. He was what she could never be; a calm leader, one who rarely, if at all failed. Why could he not have just been her father. Then, her life would have been a much less hectic, and pitiful sob story.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
Again amusement flicks like a dancing flame inside the smothering hue of gold; though there is a firm line laced across my jaw that points down. "Believe me or not, the answer remains true," vocals are unencumbered and well plaided toward masking any edge. I shrug her remark off...and start fixing to turn back to work when she voices rather alarming ideals. Another pause. Both brows rose, surprised that such violent statement would pass her lips. Aye, the lass wanted to see anger? Keep rattling the cage of yon sleeping beast with nonsense words like that.

I turn crown aside to conceal the deepening frown that furrows my previously careless features to darken ever slightly. What fool would, in her words, 'rip something apart' for the sake of unresolved anger? My younger self would've spoken against such thinking -- but I am not a green cur easily bent to sharp note for the lone goal of proving a point. (Even if such remark gives me pause and breaths life into concern.) Yet I stay my tongue until she is well finished.

Elsa's final words are far more receptive, I glance back -- fixing gaze upon her careful work and wondering for a fraction of a heartbeat if previous reply might have been a thing born from wounded pride, or perhaps...a sickness...revenge? Gaze softens, my mind considers its move carefully before answering, "I've witnessed what unchecked bitterness and hate can bring," tone narrows, "It serves no master and will consume the one who yields it," eyes raise, attempting to meet her own,"Forgiveness, discipline, an attentive ear...those are the ventures of a wise heart and steady mind."

Or as my Da would've said, "I do not kill with my body; he who kills with his body has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." Old words. Back when the world was young.