the Rift

[PRIVATE] Got me ten feet off the ground

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

The girl wheels in lazy circles in the sky, drifting on a thermal breeze and steadying herself for what she is about to do. One… Copper wings beat for an instant, then she glides again. Two… Nasreen sucks in a breath, trying her best to ignore the flutter in her belly—it is as if her stomach has wings that are all its own. Is that nor--? Three!

Without warning, the maiden plunges into a dive, plummeting from the sky like a hawk intent on some unseen prey. Wings press tight against her duo-colored body, and ears lie uncharacteristically flat against her skull, but the image of ferocity is ruined by the rather high-pitched scream that slips past her lips. Down, down she streaks, through cloud and mist and space, until somewhere faintly below her, the ground comes into view. And then the field is rushing towards her and without hearing herself, she is screaming louder…until with a final terrified shriek, she forces her wings outward at the last second, unfurling them to guide her safely to the earth. The landing is a bit bumpy, but as her hooves touch down upon the grasses of the Heavenly Fields, there is a triumphant spring to her step. Laughter, simultaneously delighted and hysterical, bubbles from her gaping muzzle as she evens her stride, taking a victory lap around the field. She did it! She actually did it! It is no small success for the rather clumsy princess; for she has been practicing the technique for weeks. Only she has never had the nerve to actually try it from so high up until today.

With the adrenaline still pumping through her veins, Nasreen feels as if she can take on anything. It is a welcome change to the time she has spent alone as of late—it’s been a miserable past few weeks. For Quilyan is still missing…and for the first time since arriving in Helovia, her hope of finding home has faltered. Her encounter with Bucephalus bruised both heart and spirit, it seems, and though she still cannot put him out of her head, gone are the silly fantasies in which they dance together across the flowering fields. Instead, Nasreen is only left with an echo, the empty ring of his voice as he swore he wouldn’t help her, and it resounds day and night, haunting her waking hours and plaguing her dreams. If Th’orqui was really out there…shouldn’t she have found it by now?

It had all been too much to bear, especially on her own, and so the maiden had ventured forth from the Edge once more to a place where she had once practiced her flying. Perhaps it didn’t do much to solve her problems, but aside from her long-lost kingdom, the lass has always felt most at home in the sky. So here she is, prancing in the cloud-kissed meadow, relishing in the feeling of having outflown her problems…temporarily, anyway.

Edit: retagging just because it's been a bit and you may have missed it!
@[Bucephalus]

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

When I had come here to play, I did not expect to see a familiar copper-snow mare diving, reckless, carefree. I lifted my head from the earth, having been rolling(because sand itched quite a bit in naughty places), just in time to watch the princess plummet. It was a sight to steal the breath, to make the heart speed up in excitement and terror sympathetic to her own.

Down, down down she falls towards what had to be her doom. "Now." I breathe, and am on cue, for her wings unfurl to stop her rapid descent, and I laugh at the shriek she makes. If I had to guess, she wasn't used to such things. Quickly I rose, shaking myself off before going to approach, however I pause, hesitating. I seemed to have a bad habit of parting on ill terms with mares, apparently... Would my presence be welcomed?

I frowned faintly, then shrugged it off and strode over, grinning. "That was wonderful, Nasreen. I did not take you for one who enjoys such things." I dip my head in greeting, glancing up at the sky before looking back to her. My smile fades, and my ears flick back, no words escaping me for the moment. But, as always, I break the silence(Can you blame me? This world is too damn quiet and too damn still), taking a step towards her. "Nasreen... I am sorry about your home, but that would require me doing something I cannot. Perhaps I can help you find another way?"

As fond of this mare I was becoming, she was not worth my death.

@[Nasreen] SO SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT
"Bucephalus speaks"
"Altan speaks"

Credits
Image by Aud
Coding by Tamme

Pixel by Aud