the Rift

[OPEN] In need of a clear understanding

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L e e k a

The mists were strong this morning. They glided off the cliffs like a torrent thundercloud, same as they did everyday, swelling as large as cumulus clouds and engulfing the forests in ubiquitous fog. A blessing from the Moon Goddess, so it was said, a protective shroud for those who worshiped her and lived in her shadow on these lands. Leeka wasn't sure of what stock she put in the Gods but there was certainly something thought provoking about the fog, a presence that felt constant and watching. Benign, of course...usually. It was at times when she felt unnerved that she thinks perhaps it might do good to refresh herself on the lore and maybe say a prayer to the Goddess but Leeka did not know how to please a luminary and thus often said nothing. She never had to deal with one before in her life till now and was skeptical if she should even try. No one after all was shoving faith down her throat and by no means had she been told it was necessary.

Yet, one had to wonder.

If what she had heard was true, the Glazier's gift of crafting glass came from the Goddess of the Moon. The particular quality of the ability was also rather curious in that one could only craft glass from the mist, a suppose extension of the Goddess. Rather odd for a magic skill to be so limited in medium, not that there was any shortage of the grey matter here. As far as she understood gifts of magic could only be granted by a God or passed down from a bloodline, and from what she knew, no Glazier was ever related to one another, meaning the magic couldn't have been gained from a family link. Which begs the question- Does every Glazier truly get their gift directly from the God of the Moon? Do they actually meet? Leeka tried imaging a celestial being morphing from the ghastly wisps but Leeka had no clue as to how what the Goddess would look like and so only thought of mass of shifting shadows carried on blades of wind. The Edge's patron commanded all the gifts of darkness and wind after all...

I want to know.... she thought, lowering her head to examine a patch of looming fog, teasing at it with a hoof before brushing it away as a tightening sensation seized her heart, making her chest seem to shrink. It was all so very new, all so very foreign and frightening, she could not be blamed for quaking at the idea of such a being existing. She still didn't believe, however, merely questioned and yet more then willing to learn otherwise. For now, it was a puzzle to solve, a problem in need of a solution.

And who better to ask then a Glazier for answers? A name hung on the tip of her tongue, one that she heard at a herd meeting before. Brisa, that was it. Turning around Leeka began her search for the Edges esteemed crafter with a light hop in her step, peering left to right for a sign of the mare.

" Brisa, Brisa! I've something to ask of you."

Image Credits
- table by Niki -

@[Brisa]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Lowering her lips towards the crystalline surface the alabaster mare hovered for a moment watching her reflection stare back. The most prominent feature upon her bland coloured coat would have to be her eyes with their ice like blue irises. Not much about her stood out but if she had to pick something she liked about herself it would be her eyes. They reminded her so much of her mother it made her heart ache at times if she looked hard enough but she knew that she would never live up to her mother's beauty. From her recollections and memories of her mother she could picture the stunning ivory snowflakes that decorated her coat standing above the silken grey undercoat. It was a perfect contrast between the colours which she had always loved to look at and trace the delicate pattern with her muzzle. It had been soothing to her at such a young age to have her mother so close and hear her loving voice when she would sing to her. That was a long time ago since she had been able to do that for neither of her parents still walked this earth. Despite the sadness their memories brought to her heart she refused to forget about them as time passed by.

What would they think of her now? Would they be proud of her? These were just a few lone questions that she wished she had the answer to. The last time she had seen them was when she was only a couple months old and running for her life. They had stayed behind to fend off the attackers so she might escape but it had been too much for them all and the next time she had seen their home it was covered in all the herds blood. Shaking her head with a sigh she let her lips part and pull in the cool liquid until her needs were satisfied. Out of all her failures in life she regretted not staying with them until the end. She might not of been any help at that age but at least they would have died together as a family.

Voices pulled her head upright to attention as she turned her ears towards the sounds to discover it was not many voices she heard but only one. The feminine voice sounded vaguely familiar but to whom she could not place. When her name was spoken it was clear that she had met the girl before but from where? Not too many seemed to remember her name so she figured she had better go and see what was going on. "Over here!" She said calling out gently to the mare as she turned to make her way in her general direction wondering why she was being summoned. Hopefully her son hadn't decided to get into any trouble and this was the reason she was being sought out.

@[Leeka]
Brisa Speaks

Image Credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L e e k a

The small voice in the air rang like a summoning in Leeka's ears, capturing her attention without a moment’s hesitation toward its source. The young mare could only smile to herself as her eyes set upon the pale form of the Glazier in the distance, her mind abuzz with questions, excitement...and the barest thread of embarrassment. She knew all too well how completely sudden this all was and felt just a bit shameful to erupt into the other mares day like a flaming meteorite but she couldn't help it anymore - she had to know and she had to know now. Besides, wasn’t it part of the Glaziers job to teach and have underlings, right? There wouldn't be any point of the job if no one else wanted it or knew of it. That sprung an interesting point. Was magic taught instead by the mentor to their understudies instead of gifted by the Moon Goddess, like lore says? The realization put an extra bounce in the appaloosa steps, spurring a flying change in her gait. Regardless of whatever acceptance she had toward her failure of retaining magic from her homeland didn't mean she had any reservations of adopting Helovian magic. In fact, she may have even preferred it. From what she had seen and heard the magic here was far more diverse and unique from wielder to wielder. No two had exactly the same and the possibilities were wondrous. Endlessly so.

Drawing nearer, Leeka recalled the few times she had actually seen Brisa before. The first had been at a herd meeting when Kahlua, their Queen, had promoted her to Glazier. It had been within just a few weeks of her joining and there was so little that she had understood then. Of the few things she could recall from the gathering Ktulu and Archibald had been made Captains of the Edge, Alysanne was named Moon Doctor in Resplendence's place and the peace talks with the Aurora Basin were discussed. How tense things got then on that subject. I was so overwhelmed, I kept silent...mostly. There may have been a few words she had spoken but she could barely recall what they were. Perhaps she had egged on creating a new bond with the Basin, to start fresh if they were willing to have peace. Things seem to be alright... She thought hopefully, before the shadow of the present returned the doubt. The murders had kept everyone busy. If there were tensions still, they had been delayed by darker matters. "At least things are well for now, as well as they can be.

As for the second time Leeka had seen Brisa it had been on the floating island when the races were being held and she had become a participant in the Equine race. The one hosted by a turtle and the one that she had won, both equally strange and unlikely things. Though, despite the grey mare having been there it seemed she had lost early in the race. A sheepish grin cast itself on Leeka's maw. To think she had beaten both the Glazier and the Queen of the Edge in the same race.

Funny, all these little chances of seeing one another and yet never spoken. Wonder if she remembers anything. Leeka thought as she drew up beside Brisa, pausing a fair distance away before raising a foreleg and bowing her head to her knee as way of greeting, a habit of her homeland she continued to practice and doubt would ever leave her." Sorry to come on such short notice but I couldn't help myself." she said, another sheepish smile creeping on her maw." I want to know more about your craft. What it means to be a Glazier." She looked away, pausing for moment and shyly picked at the ground with a hoof before continuing. "I had interest in it before...but I never pursed it. I have sooo many questions...but mostly I want to know about...about the Goddess." It felt strange saying the word aloud, as if it actually contained weight and required effort to say. It also made her feel oddly exposed for some reason, but what could be expected from someone unused to believing in greater beings? " I've heard the lore, but is your gift of glass-making truly a gift from her? Have you...ever...met her?" Leeka tilted her head, expectantly, curiously before another thought sprang into her head. ""Oh! And my name is Leeka, by the way."

OOC: This should be set before the murder reveal I think XD
Image Credits
- table by Niki -

@[Brisa]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Watching as the painted mare approached there was no doubting that she had met her once or twice before. She could picture her face at many of the herd meetings but was it there that she had first met her? If only she could start remembering names better, then she wouldn't find herself in this position struggling to remember them. Faces she could easily pull from memory but that was no use to her without a name to go along with it. Had Kahlua not remembered her deficit in this category when she had considered her for this position? If she recalled she had forgotten her best friends name a couple times before she had managed to straighten it out and get it right. Oh it was so great for meeting people and making friends when she could barely remember to place names to peoples faces.

Perking her ears forward as the painted fae began speaking she listened diligently to everything she was saying. To her relief and gratitude the girl spoke her name to save her the embarrassment of having to ask it herself. Leeka! That was it! The formality in which she was addressed was surprising and she couldn't help but feel a little weird. When she had agreed to take on the position of Glazier she hadn't realized it came with people talking to her differently. This would definitely take some getting used to. Never before had she ever pictured herself being anywhere on the totem pole other than at the very end where she had been 99% of her life. Her life had been about staying under the radar of those higher than her and doing everything she was told, getting used to being ignored and pushed around, the normal. Speaking up? Holding a higher ranking? None of this had ever crossed her mind. Geeze she had pictured herself sitting in a corner fiddling with little trinkets or something.

Making herself get over the whole ranking surprise quickly she wondered how exactly she was supposed to address these rather difficult questions. The Moon Goddess....ummm well she had only met her once before but not on a one to one basis. What all did she know about her...well she was a murderer...and a dark twisted bitch... did that count as knowledge? These answers were surely not the ones Leeka was looking for but what else could she tell her? Thinking back to what Kaj had told her about her crafting powers she tried to piece together something logical that would not make her sound like a complete fool. "No need to apologize. It's nice to meet you again Leeka." She commented with a gentle smile in greeting. Well that was real smooth so much for not sounding like a fool. "I will try to answer your questions the best I can. I'm still learning a lot about crafting myself so I may not be able to answer everything."

Alright giving her a warning was a good start so the painted mare didn't get her hopes up too high she mused silently to herself as she motioned for Leeka to walk with her. Thinking always seemed to be easier when she was walking so perhaps it would help to pull some answers from her scrambled brain. "I have met the Goddess once but it was about a year ago now and had nothing to do with becoming a Glazier. Kaj and Kahlua came to me first to ask if I might be willing to step into the position. Of course I agreed and through a lot of practice and explanation I managed to figure out how to use this new magic. I had watched Kahlua when she had first started to learn to be a crafter and tried to take lessons from her. From what I have learned the magic does come from the Goddess herself but is based on darkness." Pausing to try and figure out the correct wording she continued. "Its a little bit hard to describe but the gift works through the darkness all around us. It's just something you have to feel for."

@[Leeka]

Brisa Speaks

Image Credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo