the Rift

[OPEN] Ground Shakin' [joining]

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
Artorius
she'll be shocked when I change these locks

Mixed emotions rattled around in my skull as I stood there in the clearing that had been my entrance to Helovia. I wasn't too sure how to feel about the pink mare and the information she had given me, my mother was fine and in good spirits. Maybe she didn't miss me and my arrival at her door way would just cause more trouble than it would good...but then again, maybe it would be the opposite and the world would grow a couple shades brighter when our matching emeralds met once again.
Emeralds flicked over my feathered shoulders once, staring back at the world and life I had left behind one last time before I turned to face the world that sprawled out before me. Swallowing the lump that had began to form in my throat I followed the ear-less mare at an easy canter, surprise flickering in my frame at the fact that the small mare had as much speed tucked into her more compact build than I had originally thought. A fresh smile crept across my features as my emerald's closed and I was lost in the feeling of the wind tugging through my silky mane. Oh how I wished that Resplendence had wings so we could both experience the wonders that were flying, if there were a way that I could carry both her and myself through the clear blue Birdsong sky until she pointed out the land that would soon be home to the both of us, I would. But alas, she was grounded, the only experience she would get of flying was whatever images her feathered companion would send through their mental link.
Eyes snapped wide open as the sound of the mare's rythmic stride changed, slowing down to a trot before gliding easily to a stop in front of what looked like the remains of a wall. Near the base, the ground glittered with shards of glass and I made a mental note to be careful walking around here, just because my mother was a Doctor didn't mean I could act like an idiot and make a mess of myself just to spend time with her. Glossy ears flicked forward as a mixture of excitment and unease washed over my frame, thankful that our species was unable to throw up for surely the butterflies in my stomach were churning up some kind of wicked bile.
It was strange, to be so anxious over the idea of being reunited with my own mother. But the thoughts of worry were pushed aside as my emeralds moved past the shattered wall to the breathtaking view that was just past them. Trees as tall as mountains stood tall with tendrils of mist wrapping their way between the strong trunks, birds sang happily in the gentle sunlight and in the distance equines, pegasi, and unicorns alike were grazing happily side by side. A broad smile over came me as I turned to meet the golden eyes of my recruiter while vocal chords began to shake and tremble out a reply full of excitement. "So this is the edge of the world is it?"

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Abba]
Words;; 528
Notes;; Permission to powerplay Res by Abba <3 Please let Abba post first and then anyone else is welcome to join!

Credits: Image by fidber @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

He followed, easily keeping up with the pallid mare as she wove her way through the forest., across the fields, and finally back toward the borders of the Edge. It was simple, quiet, the broken glass was still strewn across the ground as a call to remember the times when Mirage had still led them all.

And, as they pulled up, she could clearly see the grin upon his face and hear the excitement in his tone. "Yes, this is the World's Edge. Now we only have to wait for someone in higher ranking to come so you can be let in," she explained. And, though she was slightly annoyed that she didn't still have the ability to grant him access, she would still follow the general rules of these lands. It was what had been keeping them safe (or so she assumed).

Carefully, she let out a gentle (but loud) call to the lands. And then, for extra measure, she sent Valiance in to find someone else who could welcome Alysanne's son into the folds of their family.

Alas, while she waited, she turned to fully face the black pegasus and allowed a few more inquiries to fall from her lips. "What brought you here? Were you searching for your mom, or just trying to learn more about Helovia?" It was a good question, or at least the pallid mare thought it was. So, she stood and waited, swishing her tail back and forth and counting each of her breathes to stay calm. She must stay calm. She must stay collected.

Feel free to powerplay Valiance bringing your tier II or I member back here ;3

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Artorius

I could hardly contain the flicker of excitement that was quickly turning into a wild fire as we stood there among the glittering, shattered glass and the tendrils of mist that were creeping between the holes in the walls. "Yes, this is the World's Edge. Now we only have to wait for someone in higher ranking to come so you can be let in," the wild fire seemed to dim a little at the idea of having to remain here at the border, only being able to imagine what wonders resided in the misty forest while waiting for the higher ranking creature to come and welcome me into the folds of their family.
My star studded skull bobbed up and down, showing the pink that I had heard her loud and clear. "It's beautiful." The words whispered away from my vocal chords into the gentle breeze of Birdsong, but alas they were lost in the call of Resplendence. Her call rang loud and true through the cracked wall as the feathered dragon took off over the walls into the herd land. I could only assume that he was on his way to go find one of these higher ranking officials that Resplendence had been talking about, but then again maybe he was just bored of our company and went to go find some trouble to cause.
The small, pallid mare turning to face me pulled my emerald's from the sky where they met easily with her molten ones as a soft medley of words began to fall from her rosy lips. "What brought you here? Were you searching for your mom, or just trying to learn more about Helovia?" Ears moved forward then to the side as my wings shifted against my sides and the mare's words sank in. I was here for a reason, and it was to find my mother in a way. But I wasn't necessarily here for her. Clearing my throat I glanced away from the pale mare for a moment, glancing out to the tree line that wasn't far from where we stood before allowing myself to reply. "More along the lines of wanting to figure out what had kept her here...and away from her family." There, the truth was out. I had travelled for days because I was hurting, I was a three year old stallion who still desired to know the truth as to what was keeping my mother away from me. Maybe it was a foolish reason to have left behind what I knew, what I was comfortable with...but I didn't want to just be comfortable for the rest of my life.

"Speech here."
Tag;; Resplendence & Archibald :D
Words;; 415
Notes;; struggled so hard with this, my head is throbbbbing

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
Cause You gotta be bigger, be faster, be stronger
If you're gonna survive any longer

Archibald stood on the edge of the world, looking out at where the ocean met the sky in the misty distance. The massive beast's golden eyes were cloudy, dark, unreadable in their cold stare out towards the end of the world. His companion stood as his side, just as statuesque and solid, her amber eyes matching his as she looked upon the ocean. Tallsun was approaching, the season would change over in just days, and it would bring his sons another year older. As he stood here, in his herdland, his sons were watching over his daughter in the Dragon's Throat. It hurt his heart, but he had to trust his sons. As much as hellfire and brimstone raged in their guts, he had seen the look of love on their eyes as they looked upon the fragile body of their sister. They would protect her, even if it endangered their own lives, and Archibald had to have confidence in that.

Boys will be good. Daughter is safe.

Gaucho is there.

If he lays a hand on Macaria, we will end his life, Archibald. We both know that, and the boys do as well.

Archibald turned his head, a red darting figure catching his attention. He recognized it as Resplendence's dragon. The small reptile seemed to be beckoning him, and with a simple nod of his head towards his red and white bitch, Archibald turned to follow the draconian messenger. Obediently, and with her interest perked at this call, Loretta followed. The bonded pair moved through the forest with ease, weaving trees and dodging boulders and jumped over fallen logs with ease. This was their forest, and it was apparent as they followed the red reptile. Finally, the King emerged at the border. His eyes found the one-eared healer quickly, and he looked her over. She was not panicky, and he felt a wave of relief for that. Turning his head, then, Archibald looked upon the newcomer. His body naturally squared up as he stood just a horse length before the midnight boy. Loretta stood at his side, watching the winged one carefully, her tail curling over her red back. "Archibald the Dauntless, World's Edge King. You seek acceptance into our ranks, I presume. Where does your talent soar?"

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Resplendence

She shifted her weight, listening as he explained the reason why he had come. To understand why Alysanne had left, hadn't been going back to her family. And that stung. Res had thought that the painted mare cared more about her family then that, that she wanted to be with her family. But, what did the painted pegasus consider family? "It's an understandable reason," Res whispered in response before looking back toward the borders.

Alas, who came she had not exactly expected. Archibald came a horse length away. And while she was finding more ease around the giant she had not expected for him to bear the title World's Edge King. Her eyes widen, mouth just barely staying shut as she stared.

When?! When did you become king?! Did you rip it from Kahlua or Kaj's hands? Did you decide that they weren't worthy? That the Grey needed to be in power? All crazy thoughts, but all there. She wouldn't ask, not now. It wasn't polite. It made her seem crazier. It made her seem as if she didn't even understand the herd that she resided in. It made her seem as if she had really disappeared.

So. Instead she just bowed her head respectfully and waited to see what the two of them would do, what they would say. After all, it was only fair. And she wasn't going to run off. She wasn't going to hide in her garden - not when Alysanne's son was right beside her. When she felt that Alysanne needed her to be there for the child that she didn't realize was here.

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Artorius

"It's an understandable reason," the pale mare replied as her golden eyes drifted back to the line of trees that so far had been uninterrupted. Before I had a chance to speak up and ask Resplendence what her relation was to my mother a massive form broke through the mist. A hulking frame stained the deepest of black, only more matte where mine carried the fine shine of the desert bred, marred with more white than had ever seen my own coat drew closer to us. The closer he grew the more the monster's bulk became obvious.
I swallowed the lump forming in my throat hard, looking between the pale mare who had brought me here, who had fallen silent, and the massive stallion who had been accompanied by a beautifully dangerous canine. "Archibald the Dauntless, World's Edge King. You seek acceptance into our ranks, I presume. Where does your talent soar?" Glossy wings shifted against my sides as I stood a little straighter before my vocal chords began to vibrate and form the beginning of words. "Greetings Sir Archibald, I am Artorius formerly of Nocturne and son of Alysanne." Muscles at the base of my neck clenched as my skull dropped ever so slightly in a show of respect to the massive stallion, Archibald, who stood not too far from where the pale mare and I stood at the broken walls. "As for talents, they are far and few between sadly, but if you would have me I would love to serve under your herd's church."
Even though I was far from being a religious man, the different cultures that were spread throughout our world were very intriguing. More so than shedding blood and causing injuries on others, or more than even healing others so maybe the church was the right place for someone like me. Surely if it wound up not being the proper fit I could easily speak to someone about learning a trade of some other sort? But for now I would be content in serving the herd as a godly man. Emeralds switched away from the stony eyes of the King to look upon Resplendence once again as I realized that I didn't know what it was that the pale mare did for the herd. Was her job recruiting? Was she trained to prey on unknowing strangers such as I? Or did she do something different that I would learn about later on down the road...either way it was quite exciting to be able to learn new things and the story of Resplendence was one of those things.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Archibald]
Words;; 440
Notes;; sorry I took so long e.e had to catch up on Hertz replies / homework

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
Cause You gotta be bigger, be faster, be stronger
If you're gonna survive any longer

The King waited, looking down on the winged boy with hard eyes. He did not convey cruelty or anger, but was simply emotionless and solid in his posture and facial expression. Large, inky ears twitched atop his head as the stallion spoke, introducing himself and giving way to his lineage. Alysanne, it seemed, was this boy's dam. Archibald's eyes narrowed some. He had never seen this boy before, but it was true that Archibald knew nothing of his healer's life before he joined the World's Edge as their Captain. Loretta moved her eyes to look at Resplendence, and her tail lowered and her ears relaxed. After their encounter in the Secret Grove, Archibald had told the cur to be softer in her presence. After all, the fierce canine struck fear into the heart of many, but Resplendence did not need anything more the fear from them. Loretta even let her tail wag--a slow, long, sweeping motion--thrice to show her new disposition.

Archibald rose a brow, however, when the child before him spoke of his little talents. Archibald gave a snort, unafraid to be blunt towards this smaller creature before him. "I do not accept stagnancy in my ranks." Archibald's voice was hard, authoritative, and deep, but did not give way to any emotion. "You will practice your craft and grow in it, or we will place you elsewhere, where your desire to improve will increase. Do you understand?" Archibald, and his other leading counterparts, were not out for anyone in their herd to be weak. While they did not expect perfection out of the hooves of their subjects, they did expect effort and an unwavering dedication to attempting to achieve excellence.

Archibald shifted his eyes to Resplendence, wondering for just a moment what her own thoughts on his words were. "Nonetheless, welcome to the World's Edge. You will now be marked as a philosopher. Evangeline, a flaxen mare with a dragon companion, is the head of your class. Should you need her, she is not hard to find. I suggest you meet with her." Archibald nodded, lifting his head some to look out into the world beyond the winged boy and the claybank healer. His golden eyes roamed the horizon, and he nodded once more, though it was mainly to himself. "If you will excuse me, I must finish my patrol."

With his last words, the bonded pair turned towards where they came, and trotted back into the treeline, to survey the rest of the border.

[ARCHI OUT.]

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Resplendence

There was no real response to her comment on the reasoning, but alas it was fine because Archibald has appeared. Artorious introduced himself, offering title of the old lands and placing Alysanne as his mother in the introduction. Still, he bowed in respect before trying to explain his talents. He spoke of the church, and confusion only managed to gloss over Resplendence's orbs. She met the young one's gaze with a curt nod in an attempt to support him in his endeavours before Archibald's voice rang back into gear. He talks about stagnancy and gives some kind of a speech on that fact that he will have to improve.

There was a gentle smile as she fully noticed the canine in an easy and relaxed position with the tail wag. She would admit that she liked the canine this way and that she would slowly build up the courage to call both Loretta and Archibald friends. He finishes it off, welcoming him and giving him his title and telling him who to meet with before bobbing his head and excuses himself from the conversation. Quiet words flicker into the air (though she doubts that the towering stag hears them as he trots off), "Be safe, you two." She still tries to consider them family, and she knows that she does not want to have to heal him any time soon. Then, she turns carefully back to Artorious. "They're not all this harsh…" She explains, flicking her tail, "and they don't expect perfection - just dedication. Do that and you will be fine." It was with that which she started back toward the herd lands and heads toward her garden. "Feel free to follow me to the gardens or explore more on your own." She offers a gentle smile and keeps walking. If he followed and had more questions she would be happy to answer, otherwise she would also be content to rest in peace near her garden.

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Artorius

As soon as the words left my mouth I knew that telling this dangerous looking King that I had few talents was a mistake, if he wasn't already hard looking the expression hardened with my admittance. "I do not accept stagnancy in my ranks. You will practice your craft and grow in it, or we will place you elsewhere, where your desire to improve will increase. Do you understand?" I cringed inwardly at the stallion's harsh words, wondering if I had just happened to catch him on a poor day or if he was always so grumpy. Sporty, black skull bobbed up and down in an affirmative motion as inky lips parted ever so slightly to let words loose. "Yessir I understand." Luckily I wasn't very tall to begin with and the monster before me was a hulking beast, so keeping my skull lower than his crown in respect was an easy task.
"Nonetheless, welcome to the World's Edge. You will now be marked as a philosopher. Evangeline, a flaxen mare with a dragon companion, is the head of your class. Should you need her, she is not hard to find. I suggest you meet with her. If you will excuse me, I must finish my patrol." And just like that the beast and his canine were gone as quickly as they had appeared, I was left standing there staring at the now empty space before me the grass still bent out of shape from his hulking mass. Glossy ears flicked back and the forth before emeralds finally moved back to the pale mare who had so graciously brought me here. "Well, he was intense." A half smile cracked across my face as I lowered my head a bit to scratch against a stuck out forelimb while Resplendence's gentle voice filled the air.
"They're not all this harsh...and they don't expect perfection - just dedication. Do that and you will be fine. Feel free to follow me to the gardens or explore more on your own." I chuckled, lifting my skull back so emerald eyes would meet the golden ones of the pink mare. Tucking my wings in close to my slender frame I smiled warmly towards the only friend I had in Helovia so far, she seemed like she was a kind mare, a little on the shy side but it was much more pleasant than the loud abruptness of the King. "Thank you for all of your help Resplendence! We must run into each other again soon, but I think I will take this time to explore the land a bit and get my head together before I bump into my mother." Offering a final smile to the pink and her feathered companion I nodded once more before trotting off into the mists of the land, I wasn't sure where I was headed just yet, but I was soon to find out.

"Speech here."
Tag;; Resplendence
Words;; 493
Notes;; I think it's safe to call this ended? :3