the Rift

[OPEN] Have a Drink on Me [FOALS ONLY plz]

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

Excitement glittered in my crystal blue eyes as I raced away from my mother once again, banded wings spread out as if I thought a gust of wind would catch me and suddenly I would be flying. I couldn't wait until the weak appendages were strong enough to carry my mass through the sky. It would come eventually, but for now I was grounded, my only freedom to be reached by racing over the warm sands. Today my adventures would probably be able to last a little longer than my run in with Cirrus and Bucephalus considering today my stomach was full of Alija's sweet nectar. There would be no growling stomach and pangs of hunger...at least not for the next hour or two. Just long enough to cause some trouble that the adults would have to clean up later!
An infectious giggle escaped through my navy kissers, and boy was I glad there wasn't anyone around to hear the girlish noise come from me, I had a reputation to uphold and sounding like a filly wouldn't give me any kind of rep. Except a bad one. Dark ears flicked back against my skull as wings pulled in close to my ribs and striped limbs struck out even harder than before, racing towards a specific spot in our sandbox where hopefully my brother and any of the other foals would show up so I could share the devious plan that had been forming in my head all day.
My slowly growing tail snapped against my hips as I pulled to a halt next to the ever-burning flame. Had I been older, and a little bit wiser maybe I would have known the importance of this location to my herd, but as a child this place just seemed like an awesome meeting place that was easy to find! A wicked grin crept across the right side of my mouth while I turned away from the flames for just a moment, looking over my shoulder at the horizon I had just came from. Hopefully Aakesh had understood my secret message to meet me here after lunch and today wouldn't wind up being a big ole' flop! Excitement bubbled at dangerous levels within my small form as I hopped from hoof to hoof in hopes of containing the energy that coursed through my veins while I waited for my smaller brother's dark form to break the clear blue of the sky and warm red of the sands.

"Speech speech speech"
Tag;; @[Zèklè] @[Aakesh]
Words;; 415
Notes;; If you have a character less than a year old in the Throat and I didn't tag you, please by all means join :D

Image Credit

Aakesh Posts: 16
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 3
Adoptable

Now older, the colt was trying to chew down some grass. Shivering as the greens from the slid down his throat the colt shook his purple speckled head before trotting to the mother he now shared. It didn't bother him in the least to have, little big brother. He liked when Hertz had something fun in mind, Aakesh was not one to be alone. He bored quickly when left to his own devices. So when his navy bro told him he had a plan for today, he jumped at the chance. Drinking his fill from his antlered mother, the colt reached up to rub his face against hers. "Love you Mamma." She smiled warmly down at her black son. I love you too sweetling, take care of yourself and Hertz." Nodding he turned moved into a smooth gallop.

Joy and excitement pounded through him wondering what his brother had in mind. Sand flew out from under strong feathered hooves. Even though the purple hairs were still growing, they were already thickening showing how long they would eventually be. As he topped a sandy dune, silver eyes fell on a familiar form. Nickering happily he bolted down the hill, allowing the sand to carry him. Laughter bubbled out from black and amethyst lips as he hurtled down towards his brother. Steel grey eyes flashed playfully as he thought of pouncing on Hertz. Lucky for his larger sibling, he was standing much to close to the fire to play safely.

Finally sliding to a stop the feathery boy threw open purple tinted wings in welcome. "Hey bro what's up?!" His voice was still young and squeaky, but it held a hint of the avalanche it would, one day, hold. Stepping closer and pulling wings in simultaneously, he reached out hoping to touch his brothers neck warmly. "What are we doing here anyway?" Smiling mischievously Aakesh wondered what the navy had in mind for today. The lightning covered lad always had very... interesting plans. Stepping back the boy stomped his hoof chasing of a very annoying fly. 'Stupid bugs!'

------------------------------------------------
talk Thoughts
Words; 346
Notes; Whoop! Boy time!!

Danger? Hah!
I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger. Ha ha ha ha!

TigerStriped4 | LarissaAllen | sugarpoultry
Please tag Aakesh

[Image: comm_aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24aj.png]

[Image: aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24ke.png] Both pixels by Aud!

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

Wide eyes looked upon the seemingly endless dune after dune of sand, as I tried to grasp how this place was laid out. To one of my sides was the oasis all green and lush. Within it there was palm trees and grass and even a small lake. What we needed to survive, I reminded myself as Hector's words echoed within my mind. Praise the Sun for his generosity. Our herd’s bones would surely be scorched and scattered across the sands if not for Him. Yes, praise the Sun indeed. He not only provided this herd with the gifts of sustainable life, but he also was also (although indirectly I guess) providing me with a safe haven. Oh, and if it weren't for the Sun I probably wouldn't have came across Hector...or he wouldn't have came across me however he wanted to put it.

Movement caught my attention as I saw a dark blur scurry across the warm sands of my new home. It was a small figure from what I could tell, but where was it going? I was just about to set off to find out what was going on when I saw another blur pass by.

What the hell was I missing out on?

As fast as my overly large wings would let me go without flying (because apparently after living for a year underground you tend to find out that your muscles are weak as shit), I made my way to follow wherever these blurs were going.

It didn't take long after I got on their trail to find out where they were headed. It was some sort of ever glowing flame. Being new to this land, I didn't have any clue as to this place's importance but one day I would. My pale ears swiveled as I managed to catch bits and pieces of what the two other people were saying while I laid low just on the other side of a small dune. Their voices were a tad bit squeaky and high pitched. Other foals?

Now curious, I began to walk over the dune and right as I almost reached the top I heard one of them ask what they were doing here. It couldn't have been more perfect.

“Yes, just what are we doing here?” I asked as I came over the top and then back down with my approach. Surprise filled my eyes as I recognized one of the two colts that stood before me: Hertz. Guessing by the other one asking all the questions and the fact that Hertz seemed like he couldn't sit still, he was probably the ring leader of whatever was going on. I repositioned my wings against my back as I grew closer to the two. Thankfully my wings were starting to feel more comfortable in this position and it was becoming less forced so I didn't look quite so awkward. But having met Hertz breifly and not knowing the other colt did make me feel a little on edge.

A barrage of what if questions flooded my mind as I stood there and waited for either Hertz or the other colt to speak, but eventually I just said to myself in my mind be brave and I began to calm down some. There was no need for me to get all worked up here. Both Hertz and the other colt had wings so I was safe wasn't I? I had yet to see a wingless equine here in this land so yes...I guess I was safe.

But still, be brave...like Hector.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 595
TAGGED;; @[Hertz] @[Aakesh]
OOC;; well I guess she's here xD

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Do they know how lucky they are? When Ivezho and I were born, we were the only foals in the Throat. Or at least, it felt that way. I think there were maybe two others, but we never really saw them. I don't know if that was our fault or theirs - to be fair, the two of us were often forced into doing diplomatic duties with Mother and Father. At least ... at least until Mother and Ivezho left. Then it was just me, all alone. Of course I wasn't alone, I had the whole herd to keep me busy, but it wasn't the same. Once you lose a twin, nothing ever really feels the same anymore.

I watch from on a sand dune as the foals below get acquainted with one another. I want to join them, to frolic and play and join whatever game it is they were surely strike up, but I hesitate. The last time I played was with Spice, and afterwards I felt guilty, as if the happiness I had felt with her somehow betrayed my Mother and twin, as if I was doing wrong somehow, but being happy in the face of their disappearance.

I could be happy without them though, couldn't I?

Some days it felt like I could, others it didn't.

My gaze, the colour of the sunlight bouncing off of the waters that surrounded our home, watched enviously. It wouldn't do for a prince of the Throat to simply play, would it? I'm about to turn and leave, to go and find something responsible to do, when an idea strikes me. If I am a prince, and one of my duties is to know all of our herd, then I do have a duty here! I shall get to know them! Delight lines my face as I realize a way to give into my cravings to simply be a child, but also to do my duties.

My graying wings spread from my sides, and as they do, the gentle rhythmic pulsing of the embered-fire that bleeds from my feathers, casts a warm light upon my flanks. I take to the skies, gliding gently from my higher position to where the assembled group is below. My landing isn't as graceful as Father's usually are, but I don't stumble or fall so that's a win I suppose.

For once, I leave my wings slightly unfurled, allowing the warm golden light that pulses from beneath my ashen feathers to flood my body and the sands with light - a clear indicator of the lineage from which I stem.

"Hello!" I offer in a voice which is meant to sound mature, but probably just sounds overly excited.

Image Credits

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

I can't find your silver lining. . .

I don't see the difference. I wish I did, but I just simply didn't. The water on the outside is salt? And on the inside... fresh?. Ew. Weird. But I very much liked the inside one better less...mmm...what's the word...?

Salty.

I'd been standing at the oasis when I decided I'd go looking for trouble. My day was already horrid with all this boring thinking about the different types of water in the Throat. I'd decided that I'd get in some sort of trouble for myself. It's not like there was anyone around to see it. And no, it's not an integrity thing, it's just that I see myself not perfect, and I know that in the Throat I am pretty much free other than any duties I am required to do when asked.

I'd taken flight before this string of thought had ended and I was now gliding over the clouds, making a merciless loop. Well, it was merciless for me because one: I'd never ever done that before and two: I could have fallen.
Though, I'd fallen before and I was okay...but it kind of scared be a bit now. That was when I met Gaucho.
I still feel like I have not made a correct impression on him yet. Dark specks and light specks and grey specks dot an area that I very much want to be in at the moment.

There are others there.

Talking. And being social and not bored with water and themselves and...

NEW FRIENDS!!

I swoop down, dappled wings curved in a new way I'd invented. The air flowing over them, not catching them as I watch with daring eyes what was to happen next. Pulling up, I land softly into the sand, trotting a little at the end. I imagine the cheering and whoops as I say "I call that one, dare-devil's dive." Yeah...no. I was no diving champion, nor would I ever be. Just me. As much a me I could be.

I evaluate the foals that where here. I saw Rhoa. He was the only one out of the four who I knew and I was kind of proud of it. Also, it meant meeting new friends. I made my way over with a bright smile, and it seems he did as well. I am silent and soft in my approach, though I wished they'd seen my dive. It was kind of amazing the way I dropped out the sky like that...

But not to be a bragger, I wouldn't mention it. They where all young, but I would call myself young as well. I wanted more friends, here they where! So, I nodded and accepted that. They seem to have just met as well, and I find myself feeling thankful that I had found them on this hot day. "Hey..." I say as I step forward, my eyes lighting up at the sight of a painted girl, just like me. But only a tad bit different. "I'm Spice...and I couldn't help but see you guys from the sky..." I shoot a look Rhoa's way. Wondering what he thinks of my approach. "And, I was wondering if you would like to be friends with me." She looks to Rhoa, nodding to him softly. "I already know one of you, but the others I have not heard of..." I felt that I was being too formal.

I didn't like it. Smiling brightly I finished "and I just got really exited and told myself that I just had to come down here." Yeah there you go, get into the new-friend party. You can do it. Just be yourself. Act natural.

Oh, look at that. Another oxymoron.

"Talk Talk Talk"
Yup. She's here.
I don't mean to judge...
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
I'LL BE YOUR NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET
a loaded god complex, cock it and pull it
So as it turned out, there were lots of other kids in the Throat.

Well, a few, which was still pretty awesome. Ma was off training again, which she was always doing, the colt was pretty sure, but that was okay because she had a job being the best fighter in the entire herd. It just meant he has to entertain himself a little, find some source of amusement that would be both awesome and not make Ma mad (again).

He found the group of foals because they were loud, their young voices piercing the clear air and enticing him with fingers of tempting fun. He hadn't met any of the other kids yet. Were they all friends already? Was he gonna have to prove himself to get into the club? Did they have a club? If not, maybe he could make one. Zèklè picked his hooves into a lopsided lope, scrambling excitedly through the sand and dirt, using his wing to balance in a strange, half-formed way that worked for him but looked ridiculous. Would there be any Grown Ups there?

Nope. Score!

He was the smallest one there, but he didn't care. His sunbeam eyes lit up with excitement as he looked at them, all five of them, and knew that this was gonna be the start of a most epic day, and that he was gonna be there to enjoy the whole thing, and that Ma was gonna think it was so cool when he told her later.

From his vantage point on a neighboring dune, he shouted, calling to the group around the Diviner's fire. "Hey!" his voice rang, loud and bright, joyful and young and free of the trials which plagued poor Grown Ups, free of anxiety or worry or fear.

He started down the hill, walking, running, scrambling inelegantly, quickly, his eyes suddenly as big as saucers and his ears held high in alarm. Panic spread across his face. Oh shit oh shitohshitoHSHITOHSSHIT HOW DO I STOP?

Turns out, he didn't.

Like an unstoppable force he barreled down the hill, shouting, laughter and panic mixing in his narrow chest. "HEY LOOK OUT!" the boy screamed, closing his eyes against inevitable impact as he went flying, flailing, directly through the assembled group, tripping and sprawling onto the sand. Was he dead? Was he dying?

He coughed, and began to laugh.

"That... was... AWESOME!"

Z è K L è
am i more than you bargained for yet?

image credit

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: #f1d485;}</style>

Excitement raged through my small, lightening struck frame as I danced from hoof to hoof waiting for anyone that would show up. Getting into trouble wasn't half as fun alone as it was in a big group, then it seemed like the punishment would be less because well....the adults couldn't really ground all of us could they? Baby blues settled on the purple and black frame of my brother, Aakesh, as he came crashing down the sandy dunes his wings spread out wide while he slid to a stop sending a wave of sand crashing at my knees. "What are we doing here anyway?" The two toned colt asked while a wicked, mischevious grin spread it's way across my navy features but before I could reply another familiar frame broke over the top of the dunes, her descent to the flames was much more graceful than my brother's had been...but she was also a little older than us two.
She too spoke up asking what it was we were doing here and for a moment I expected the pretty pain, Isara, to scold us for being so close to the flames that could just as easily destroy us as it did keep the Sun God happy. But it never came, instead there was the sound of another's voice, this one just a mere greeting, blues turned to meet the grey and white colt's eyes as my skull dipped ever so slightly. It seemed that others were going to continue appearing as another filly appeared who seemed to be about the same age as Isara and the unknown grey. The new filly seemed a bit more nervous than the others, at least a louder nervous as her soft voice rattled on and on for a little while, introducing herself before asking who we were and exclaiming her excitement. The grin on my features widened as I bobbed my skull in a greeting to the new paint, Spice, before allowing myself to speak up once again.
"Hiya Spice! I am Hertz, this is my brother Aakesh, and my friend Isara! I'm not sure who you are though." As I spoke I looked to each of the other's I was introducing in turn, my blues settling on the larger colt for a moment before the form of something tumbling in our direction down the great dunes captured all of my attention and dark rimmed ears pulled forward to catch the shouting coming from the smaller form. "HEY LOOK OUT!" Panic bubbled inside me as I hoped the newcomer wouldn't send his and myself flying through the air into the flames behind us where the excitement would surely end and a new kind of trouble would meet us. But it seemed the Sun God was looking down on us as the brown foal's frame came to a halt in the midst of our slowly growing group, baby blues widened to the size of Hector's hooves while the boy lay there giggling up a storm. "That... was... AWESOME!" Content the boy was okay I began to laugh to before pouncing closer to him, my orange and maroon banded wings tucked in close to my body. "Do it again!!!" I demanded as excitement replaced the panic while I danced in place, happy for all of the new comers and excited to see what kind of havoc we could wreck over all of the Throat today.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Aakesh] @[Isara] @[Rhoa] @[Spice] @[Zèklè]
Words;; 580
Notes;; Tagged everyone cause I was super slow getting back to this, let's try to keep a posting order but if anyone seems to be taking sooooper (like 2 weeks) long then just skip them :3

Hertz
thunderstruck
- credits :: credits -