the Rift

[OPEN] Release

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
The Morningstar

It had been bugging me for days. The little colt that said his dam was Alija...

I had been there for Aakesh's birth. He had been single-born, as normal. So, where did this second child, younger than my son, come from? Did she adopt him? Or was it something else, a delayed twin to Aakesh? Was my firstborn actually premature? My mind rolled, pouring over every possibility with a determination bordering on obsession as I walk across the sunset-painted sands, towards where I could usually find Alija and Aakesh, towards my child and towards rest.

With the murders, every new stranger was worth keeping an eye on...and that was what I had been doing so often. I kept track of comings and goings as best as I could, checked on the members of the herd and listening in on the gossip. I sacrificed many a night's rest watching, waiting for everyone to finally be home and asleep before I allowed myself to wander off and find a place to fall and sleep myself. My constant trips to check on my twins and their dam were draining even my seemingly endless supply of energy.

But usually a solid night's sleep restored what I depleted, and I made sure to take a break the day before to sleep and rest and recover, so I would be strong and he could not come out and ruin my time with the only family I had left.

The usual mixture of fear, curiousity, delight and caution heated within my chest as I picked up their scents, and I let out a whinny as to not alarm them as I crest a dune. But there is another scent, different yet akin to Alija and Aakesh. It is this scent that makes me pause, mind flickering towards the cloud-mare and the colt. Did he speak truth? Did Alija and I have another child, a set of twins like Breccan and Tempe?

If so...

Damn my fertile genes

"talk talk talk"

@[Alija] @[Hertz] @[Aakesh]

The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man.
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Pixel by Aud

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
A
L
I
J
A
Alija smiled down at Aakesh as his little tail flicked around happily suckling away. Steel blue oculars turned looking for her adopted son. Life was great, she had two healthy happy, all-be-it mischievous little boys, that she loved very much. Even though only Aakesh was her only blood child, but the navy boy held just as much place in her heart as her black and purple son. She smiled softly enjoying the sun as it warmed her pelt through the filtering leaves. These might have been her first babies, but she knew they needed to stay by water and shade. The oasis had become her home, only allowing the boys to leave until the sun set. It was hard to keep up with both of them, and she knew her hold on them wasn't as tight as it should be. A gentle sigh ruffled her muzzle.

A familiar scent wafted on the warm air. Amethyst harks pricked as his call sounded. Aakesh stopped eating and backed away from his mother. His own black ears pricked up his small sides quivered as he called back excitedly. Alija smiled kindly at him before butting him softly with her muzzle. Looking joyously at Alija for a moment, he caught her nod and kind smile, before turning and racing away. Steel eyes caught sight of his father and he squealed happily rushing him. "Father!" Alija cocked a hoof comfortable watching her son before turning to look at Hertz, encouraging him to chase after Aakesh with a sweep of her antlered head. In her mind the only way life could be better is if Buce loved her, as she thought she had loved him.

Maybe one day the mutli-colored healer would find a stallion to hold her heart. Until then she would be happy with her sons, herd, and Buce. Her own nicker sound softly as Aakesh tried to pounce on his father, wings spread wide. "I missed you Father! Have you meet my brother Hertz?" He turned back trying to find his larger brother. Alija caught the words Aakesh spoke and she froze. Why had she been so stupid! She should have told Buce about the navy colt. She would tell him once Aakesh had his fun harassing the black and gold man.

-----------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 379
Tags:
Note:
Image Credit
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

Navy lids grew heavy over baby blue pools as I rested in the tall grass that grew along the pool of water where my mother, brother, and myself stayed during the day when the sun was bright and unrelenting above us. My knobby infantile limbs were still exhausted from yesterday's adventures, but it seemed as if the gods weren't going to allow me a break today either. Maybe it was just punishment for all of my sneaking away in the last month or two that I had been alive, my safety pod of goo now long gone from any memories I had.
A sigh escaped through ever so slightly parted lips as I slowly slipped away from reality and into the comforting land of dreams where I could run and play for days without growing hungry or tired. But a deep call broke through the sound of Aakesh nursing and suddenly the air was filled with the joyful screeching of the black and purple colt. "Father!" Irritation flooded my small frame as I realized that nap time was going to turn into family time, I couldn't help but be a little excited at the thought of finally meeting my father. He must be a very busy stallion, someone of importance if it kept him away from his sons and their mother for so long that I hadn't met him yet.
Baby blues glanced upwards as my mother's beautifully antlered head tilted in the direction my brother had ran, a hint that it was time to get up and chase after him otherwise I was going to be left behind. A snort blasted through navy paper thins while I stretched out my long limbs so I could remove myself from the sandy nest I had formed. But I was quickly to my hooves and racing after my brother, the exhaustion that had riddled my frame was gone before I had a moment to remember that just moments ago I had been ready to sleep until the sun came back up again. "I missed you Father! Have you meet my brother Hertz?"
The words sounded so strange in my ears. How had our father met Aakesh but not me? Was I not as important to the stallion as Aakesh was? Rounding a corner my navy rimmed ears flicked back, then to the sides as baby blues settled on the black, gold, and white frame of the stallion I had met with the cloud mare, Cirrus. Lids narrowed slightly over my eyes as I stopped moving forward, how come he hadn't told me he was my father the first time we had met? Orange banded wings tucked in close to my ribcage as I took a few steps closer to my smaller, but older brother where I puffed my slim chest slightly and locked my eyes onto the tall, black stallion.
This time he didn't have a mare to yell at, so maybe he would properly introduce himself as my father.

speech
Tag | @[Bucephalus]
Words | 500
Notes | Sorry it took me so long to reply <3 haven't been feeling too hot lately.
I've seen people turn their heads
then quickly look away
image credits

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

The only warning I am given is a shrill little squeal, then a cry, 'Father!' before a little black blur comes hurtling at me, and I brace myself, and when Aakesh pounces at me I fall dramatically to the ground, letting him fall upon me. "Ahh! What is this? This can't be my Aakesh, he's too big!" I fold a wing over him, lifting my head to blow across his cheek and neck, nipping gently and playfully.

Warmth is in my chest, comfortable and soothing. I am almost too distracted to hear Aakesh's words, and curiously I raise my head to look towards Alija. Yet lo and behold, the young colt from before is standing there, looking quite, awkward.

I release Aakesh, getting to my feet before I lower my head to gaze down at the boy, Hertz. He is blue, gold and red. It is..an odd mix, but with a purple dam, I wouldn't put it past him somehow being my offspring.

"Hello Hertz... Well I certainly made quite the first impression, didn't I?" What did he think of me? I had brushed him off so easily, so distantly... Shit!

Did he already hate me? Shit shit shit on a hot summer day shit!

The warmth in my chest is gone, replaced by nagging worry, and I slowly reach out to try and brush my muzzle against his, seeking his scent to commit it to memory, to commit it as my son. I didn't know quite what to do, to try and fix what I had done...maybe the boy forgot?

Considering his demeanor, I wasn't sure.

"Alija didn't tell me I had two such strong little men as sons." I pull back, looking down at them both, a flicker of a smile crossing my face. "Handsome ones at that, and getting bigger each day." Aakesh is already far larger than he had been at birth, and it was startling obvious which parent he took after in terms of build. Hertz.. he seemed to be a blend, a mixture, different and unique.

@[Alija] @[Hertz]
Bucephalus the Morningstar
My revolution carries me...
My revolution sets me free...
credits :: table

Pixel by Aud